First Prev
of 2
Next Last
anyone

Columbia, KY

#1 Feb 10, 2013
does anyone know what the new building is they are building on 55 is where the new road is being built looks big hope its a new resturant
Rick

Hodgenville, KY

#2 Feb 10, 2013
anyone wrote:
does anyone know what the new building is they are building on 55 is where the new road is being built looks big hope its a new resturant
Inflac brake co moving there from Water tower by-pass.

“be happy”

Since: Feb 12

Burdik, Ky.

#3 Feb 10, 2013
anyone wrote:
does anyone know what the new building is they are building on 55 is where the new road is being built looks big hope its a new resturant
that would be a really big buffet lol
ok me 2

Clarkson, KY

#4 Feb 11, 2013
What are they building in the lot behind dairy queen?
Bert

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Feb 14, 2013
Dollar store behind Dairy queen.
New spec building for team taylor co. and mayor tony young on 55 your occupation taxes at work, be proud. Thank all those fine magistrates and eddie rodgers
check it out

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Feb 14, 2013
Bert wrote:
Dollar store behind Dairy queen.
New spec building for team taylor co. and mayor tony young on 55 your occupation taxes at work, be proud. Thank all those fine magistrates and eddie rodgers
Now if team TC could get some businesses in those spec buildings. I think that there are 2 or 3 empty ones already in the water by-pass area.
funnny

Elizabethtown, KY

#7 Feb 14, 2013
team TC is a epic failure. and they should be fire.
and start over with some one who go out and get what we .

old ron to the city council that the unemployment rate was down in December. well that's true do to the fact amazon hire extra help for the season. but I bet it back up now , fire ron butt
advice

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 Feb 14, 2013
Bert wrote:
Dollar store behind Dairy queen.
New spec building for team taylor co. and mayor tony young on 55 your occupation taxes at work, be proud. Thank all those fine magistrates and eddie rodgers
I spec it will set empty for a long time because most companies have outsourced jobs to other countries. If you're correct, then the constructed building will be money tied up.

We've already got 4 Dollar General stores in this town. If I'm not mistaken, McMahan (industrial recruiter's) family owned the lot where DG is building. The reason the lots stayed empty for several years was because of the huge price. That lot probably sold for as much as the lot Lowe's currently sets on. Occupational tax dollars used to sell personal property?
advice

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Feb 14, 2013
check it out wrote:
<quoted text>Now if team TC could get some businesses in those spec buildings. I think that there are 2 or 3 empty ones already in the water by-pass area.
You're exactly right. PBI Bank is selling the old B&W Metals building at an upcoming auction. It was vacant before DG built on 55 going to Columbia. I guarantee that DG could have gotten a much better price on the B&W building, and it would have been a lot bigger. It would have given Walmart a whole lot more competition from the Campbellsville and Columbia side.

I don't know about everyone else, but I smell dirty selfish financial gain in all of this.
Fact is

Louisville, KY

#10 Feb 15, 2013
Do your research. Dollar General will NOT locate a Dollar General Market in a town with a Super Wal Mart. Plus, Dollar General doesn't need a building as big as the old B&W Building.
KY Christian School has their eye on the old B&W building and one of Campbellsville's behind the scenes powerbrokers is behind it all.
advice

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Feb 15, 2013
Fact is wrote:
Do your research. Dollar General will NOT locate a Dollar General Market in a town with a Super Wal Mart. Plus, Dollar General doesn't need a building as big as the old B&W Building.
KY Christian School has their eye on the old B&W building and one of Campbellsville's behind the scenes powerbrokers is behind it all.
Well, well....Mr. "Fact is" is in the knowt. It appears you have some inside knowledge of what Dollar General looks for in a town. I still smell shady shenanigans. It would definitely be a good location for the Ky Christian School. KCS will get the building for little to nothing. It seems incredibly stupid for Team TC to build a spec building while they could have gotten the old B&W building for pennies on the dollar compared to the astronomical expense they will pour into the constructed building. It only makes good economic common sense, unless there are shady shenanigans going on. I'm certainly not on DG's site development team, but if I were, I bet I could have saved them at least $1 million while creating a DG mega-mart. It's all politics, and you know it. Some will come out smelling like a rose while some will come out on the short end of the stick.
Bert

Elizabethtown, KY

#13 Feb 15, 2013
advice wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, well....Mr. "Fact is" is in the knowt. It appears you have some inside knowledge of what Dollar General looks for in a town. I still smell shady shenanigans. It would definitely be a good location for the Ky Christian School. KCS will get the building for little to nothing. It seems incredibly stupid for Team TC to build a spec building while they could have gotten the old B&W building for pennies on the dollar compared to the astronomical expense they will pour into the constructed building. It only makes good economic common sense, unless there are shady shenanigans going on. I'm certainly not on DG's site development team, but if I were, I bet I could have saved them at least $1 million while creating a DG mega-mart. It's all politics, and you know it. Some will come out smelling like a rose while some will come out on the short end of the stick.
Team TC is not interested in a deal on B&W or any other, they're building that new spec building in the new TC Industrial park, haven't you noticed the big new street, and the pretty new white fence, and they're fixin to put a big new shiny $3 million dollar water tank in they're, be proud of Team TC and all our officials.
Rick

Hodgenville, KY

#14 Feb 15, 2013
Bert wrote:
<quoted text>
Team TC is not interested in a deal on B&W or any other, they're building that new spec building in the new TC Industrial park, haven't you noticed the big new street, and the pretty new white fence, and they're fixin to put a big new shiny $3 million dollar water tank in they're, be proud of Team TC and all our officials.
That building is for Inflac.
hahahahaha

Elizabethtown, KY

#15 Feb 15, 2013
Bert wrote:
<quoted text>
Team TC is not interested in a deal on B&W or any other, they're building that new spec building in the new TC Industrial park, haven't you noticed the big new street, and the pretty new white fence, and they're fixin to put a big new shiny $3 million dollar water tank in they're, be proud of Team TC and all our officials.
[ be proud of Team TC and all our officials] that's funny they are a f--king joke ..
Rick

Hodgenville, KY

#16 Feb 15, 2013
hahahahaha wrote:
<quoted text> [ be proud of Team TC and all our officials] that's funny they are a f--king joke ..
I think he was making a joke
Bert

Elizabethtown, KY

#17 Feb 15, 2013
Rick wrote:
<quoted text>That building is for Inflac.
Wait and see Infac may move out in the industrial park in the future, the building under construction is for a new industry Mr McMahan is bringing to this area. Our Mayor is making plans for our new recreation facility with ball fields to be located adjacent to the park, how lucky we residents are to have Team TC and Mr Young.
check it out

Campbellsville, KY

#18 Feb 15, 2013
hahahahaha wrote:
<quoted text> [ be proud of Team TC and all our officials] that's funny they are a f--king joke ..
They sure are. Just look in your local paper for employment and you may see a job every now and then other than truck driver for C-ville. Then you will see multiple job postings for Lebanon. It's a shame that the people of this community have to drive to another county all because a few in Taylor County control the ones in charge here. The good old boy network is costing TC not only jobs but a tax base the county sure could use.
Rick

Hodgenville, KY

#19 Feb 15, 2013
Bert wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait and see Infac may move out in the industrial park in the future, the building under construction is for a new industry Mr McMahan is bringing to this area. Our Mayor is making plans for our new recreation facility with ball fields to be located adjacent to the park, how lucky we residents are to have Team TC and Mr Young.
I'm sorry, I guess you are a joke, The news said that the building was for Inflac
Bert

Elizabethtown, KY

#20 Feb 15, 2013
How many structures do you think will be constructed in an industrial park of that magnitude? Infac will probably be the only industry located there.
Jim

Elizabethtown, KY

#21 Feb 15, 2013
Mcmahan and Gov Beshear will be making an announcement in May concerning Zappos bringing in a new operation at the industrial park and the number of employees they will start operations with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min SistaNoneYa 137,862
Rack and Cue busted 2 hr LMS 6
when cocaine meats heroine 21 hr Homeboy 53
News Lebanon, KY man charged with burglary 2nd in Ca... Sun hodge 1
Skatepark destroyed Sat Uep 5
Review: International Gospel Lighthouse Sat bambi 2
Anyone Know Cedric? Sat Cedric Eugene Che... 21
More from around the web

Campbellsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]