Where

Elizabethtown, KY

#22 Jan 2, 2012
Ummm...there are 12 council members who vote on everything. They can outvote the Mayor. It's not rocket science.

Personally I think if all this pans out it could be a great asset for our city and I think our Mayor is looking toward the future instead of living in the past like all our other Mayors have done.
future

Elizabethtown, KY

#23 Jan 2, 2012
You have to have sum one in the office that look 5, 10, 15, years down the road , not 1, 2 ,5 or 10 months,.
Gomer

Sonora, KY

#24 Jan 7, 2012
Several council members did vote against the property.
city concerned

Elizabethtown, KY

#25 Jan 8, 2012
when you have plenty of money you can look to future and buy pricey items, when your broke your happy with what you have.i believe the guy dont know what he is doing,i have yet to hear anything good about him from anybody.
Mechanic

Leitchfield, KY

#26 Jan 8, 2012
Fix the system. Who has the money? GOVERNMENT People look at the big picture. EVERY county has NEW SCHOOLS JAILS COURT HOUSES where does this money come from and why do the counties need them" GOVERNMENT control!! disagree or rebell against POLITICS they send you to their NEW COURT HOUSE sentence you to the NEW JAIL so you cann't excape and they have CONTROL CONTROL CONTROL!!! Our country is going SOCIALIST opens your eyes people Your JOBS JOBS are to work for the GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!!!! Fix the system TAKE OUR COUNTRY BACK TO US 'THE PEOPLE' BY THE PEOPLE--FOR THE PEOPLE
village idiot

Elizabethtown, KY

#28 Jan 8, 2012
supply clerk job that sister n law give him-to mayor.what the hell do you expect?
Real Deal

Louisville, KY

#30 Jan 10, 2012
I think three council members of 12 voted against it. That's hardly "several".
gun toter

Campbellsville, KY

#31 Jan 10, 2012
Who wears a gun strapped to his ankle to work in places only law enforcement are allowed to wear one? It is Ronald McDonald at McDonalds.
Great move

Elizabethtown, KY

#33 Jan 10, 2012
At least those three, if that is correct, had enough sense not to vote for it. the rest need to go.
Lebanon Rules

Campbellsville, KY

#34 Jan 10, 2012
Where wrote:
Hey JACK,
I really don't care either way about Tony, but I would ask you to offer four or five examples of neighboring communities getting new jobs in the past year....we are in by far the worst economic times of since the Great Depression...companies aren't expanding, much less opening new factories. So if you have a plan to attract new jobs I'm sure the Mayor, Council, Judge, Fiscal Court and Economic Devel would be glad to listen and to give you all the credit if your plan works.
Uh right off the top of my head I can give you four examples in Lebanon KY:
1. R.L. Schreiber
2. Total Fuel Parts (next to TG)
3. A small micro brewery on the bypass
4, Montebello is expanding.

So stick that in your economy!@!!!!
getouof here

Campbellsville, KY

#36 Jan 10, 2012
Lebanon Rules wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh right off the top of my head I can give you four examples in Lebanon KY:
1. R.L. Schreiber
2. Total Fuel Parts (next to TG)
3. A small micro brewery on the bypass
4, Montebello is expanding.
So stick that in your economy!@!!!!
Lebanon is also a bit closer to better roads........not to mention "wet" all over.
go mayor

Elizabethtown, KY

#37 Jan 10, 2012
lebanon may be getting good jobs but our mayor is helping us have a million dollar county fair.i bet lebanon has theres on the same ole land.and our city employees are treated better.
GOOD GRIEF

Elizabethtown, KY

#38 Jan 10, 2012
gun toter wrote:
Who wears a gun strapped to his ankle to work in places only law enforcement are allowed to wear one? It is Ronald McDonald at McDonalds.
Who is wearing a gun?
WTF

Leitchfield, KY

#39 Jan 11, 2012
go mayor wrote:
lebanon may be getting good jobs but our mayor is helping us have a million dollar county fair.i bet lebanon has theres on the same ole land.and our city employees are treated better.
How have the City of Campbellsville employees been treated better? BY some losing there hazardous duty retirement that they had most of their career invested in? Whats funny is the new property recently purchased will cost about the same a month as what the retirement would have. Oh wait, it always nice for the mayor to try and muscle in who he wants to get a job that opens up, but that hasn't gone so well has it! He has turned into nothing more than your typical politician. Just another tick sucking the lifes blood from our community.
bah bah bah

Elizabethtown, KY

#40 Jan 11, 2012
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
How have the City of Campbellsville employees been treated better? BY some losing there hazardous duty retirement that they had most of their career invested in? Whats funny is the new property recently purchased will cost about the same a month as what the retirement would have. Oh wait, it always nice for the mayor to try and muscle in who he wants to get a job that opens up, but that hasn't gone so well has it! He has turned into nothing more than your typical politician. Just another tick sucking the life's blood from our community.
One all government employee should be treated the same as a taxpaying citizen . NO NO PENSION BACK BACK THE TAXPAYER, have a 401K. and they draw social security like the rest of the taxpayer.,,,,, hazardous duty what the hail is so hazardous about push a broom or throwing down something to clear up oil and gas, nothing . we do not have any dangers chemical plants around so get real that was a waste to pay hazardous duty pay and hazardous duty pay was a waste of tax dollars.
Nice

Hodgenville, KY

#41 Jan 12, 2012
WTF wrote:
<quoted text>
How have the City of Campbellsville employees been treated better? BY some losing there hazardous duty retirement that they had most of their career invested in? Whats funny is the new property recently purchased will cost about the same a month as what the retirement would have. Oh wait, it always nice for the mayor to try and muscle in who he wants to get a job that opens up, but that hasn't gone so well has it! He has turned into nothing more than your typical politician. Just another tick sucking the lifes blood from our community.
Will he be giving his son a new job???
young

Elizabethtown, KY

#42 Jan 14, 2012
congats to youngs this week.lmao
just the start

Elizabethtown, KY

#43 Jan 14, 2012
Nice wrote:
<quoted text>
Will he be giving his son a new job???
hahahaha roflao.
Comment

Elizabethtown, KY

#44 Jan 14, 2012
go mayor wrote:
lebanon may be getting good jobs but our mayor is helping us have a million dollar county fair.i bet lebanon has theres on the same ole land.and our city employees are treated better.
Who in the crap cares about a county fair? Just the people who are going to make money from it like the guy who's in charge of getting it put together. Kind of self serving there little buddy. haha!
WTF

Leitchfield, KY

#45 Jan 16, 2012
bah bah bah wrote:
<quoted text> One all government employee should be treated the same as a taxpaying citizen . NO NO PENSION BACK BACK THE TAXPAYER, have a 401K. and they draw social security like the rest of the taxpayer.,,,,, hazardous duty what the hail is so hazardous about push a broom or throwing down something to clear up oil and gas, nothing . we do not have any dangers chemical plants around so get real that was a waste to pay hazardous duty pay and hazardous duty pay was a waste of tax dollars.
First off the employees all pay into their own retirements. Yes the city also contributes , but they don't foot all the bill. second you question about hazardous retirement. Not all city jobs receive this retirement. Now the only ones getting it are toe fire department and police department. They are both very hazardous jobs, and if you can't see that you are just plain stupid. Rescue used to receive hazardous before the mayor implemented his (Charlie Shaw's) "GRAND" plan for moving the rescue equipment to the fire department. Now the "NEW" CTCEMS does not receive the hazardous retirement because apparently dealing with persons who are sick, diseased, or injured and bleeding is not dangerous. Also if you don't think we have any dangers around this community you must have your head in the sand. Warner fertilizer, the water treatment plant, and Southern States have more chemicals than you can name. Not to mention all the undiscovered meth labs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Oak Ridge Boys 3 min Flint Hill Bandit 5
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Anonymous 131,567
Why does it have to be Black Friday? 1 hr Al Sharpton 15
is amazon closing? 2 hr 29 Palms 74
Froggetts jamboree 2 hr LMS 18
Dud the Downer 3 hr LMS 5
What happened on Layton drive 20 years ago? 4 hr LMS 4
Campbellsville Dating
Find my Match

Campbellsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Campbellsville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Campbellsville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:43 pm PST

Bleacher Report 1:43PM
Grading Cincinnati's Positional Units in Week 12
Bleacher Report 2:48 PM
Tennessee Titans vs. Philadelphia Eagles: Video Highlights, Recap from Week 12
Bleacher Report 2:50 PM
Browns Overcome Late INTs to Stun ATL
Bleacher Report 3:25 PM
With Running Game Rolling Again, Eagles Back on Right Track
Bleacher Report 3:53 PM
'Good Andy' Beats Texans, Don't Count on Playoff Run