For Wal-mart Associates only!

Posted in the Campbellsville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
so glad to be gone

Lynch, KY

#3 Aug 7, 2008
I used to work with some of your Junior management or supervisors at the lebanon walmart, back then the two girls I am talking about were little shits that didn't do anything, not even paperwork, except talk to thier friends and walk around pulling items off the shelf to "look at" and telling others of us to "pick up"
Patti

AOL

#4 Aug 7, 2008
Alisha Nelson wrote:
To all Walmart Employees , I was wondering your thoughts on the management team and overall moral of our store 0665!
I worked for Wal-Mart for 11 years....I can just imagine all the stress evryone is under with only a 3% second quarter increase!!!
Give it a chance

Vine Grove, KY

#6 Aug 8, 2008
I think that the overall moral is fine at this store. Name one business any place that everyone is always happy! As far as the management team at that store I believe they are good at their jobs. Can they improve, yes, but so can everyone. There have been alot of changes in the store over the last year and I believe them to be good. If you have a problem I believe that you should talk to them not ask other peoples opinion. Wal-Mart is good for this community. Businesses that have been here awhile are now closing their doors. Wal-Mart employees more than 350. If they go then so do the jobs. The economy is getting worst and people need to appreciate the jobs that they have. Not one business is better to work for then another, everyone is going to complain about something that's the way it is. So, if you want to morale to get better then make it better. Don't have a negative attitude and think of the things you should be thankful for.
Give it a chance

Vine Grove, KY

#7 Aug 8, 2008
Sounds like someone need to quit bitching and start working! Quit worring about everyone else! Do your job help your customers and associates and make everyone happy! Everything else will fall into place!
Suggestion from a Shopper

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 Aug 8, 2008
If there are too many chiefs, fire some of them and hire a few cash register attendents or demote some of the cheifs to cash register workers. I can do a weeks worth of shopping in 30 minutes and it takes an hour to check out. Demote the drones, cut their pay, and save the store some money thourgh the wage cuts, not to mention get some of the lost business back from Kroger or Save a Lot you lost becasue people got tired of standing in line to check out. Hell, you have 60 plus registers and only about 3 operating at any one time. Any body there got any brains?
Nobody

Buffalo, TX

#9 Aug 8, 2008
Check yourself out - goes a lot quicker. I used to work at Wal-mart too - some good, some bad...just like everywhere else. People are people.
Chance favors no one

Lexington, KY

#10 Aug 9, 2008
Give it a chance wrote:
I think that the overall moral is fine at this store. Name one business any place that everyone is always happy! As far as the management team at that store I believe they are good at their jobs. Can they improve, yes, but so can everyone. There have been alot of changes in the store over the last year and I believe them to be good. If you have a problem I believe that you should talk to them not ask other peoples opinion. Wal-Mart is good for this community. Businesses that have been here awhile are now closing their doors. Wal-Mart employees more than 350. If they go then so do the jobs. The economy is getting worst and people need to appreciate the jobs that they have. Not one business is better to work for then another, everyone is going to complain about something that's the way it is. So, if you want to morale to get better then make it better. Don't have a negative attitude and think of the things you should be thankful for.
The problem with asking management about ideas is if you disagree with them they take offense to the fact that they may be making a mistake. That inturn is what cause the employees to distrust they managers. Not all managers are like this, just the ones that come down with a "GOD" complex thinking they are better than those working under them. The fact is if it weren't for the "Grunts" doing the work they wouldn't even have a job. I'm a superintendant for a construction company and i've learned to listen to my fellow employees on the job because everyone has a different perspective and see problems differently.
ONLY a FOOL believes everything will fall into place.
It takes teamwork and leadership to create a descent work place. The fact is a true leader should never ask someone to do something that they are not willing to do themselves. Too many times have leaders pass the buck and down grade the people who work for them to further their careers. If managemnt listens to their employees they can learn more about the company they work for and can improve the enviroment of the work place. That is the beginning of a good work place. It takes hard work and understanding from both sides.
Give it a chance

Vine Grove, KY

#11 Aug 9, 2008
You dont work in retail so go mix concrete!

Since: Apr 08

Hodgenville, KY

#12 Aug 9, 2008
I've worked in retail since high school. I worked for Wal-Mart 0711 in Glasgow. The pay sucked, and the work environment sucked, which is why I wised up and went to Lowe's. The biggest problem I had with Wal-Mart was their "Open Door Policy". Getting in to speak with a manager was like trying to break into Ft Knox, and when you did get to speak with them, they acted like you were wasting so much of their time. Wal-Mart is a poorly ran company to be as big and successful as it has been.

Hodgenville, KY

#13 Aug 9, 2008
Suggestion from a Shopper wrote:
If there are too many chiefs, fire some of them and hire a few cash register attendents or demote some of the cheifs to cash register workers. I can do a weeks worth of shopping in 30 minutes and it takes an hour to check out. Demote the drones, cut their pay, and save the store some money thourgh the wage cuts, not to mention get some of the lost business back from Kroger or Save a Lot you lost becasue people got tired of standing in line to check out. Hell, you have 60 plus registers and only about 3 operating at any one time. Any body there got any brains?
If the front registers are full and you dont want to use the self-check out, there are registers in TLE, Sporting Goods, Garden Center, and Electronics!
Chance favors no one

Lexington, KY

#14 Aug 9, 2008
Give it a chance wrote:
You dont work in retail so go mix concrete!
Buddy you don't have a clue. I've work in retail before and to me it sounds like you don't have a d**n clue about anything. Let me guess. You work at wal-mart and mabe your some type of managment or willing to kiss anyones ass to get there. Ask your self this. The people you work with, what do they think about you. Do they enjoy working with you or do they hate it?
..the best you can come up with is "go mix concete" well go find the nearest manager and crawl up his ass and tell him it smells o so sweet.
Agreed

Lexington, KY

#15 Aug 9, 2008
Moonshiner wrote:
I've worked in retail since high school. I worked for Wal-Mart 0711 in Glasgow. The pay sucked, and the work environment sucked, which is why I wised up and went to Lowe's. The biggest problem I had with Wal-Mart was their "Open Door Policy". Getting in to speak with a manager was like trying to break into Ft Knox, and when you did get to speak with them, they acted like you were wasting so much of their time. Wal-Mart is a poorly ran company to be as big and successful as it has been.
I Agree with you moonshiner. That his how wal-mart make so much money by having low paid no chance in hell of ever making a difference employees. They keep the workers so low on the scale they can't make a difference.
Chance favors no one

Lexington, KY

#16 Aug 9, 2008
Here's a funny parody of wally world by JIBJAB
water boy

Elizabethtown, KY

#18 Aug 10, 2008
worked 3rd shift until a few weeks ago when i transferred to 0711. 0665 doesn't enforce half the rules. assoc. and support mangers have more authority then Rob would ever dream that they should. Good people, poorly ran, 1st shift seems to be lazy and unaware how hard 3rd shift works everywhere.

Hodgenville, KY

#19 Aug 11, 2008
water boy wrote:
worked 3rd shift until a few weeks ago when i transferred to 0711. 0665 doesn't enforce half the rules. assoc. and support mangers have more authority then Rob would ever dream that they should. Good people, poorly ran, 1st shift seems to be lazy and unaware how hard 3rd shift works everywhere.
0711 isn't any better.I worked there awhile.Brad Korte has absolutely no balls, and his assistants are dickheads. My advice......go to Lowe's. A lot better pay and a lot better treatment.

Since: Feb 08

Campbellsville

#20 Aug 12, 2008
Give it a chance wrote:
How can walmart (China Mart) be so good for America? According to wakeupwalmart.com 80% of products imported from China goes to walmart (China Mart) or Sams club, both are owned by china mart family the Waltons.
Homer Sucks

Elizabethtown, KY

#21 Aug 12, 2008
I know Homer who unloads the truck is a butt hole. I can't stand his old ass. He thinks he's big shit... well he's not. He is the most moody person I've ever worked with.
Homer Sucks

Elizabethtown, KY

#22 Aug 12, 2008
I don't really care much for the Homer guy. He is the most moody person I've ever been around. He thinks he's big stuff... but he's really not. His nephew Kevin needs to be put on medication too.
yep

AOL

#23 Aug 12, 2008
dont work there but i love shopping there!
rude employees

Buffalo, TX

#24 Aug 12, 2008
their deli really sucks! never can get waited on and most of the employees are rude!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Pat Henry 149,912
Poll HOARDING: Is it really a mental disorder, or ju... (May '10) 13 hr BillyBob 69
Bypass paving Thu Paver 2
ben nance Wed Wife 7
Can anyone fix these Power Wheels kids cars? (Apr '08) Jul 26 The Helper 52
Enough all ready! (Jan '12) Jul 25 Jim Bob 30
Appt with dr wilkerson. what can i expect? (Sep '15) Jul 25 The TRUTH 9

Campbellsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Campbellsville Mortgages