taylor co detention center
haha

Elizabethtown, KY

#21 Jan 6, 2011
uh huh wrote:
<quoted text>the difference is that these people were caught stealing, drinking and driving and other things to land them in jail. My paycheck comes from ME working to take care of my family, their canteen money comes from someone once again covering their asses.
Less than honest, non law abiding citizens need to do two things, shut up and straighten up if they don't like it.
have u every broke the speed limit, not be wearing your seat belt, talked on your cell phone while driving, of course u have then your not a law abiding citizen. cut the jailer pay to start with.

monkey squad build the jail let them pay for it.
truth

Mammoth Cave, KY

#22 Jan 6, 2011
my2cents wrote:
Tax payers are already paying their room & board, inmates shouldn't expect anything else. If they don't like it, behave & stay out. I've always told my kids if they get put in jail don't waste their time calling home, won't do a bit of good. So far they've never been there. A little more tough love might lower the inmate population.
Sorry, your 2 cents worth is only a penny's worth in our jail.

It's not whether or not you like people in jail. It is about what is right and wrong.

How can those of us who proclaim we are in the right, steal from those in prison?
busted again

Elizabethtown, KY

#23 Jan 6, 2011
uh huh wrote:
to my own family:
if you land in jail, don't expect a penny of canteen money. I will not provide you with a single thing to make your stay more comfortable. You want to act like trash, then you will be treated like trash, don't come crying to me.
you are obviously one who is broke and couldnt give any canteen if you wanted to, if not then you would give it to close family just like anyone else would. thats ok, we understand that halls hill trash like yourself cant afford anything other thatn alcohol and cigarettes
uh huh

Elizabethtown, KY

#24 Jan 6, 2011
going 5 miles over the speed limit will not land me in jail, and no I do not own a cell phone, so no I don't talk on it while driving. anymore stupid questions?
myopinion

Vine Grove, KY

#25 Jan 6, 2011
I have a family member in Lexington jail and they don't take none of his money off his account,looks like if one jail did it they all would right?
confused wrote:
I would like to know if anyone can tell me why when you put money on the cantene at the detention center ONLY half of it actually goes towards the inmate.Also I was told that if an inmate is on a narcotic prescribed by a doctor for a medical purpose they will not allow the inmate to receive there medication as prescribed by there doctor.Am I wrong or is that not totally crazy.
uh huh

Elizabethtown, KY

#26 Jan 6, 2011
truth, the point of jail is to punish. Are you saying that punishing a prisioner is wrong?
McGruff

United States

#27 Jan 6, 2011
truth wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, your 2 cents worth is only a penny's worth in our jail.

It's not whether or not you like people in jail. It is about what is right and wrong.

How can those of us who proclaim we are in the right, steal from those in prison?
Not stealing. It is going to pay some of the cost for housing and feeding them.
uh huh

Elizabethtown, KY

#28 Jan 6, 2011
busted again wrote:
<quoted text>you are obviously one who is broke and couldnt give any canteen if you wanted to, if not then you would give it to close family just like anyone else would. thats ok, we understand that halls hill trash like yourself cant afford anything other thatn alcohol and cigarettes
uhhh, nope.
yea

Elizabethtown, KY

#29 Jan 6, 2011
wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
they do it in barren county also.
oh well
now brown cow

Elizabethtown, KY

#30 Jan 6, 2011
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
Not stealing. It is going to pay some of the cost for housing and feeding them.
the cost of house someone in the county jail is very little. the cost of housing state prisoner is totally different from local prisoner. the cost comes in with the state prisoner.
truth

Mammoth Cave, KY

#31 Jan 6, 2011
uh huh wrote:
truth, the point of jail is to punish. Are you saying that punishing a prisioner is wrong?
Being is jail and isolated from his family and society is the punishment.
You want to steal from his family and not allow him his prescribed medications.
These folks are not sentenced to punishment. Those who are sentenced are sentence to "reform." You don't reform somebody by stealing from him. Does that make sense?
Some are sentenced to the penitentiary. That means they are sent to a place to be penitent....thoughtful of their crime to repent. Not to have the government steal from him.
Think on it.
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

#32 Jan 6, 2011
truth wrote:
<quoted text>Being is jail and isolated from his family and society is the punishment.
You want to steal from his family and not allow him his prescribed medications.
These folks are not sentenced to punishment. Those who are sentenced are sentence to "reform." You don't reform somebody by stealing from him. Does that make sense?
Some are sentenced to the penitentiary. That means they are sent to a place to be penitent....thoughtful of their crime to repent. Not to have the government steal from him.
Think on it.
Narcotics are not allowed in jail. No one is stealing. They dint have to put any money in the account.
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

#33 Jan 6, 2011
now brown cow wrote:
<quoted text>the cost of house someone in the county jail is very little. the cost of housing state prisoner is totally different from local prisoner. the cost comes in with the state prisoner.
How much do they cost?
I know

Trinity, TX

#34 Jan 6, 2011
well stated!
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
Narcotics are not allowed in jail. No one is stealing. They dint have to put any money in the account.
compassion

Lexington, KY

#35 Jan 6, 2011
uh huh wrote:
<quoted text>well, I would think that you could go take care of this before you got so far behind. The court will reduce your payment according to what you make, but you would have to make that effort before it got too late. The key words here being make an effort, of course. Most people that end up in jail are too lazy to make an effort to do anything other than feel sorry for themselves.
Some of you people who think it's so easy to get a job in this town should actually try to go find one. Correct me if I'm wrong but don't you only have to be like 6 months behind before they will put you in jail? I know people who have been drawing unemployment checks for like 2 years. What if guy doesn't qualify for unemployment? Does that make a criminal because he's less fortunate? I'm not talking about myself here. I just happen to know of good people who have ended up in bad situations just because of our court system.
truth

Mammoth Cave, KY

#36 Jan 6, 2011
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
Medication prescribed by a physician is allowed regardless of whether it is narcotic or not. Medications are not kept by the inmate. Medications are kept in and dispensed from locked areas by medical personnel.
peanut

Elizabethtown, KY

#37 Jan 6, 2011
McGruff wrote:
<quoted text>
well let take your meds away mcdog. in this town it who u know how much green u have.
sooback to your dog house
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

#38 Jan 6, 2011
truth wrote:
<quoted text>Medication prescribed by a physician is allowed regardless of whether it is narcotic or not. Medications are not kept by the inmate. Medications are kept in and dispensed from locked areas by medical personnel.
Well obviously they don't. If they did it wouldn't be part of our discussion.
McGruff

Campbellsville, KY

#39 Jan 6, 2011
peanut wrote:
<quoted text>well let take your meds away mcdog. in this town it who u know how much green u have.
sooback to your dog house
I am not sure what you are saying. In fact I didn't understand anything you just wrote. Try again.
You lost Rick

Prattsville, AR

#40 Jan 6, 2011
busted again wrote:
will inmates be able to purchase weed off the canteen now that hack is jailer??
Sorry bout your luck, Rick, Hack isn't going to let you peddle pot in the jail to make up for your being out of a job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr usa 158,183
Shootings 2 hr modean 6
F & C auto sales 3 hr Carman 2
online yard sale (Feb '12) 4 hr Genean 12
Face of Dawna Hash should be ban in Kentucky! 4 hr Lil Avah 1
all PITBULLS SHOULD BE BAN IN KY (May '12) 9 hr Tootrue 312
Discussion of Dawna and massive alcohol consump... 9 hr UpYours 2

Campbellsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance