taylor co detention center
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
confused

Danville, KY

#1 Jan 5, 2011
I would like to know if anyone can tell me why when you put money on the cantene at the detention center ONLY half of it actually goes towards the inmate.Also I was told that if an inmate is on a narcotic prescribed by a doctor for a medical purpose they will not allow the inmate to receive there medication as prescribed by there doctor.Am I wrong or is that not totally crazy.
info

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Jan 5, 2011
they are crooks and thieves the jail that is.
long sac

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 Jan 5, 2011
they have a new jailer....go talk to hack and complain. he is a people person and will probably cut that shit out before long! staeling a persons money like that is sick
long sac

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Jan 5, 2011
oh and by the way....they only do that to taylor county inmates. if you are from another county they dont take none.
she wolf

Lebanon, KY

#5 Jan 5, 2011
make sure you get a copy of your money order sometimes thay get lost.
sooz

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Jan 5, 2011
What do inmates use cantene money for? Extras? Without cantene money they still get 3 meals a day, a hot shower and a bed. That's all they need. If they want bubble gum they can stay out of jail or wait until they get out.
wrong

Mammoth Cave, KY

#7 Jan 5, 2011
long sac wrote:
oh and by the way....they only do that to taylor county inmates. if you are from another county they dont take none.
they do it in barren county also.
FYI

Doniphan, MO

#8 Jan 5, 2011
wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
they do it in barren county also.
This is common practice at all detention centers across Ky. Federal,State, and County inmates are reimbursed at different rates. County imates being the lesser. This is how the detention center makes up the difference.
I agree

Lexington, KY

#9 Jan 6, 2011
confused wrote:
I would like to know if anyone can tell me why when you put money on the cantene at the detention center ONLY half of it actually goes towards the inmate.Also I was told that if an inmate is on a narcotic prescribed by a doctor for a medical purpose they will not allow the inmate to receive there medication as prescribed by there doctor.Am I wrong or is that not totally crazy.
You are right no medication
haha

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 Jan 6, 2011
sooz wrote:
What do inmates use cantene money for? Extras? Without cantene money they still get 3 meals a day, a hot shower and a bed. That's all they need. If they want bubble gum they can stay out of jail or wait until they get out.
check the rules, this is right stealing, or maybe they should come and take half your paycheck every week, what is the difference .
easy

Campbellsville, KY

#11 Jan 6, 2011
haha wrote:
<quoted text> check the rules, this is right stealing, or maybe they should come and take half your paycheck every week, what is the difference .
STAY THE HELL OUT OF JAIL.......... ITS AN EASY FIX!!!!!
truth

Mammoth Cave, KY

#12 Jan 6, 2011
It is theft.
Medication is to be adminitered as prescribed by the physician and documented in the MAR.

Everyone concerned needs to talk to Hack.
busted again

Elizabethtown, KY

#13 Jan 6, 2011
will inmates be able to purchase weed off the canteen now that hack is jailer??
lawsiut

Elizabethtown, KY

#14 Jan 6, 2011
truth wrote:
It is theft.
Medication is to be adminitered as prescribed by the physician and documented in the MAR.
Everyone concerned needs to talk to Hack.
this is true, talk to a lawyer. If went and took half your money away do know where i would be jail that where.

theft is theft. they should the same rules the rest of us do.

can u say lawsuit
uh huh

Elizabethtown, KY

#15 Jan 6, 2011
haha wrote:
<quoted text> check the rules, this is right stealing, or maybe they should come and take half your paycheck every week, what is the difference .
the difference is that these people were caught stealing, drinking and driving and other things to land them in jail. My paycheck comes from ME working to take care of my family, their canteen money comes from someone once again covering their asses.

Less than honest, non law abiding citizens need to do two things, shut up and straighten up if they don't like it.
uh huh

Elizabethtown, KY

#16 Jan 6, 2011
to my own family:

if you land in jail, don't expect a penny of canteen money. I will not provide you with a single thing to make your stay more comfortable. You want to act like trash, then you will be treated like trash, don't come crying to me.
McGruff

United States

#17 Jan 6, 2011
lawsiut wrote:
<quoted text>this is true, talk to a lawyer. If went and took half your money away do know where i would be jail that where.

theft is theft. they should the same rules the rest of us do.

can u say lawsuit
They should get a bill to pay for their stay. They should have to pay rent, meals, clothes, utilities, and anything else they use while there. If you don't like our jail rules then take your crimes to a community where they have jail rules you can live with.
compassion

Lexington, KY

#18 Jan 6, 2011
What about the guy who lands in jail because he got laid off at work and fell behind on his child support? I wouldn't be so quick to judge someone just because they are in jail.
uh huh

Elizabethtown, KY

#19 Jan 6, 2011
compassion wrote:
What about the guy who lands in jail because he got laid off at work and fell behind on his child support? I wouldn't be so quick to judge someone just because they are in jail.
well, I would think that you could go take care of this before you got so far behind. The court will reduce your payment according to what you make, but you would have to make that effort before it got too late. The key words here being make an effort, of course. Most people that end up in jail are too lazy to make an effort to do anything other than feel sorry for themselves.
my2cents

Park City, KY

#20 Jan 6, 2011
Tax payers are already paying their room & board, inmates shouldn't expect anything else. If they don't like it, behave & stay out. I've always told my kids if they get put in jail don't waste their time calling home, won't do a bit of good. So far they've never been there. A little more tough love might lower the inmate population.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walmart friday 21 min Rock 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 hr think 165,622
music 11 hr og tootwoot 1
WERE my bros at 12 hr og tootwoot 4
who has the smallest pecker (Nov '10) 12 hr og tootwoot 107
Iron Horseman (Jul '10) 12 hr og tootwoot 36
Anyone know Cynthia summers Sun Wilberts plastics 3

Campbellsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance