Tags stolen off of car

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 May 28, 2012
I was wondering if anyone had this problem. I thought maybe they had fallen off or something. However, I have never had the tags on my car to fall off for as long as I have been driving. I thought maybe people had heard of this happening. While I'm not positive they were stolen, I have a feeling due to the area of town I live in and the stupid people I live around that it is very possible. I got pulled over tonight and they were able to confirm I was up to date but it was still annoying to have to be told my tags were expired when they aren't. if anyone knows someone doing this they should report it. Who would have thought someone would get that low.

Elizabethtown, KY

#3 May 28, 2012
that happened to us a few years ago. Someone stole ours off our car. Thankfully they were able to do the same and see we were up to date. Still you have to PAY to have new tags... its a pain in the butt! I hope they catch the ones doing it!!!
The judge

Nashville, TN

#4 May 28, 2012
Yeah it happens but if you do a couple things before you put them on your plate then you will make it impossible for them to use. Wash the entire plate with hot soapy water and dry. Then clean it with windex and dry. finally take an alcohol prep pad and wipe the small area where you are goig to put sticker. dry the first time and do it again and let it air dry. Put sticker in exact spot. If you do this then when they try to take your sticker it will damage it and make a security feature stand out that says VOID AND it will come off in tiny pieces because after cleaning in the above fashion it will really be adhered to the plate. Good luck to you!(NOTE: also works great if you want to put pinstripes or other vinyl stickers on your car.)
Jack N

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 May 28, 2012
A typical judge. Has all the answers. A one size fits all mentallity When it is clearly obvious he doesn't
fully understand the problem.

Cecilia, KY

#7 May 28, 2012
whats the big deal about stolen tags? i usually take the price tag off after i buy the car. what is really bad if someone steals your license plate!

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 May 28, 2012
Jack N. It sounds like he fully understood. It makes it harder to get them off if you take those steps and if they do get them off, I would rather them be ruined for that person even if it means I have to pay to get new ones because my family is not paying the taxes on our car for someone else to use the tags.
Jack N

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 May 28, 2012
well excuuuse me.
The Judge

Nashville, TN

#10 Jun 4, 2012
I did clearly understand the problem and gave a clear solution. This would prevent anyone from using the actual sticker and after all the reason for stealing the sticker would be to use it, correct? If you make it unuseable then they would have no reason to take it. Maybe you didnt understand the solution. One size (as you put it) rarely fits all so you prejudged me to be a know it all when I was only trying to help. Good luck to you Jack N, lol.
normal dude

Minneapolis, MN

#11 Nov 5, 2012
im pretty sure if someone else try's to use your tags they have something coming. When a cop runs yours plates and sees your registration is out of date, yet you have current tags. You'd get in a lot of trouble.....also upon closer inspection of the tags the serial number will reveal the original and rightful owner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New mural downtown (Jul '14) 1 hr Correction 72
Enough all ready! (Jan '12) 2 hr Campbellsville Po... 16
Charged for DUI for legal limits of prescribed ... 2 hr DUI Queen 6
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr spaceship 145,618
Jeremy Wilcoxson 4 hr True Love 10
DawnaHasch LMS Flint hill 4 hr JuneSooter 13
question for libtards 4 hr DonnaSchwab 7
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Campbellsville Mortgages