Post your Lowes stories, Good or Bad!!!!
unknown

Campbellsville, KY

#118 Apr 21, 2008
I wanna us a really good example but it's best that it's left alone. when you think that they are your true friend better take areal good look around.cause they talk good to your face once they leave they stab you in the back.with one of the longest knife they can find.because they are embarrassed about who they call their friends are married too.so you people EXCEPCT THIS AS A GOOD
FRIEND
unknown

Elizabethtown, KY

#119 Apr 23, 2008
why is it so hard to talk about the facts that take place in the store.when someone say somthing about having affairs noone has anything to say.about the truth that takes place are you afraid that people will find out.
RJP

Vancouver, WA

#120 May 21, 2008
Moonshiner wrote:
Let me say this in Lowe's defense since I am an employee.Customers shouldn't expect us at Lowe's to know everything. We are not master plumbers, licensed electricians, carpenters, or small engines mechanics. We know what Lowe's teaches us, and most of the real knowledge we get is from working with the products, and learning from the customers! Imagine that! I learn something new from customers all the time. So let me say this, we are there to help you, not hold your hand, wipe your ass, make up your mind for you, or take shit from you either, just because you feel that we should kiss your ass. Yes you make our paychecks, and yes I love to help good customers, that is what I get paid for, I really do love it. At the same time, there are some things we can't do, we have rules and policies just like everyone else. And for the people who think Lowe's is a "swap and shop" The price on the tag is the price of the product, so please quit asking "what is the low dollar you will take for it", because I will tell you that's the price of it, for regular stock items anyway. If you find the same product at another retailer, bring it into us on paper, THEN we will wheel and deal with you. Thats all I have to say.
I here ya!!! I currantly work there... lots of eligle stuff going on there and with my back ground experience... I know it's not legal and they have been reported and are being looked at :) possibly someday they will be treating employees with integraty and respect as they demand from employees... it works both ways... I am still trying to figure out why the heck we spent the time in orientation that we did and then to go out on the floor and see that it is totaly contradicting... I need the money too so that is why I am there but it is the worst place I have ever worked for...
RJP

Vancouver, WA

#121 May 21, 2008
I work at a distrabution center, not a store, so I have no knowledge as to how employees are treated in a store setting but I do know that with the Lowes distrabution, the respect to employees is out the window, it is very hard to be working when you are sick and fatigue for 12 hours and not allowed to sit down for a min, taking sick time and leaving is like pulling a tooth from an elaphent, difficult! you dont own your breaks there... I never really feel like I even had a break, it is not legal to get an accurance or any type of disiplinary action when you or a family member is ill and you have to leave but they they do it all the time, resulting in many good people getting fired, its too bad cause some of these people, I saw them as a good asset to the company... yes, when I first started working there I was very excited to work for such a great company until I saw for myself that it was not so great and has been some what abusive to employees... so now, my love for the job is not there... it goes with, you treat others how you want to be treated... if a company is going to treat employees with disrespect and as a slave, then employees are going to disrespect and retaliate... and in the end, the is creating a really bad reputation not only in the distrabution but in the stores as well because people associate the 2... that is my experience!
just ducky

Elizabethtown, KY

#122 Jun 2, 2008
we always get good service there. when i'm walking around at least a couple guys will ask me if i need help. oh, maybe i just look helpless!
unknown2

Campbellsville, KY

#123 Jun 3, 2008
whose having affairs at lowe's?
Cville golfer

Elizabethtown, KY

#124 Jun 4, 2008
shop at etown lowes it has alot more experienced employees and works better with contractors
brie

Elizabethtown, KY

#125 Jun 5, 2008
templardude2001 wrote:
O.K. I'm going to chime in here for a sec. Hope you all don't mind me climbing onto my soapbox.
I am a team member at Lowe's RDC #1436 in Lebanon, Oregon. I have also worked Store-side at Lowe's #1600 in Salem, Oregon. From store side I have noticed Two things. 1: We have great employees who go out of their way to do whatever they can to help any, and all customers. This makes myself and other Lowe's employees brim with PRIDE. And keep our fortune 50 status! 2: We have some employees that are only in it for a paycheck and will not respond to, or recognize any customer for any reason. Is this right? No, but it is a fact of todays apathetic society. Now as for Lowe's RDC #1436. After working their for a short time, I got the hang of my assigned tasks, and asked for more training. Not to my surprise, I got it As soon as they had the time, and resources to move me to other areas. Here is where I draw the line: If you are a hard worker, and willing to do what it takes both FOR THE COMPANY, AND FOR YOURSELF! you will advance in both job task, and wage. If you are a slacker, or only there for a paycheck, you get back what you put in to it! Sorry, but thats my Twa Groats.
TWO CENTS.
Amen to that. Unfortunately in today's society, whether it be Lowe's or wherever, the slackers are more and more. Bottom line if they were putting forth an effort to actually work they might one day reap the rewards. And, if you are there for the money and have never been in management of any kind, I think its unfair to judge unless you have walked a mile in their shoes. Speaking of walking, that's where I go for exercise, at my local Lowe's because it seems any time I need something that I need to ask an employee for, I walk miles before I can find a worker who isn't dodging customers or standing around in threes usually talking. In all fairness to everyone there are some wonderful people working there. Kind, courteous and very helpful. And they know who they are.Hats off to them. I feel for them though, because its the slackers who are going to make your jobs harder.(No, I am not an employee)
the good one

Eugene, OR

#126 Jul 11, 2008
i hate working for lowes you better get a good e2 or you out what about qa you have to lazy for that job.

Since: Apr 08

Glasgow, KY

#127 Jul 11, 2008
the good one wrote:
i hate working for lowes you better get a good e2 or you out what about qa you have to lazy for that job.
I'm not sure I understood any of that. English please!
lazy

Clarkson, KY

#128 Jul 12, 2008
went there yesterday...alot of workers just standing around talking, while I waited to pick up my order. i hate laziness!
LandisMan

Glasgow, KY

#129 Jul 12, 2008
lazy wrote:
went there yesterday...alot of workers just standing around talking, while I waited to pick up my order. i hate laziness!
So you waited while those lazy people were getting your order? Hmmm....ironic, dont ya think?
local

Gradyville, KY

#130 Jul 12, 2008
LandisMan wrote:
<quoted text>
So you waited while those lazy people were getting your order? Hmmm....ironic, dont ya think?
They didn't say they worked there. They shouldn't have to work! SLACKER.
SLACKER

Glasgow, KY

#131 Jul 12, 2008
local wrote:
<quoted text> They didn't say they worked there. They shouldn't have to work! SLACKER.
You're right, they shouldn't have to work. They should just come in, judge people and complain about the smallest thing. Sounds like typical customers out shopping
local

Gradyville, KY

#132 Jul 13, 2008
SLACKER wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, they shouldn't have to work. They should just come in, judge people and complain about the smallest thing. Sounds like typical customers out shopping
I see the same thing every time I go to Lowes as they spoke of. Kids standing around talking, doing all they can to ignore customers & by chance you do ask for assistance their no help what so ever. Usually say "we don't have that" then they don't have to look! Very poor work ethic now day & kids that are not going to be told what to do even at work.

“championing the underdog ”

Since: Dec 07

Boston, MA

#133 Jul 14, 2008
local wrote:
<quoted text> I see the same thing every time I go to Lowes as they spoke of. Kids standing around talking, doing all they can to ignore customers & by chance you do ask for assistance their no help what so ever. Usually say "we don't have that" then they don't have to look! Very poor work ethic now day & kids that are not going to be told what to do even at work.
Kids? When did Lowes start hiring children?
imo

Gradyville, KY

#134 Jul 14, 2008
Alan Shore wrote:
<quoted text>
Kids? When did Lowes start hiring children?
A lot of similarity in postings.

Since: Apr 08

Glasgow, KY

#135 Jul 14, 2008
local wrote:
<quoted text> I see the same thing every time I go to Lowes as they spoke of. Kids standing around talking, doing all they can to ignore customers & by chance you do ask for assistance their no help what so ever. Usually say "we don't have that" then they don't have to look! Very poor work ethic now day & kids that are not going to be told what to do even at work.
I proudly work for Lowe's,I have never refused service to a customer and I have a few things to say. You are a very typical whiney customer that is so helpless and has to have someone hold their little hand and wipe their ass for them. As far as someone saying "We dont have that" if they are any kind of employee at all, they are going to know what they have and dont have in their department,it saves them from wasting your time hunting for something we dont have and contrary to popular belief, we dont always know where something is, that is why we are trained to tell you we will get you someone in that department so they can be of more assistance, if someone doesnt work in a department, they arent going to know anything and not be any help! Some things we just dont have, nothing we can do about it, shop somewhere else if we dont have it. Before you start passing judgment, think what it would be like for you to walk in our shoes for one day.
imo

Gradyville, KY

#136 Jul 14, 2008
Moonshiner wrote:
<quoted text>
I proudly work for Lowe's,I have never refused service to a customer and I have a few things to say. You are a very typical whiney customer that is so helpless and has to have someone hold their little hand and wipe their ass for them. As far as someone saying "We dont have that" if they are any kind of employee at all, they are going to know what they have and dont have in their department,it saves them from wasting your time hunting for something we dont have and contrary to popular belief, we dont always know where something is, that is why we are trained to tell you we will get you someone in that department so they can be of more assistance, if someone doesnt work in a department, they arent going to know anything and not be any help! Some things we just dont have, nothing we can do about it, shop somewhere else if we dont have it. Before you start passing judgment, think what it would be like for you to walk in our shoes for one day.
Don't you see similar complaints in other postings? I've helped elderly people there myself, several times. They couldn't get help, some of the workers would say they'd be right back & not. One night I told 3 different workers a man in lumber needed help & all 3 said they'd be right there. I went back & waited with the man to be sure he did get help. I had to go up front AGAIN about getting help. That's just sorry! I don't work there but by george if I see an elderly person needing help, I'll help!

“championing the underdog ”

Since: Dec 07

Boston, MA

#137 Jul 15, 2008
imo wrote:
<quoted text> A lot of similarity in postings.
What?!?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 min Athenesword 142,484
Sugar Daddy Needed! 2 hr sunshine 3
Brunelle 2 hr sunshine 3
Eddie Swafford (Feb '10) 8 hr She ugly dog 28
Angel Cox 9 hr dan 2
bi female seeking the same (Dec '14) 10 hr userme 37
New restaurant!!! (Feb '13) 10 hr Lester 47
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Campbellsville Mortgages