Post your Lowes stories, Good or Bad!!!!
no slack

Lexington, KY

#76 Jan 27, 2008
Alan Shore wrote:
Ok first off I am not a pretend, If I was then I wouldn't be Alan Shore now would I. And If I am in fact Alan Shore then I Couldn't be a manager for Lowe's Now could I. But the fact is you’re trying to compare your management in a small store to the success of a fortune top 50 company.
If your trying to intimidate, not working.
Me and You

Bardstown, KY

#77 Jan 27, 2008
thats cool..
MR RODGERS

Vancouver, WA

#78 Jan 27, 2008
STFU wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah, somebody needs to hit you on the head. Lowes is awesome. Their employees are very friendly and helpful. If you weren't such an ass, they might be nicer to you.
Im sorry that I called you LDS that was wrong of me.

“"Yeah, I'm right!!!"”

Since: Jan 08

St. TampaVille, FlKy

#79 Jan 28, 2008
I don't think "Alan Shore" was trying to intimidate you, "no slack". I think you feel intimidated because he seems so much smarter than you, thats why your business is not a Fortune 50 company. Maybe you should take some business lessons from those "kids" at Lowes who make a lot more money than you may think.

“championing the underdog ”

Since: Dec 07

Boston, MA

#81 Jan 28, 2008
* your reason and argument

“championing the underdog ”

Since: Dec 07

Boston, MA

#80 Jan 28, 2008
Big Daddy is right, I was not trying to intimidate you I was just trying to clarify you reason and argument. But instead you took it as a threat and try to make a unknown accusation to support whatever argument you may have.
DUDE

Franklin, TN

#82 Jan 28, 2008
Your grammar sucks.

“"Yeah, I'm right!!!"”

St. TampaVille, FlKy

#83 Jan 29, 2008
DUDE, at least he makes a point, not just throwing out an elementary statement to get your name on the post. That would be like promoting a local business and comparing to those "kids" at Lowes.
annoyed

Kodak, TN

#84 Jan 29, 2008
max wrote:
If you can't find it yourself, forget it. Some kid might walk up & ask if you need help, if they don't see it right in front of you they say they don't have it. This has happened several times. Last Winter we were getting pipe, in the size we needed they were short one piece. We ask 3 different kids, all said there wasn't anymore...that's because they didn't see any right in front of them. Went up front & got Parker out of his dept. he went
outside in the snow & brough in pipe. Not only the piece we needed but extra to put on the shelf. The lumber is so bad, kull. The kids tell you they don't have anymore, that's because they won't put out another bundle until the kull is gone.grrr
who is parker? whats his name you know cause i shop at lowes often thanks.
Me and You

Bardstown, KY

#85 Feb 1, 2008
well..

“"Yeah, I'm right!!!"”

St. TampaVille, FlKy

#86 Feb 4, 2008
Wow, no posts since Feb 1. Damn, that means we must be doing a good job up there at Lowes. Id hate to see some positivity come out of some of you who have posted here. Oh, well, Im sure we'll screw up here soon, or "no slack" is just vesting too much time in micromanaging his business, he hasnt had time to comment.

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#87 Feb 4, 2008
I have had good experiences with Lowe's. The employees are very helpful! Every time I go into the store, an employee is more than willing to take their time to help me with whatever my issue may be. I do think that their prices are a little high, but the employees are excellent and well trained so you get what you pay for!
Me and You

Bardstown, KY

#88 Feb 13, 2008
well
paul from 1817 ny

Rochester, NY

#89 Feb 20, 2008
I've worked at lowes now for almost a year in lumber. In the mean time i've learned that the rules do not apply to everyone. I get in trouble all the time for doing stupid things and they act like its a big deal... I mean stuff gets stolen all the time and there like... eh? But I come in threw the lumber doors and i get called in and talked to or i'll have my cell phone out just txting and they have to call me in to yell at me for it. I also was accused of threatening someones life. I ended up talking about this to my attorny and i almost went through with sueing the company of "deflamation of character" I decided to drop it because I am not sue happy like the rest of the world. But over all I'm sick of managment making accusations when there are employees that steal things all the time...I know for a fact! So why would I get in trouble of some stupid factors when theives are getting away with this. Also the cameras at lowes are horrible and they cant prove you stole anything unless u openly say "I stole this" lol

Since: Feb 08

Campbellsville, KY

#90 Feb 21, 2008
I like going to lowe's. It sure beats going to Walmart and not finding much and not having a good selection to choose from. I have never went to Lowe's and not been waiting on. However, I have went to many other stores here in Campbellsville, and No one wants to wait on me.
I can't set be in Lowe's for a full minute without someone asking me if I need help. I think that is nice.

“"Yeah, I'm right!!!"”

St. TampaVille, FlKy

#91 Feb 21, 2008
paul from 1817 ny wrote:
I've worked at lowes now for almost a year in lumber. In the mean time i've learned that the rules do not apply to everyone. I get in trouble all the time for doing stupid things and they act like its a big deal... I mean stuff gets stolen all the time and there like... eh? But I come in threw the lumber doors and i get called in and talked to or i'll have my cell phone out just txting and they have to call me in to yell at me for it. I also was accused of threatening someones life. I ended up talking about this to my attorny and i almost went through with sueing the company of "deflamation of character" I decided to drop it because I am not sue happy like the rest of the world. But over all I'm sick of managment making accusations when there are employees that steal things all the time...I know for a fact! So why would I get in trouble of some stupid factors when theives are getting away with this. Also the cameras at lowes are horrible and they cant prove you stole anything unless u openly say "I stole this" lol
You should try coming to one of the top stores in the company and see how a Lowes is supposed to be ran. It will definitely change your opinion of your job.
MR Rodgers

Vancouver, WA

#92 Feb 22, 2008
BigDaddyOpinion wrote:
<quoted text>
You should try coming to one of the top stores in the company and see how a Lowes is supposed to be ran. It will definitely change your opinion of your job.
your wright paul lowes 1436

anywhere but here

#93 Feb 23, 2008
BigDaddyOpinion wrote:
Wow, no posts since Feb 1. Damn, that means we must be doing a good job up there at Lowes. Id hate to see some positivity come out of some of you who have posted here. Oh, well, Im sure we'll screw up here soon, or "no slack" is just vesting too much time in micromanaging his business, he hasnt had time to comment.
I had a friend that hired Lowe's to lay a tile floor, what a mess. Of course it was a sub contractor but they made a mess of the job, ended up having to tear it out and redo the floor. But they tore it out and redid it.
I am glad we have a Lowe's and I sure like Jimmy Johnson instead of Tony Stewart.
slow rider

Greenbrier, AR

#94 Feb 26, 2008
from the sidelines wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a friend that hired Lowe's to lay a tile floor, what a mess. Of course it was a sub contractor but they made a mess of the job, ended up having to tear it out and redo the floor. But they tore it out and redid it.
I am glad we have a Lowe's and I sure like Jimmy Johnson instead of Tony Stewart.
Hey there side lines. Yes lowes sucks I will not have them do anything for me. My floor is still not right and I have had other problems with them to. I will not deal with them any more.

Scottsville, KY

#96 Mar 4, 2008
I go over their every once in a while and the same guy helps me everytime..his name is Josh or Huck..he is a very nice guy and very strong too i seen him carry a stove and other very heavy stuff to peoples cars by his self...He is a cool cat. and courtious to everyone he deals with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 24 min Forumwatcher 172,946
Sara Parke 40 min Lmfao 5
Why do Ushers in Black Churches (Sep '10) 8 hr LRN 151
Mayor 11 hr Bull 7
Demon house 20 hr 2thapoint 1
What does the song crimson and clover by tommy ... (Jul '10) Tue Joemamma 76
TV Station (Nov '08) Tue Say what 17

Campbellsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Campbellsville Mortgages