Taylor county teachers losing jobs/ot...
Yeah

Greenbrier, AR

#22 May 20, 2008
Yeah, since TC knew they would have to cut jobs, they could have waited to hire the 21st Century coordinator after the pink slips were given out and then open interviews to all teachers interested in the job. Makes sense to me!
Blame others

Greenbrier, AR

#23 May 20, 2008
Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, get your facts straight before you start bad mouthing someone you don't even know. She did interview for the position. Two people were interviewed and she was offered the position over the other interviewee. Second, none of the teachers cut even applied for that position so she didn't take a job from anyone. Even if they weren't sure they'd be cut, they could have applied just in case. Third, all districts are cutting teachers because the lovely senators and representatives we've elected cannot do their jobs and keep a balanced budget. I think it's convenient how they can give themselves a raise and still cut educaton to the quick. So, until you're a bit more informed, keep your rude comments to yourself.
It's easy to blame others....i.e. politicians in Frankfort...but it is the SMALL TOWN POLITICS to blame here!!!
honest

Clermont, KY

#24 May 20, 2008
Yeah wrote:
Yeah, since TC knew they would have to cut jobs, they could have waited to hire the 21st Century coordinator after the pink slips were given out and then open interviews to all teachers interested in the job. Makes sense to me!
I agree with you, if all the teachers would have known they all would have went to be interviewed but thats not what TC wanted. They knew they was going to hire Clifford so they did not want the competion against her. They should not get away with this. So sad.
Teacher

Rineyville, KY

#25 May 20, 2008
Blame others wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easy to blame others....i.e. politicians in Frankfort...but it is the SMALL TOWN POLITICS to blame here!!!
I'm blaming the budget cuts on politicians, not the hiring.
i know

AOL

#26 May 21, 2008
it doesn't matter who you are blaming it on. facts are facts. when you jump ship and leave the county for a better job you should not get your pick of jobs when you come back just because your husband is tces principal. there are several teachers in the district who stayed and have stuck it out. where is the loyalty to those people?
poptart

Elizabethtown, KY

#27 May 21, 2008
TC a joke wrote:
robert looks as if you better find a job if you are waiting on the alcohol vote to save jobs. SOrry buddy. AMEN to TC being a joke. How can the legally give her the job and not interview!!!HMMM!!! Dont tell anyone.
I have got a job before without a regular interview. It's all about who you know sometimes. In this case her husband landed this job for her.
poptart

Elizabethtown, KY

#28 May 21, 2008
Electric Amish Man wrote:
<quoted text>
If this is up to "standert" Then we are in trouble. Try using a coma or period once in a while. Go find Noah Webster and get some help. We don't need alcohol, We need better education.
You might want to take your on advice because you spelled standard wrong.
poptart

Elizabethtown, KY

#29 May 21, 2008
Electric Amish Man wrote:
<quoted text>
If this is up to "standert" Then we are in trouble. Try using a coma or period once in a while. Go find Noah Webster and get some help. We don't need alcohol, We need better education.
One other thing you are against alcohol because your a recovering alcoholic. You keep forgetting that I know that!
Concerned

Buffalo, TX

#30 May 21, 2008
i know wrote:
the 21st century job was a done deal. everyone knows that. why would anyone want to waste their time with an interview? anytime there are just 2 people interviewed for a school job it is already decided.
amen
article is on cknj

Columbia, KY

#31 May 21, 2008
Non-renewal letters
- District/Central office - Karen Hayes and Victor Johnson.
- TCES classified - Billie Cecil, Kathy Crain, Inflice Milby, Traci Mings and Kathleen Smith.
- TCES certified - Brandy Abell, LaTonya DelaGarza, Brandi Graham, Brooke Gupton, Rebecca Kelly, Michelle Murphy, Angela Rakes and Tonya Rogers.
- TCMS classified - Shelly Breeding, Marina Gabehart, Hannah Rash, Glendal Loy and Rhonda Watson.
- TCHS classified - Louise Bagby, Wendy Brockman, Kimberly Carter and Holly Oliver.
- TCHS certified - Christina Bishop, Stephen Bishop, Brandon Centers, Andy Close, Allison Cox, Brandon Gupton, Carrie Lobb, Jennifer Walker and Scott Walker.
Retirement
- Calvin Bennett, fixed assets manager.
- Diane Rogers, TCHS guidance counselor.
- Myna Graham, TCES secretary.
- Ronald Harden, bus driver and Friday/Saturday security.
- Katherine Wells, TCES instructor.
- Mike Thomas, TCHS driver's education/athletic director.
- Brenda Tapscott, TCES instructor.
- David Parsons, TCHS teacher and tennis coach.
New hires
- Jennie Jessie, head basketball coach.
- Brittany Leone, Joanna Turpin, Holly Wood, Christen Cocanougher, Andrea Lawler and Sharon Wood, substitute teachers.
- Brian Clifford, TCES principal.
- Ottis Wright and Charles Stuart Hughes, substitute bus drivers.
- Jennifer Clifford, 21st Century Grant project director.
Transfers
- Scott Franklin, TCHS assistant principal.
- Kenneth L. Nunn, asset manager.
Resignation
- Loren Richerson, TCMS dance team coach.
- Loria Christie, cheerleading coach.
-
haha

Columbia, KY

#32 May 21, 2008
article is on cknj wrote:
Non-renewal letters
- District/Central office - Karen Hayes and Victor Johnson.
- TCES classified - Billie Cecil, Kathy Crain, Inflice Milby, Traci Mings and Kathleen Smith.
- TCES certified - Brandy Abell, LaTonya DelaGarza, Brandi Graham, Brooke Gupton, Rebecca Kelly, Michelle Murphy, Angela Rakes and Tonya Rogers.
- TCMS classified - Shelly Breeding, Marina Gabehart, Hannah Rash, Glendal Loy and Rhonda Watson.
- TCHS classified - Louise Bagby, Wendy Brockman, Kimberly Carter and Holly Oliver.
- TCHS certified - Christina Bishop, Stephen Bishop, Brandon Centers, Andy Close, Allison Cox, Brandon Gupton, Carrie Lobb, Jennifer Walker and Scott Walker.
Retirement
- Calvin Bennett, fixed assets manager.
- Diane Rogers, TCHS guidance counselor.
- Myna Graham, TCES secretary.
- Ronald Harden, bus driver and Friday/Saturday security.
- Katherine Wells, TCES instructor.
- Mike Thomas, TCHS driver's education/athletic director.
- Brenda Tapscott, TCES instructor.
- David Parsons, TCHS teacher and tennis coach.
New hires
- Jennie Jessie, head basketball coach.
- Brittany Leone, Joanna Turpin, Holly Wood, Christen Cocanougher, Andrea Lawler and Sharon Wood, substitute teachers.
- Brian Clifford, TCES principal.
- Ottis Wright and Charles Stuart Hughes, substitute bus drivers.
- Jennifer Clifford, 21st Century Grant project director.
Transfers
- Scott Franklin, TCHS assistant principal.
- Kenneth L. Nunn, asset manager.
Resignation
- Loren Richerson, TCMS dance team coach.
- Loria Christie, cheerleading coach.
-
You have all these people losing jobs, yet the county votes Bam Carney into an office where he will be away from the classroom for 2 months and have a paid person take his place. Now let's talk budget cuts. It appears that his position has two hired people while other qualified people are losing their jobs.
amen

Campbellsville, KY

#33 May 21, 2008
amen, hope things get better for those of you who are losing your jobs I will pray for you!!
humm

Elizabethtown, KY

#34 May 21, 2008
ALL these teachers are NOT losing their jobs, the non-renewal letter is sent to any teacher that has been there less than 4 years. There will be cuts, but NOT all of these people will lose their jobs. Please know the facts.
haha

Columbia, KY

#35 May 21, 2008
Even if one loses their job Bam is doing an injustice to the education system of Taylor County.
omg

Elizabethtown, KY

#36 May 21, 2008
what did furkin do now, I remember her not wearing a bra in the 70's and 80's and swapping spit with a student back in the day. Of course nothing was done back then, she moved up instead, lol wonder how.
ha ha

Buffalo, TX

#37 May 21, 2008
omg wrote:
what did furkin do now, I remember her not wearing a bra in the 70's and 80's and swapping spit with a student back in the day. Of course nothing was done back then, she moved up instead, lol wonder how.
For one her friend-Ms. Clark. That and the fact she knows entirely too much on Mr. Seaborne and others at the top.
HMMM

Leitchfield, KY

#38 May 21, 2008
i am not so sure they interviewed two people for that job????
A little bird

Elizabethtown, KY

#39 May 21, 2008
humm wrote:
ALL these teachers are NOT losing their jobs, the non-renewal letter is sent to any teacher that has been there less than 4 years. There will be cuts, but NOT all of these people will lose their jobs. Please know the facts.
Exactly, several of those teachers listed for TCES non renewal letters have received them in the past (last year in fact) but still found themselves employed the following school year.
A little bird

Elizabethtown, KY

#40 May 21, 2008
ha ha wrote:
<quoted text>For one her friend-Ms. Clark. That and the fact she knows entirely too much on Mr. Seaborne and others at the top.
Her Friend Ms. CLark....what do ya mean?
Teacher

Rineyville, KY

#41 May 21, 2008
i know wrote:
it doesn't matter who you are blaming it on. facts are facts. when you jump ship and leave the county for a better job you should not get your pick of jobs when you come back just because your husband is tces principal. there are several teachers in the district who stayed and have stuck it out. where is the loyalty to those people?
JUMP SHIP FOR A BETTER JOB!! That is not what happened. Who are you to judge her! She left because they were living in another county and gas was on the rise and the cost of driving back and forth was way too much. It killed her to leave Taylor county. She tried to stay, but couldn't afford to. Again, get your facts straight before you start speaking. And loyalty, isn't better that she follows her husband and stays loyal to her vows than putting unecessary strain on her marriage and family? That's loyalty.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Seahag Saturday at da ballwash 1 hr Private I Gummy 1
The Grim Reapers (Oct '12) 1 hr Private I Gummy 55
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Strel 160,867
Funeral Processions/ Stupid Drivers (Oct '14) 20 hr Dickmuncher55 40
Anyones Net10 or Tracfone not working (Jun '12) Thu Peter Lechner 36
Who is this Viper? Campbellsville hero? Where d... Thu Private I Gummy 4
M&R Estates (Jun '08) Thu AllMyLife 20

Campbellsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance