Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 166315 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#89633 Oct 29, 2012
We should begin by setting conscience free. When all men of all religions ... shall enjoy equal liberty, property, and an equal chance for honors and power ... we may expect that improvements will be made in the human character and the state of society.
-- John Adams, letter to Dr. Price, April 8, 1785, quoted from Albert Menendez and Edd Doerr, The Great Quotations on Religious Freedom (1991)

As I understand the Christian religion, it was, and is, a revelation. But how has it happened that millions of fables, tales, legends, have been blended with both Jewish and Christian revelation that have made them the most bloody religion that ever existed?
-- John Adams, letter to FA Van der Kamp, December 27, 1816
Ugh

London, KY

#89634 Oct 29, 2012
Its in the constitution. SEPERATE CHURCH AND STATE. Im an Atheist. I have no issues with the various religions (Excluding scientology. I mean, really?)
But it is against the law to allow bible study in schools. We need to be teaching our children things that will help them in life, Not some story written by several different men (That by the way, lived hundreds of years after Jesus supposedly died)
olly

Bowling Green, KY

#89635 Oct 29, 2012
ky girl wrote:
this would be a good thing.when i went to school we had a lady come once a week, she didnt teach religion, she told bible stories,it was a good break,she told the stories with pictures, also the first thing in the morning, we sang songs said the pledge for about 15 minutes.it set the tone for the day,as a child grows into adult hood,they will adopt their own beliefs,this is a stepping stone. they will believe in something, why not let them start with the goods things, if they dont hear good things when they are small, they wont know they have a choice.as i got older and heard different things,i choose what was to me the best,our children need a good positive in their lives.for some it will be the only time they will hear the name god, jesus, lord.at least they will have a choice.
Just another reason why that shouldn't happen... Clearly they should have emphasized grammar at your school instead of Bible stories.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#89636 Oct 29, 2012
Occams Razor wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you or any other person who is for Religion in schools please answer this question: How would you feel about muslim children having study groups in public school? And spreading a rug out to say prayers 5 times a day in public school? Are you fine with that?
Nice to see that NO ONE has stepped up on this question. I guess my point is proven, the Christians don't really believe in the whole reliious freedom idea. Just in religious freedom for THEIR religion...now I see.

Location hidden

#89637 Oct 29, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
The theory of evolution is based solely on Faith. The only difference in evolutionist and most other religions, is they base their entire religion on several different human gods, and they all strive to be human gods themselves. But, unlike other misguided religions they do not believe in an afterlife. That could very well be the reason they feel the need for an abundance amount of attention during during their life.
Evolutionist however do have one of the strongest faiths of all religions. Mostly because their entire religion is based entirely upon knowingly trying to produce false evidence.
Could you provide an address and tax-exempt status of this Evolutionist Church you speak of?

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#89638 Oct 29, 2012
Spirit 666 wrote:
Me, Priest and Witch worship the true Lord.
I did not know the witch worshiped a "lord". Could you please clarify which "lord" the witch worships? I think the witch has more sense, the witch worships a lord, lmao, I may be wrong but I think the witch, need not, put on such airs.

Now maybe the pooh would,

“Hail King Satan”

Since: Oct 12

Cannon, KY

#89639 Oct 29, 2012
Occams Razor wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice to see that NO ONE has stepped up on this question. I guess my point is proven, the Christians don't really believe in the whole reliious freedom idea. Just in religious freedom for THEIR religion...now I see.
You're right. They're extremely biased, when it comes to their own religion.
liberaltreehugge r

Macon, GA

#89640 Oct 29, 2012
Most christians should not call themselves christians. Satanist are just plain ignorant. If you are going to have prayer in schools then we should have a prayers in school. Not just christian.

Location hidden

#89641 Oct 29, 2012
7th--

Please refrain from trying to tell everyone how little they understand the Bible. Most non-believers I know (including myself) have studied the Bible extensively. HOW do you think we became non-believers? We figured out it's all bullshit and learned some logic and free thought. May as well be reading a fantasy novel.

Please don't attempt to make an argument quoting a book of FICTION, please...or I may have to pull out my Harry Potter book and quote you some passages on witchcraft and how it's REAL.

“Hail King Satan”

Since: Oct 12

Cannon, KY

#89642 Oct 29, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>I did not know the witch worshiped a "lord". Could you please clarify which "lord" the witch worships? I think the witch has more sense, the witch worships a lord, lmao, I may be wrong but I think the witch, need not, put on such airs.
Now maybe the pooh would,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =TErIFY0T9TsXX
I'm sorry, I didn't realize I called upon you.

“There is no god.”

USA

#89643 Oct 29, 2012
The power of god is shown to be sub human in the bible any parent would know more about their children,

genesis 3 kjv

8 And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.

9 And the Lord God called unto Adam, and said unto him, Where art thou?

10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.

11 And he said, Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

12 And the man said, The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.

13 And the Lord God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.

First god did not know where the only two dirt balls it made were hiding.

Next god did not know for sure how the dirt balls knew they were naked and who got them to eat of the forbidden fruit.

Lets sum this up, the god of the christian bible does not exist.

The christian god, is sottish(the bible has bad spell check, soddish, lmao).

“There is no god.”

USA

#89644 Oct 29, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is up to "god" to open their eyes, then it is his fault if they are not opened.
If a person can keep their "eyes closed" despite Yahweh's desire to open them, then that person is more powerful than "god?" Wow!
How did THAT happen??
LOL!
You remember that religie, 7th grade content only.

“There is no god.”

USA

#89645 Oct 29, 2012
Spirit 666 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, I didn't realize I called upon you.
Lol, you did not have to call me, just talk about lords of light or dark and poof, there I is, religies, lmao.

Since: Feb 12

El Dorado Hills, CA

#89646 Oct 29, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>Not only do you not understand the Bible, you can't seem to understand your own constitution. It protects religious beliefs from ones with the stupor. Our Christian Forefathers had a pretty good idea, there would be people like you come along, and protected the Church from you.
I talk to Jehovah Witnesses that came to my door, they say your kind are of the harlot riding the wild beast spoken about in the Book of Revelations that you are drunk with wine of your fornication with the devil by voting and accepting the worldly governments of the devil.

Well you're not a Jehovah Witness I guess you will never get to heaven according to what they said. I think your Christian sister Known Fact can verify that for you.

Don't worry its not a sin for being stupid, or at least I cannot find that in the bible.

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#89647 Oct 29, 2012
Spirit 666 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sorry, I didn't realize I called upon you.
This forum is a conversational group.
Anyone may respond to anything.

LOL is my friend.. and he is quite correct.
I "worship" nothing.
Most certainly not a "lord."
You need to get to know someone better before you assume to speak for them.
I had hoped that your post was sarcasm. Was I correct?

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#89649 Oct 29, 2012
Ugh wrote:
Its in the constitution. SEPERATE CHURCH AND STATE. Im an Atheist. I have no issues with the various religions (Excluding scientology. I mean, really?)
But it is against the law to allow bible study in schools. We need to be teaching our children things that will help them in life, Not some story written by several different men (That by the way, lived hundreds of years after Jesus supposedly died)
I see another genius has made an appearance!

Are you kidding?? You do know that separation of church and state, is nowhere in the Constitution, don't you? Or, are you like most of the others on here, and don't do your research before typing?

Location hidden

#89650 Oct 29, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is up to "god" to open their eyes, then it is his fault if they are not opened.
If a person can keep their "eyes closed" despite Yahweh's desire to open them, then that person is more powerful than "god?" Wow!
How did THAT happen??
LOL!
The Bible says God will send a strong delusion to those that wish for it. If you want to be delusional, it's your choice.

Anyone who chooses to believe they evolved from a rock, is pretty delusional in my opinion!! Lol.!!

Location hidden

#89651 Oct 29, 2012
Spaceship earth wrote:
<quoted text>
I talk to Jehovah Witnesses that came to my door, they say your kind are of the harlot riding the wild beast spoken about in the Book of Revelations that you are drunk with wine of your fornication with the devil by voting and accepting the worldly governments of the devil.
Well you're not a Jehovah Witness I guess you will never get to heaven according to what they said. I think your Christian sister Known Fact can verify that for you.
Don't worry its not a sin for being stupid, or at least I cannot find that in the bible.
You do know Jehovah witness worship something different from Christ, don't you?

They may be part of your problem, you've strayed away from the Bible, just like other religions have, and now you just don't know what to believe.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#89652 Oct 29, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible says God will send a strong delusion to those that wish for it. If you want to be delusional, it's your choice.
Anyone who chooses to believe they evolved from a rock, is pretty delusional in my opinion!! Lol.!!
The fact that you made the rock part up to put words in others mouths shows you are a worthless POS. I bet you do not even believe in god

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#89653 Oct 29, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>I see another genius has made an appearance!
Are you kidding?? You do know that separation of church and state, is nowhere in the Constitution, don't you? Or, are you like most of the others on here, and don't do your research before typing?
Freedom of religion is freedom FROM your cult, hence the separation of church and state. How about we make Satanism the law? You want to live in a country that does not have religious freedom move to Iran

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bank (Feb '13) 6 hr Susie 3
Patrick Gabehart arrested 1st degree burglary 12 hr GooDad 29
Found Female Beagle! Wed Curious 2
Best tootless fellatio town? Wed Mary 4
Old guy pushing a shopping cart Wed GBD49 6
Solar Eclipse Glasses Wed SolarEclipse 1
can i go to jail for child support while waitin... (Aug '11) Wed JTR 73

Campbellsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance