Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 147276 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#86494 Aug 29, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope I don't write to congress about something I really don't care about... I don't care if religion is believed or not... I care about what effects people directly and then I prioritize what I find important and what I don't... Religions of any kind are delusional in nature and sometime I give it a wide birth... Sometimes I don't but I in general don't care if money has God written on it, theres a cross on public land or somebody pushes a religious view... Just not that important but when asked by friends and relatives I tell them what I think about it...
As for All Republican Agendas ... That's absolutely false as in this thread I have not addressed All Republican Agendas so you only know the ones I do support but one... I have some Conservative views, Some Liberal views, some other more esoteric views .. Not a Republican View...
For an example I am against the death penalty, for legalization of all drugs, Don't give a crap about other peoples lifestyles, Thank Adults should be allowed to do just about anything they wish as long as they are held Responsible when their actions infringe of others in doing what they wish to do... And there are many other issues I totally disagree with republicans about... Some I agree with a bit, some I totally agree with....
I do not make stands Just because of some Group Think and take each and every specific issue I find of interest Individually with out Group Think Bias... I do have my own Biases but I Know those biases, I take those biases into consideration when I contemplate specific issues and formulate my Own Individual positions...
Seems you have some libertarian views. Ironic they do not apply to religion.
The lack of consistency is a problem.

Freedom of use of drugs will never be realized until those who vote republican refuse to tell their representatives how they feel on the subject.

I think recreational drugs should be allowed but regulated like any prescription drug. The tax dollar revenue would be huge. The drug war expenses would be a huge savings.
Democrats would go for this but they know the right wing will not allow them to do it, so they prioritize the fight to something they feel they can do.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#86495 Aug 29, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>One BIG reason for that... it's Not!
God is real... He saved me, and sooooo many others!
Go figure!
If you only had some evidence for that claim.

“There is no god.”

Since: Jan 12

USA

#86497 Aug 29, 2012
LOL in a suit wrote:
Good article, some good links in the footnotes.
Lol, I guess the link would help.

http://www.news24.com/MyNews24/Why-Atheism-Wi...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#86499 Aug 29, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Seems you have some libertarian views. Ironic they do not apply to religion.
Freedom of use of drugs will never be realized until those who vote republican refuse to tell their representatives how they feel on the subject.
I think recreational drugs should be allowed but regulated like any prescription drug. The tax dollar revenue would be huge. The drug war expenses would be a huge savings.
Democrats would go for this but they know the right wing will not allow them to do it, so they prioritize the fight to something they feel they can do.
I'm am Absolutely Consistent... You just have a view that if your preconceived notions of what you consider consistent... A person can enjoy head banging rock and roll and Mozart, Wear strip pants with checked shirt and still be consistent....

As for contacting politicians it's a useless endeavor unless there is a ground swell, When I see a ground swell of folks that agree with what I hold as an important issue I do write and call.. But a few people calling in telling them they want a joint does nothing..

We have a two party system, I don't like it but it is what the people have settled on.. In the end I have to place my vote on one of those two sides.. the Dem's and Repub's are 80% the same when it comes to the majority of policies with just a few issues that are approached differently... So I make my choice in the end based on a couple of over riding issues that have import to me..

I do not like either choice for different reasons.. I actually would have support Paul far more than what I have to select from now and did actively get involved in his efforts but when the people made their choices for who the last two standing would be then I make my choice from those.. But at no point have I been inconsistent...

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#86501 Aug 29, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>I'm am Absolutely Consistent... You just have a view that if your preconceived notions of what you consider consistent... A person can enjoy head banging rock and roll and Mozart, Wear strip pants with checked shirt and still be consistent....

As for contacting politicians it's a useless endeavor unless there is a ground swell, When I see a ground swell of folks that agree with what I hold as an important issue I do write and call.. But a few people calling in telling them they want a joint does nothing..

We have a two party system, I don't like it but it is what the people have settled on.. In the end I have to place my vote on one of those two sides.. the Dem's and Repub's are 80% the same when it comes to the majority of policies with just a few issues that are approached differently... So I make my choice in the end based on a couple of over riding issues that have import to me..

I do not like either choice for different reasons.. I actually would have support Paul far more than what I have to select from now and did actively get involved in his efforts but when the people made their choices for who the last two standing would be then I make my choice from those.. But at no point have I been inconsistent...
To make a ground swell requires people actually doing it. In a sense you have to suspend reason for a moment and act on principle. Voting 3rd party is an example of this.

London, KY

#86502 Aug 29, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
To make a ground swell requires people actually doing it. In a sense you have to suspend reason for a moment and act on principle. Voting 3rd party is an example of this.
I totally disagree (Surprise!)... Voting 3rd party in a primary is fine.. Voting 3rd party in the main event is giving the party you most oppose a freebee... The Ground swell must happen Before the final event and it has to reach a level of support that makes it viable .. The suspension of reason and rationality is a sure way to fall to delusion...
anon

Winchester, KY

#86503 Aug 29, 2012
I like it wrote:
If they put a stop to this I think they should put a stop to "CHRISTMAS" break also.
It's actually called Holiday break.
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#86504 Aug 29, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
"I have yet", "Most are", "are never", "only the well off". I just can't understand it. Were you kidnapped by a weird, so called "Christian" cult as a child and chained in the basement? You must have experienced something terrible to be this brainwashed.
The true Christians I know could care less how much money you have. They love one another and help one another with no thought of background or income levels. I am not speaking of one specific location in which I grew up in this type of environment and I am still surrounded by this one group of people. I am speaking of living in 8 cities and attending 8 churches over my lifetime and finding the same type of true Christians in each location. I am not saying everything was perfect all the time, but for the most part, the good far outweighed the bad.
Amen!
Far more good than bad!
Yes, you get the oddball, like my wife's aunt.
Pays way to much attention to yer clothes...
I wear jeans most of the time, and I know God don't care!
Actually, I want a robe like "Even Almighty"...
It did look comfy!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#86505 Aug 29, 2012
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
<quoted text>
Since we being fanciful, I would like to think that Yahweh recycles and sends those "souls" back into other fetuses. Waste not, you know.....
Hmmm... now that I think about it, yes, that would be what he would do.
Not having had time to learn the hymns, chants and praises, a fetus soul wouldn't be much use to Yahweh who is only interested in being worshipped forever (that being the sole *no pun intended* purpose of heaven).
What do you think? Does Yahweh burn their little "souls" for not having had time to learn what he likes?
The slaughter of children, and un-borns
Children not knowing right from wrong...
Age/level of accountability

Eze 16:21
Deut 1:39
Jonah 4:11
Isaiah 7:16
Deut 24:16
Ecc 6:5
At least 25 verses all saying the same the same thing
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#86506 Aug 29, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
<quoted text>It is your BEHAVIOR that determines if you are a good person, not your beliefs. Are these good christians you speak of the same ones who protested blacks in public schools, condemned the unmarried woman for having a child, crossed the street to avoid the homeless person?
I could go on, but the point is that while they are nice to each other they close ranks to strangers and judge/condemn people. Here is the thing, I have encountered church people in many cities and they are all the same, every single one of them
"every single one of them"
Wrong again!
Yes and Amen

Georgetown, KY

#86507 Aug 29, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
If you are "a moral person" because of the threat of Hell than you are NOT a moral person, rather you are a coward that responds well to threats
Not at all!
We Love, because He first Loved US!
He gave the choice long ago...
Righteouness unto LIFE, or
Sin unto death!
No one can be perfect, so He sent a Savior, Jesus!
Now your choice is to Believe, or Not to believe...
"Your" choice... It's ON You!
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#86508 Aug 29, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Seems you have some libertarian views. Ironic they do not apply to religion.
take a look at the cspan site for the speech by Ron Paul just before the GOP convention. he is a libertarian on so many things - very interesting. I agree on about one third of his views, but not the economic ones and not the extreme of his foreign policy, though his views help to balance the horrid neocons. I disagree on tne 2nd amendment - the gOP wants to have unlimited rounds of ammunition in gun clips,, and not just easy to get guns! pandering to the sickos and paranoids.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#86509 Aug 29, 2012
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
voting for the least of the evils in a primary is the only way to be sure to make a difference. take a look at Jeff flake in Arizona. the least awful Republican running - not so good on policy, but a nice guy and not a hater. close to Ron Paul in libertarian views.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#86510 Aug 29, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> take a look at the cspan site for the speech by Ron Paul just before the GOP convention. he is a libertarian on so many things - very interesting. I agree on about one third of his views, but not the economic ones and not the extreme of his foreign policy, though his views help to balance the horrid neocons. I disagree on tne 2nd amendment - the gOP wants to have unlimited rounds of ammunition in gun clips,, and not just easy to get guns! pandering to the sickos and paranoids.
I am fully aware of what Ron Paul the libertarian stands for. I agree with some of it like cutting the military in half. But like you said, cutting all the help to our citizens is out of the question.

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

Since: Jul 12

War, WV

#86511 Aug 29, 2012
The christian church did rule the world at one time. We call that time the dark ages. They had their chance and the people voted NO!

Satanic Priest

“There is no god”

War, WV

#86512 Aug 29, 2012
Jon Knight

&#8206;"I worship Truth...I worship Reality. The best symbol of Reality is Lucifer. In order to be true to my beliefs, I must always seek out the Truth...to know. In Satanism, the Self is god. Out of the Self comes ones own experiences of Life. This experience of Life is sacred. A Satanist does not pollute this Life with skewed perceptions of Reality.To have a skewed perception of Reality is, for a Satanist, to worship a falsehood. Satanism is the worshiping of Truth and Reality, and the abolishing of falsehood, deceit and lies.
There is no "good and evil"; only subjective human judgements." ~ The Left Hand Path ~

“See how you are?”

Earth

#86513 Aug 29, 2012
Satanic Priest wrote:
Jon Knight
&#8206;"I worship Truth...I worship Reality. The best symbol of Reality is Lucifer. In order to be true to my beliefs, I must always seek out the Truth...to know. In Satanism, the Self is god. Out of the Self comes ones own experiences of Life. This experience of Life is sacred. A Satanist does not pollute this Life with skewed perceptions of Reality.To have a skewed perception of Reality is, for a Satanist, to worship a falsehood. Satanism is the worshiping of Truth and Reality, and the abolishing of falsehood, deceit and lies.
There is no "good and evil"; only subjective human judgements." ~ The Left Hand Path ~
Lucifer? Jehovah? I prefer Mr. Rogers. Comfortable sweater and less mumbo jumbo.
Are You Kidding

Farmington, MI

#86514 Aug 29, 2012
David Edwards wrote:
Republicans believe if a women is Raped,she should relax nd enjoy,The republican way...
rape is rape,and being a republican doesnt make you a christian.
Coal miners say they were forced to attend Romney event and donate
Oh, oh, this is wrong. How do I know? Because radial right-wing fringe-of-society
teabag infidels would be screaming like pigs at the slaughter had Obama done this.
But hey, it wasn't Obama (the "marxist"), it was Romney the American Jobs Slayer &
Flip-Flopping Flim-Flam Man.
Coal miners say they were forced to attend Romney event and donate
By David Edwards
Tuesday, August 28, 2012 10:07 EDT
VOTE PRESIDENT OBAMA BACK INTO OFFICE ,HE HAS MADE JOBS OVER THE LAST 29 MONTHS,UNLIKE BUSH WHO LOST OVER 800,000 JOBS TO INDIA ,CHINA AND MEXICO HIS LAST MONTH IN OFFICE. THAT CAUSED THE WORSE RECESSION IN 75 YEARS,AND BUSH AND CHENEY DID THIS TO HURT THE WORKING UNION PEOPLE OF THIS NATION,REPUBLICANS HATE UNIONS.
VOTE DEMOCRAT ALL THE WAY,CHANGE CONGRESS GET RID OF ALL REPUBLICANS.
Share on facebookShare on redditShare on diggShare on
twitterShare on farkShare on stumbleupon2.3K
Get a life!!!!

London, KY

#86515 Aug 29, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Get a life!!!!
Or he could just die and not bother the rest of us...
TheFencePost

London, KY

#86517 Aug 29, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm am Absolutely Consistent...
We have a two party system, I don't like it but it is what the people have settled on.. I
No, We The People, do not have a "two party system".

R, I----fencepost-----I, D.

The Fencepost sectors vote on PRINCIPALS of issues!!!!!!!
THAT, is consistency!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
amanda spaw (Aug '08) 5 hr Ex wife of Somers... 28
polyamory 7 hr her soulmate 12
misty McGlone...what happend to her? (Dec '11) 10 hr Shawn 7
sheena (Aug '15) 11 hr Anonymous 5
lesbians 13 hr wtf 4
grandview (Jan '09) 16 hr widenoseM 44
Zija is a Scam (Feb '11) 18 hr NotImpressed 1,217
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Campbellsville Mortgages