Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 159462 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Trying to live a good life”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#69666 Feb 8, 2012
sam wrote:
A find it funny that Christain think it okay to force their religion down everyone throat but the minute that other people want their religion to also be teach in schools they throw a hiss fit, remove the bibles from class room and have their polilce about hand out religiom materal "review" like it this casehttp://paganwiccan.about.c om/b/2011/12/23/bibles-made-av ailable-at-nc-school.htm.
You CHristain can't have both if you want chirstain to be teach in public schools then you need to teach ALL religion, athies etc belives along with said religion creation myths.
At least you know atheism is a religion!! You got one think right, anyway!!

“Memento mori”

Location hidden

#69667 Feb 8, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>At least you know atheism is a religion!! You got one think right, anyway!!
Yet another point that has been refuted and you ignore.

You have to be a troll. There is no way that someone's mind could have deteriorated to the point where no facts were able to be absorbed.
sam

Arnold, MO

#69668 Feb 8, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>At least you know atheism is a religion!! You got one think right, anyway!!
Actual I don't belive atheism is religion. Anyway if you CHristain want the bible teach then I want Atheism, Buddhism, creaitive myths Shinto, Navite Amercian, Wiccan/Pagan,history of GLBT in religion, etc also to be teach FAIRLY with EQUAL time along with books be given freely to every kids with every non religion and religion belive that way EVERYONE is GIVEN a FAIR change.

IF not then keep non religion and religion books in the PUBLIC SCHOOL libray were kids can check it out if they want and banned censor ship of PUBLIC Schools library and PUBLIC libraris and websits of non Christain and GLBT mentrial.

Location hidden

#69669 Feb 8, 2012
sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Actual I don't belive atheism is religion. Anyway if you CHristain want the bible teach then I want Atheism, Buddhism, creaitive myths Shinto, Navite Amercian, Wiccan/Pagan,history of GLBT in religion, etc also to be teach FAIRLY with EQUAL time along with books be given freely to every kids with every non religion and religion belive that way EVERYONE is GIVEN a FAIR change.
IF not then keep non religion and religion books in the PUBLIC SCHOOL libray were kids can check it out if they want and banned censor ship of PUBLIC Schools library and PUBLIC libraris and websits of non Christain and GLBT mentrial.
First, you say atheism is a religion. Then you say it isn't. Then you want it taught with other religions??? I don't think you know what you want!

I, myself don't want religion taught in public schools! That goes against the 1st Amendment!!

Location hidden

#69670 Feb 8, 2012
EssentialSalts wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet another point that has been refuted and you ignore.
You have to be a troll. There is no way that someone's mind could have deteriorated to the point where no facts were able to be absorbed.
Now, I understand why you stay so confused!!

Just because you refuted it, you think you were right!! Wrong, atheism is a religion!!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#69672 Feb 8, 2012
Kids are born atheist. Its adults that corrupt their minds.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#69673 Feb 8, 2012
7th trump is PROOF religion CAN make you STUPID!!!!
Kenosis

Norwalk, CT

#69674 Feb 8, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>Now, I understand why you stay so confused!!
Just because you refuted it, you think you were right!! Wrong, atheism is a religion!!
Are all fundies as stupid as you or did you get dropped on your head several times as a child?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#69675 Feb 8, 2012
Where did Yolu go off to? I don't remember him ever being gone this long before.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#69676 Feb 8, 2012
sam wrote:
<quoted text>
obaviously you were thinking fast and typing in a hurry, but that was not entirely clear. if I am going to agree with you - as I might - I need to be clear about all the details of what you meant. not a criticism - I think fast and type fast and want to get on in a hurry too, especially if someone I want to converse with has commented recently.
Shoes

Fulton, KY

#69677 Feb 8, 2012
OK..first, there is only ONE Bible. The others are religious books not Bible. And the politicians allow schools to teach such things that I wouldn't want my child to learn (I won't list them because they aren't worth the effort). Reading and learning the Bible helped found the United States of America. The principles learned from within the Bible are why so many came to live here; are why so many die trying to come here to live; are why we have "border" problems; and are how we have sustain this wonderful Nation in times of Depression and War. So, how can any of you say that it is not needed to be taught in the schools? Of course, it should be taught at home. But it obviously isn't enough because the country is continuing in a downward spiral to Hell. If we return to teaching the fundamentals (reading the Bible stories) in the classroom, parents may return to the basic principles of "Family" being the first thing on their priority lists -- not drugs, sex, rowdy times, etc. Families will learn to once again work together towards brighter tomorrows, educating their children to have brighter futures instead of accepting that they are stuck in low-income lifestyles, and learning that life is to be cherished -- not wasted by making mistakes just because you don't care about tomorrow.
We, as Americans, need to make a stand for Christianity and say that we want our children to learn about God at every opportunity! Vote that way at every opportunity regardless of who is friends with who at election time (or what party the candidate represents) and we just might have a Mighty Nation to pass on to our grandkids!
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#69678 Feb 8, 2012
7th Trump wrote:
<quoted text>First, you say atheism is a religion. Then you say it isn't. Then you want it taught with other religions??? I don't think you know what you want!
I, myself don't want religion taught in public schools! That goes against the 1st Amendment!!
that was to Sam, and I think he was asking other people to be consistent - and telling them the proper consequences of equal rights for all subject matter in the schools (very long days, I would guess!)
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#69679 Feb 8, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
Where did Yolu go off to? I don't remember him ever being gone this long before.
santorum celebration? on the way to Michgan or Maine, maybe? I expect RP to do well in Maine - wouldn't that be fun! I think that we now can look forward to an eventual Romney Santorum ticket, with an agenda slightly to the left of the Pope and AKofI.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#69680 Feb 8, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
or maybe he went to help shoes write his comment?
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#69681 Feb 8, 2012
Redeyejedi wrote:
Kids are born atheist. Its adults that corrupt their minds.
I think kids are born agnostic - not knowing. and also atheist in the sense of not believing. I do wonder what the first things in their minds are. I do not recall that much of my early thoughts or actions.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#69682 Feb 8, 2012
Kenosis wrote:
<quoted text>
Are all fundies as stupid as you or did you get dropped on your head several times as a child?
that was to 7th trump and I give in to the temptation to make short unfriendly replies now and then, but we should not make a habit of it, since we represent the cause of rationality, scientific method, and wisdom.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#69683 Feb 8, 2012
Makka wrote:
7th trump is PROOF religion CAN make you STUPID!!!!
see above comment. This thread has become a place where the very simplistic views of the true believers has been answered by very substantial discussions by the non-believers, and it is a pity when you just dismiss the irrational ones with a quick insult - when it is obvious that you belong to the rational camp and could have many interesting things to write about. I am in a hurry today, but usually I like to meet new people who are rational thinkers and to see a sampling of their rational thought - not just their quick dismissals of the true believer types. please let us read more of your positive and substantive views, if you wish, that is. there are lots of interesting discussions on here - and it is much better than the big sites where there is little more than insult exchange.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#69684 Feb 8, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
In a sense, humans are half monkey. We have 98% the same DNA as chimpanzees. We have the same essential bone structure of apes. Only a few differences. Somewhat different pelvic shape. Larger brain case.
Those two things make for large changes in how we operate.
There are other minor differences. We have thinner hair and our facial features have changed a bit. Nothing to dramatic.
We have smaller jaws and jaw muscles. But no major changes.
Really, we are just talking about some size differences.
Our thumb and wrist bones have changed a little, because there is no longer a need to swing from trees.
We thus have more control of thumb to fingers.
Yes, we know it may sound degrading to you, being called half ape, but that is the fact. We are primates. The human primate.
that was to 7th trump, I think. I think we suffered a loss when it became a lot more difficult to swing from trees and vines. But there is always Cirque de Soleil - wouldn't it be wonderful if they could put on a performance for monkeys, chimps, and great apes, and get the audience reaction? I can just imagine their conversations and evaluations!

“Memento mori”

Location hidden

#69685 Feb 8, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
I reported him.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#69686 Feb 8, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
This is not a theocracy.
not yet, stay tuned for more election results.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wes Carter is amazingly hottttt! (Oct '09) 6 hr Halls8282 16
AngieAkin 10 hr Dawna Goodhead 2
AvahPerkins: an open discussion. 11 hr Dawna Goodhead 2
The AvahPerkins saga continues! 11 hr Dawna Goodhead 3
Hash Family Forum 2017 11 hr Dawna Goodhead 3
I'm female-HELP ME MASTERBATE PLEASE. (Oct '12) 11 hr Dawna Goodhead 13
Shootings 19 hr Smh 25

Campbellsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance