First Prev
of 5
Next Last
BIGDADDY3387

Campbellsville, KY

#82 Oct 17, 2008
I MET RYAN WHEN HE WAS 16YRS OLD AND HIRED HIM TO WORK AT MR. GATTIS. ME AND HIM ALWAYS TALKED ABOUT THE TIME HE WAS WORKING THE DISH ROOM AND HE CAME BACK TO TALK TO ME. WE TALKED FOR A WHILE AND THEN I SAID WHAT IS THAT AND HE TURNED AROUND AND THERE WAS WATER AND SOAP SOADS RUNNING DOWN THE FLOOR. HE HAD STARTED FILLING THE SINK AND FORGOT. I SPENT 30 MINS OR MORE SWEPING IT DOWN THE DRAIN BUT WE LAUGHED THE WHOLE TIME AND 10 YRS LATER WE WERE STILL LAUGHING.
BIGDADDY3387

Campbellsville, KY

#83 Oct 17, 2008
I HIRED RYAN TO WORK FOR ME AGIN AT GAMESTOP. I KNOW YOU HIRES RYAN 2 TIMES BUT I ALWAYS HAD FAITH IM HIM. ME AND MY WIFE LAUGH HOW SHE WOULD CALL UP THERE TO TALK TO ME AND HE WOULD ANSWER THE PHONE AND TELL HER TO HOLD ON AND HE WOULD HANG UP ON HER. THEN SHE WOULD CALL BACK AND HE WOULD DO IT AGIN AND HE WOULD HAVE HER LAUGHING. ME AND HER MISS HIM AND I FELL THAT HE HAD THE GIFT TO MAKE YOU HAPPY NO MATTER WHAT. I CAN SEE HIM AND THAT DUMB SMILE NOW SMILING AT US FROM HEAVEN.
Momma Patricia

Campbellsville, KY

#84 Oct 17, 2008
We all miss you so much...there are so many good memories that we all can hold on to...Ryan was a special person that brought a part of himself into each of our lives...Ryan lived alot in his 29 years of life...more than most of us will in our entire lifetime...we all need to remember life is short...take time for that friend or loved one...take time to call or give that big hug...we never know when that chance may be taken away...Ryan I know you are watching over all of us and probably shaking your head and grining that grin that only you had...I know you knew that you were a important part of my family...we are all dealing with your loss in different ways...struggling at times with our grief... you are forever in our hearts and memories...We Love and Miss You so much...until we meet again, watch over all of us...
Brent Thompson

Hawesville, KY

#85 Oct 20, 2008
Just can't think of anything to say besides that there seems to be a heck of alot of people who wish you were still around.
ninja 636

Campbellsville, KY

#86 Oct 22, 2008
Brent Thompson wrote:
Just can't think of anything to say besides that there seems to be a heck of alot of people who wish you were still around.

I new Ryan for a year and a half. I bought a bike back in 06 and one day i was riding when i ran into ryan at a gas station..He talked to me like i was one of is brothers! Ever since then me and him rode as much as we could including his brother adam. He took me in as a riding buddy but treated me like a brother..I miss Ryan everyday and there arent enough words to describe how great of a person he was..I fell like have lost a brother, i know he is having a blast up there and is looking down upon all of us..I hop Adam and his sister and all of ryan's family will stay strong..Love u much man!! RIP RYAN SHIP!
Chris Currans

Campbellsville, KY

#87 Oct 23, 2008
So many good times with that idiot!!! The cook outs, we ordered all the stuff for his old jetta together. I still miss having Ryan and TJ just walk in my house and go straight for the fridge, then turn and say hi!!! He went with me to get my R1 and always steared me in the right direction. Our close nit of friends are still together and miss him like crazy. There isn't a day that goes by that there isn't a memory of Ryan J. "Bitches love me" Shipp brought up.
We miss ya brother!!!
You should know

Lawrenceburg, KY

#88 Oct 27, 2008
I met Ryan when I started dating his sister. We lived in the same neighborhood. Immediately we became friends. Even after things ended with Sam, Ryan and I were tight all the way to the end. I was there when he had his first wreck, I watched him go down, and I helped him up, brushed him off, and watched him ride the sickest wheelie out of that curve. Then after his second wreck, I went to his house and helped care for him. I literally packed him to the bathtub. I was between jobs at the time, so I went over and got Ryan and brought him to my house. We played Oblivion for like 2 weeks straight. He would play when I slept, and I would play while he slept. My wife was pissed lol... I put Ryan on his first bike, my ninja zx1100. I put Ryan on his second bike, my ninja 600. I went with Ryan and bought his first bike, a GSXR 750. As a matter of fact, I drove it about 400 miles in Georgia in the pouring rain because he didn't know how to ride yet (that was a trip that the 4 of us will never forget :D). I went with Ryan to get his jetta in North Carolina. We had lots of fun on that trip. And who could forget the ENDLESS hours we spent on Warcraft!! We would stay up for days on end and just play. We journied across Azeroth together. We spent the past 6 years or so together. Almost every day until we (my wife and I) moved out of town. I hate it that I didn't get to see Ryan as much since the move, but I feel good because we always stayed in contact. I could set here and talk about fun times all night long, times at Gamestop, times at my house or his, times at Travis' apartment, times in Raikes' basement, random road trips, times at his and TJ's house recently. There isn't a day that goes by that I dont' miss him dearly. And to be honest, Im still having trouble trying to figure out how to deal with it. I loved Ryan like no other, and am very blessed to have had the chance to spend so much time with him over the last 6 or 7 years. We had many, many long talks about everything from life, love, religion, you name it, we covered it. I will always cherish all the memories I have of Ryan. I feel happy now thinking about them. And to all his friends and family, good luck in your journies. I hope you all find peace and assurance in the fact that you will see Ryan again. It wasn't just Bitches that loved you Ryan, Everyone who knew you did. I did. Thank you for changing my life in so many ways.
Brent Thompson

Hawesville, KY

#89 Jun 30, 2009
NO COMMENTS ON THIS THREAD SINCE OCTOBER 2008...

So I thought I'd keep it alive. I don't get on TOPIX much myself, but I thought about Ryan just the other day, June 12th, which was the 1-year anniversary of his tragic death. So I stopped by the grave site for a quick visit...

Still seems odd to have him gone. I still have several old messages in my MYSPACE inbox from him. Not gonna delete those.

Well, enuf from me...keep the memory alive!
just a friend

Barnesville, OH

#90 Sep 27, 2012
I knew Ryan from high school. I had the biggest crush on him for all 4 years. I was IN LOVE. I had it bad. lol. We just remained friends though. I was too shy to say anything, so I remained in torture the whole time, watching him date girl after girl, Jami and Dana, I think? Well, he finally asked me out on a date our senior year. Well I was so syked, I didn't know how to act. I grew up with my father and he was super strict and told me I couldn't date. So I asked him anyway and my dad said...NO! I was devastated. Ya'll know what I mean. So we graduated and life went on. I saw Ryan from time to time in Campbellsville and we would talk for a few minutes. I wonder it would have been like to go on a date with him. I just thought about this because my niece just lost her boyfriend in a car accident. He was only 23. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose a child. I have 2 of my own. I know the pain is always there, it's been 4 years. I pray that the family is well. I'm sorry for leaving this book, but just wanted to share the memory. I never told anyone but my dad...God Bless.
New to town

Elizabethtown, KY

#91 Oct 7, 2012
I didn't know him but sounds like I missed out on meeting him
brokenhearted

United States

#92 Nov 14, 2013
Its been almost 6 years and I'm still thinking about him. He was an amazing person and was fun to hang out with. I new him when he worked at the movies and I was a lot younger back then and me and all my friends thought he was so cool. I really looked up too him. R.I.P always and for ever. Never for get how great of a person you are hopefully we will meet again one day in heaven.
broken hearted

United States

#93 Nov 14, 2013
Still missin yu a lot and thinking about yu til this day ryan R.I.P never for gotten hopefully we will meet in heaven one day.
LMS

Hodgenville, KY

#94 Nov 15, 2013
Why not use your real name broken?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 35 min Curious 135,119
Poll Who Should Leave This Forum 1 hr LMS 25
what about tina stapleton (Jun '09) 1 hr les 12
Best soccer player in Campbellsville history? 2 hr Zizou 1
Medal of Honor sought for 'American Sniper' Chr... 5 hr LMS 47
Renee Dobson 12 hr Tiny 11
jesse durham (Apr '14) 16 hr nutsack 9
Zija is a Scam (Feb '11) Mar 27 dude 1,185
Campbellsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Campbellsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE