Thinker

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

Does anyone know about the Bingo at Campbellsville ? I heard it was closing ?I might know someone intrested in opening it up in the future .If anyone has any information about this subject please reply .Thanks Kelly
ITS TRUE

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2010

THEY DID CLOSE IF ANYONE OPENED A BINGO HALL IT WOULD BRING IN MONEY AS LONG AS NOBODY WOULD BE TAKIN THE MONEY ITS HARD TO TRUST PEOPLE WITH MONEY ANYMORE
disgusyed

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2010

Thinker wrote:
Does anyone know about the Bingo at Campbellsville ? I heard it was closing ?I might know someone intrested in opening it up in the future .If anyone has any information about this subject please reply .Thanks Kelly
the Bingo hall would make plenty of money .The ONLY problem is the ones that are running the post now and managing the financial books.Billy Floyd was post Cammander for several years and that post wasn't in this kind of financial problem.The writing is on the wall and I can't believe everyone up there can't see it.So the only other thing would be that they are involved.I know they never gave away a pickle jar money of $500.00 this money was the bingo players money it was not the Legions money but the last night they were open the made a comment that they would just give it to charity which if it was there money would be fine but it is separate money outside of bingo so it needed to be given to a player.They kept that money and split it between theselves. Its a shame that a post that was so wonderful has went to shxt like it has.
carolyn of Campbellville

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2010

I just want people to know that there are honest hard working folks at the bingo hall.and I want you'll to know that I am a Legionnaire And aout the pickel jar I know I did not get one thin dime of the money nor any other legionnaire. There are still honest people in this world. If you don't care to belive thats your problem not mine. But be careful of what you read and say cause words can hurt real bad. To those who have done not one thing wrong. Thank you for reading this God Bless our troops A Legionnaire and proud of it
miss bingo bad

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2010

so can an honest person please tell me why there is no more bingo? i really want to know because that was sadly but honestly the only relaxing and alone time i had. please be honest. and is it coming back anytime soon?
JUST SO YOU WILL KNOW

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2010

First off, the people that worked Bingo were volunteers. They worked many, many years just so we could give out food baskets at X-mas, help the youth of the community and the community, itself. As for Bingo, It was governed by the Gaming Commission. Every penny was accounted for. The last night that we had Bingo, the Agent for the Gaming Commission was there and told us how we had to do everything. We wanted to just draw tickets and give away the Pickle Jar money, but he would not let us. But he did, finally, break down and let them draw 10 numbers instead of 1 or 2 to try to give it away, but when it didn't happen, he said that was as far as he was going to let us go. Why Bingo is no more is because of the economy. Most everyone up there understood that. The money taken in at the door was all given away plus more. The only way we could make anything was through bankers, and they were just not selling enough to keep it open. A lot of the people were trying hard to buy as mush as they could but it was just not enough. Hoping times will change, then, maybe, if we can get our volunteers back, we can have it again. But, if all someone wants to do is make accusations, then that may be very hard to do. P.S. I miss it too.
TIRED

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2010

I AM SO TIRED OF PEOPLE THAT DON'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT BINGO TO SAY THAT THE PEOPLE WHO DO KNOW ABOUT BINGO(WHY DO THEY KNOW??????)WILL BECAUSE THEY GO TO CLASSES ABOUT BINGO AND ARE WATCHED VERY CLOSELY BY THE GAMING COMMISSION...SO PLEASE SHUT THE #@*#@ up... I USE TO WORK THE BINGO HERE AND I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER OF THE LEGION FOR YEARS....SO LET ME TELL YOU WHEN YOU SAY THAT THE PEOPLE ARE NOT HONEST...WELL THAT MEANS THAT YOU ARE SAYING THAT I'M NOT HONEST.....THE TIMES ARE BAD AND IT HARD ON EVERYONE EVEN BINGO.....MAYBE THEY WILL BE BACK WHEN EVERYTHING GETS BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS.....LET'S ALL HOPE SO
Laurie Mandi

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2010

The American Legion & Auxiliary was founded and continues to this day with the purpose of God, Country and Community. The Legion is a not for profit organization. We are allowed to hold events such a bingo to earn money to pay our bills, just as any homeowner and then a percentage always marked for Charity. Not just Charity but to support the Community as a whole. Crusade for Children, crossing guards at a little league baseball park, youth basketball, Special Olympics and so on. The last three years we have either donated money to others or purchased ourselves or collected items and then mailed over 900 pounds of items to our men and women serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. For more then 40 years families in Taylor Co received Christmas Baskets. A place were Veterans and their Families can reach a service officer to help them start the process of benefits. IE missing papers. Until we no longer had, a coach POST 82 supported a Baseball team that led to more than 32 College Scholarships.
Post 82 has held Bingo on Monday night’s staff by volunteers of both legionnaires and auxiliary members. Many of our legionnaires have worked Monday after Monday so sick until they could no longer work. Have your seen Mr. Laytart or Billy Sears lately. Yet, Billy Sears would work hours on paper work in order that there still be bingo. Why, do the members of Post 82 work sick, because there has only been a core few who are willing to give this amount of time. Auxiliary members donate baked and dinner items and run the kitchen in order to fund their programs. Most importantly College Scholarships.
When I first became a legionnaire the Bingo tables were full, not a seat to be had. In the last 2 years, we have gone down to less then 100 people attending. With tables empty, kitchen left with food. People want big prizes and more games, but there were no people in attendance. SO the postings that WE as a group have stolen any money is an insult to all members past, present and future of Post 82. Because as you see it is not just a night out that you lose, but all those that we help. We said that hopefully, this Spring we could restart Bingo again. However, we also need two things to happen we need more Veterans willing to work and more people having a night out. A night out that only cost 10$ and yet does so much.
disgusted

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2010

Well Lauri I never have seen you sell one bingo card or tab .What makes you we always want to hear your crap.You always act like you do so much but yet you don't do shit except half assed.It is a shame that Bingo is No longer there but they really need to relook at the books and find out where all the money is going.I have played Bingo up there for so many years I mean every since the SAL members worked the bingo until they got tired of working and getting nothing for it.When Al and Rita was handling the books and then the books were given over to someone else and the women were getting checks for working bingo and then all of a sudden Rita and Al came back the women stopped getting checks and the place isn't making money again.It just seems like the money problem ONLY occurs under certain people I think that is where the post needs to readjust.I am so sorry that everyone up there isn't always so honest and hard working it is very sad and hurtful as Carol states.Hopfully when the Election comes around we will see a difference and hopfully the post will survive in the mean time
Thinker

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2010

TIRED wrote:
I AM SO TIRED OF PEOPLE THAT DON'T HAVE A CLUE ABOUT BINGO TO SAY THAT THE PEOPLE WHO DO KNOW ABOUT BINGO(WHY DO THEY KNOW??????)WILL BECAUSE THEY GO TO CLASSES ABOUT BINGO AND ARE WATCHED VERY CLOSELY BY THE GAMING COMMISSION...SO PLEASE SHUT THE #@*#@ up... I USE TO WORK THE BINGO HERE AND I HAVE BEEN A MEMBER OF THE LEGION FOR YEARS....SO LET ME TELL YOU WHEN YOU SAY THAT THE PEOPLE ARE NOT HONEST...WELL THAT MEANS THAT YOU ARE SAYING THAT I'M NOT HONEST.....THE TIMES ARE BAD AND IT HARD ON EVERYONE EVEN BINGO.....MAYBE THEY WILL BE BACK WHEN EVERYTHING GETS BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS.....LET'S ALL HOPE SO
Hello I know a Couple of people who are intrested in reopening and running the local Bingo We are Honest and Expercienced with the Bingo Laws of Kentucky. If you could contact me with contact information about the Bingo please Thanks Kelly .
Amanda

Liberty, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2012

I am wanting to come to bingo in Campbellsville. Is it still open and what day and time do they have. I have several people that is also interested in coming. Any help would be great.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We Love You Karma 16 min Flint Hill Bandit 32
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 26 min American 149,878
Darth Tater is too kewl for nonsense 2 hr Flint Hill Bandit 11
looking for love 2 hr Flint Hill Bandit 52
who is the stupidest rebel are karma? 2 hr Flint Hill Bandit 43
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 3 hr very 26,227
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr AAA 130,225
Debate: Ferguson - Campbellsville, KY 3 hr HILLBILLY 75
Dollar store 10 hr LMS 19

Search the Campbellsville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Campbellsville Jobs