'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate

"Fox News Sunday" is heading to Louisville, Ky. Jack Conway, Kentucky's attorney general and the Democratic candidate for Senate , and Rand Paul, the Republican nominee and son of Representative Ron Paul, Republican of Texas, have agreed to a live debate on "Fox News Sunday" on Oct.3 at 9 a.m. (Eastern time).

Read more
Uncle Tab

United States

#46062 Aug 22, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
Many things completed by the New Deal did work but many things didn't. Excise taxes were placed on goods predominantly purchased by middle and poor classes. This was the main funding source for the New Deal. It placed a greater burden on the backs of the poor in society which was the opposite of its intent. Federal tax rates went from 25% in 1931 to 79% in 1936 which deterred investments of any kind. Unemployment was at 24% in 1932 and gradually reduced to 15% by 1940, but was not brought down to single digits until World War II when many went to work for military contractors.
In addition, we are tired of hearing our current condition is due to Bush. Obama has increased the deficit at twice the rate of Bush and more Americans are unemployed and for longer periods than ever in history. The national debt is at an all time high of over $15 trillion which largely caused the downgrade in the U.S. debt rating.
Obama actually stated "after 3 years, if the economy isn't fixed, I should be a one-term president".
I will not lower myself to to call you stupid. ignorant,lazy or uneducated.
The New Deal worked! Plain and simple! No one is looking for a free ride but that's exactly what the super rich are getting. We would not have as big of a debt issue as we do now if it weren't for companies like GE getting 15 million in tax returns after not paying a cent in!

It's time for the freeloading rich to get off the backs of working class Americans.

I'll as you the same question as I've asked every other republican here, if tax breaks given to the super rich for job creation aren't creating jobs, why keep giving them? Stock Marlket keeps setting closing records and no big job growth. Time to cut the cord on the money train! The free ride is over!

And I won't call you names! You admit some things work, some don't. I'm not saying I agree with everything Semocrat, just most! Republican/Teabaggers I refer to would bot that way even if a homeless shelter was being burnt down, just because it's a republican idea.

Still stand by my statement, time for a New New Deal, and in his next term, I believe it will happen. No way Romey/Ryan can win. Polls are close now yes, but as the talk of no jobs, not paying the same taxes, millionaire, Ryan not caring about the working class.... It'll never happen!
Uncle Tab

United States

#46063 Aug 22, 2012
Tea Party Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
No little Highschool child, FDR nor the new deal nor the WPA saved the US from the Great Depression! Hoover did not cause it, 8 years of Wilsons Progressive Democrats did! Hoover just got the blame! He had been in office less than a year when it happened! Some of FDR's programs helped a little but WWII got America out of the Great Depression, read your history book a bit more! Glad to see a young person that knows as much as you do, that is unusual. Proud of the fact you know who FDR and Hoover are! Good job, just look into it some more.
But you all throw fits when we blame Bush! Make up your minds ppl lol either you can blame past Presidents or you can't. Make up our minds here and quit using things that fit your arguments

Jeesh!
Hey

Ashland, KY

#46064 Aug 22, 2012
Despite promises that free trade agreements would increase job creation in the U.S., close to 700,000 jobs have been lost as a result of the passage of NAFTA in 1993, according to a new study by Economic Policy Institute senior economist Robert Scott.

According to the analysis, if NAFTA had not been enacted, tariffs on goods passing between the two countries not eliminated, and important features of Mexico's social welfare state not eradicated in 1994, U.S. trade with Mexico would have supported approximately 1.5 million jobs in 2010 in the U.S.

That number came in at just under 800,000 last year, however. In other words, on average more than 40,000 jobs in the U.S. have been lost each year since the passage of NAFTA due to the growing trade deficit with that country.

The study further noted that "Even if increased demand in other sectors absorbs all the workers displaced by trade (an unlikely event), job quality is likely to suffer, as many non-trade-related industries pay lower wages and have less comprehensive benefits than trade-related industries."

The majority of those lost jobs have been in the manufacturing sector, totaling 415,000. Michigan, Indiana, Kentucky, Ohio, and Tennessee are the top five states losing jobs as a result of NAFTA, the study found. Jobs were lost in all 50 states, D.C., and Puerto Rico.

Electronics and auto manufacturing were the top two industries where jobs in the U.S. were lost.

Historically, manufacturing jobs have had higher rates of unionization in the U.S., leading to higher wages, better benefits, and more stable local communities. In addition, protective tariffs meant that it was comparatively cheaper to make goods in the U.S.

By comparison, Mexico's economy hasn't exactly fared well as a result of NAFTA either, the study explained. About 1.3 million jobs in agriculture have been lost in that country due to the influx of cheaper U.S.-grown products like subsidized corn. The impact of the movement of thousands of displaced agriculture workers to the country's cities has exacerbated social problems like poverty, concentrated unemployment, and the lack of basic social services.

In a press teleconference call Tuesday, May 3, Scott said, "Prior to passage of NAFTA in 1993, supporters claimed that it would create a growing trade surplus and several hundred thousand jobs. My study shows just the opposite has occurred."

Scott further expressed strong skepticism about similar optimistic claims now being made about the proposed Korean-U.S. Free Trade Agreement (KORUS FTA). "The evidence suggests that a growing trade deficit with Korea as a result of the KORUS FTA would lead to additional net job displacement," he pointed out.

In his study, Scott estimated that 159,000 jobs in the U.S. would be lost in the first seven years after the implementation of the KORUS FTA as it now reads.

Of particular note, the KORUS FTA would negatively impact the U.S.-based auto and auto parts manufacturing sectors.

Scott further noted that with the Colombia Free Trade Agreement, recently revived for consideration by the Obama administration, some 60,000 jobs in the U.S. could be displaced
hit the road barack

Glasgow, KY

#46065 Aug 22, 2012
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
But you all throw fits when we blame Bush! Make up your minds ppl lol either you can blame past Presidents or you can't. Make up our minds here and quit using things that fit your arguments
Jeesh!
It's not an either or situation uncle spewie. Facts are facts. The only thing Obama has been consistent about for 4 years is pulling out his big boy book of excuses and blaming everybody and everything for his own failures. It's time we elect a President again that actually wears big boy underwear and stands up like a man and owns his own shit. These teenybopper meltdowns and excuses from Obama are ridiculous and quite embarrassing for the citizens. Just admit it, Obama was in way over his head from day one. Obama is an okay Chicago-style corrupt little politician but as for leading a country he was and is a huge, huge failure. Own it, get over it and move on. I will not give him the benefit of the doubt and hand over 4 more years so he can damage my country and my life some more. He's outta here and forgotten come January 2013.
Tea Party Republican

Abingdon, VA

#46066 Aug 22, 2012
frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? What happened to your rightwing cry of free markets? NAFTA being mostly good for the countries involved! And if American factory workers want to see where their jobs have gone, they'd do better to look east than south. Labor may be cheaper in Mexico, but it's cheaper still in Asia. Chinese workers make about a quarter of what their Mexican counterparts earn. In 2007, the U.S. trade deficit with China hit $256 billion. The deficit with Mexico, despite reaching an all-time high of $74 billion, was less than a third as big, and a lot of it was from buying Mexican oil. The U.S. trade deficit with Canada, which also has a lot of oil, was not far behind at $64 billion. When China joined the World Trade Organization in 2001, Mexico lost much of any advantage that NAFTA gave it. Hundreds of Mexican factories have since closed and also moved to China.
Yes Frank this is true! However it does not tell me why you support it all? You support sending American jobs to China as well, why? NAFTA nor the WTA have helped America in any way. Yet in so many posts you have proven you're support of both! WHY? Both have distroyed the American middle class, which is the backbone of our nation! Why do you support this anti-American agenda was the question? I support America and what is best for this nation and NAFTA nor the WTA have done that!
Zeke

Elkhorn City, KY

#46067 Aug 22, 2012
Bottom line three and a half years !.. Obama dead in the water . One thing we got is liar Obamacare past it before you see whats in it .No jobs ,higher power rates . WE have big bully government ,all build on lies and more lies behind close doors .
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#46068 Aug 22, 2012
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>W and his sorry Daddy proved that you dumbass.
My third grader could come up with a better comeback than that. Oh yeah, she is smarter than you.
Nutz

Harrodsburg, KY

#46070 Aug 22, 2012
hit the road barack wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not an either or situation uncle spewie. Facts are facts. The only thing Obama has been consistent about for 4 years is pulling out his big boy book of excuses and blaming everybody and everything for his own failures. It's time we elect a President again that actually wears big boy underwear and stands up like a man and owns his own shit. These teenybopper meltdowns and excuses from Obama are ridiculous and quite embarrassing for the citizens. Just admit it, Obama was in way over his head from day one. Obama is an okay Chicago-style corrupt little politician but as for leading a country he was and is a huge, huge failure. Own it, get over it and move on. I will not give him the benefit of the doubt and hand over 4 more years so he can damage my country and my life some more. He's outta here and forgotten come January 2013.
Amen. Best I've heard it put. Concise and to the point. He is in way over his head. I think he's a decent enough person, just a complete failure as a leader and POTUS.
Hey

Ashland, KY

#46071 Aug 22, 2012
the Colombia Free Trade Agreement, recently revived for consideration by the Obama administration, some 60,000 jobs in the U.S. could be displaced..

That's friggin awesome eh Frankie!!!
Uncle Tab

United States

#46072 Aug 22, 2012
hit the road barack wrote:
<quoted text>
You all voted Super Stupid Bush twice, which has hot us where we are. Know you hate hearing it, but facts are facts. Romey/Ryan are even worse that Bush. They're actually Smart! They'll do much more damage things are improving slowly, I'll take my chances with who I voted for last time. He's repairing the catostrphic damage he was left with. Can't happen over night.
lol

Bellevue, WA

#46073 Aug 22, 2012
agree
Uncle Tab

United States

#46074 Aug 22, 2012
Tea Party Republican wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Frank this is true! However it does not tell me why you support it all? You support sending American jobs to China as well, why? NAFTA nor the WTA have helped America in any way. Yet in so many posts you have proven you're support of both! WHY? Both have distroyed the American middle class, which is the backbone of our nation! Why do you support this anti-American agenda was the question? I support America and what is best for this nation and NAFTA nor the WTA have done that!
Have to agree, not a fan of NAFTA, perfect way for the super rich to outsource jobs then have the product back here tax free. Winwin for ppl like Romey, that's how he's a millionaire!
Zeke

Elkhorn City, KY

#46075 Aug 22, 2012
Uncle Tab wrote:
<quoted text>
You all voted Super Stupid Bush twice, which has hot us where we are. Know you hate hearing it, but facts are facts. Romey/Ryan are even worse that Bush. They're actually Smart! They'll do much more damage things are improving slowly, I'll take my chances with who I voted for last time. He's repairing the catostrphic damage he was left with. Can't happen over night.
Take it !.. we take ours Uncle spew posting liberal lies .Superfailure Obama has let us down ,he said turn around or one term . More people are waking up so believe in that Tab .
American Lady

Danville, KY

#46076 Aug 22, 2012
American Lady

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
3 min ago

Anti Right Wing Nutjob wrote:
Right wing nutjobs are filthy, anti-American pigs!!!!

American Lady said:
WHY? do you "degrade" your fellow Americans so?
I "really" want to know!
==========

WHY?
American Lady

Danville, KY

#46078 Aug 22, 2012
Feds warn anarchists could blockade roads, use acid-filled eggs to protest conventions

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/22/fe...

Can NOT believe our once GREAT country ...
has come to this.

It IS what iT is...I guess ):
Uncle Tab

United States

#46079 Aug 22, 2012
Zeke wrote:
<quoted text> Take it !.. we take ours Uncle spew posting liberal lies .Superfailure Obama has let us down ,he said turn around or one term . More people are waking up so believe in that Tab .
You remind of an idiot who used to come here named scruffy or something like that. We made a fool out of him nightly. That coward even called the police on me after he threatened to shoot me! lol with you, that idiot, the crazy spamming cat lady who can't keep her mind on one thing longer than 10 seconds..... I can't believe we let nut balls like you vote.

Guess that's why we got Nixon, Reagan, and the Bush's!
Uncle Tab

United States

#46080 Aug 22, 2012
Just a thought, from some of the odd behavior I've seen here in my tri yearly visits..... I now understand why Repubs are so against the government spying on the internet, they're alllllll crazy and couldn't get gun permits or guns lmao

Just sayin!
Jay

Paris, TN

#46081 Aug 22, 2012
Got a question:

Years ago we use to import sandals from Brazil........leather strapped summer style. We use to get purses and leather wallets from Brazil. Where are these things now?

You talk about free trade. Where are the goods from Italy, Germany....hey they make some fine items. Where are the goods that the other countries make. Why do we not trade with them? Have you ever seen the glass items they make in Italy? A friend has a wine decanter and six glasses made in Italy. The workmanship is outstanding.

Well, the good old USA trade = China. You go shopping, turn over 90% of the items and look at the tags: China. Go to Wal-Mart and you can buy a man's suit made in Vietnam. China makes all our electronic items, hand mixers and kitchenware that use to be made in Chicago: Sunbeam. Dishes, glassware, coffee cups, coffee makers - not to mention all other electronics.

Please tell me that Americans can't make all these things again and put half the country back to work. If we were making these items, people would be working full time and we could afford to buy them. Instead workers get rotation shifts of less that 40 hours. This way employers do not have to cover these people for anything. Insurance only covers their butts under worker's comp.

NAFTA, was the death of our country and the lively-hood of the American people. Big mistake. Ya think? Yes/No?

Ok, hit me up!!!
Syl

Ashland, KY

#46082 Aug 22, 2012
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>You do not pay enough taxes to pay for one child in Scool, dumbass.
Have you you ever paid any? No, because you never have worked.Always been to lazy and mooched off others that worked and paid taxes. Hummmmmm... now that's there's less job's, there's going to be less taxes paid. That could mean less money in your welfare check soon.
What happens when this country goes broke? I'd say old wtf will have to shut his dirty mouth and start looking for work. W-O-R-K, that dirty 4 letter word.
Happy nightmares!
Hey

Ashland, KY

#46083 Aug 22, 2012
American Lady wrote:
Feds warn anarchists could blockade roads, use acid-filled eggs to protest conventions
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/08/22/fe...
Can NOT believe our once GREAT country ...
has come to this.
It IS what iT is...I guess ):
I CAN..

We,re quickly becomeing the far eastern places we watch on the television..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
looking for 59 min c-ville playa 1
peddlers mall rip off (May '13) 1 hr Flint Hill Bandit 34
Special Line at WalMart 2 hr Jeff Schwab 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr yabadabado 135,615
Laws of Physics 7 hr LMS 3
Talk Like A Pirate Day (Sep '11) 22 hr _Juneau_ 5
cindy milby Fri mike 2
More from around the web

Campbellsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]