Angry

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 Jan 20, 2012
I cannot stand Taylor Co. RECC. I have lived in my home for almost 9 years now; love the area, within walking distance to stores, quiet, comfortable...except I have to buy from RECC. Before anyone mentions to me how I can live without electricity please save it. You aren't going to and I'm not either. After 9 lovely years in my wonderfully cozy home the main, if not sole, reason I'm going to move is based on my dealings with RECC. Unfortunately I fear that KU probably isn't much better but I cannot stand for the way RECC does business any longer. I literally receive 3 bills a month all showing a different total. I've brought this to their attention before and am always met with dazed stares and am told that shouldn't be happening. That is the end of it. It's never fixed, the next month I get 3 random bills with random charges and to put a cherry on top about every 3 months we get a note on the door if we are lucky saying we didn't pick the correct bill to pay and our electric will be shut off by T-Time tomorrow. I show up, pay whatever they say I didn't pay correctly and we begin the vicious cycle again. Recently I had an issue with the electric...everything just went out. I ran out to see if the neighborly RECC man was turning it off randomly (like what happens about every 4th month as well) and there was no one there so I thought I'd take a trip into the office to see what may be the issue. No one even asked me my name let alone accessed my account information before I was told, along with the rest of the 10 patrons standing there, I just hadn't paid my bill and that's why the service wasn't working. I simply asked if they could take a look at my account to see that wasn't the case, and if there was an error I had a receipt to prove otherwise (you learn to keep those handy too). That was too difficult, so I was ushered to the back and told to wait. A lady came out and yelled, "NEXT", so I determined that was me and I walked back with her. I started to tell her what my concern was and another lady came in and just started showing her pictures. I waited for a good 5 minutes while they looked at baby pictures and at how much weight she had lost since July, and how sweet little daughter is... and then began to repeat what was going on at my house. I'm not going to elaborate if it was fixed or not because I'm not sure that's even the main point to my rant. As much as I abhor topix and silly non-sensical things that are on here most of the time, I just was so angry I had to let my 6000 characters out somewhere. So hopefully if you've had terrible dealings with RECC this may have made you smile a bit because you are not alone. I'm leaving my home of 9 years because I can't stand them anymore. Why any company would just turn the electric off on someone, regardless if they are late or not, in the winter without a courtesy knock is unconscionable. I doubt KU is any better; I certainly won't hold my breath. Sorry for the long diatribe.
scam artists

Bedias, TX

#2 Jan 21, 2012
ku and recc are just a like...the workers are shady and are all over paid and none of them are worth pissing on. especially the dean rhodes who gives the climbing class in somerset. the class is a biggest scam i have ever seen, done talked to several who took the class and no job unless your daddy is sucking the [email protected] of the one who hires at recc!! they get you that way and on electricity...good luck!
Suggestion

Campbellsville, KY

#3 Jan 21, 2012
to Angry: Please contact one of the TV stations that do expose's on stuff like this. This would be a great story and might help others when they are exposed for their wrongdoing. Most of us are rooting for you and want to see these people pay for the pain they have caused others.
o Wonder

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 Jan 21, 2012
Well if some of the older married women had work on their minds it might be different but the stories I have heard makes me believe it's more about something else. LOL
Wondering

Greensburg, KY

#5 Jan 21, 2012
Am I the only person that notices that even months that you KNOW you have used less electricity,your bill will still be higher.What kind of scam is that with there"digital" meters???
rich

Brownsville, KY

#6 Jan 21, 2012
Wife and I did not use AC one whole month back in the fall. Electric bill still was way over $200.00, same as when we had AC on. Then I guess they were not satisfied, they came and changed our meter :O We are using corn/pellet burning stove for heat. HVAC has not been on all winter and last months bill was almost $300.00 dollars! I'm going to do some digging and see if I can't get somebody down here and see what they are doing!
ditto

Campbellsville, KY

#7 Jan 21, 2012
rich wrote:
Wife and I did not use AC one whole month back in the fall. Electric bill still was way over $200.00, same as when we had AC on. Then I guess they were not satisfied, they came and changed our meter We are using corn/pellet burning stove for heat. HVAC has not been on all winter and last months bill was almost $300.00 dollars! I'm going to do some digging and see if I can't get somebody down here and see what they are doing!
That happened to us also. Only my husband and I in our home and we are never there during the day. I had a low bill all year, under 100.00. Then they place a digital meter the price goes up but my habits did not. Then they came again this year and replaced with another digital meter. I totally don't get that. We are at the mercy of the electric company, gas company etc. Just ripping off consumers each day.
Idiots

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 Jan 21, 2012
I've never had KU, but when you think about it..how many KU rants do we see on topix compared to RECC? That should tell you something.
KU customer

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 Jan 21, 2012
Ive never had a problem with KU, my bill was always low and it didn't seem to bother them if I was ever late. My mom has recc and it seems like there always itching to turn hers off and charge her a crazy amount of money to flip it back on.
Ron Simmons

Greensburg, KY

#10 Jan 22, 2012
DAMMNN!!Keep us posted!!DAMMNN!!
Ku office

United States

#11 Jan 22, 2012
ku is no better and they have office staff that think they are better than everyone else! was in there paying my bill one day at one well known “christian“ in there working was talking about how another customer when they left! very sad but its a who you know town to get to work at a place like that
call em

Elizabethtown, KY

#12 Jan 22, 2012
Don't they have people that investigate things like this?

I've lost 2 computers to brown outs..those words came from the tech that looked at my computers.
public service commision

United States

#13 Jan 23, 2012
public service commission! They would love to hear about all of this and yes, they will investigate. Good luck!
Tried it

Nashville, TN

#14 Jan 23, 2012
public service commision wrote:
public service commission! They would love to hear about all of this and yes, they will investigate. Good luck!
I've written to them before.. Plus had friends and family do the same about RECC.. never even so much as got a reply
feelyourpain

Centerville, TX

#15 Jan 23, 2012
My average bill duriing the summer months was about $150 running 2 A/C. Now during the winter months it runs $250 (I heat with wood). When I ask about it they said I must be useing heaters to heat my house. I told them to come and look for themselves to see that I burn wood. The big add on is the Surcharge that is added to your bill and I dont have a clue what that's for. This all started with the new meters. I wrote the public commission and all they do is turn you back over to RECC. We are all screwed because they know there is nothing you or me can do about it. I can't wait til summer so I can use my eletric again and watch my bill go down running 2 A/C.
henandroster

Campbellsville, KY

#16 Jan 23, 2012
feelyourpain wrote:
My average bill duriing the summer months was about $150 running 2 A/C. Now during the winter months it runs $250 (I heat with wood). When I ask about it they said I must be useing heaters to heat my house. I told them to come and look for themselves to see that I burn wood. The big add on is the Surcharge that is added to your bill and I dont have a clue what that's for. This all started with the new meters. I wrote the public commission and all they do is turn you back over to RECC. We are all screwed because they know there is nothing you or me can do about it. I can't wait til summer so I can use my eletric again and watch my bill go down running 2 A/C.
I watch and check my usage every few days.If u do this it may be easier to figure out what was running during periods that use alot of electric.Check how much it used with something on,then next day check it with same appliance off.I was really shocked to find out how much it costs to run some things in my house.
Angry

Lexington, KY

#17 Jan 23, 2012
Before the new digital meters, I always either put my meter reading on the bill where it gave you the option to add the information or I called it in. Out of the blue we had our electricity turned off and when I went to the office to figure out what was going on they told me that I hadn't been providing my meter readings and my bills had all been estimates. I suppose they randomly send out someone to check the meters and what they were estimating compared to what the meter said was way off...to the tune of almost 900.00 I owed off. Needless to say they didn't keep the bills that I had turned in with my meter readings on them nor can anyone ever remember speaking with anyone of course and as embarrassing as it is to admit this we had to live without electricity for quite a while. Not a week or two...a long time. I didn't have 900.00 to pay them, they wouldn't allow us to make payments along with our monthly bills to get caught up even though it was their fault, and I was told I made too much to get any assistance at the time. So, myself who was a cancer patient at the time and my spouse who is also ill tried to make due best as possible without electricity like we were the Ingalls on the prarie. That was the first trouble we had with them years ago and literally after I finally saved up enough money to get our electric back it's been every month to every other month issue after issue. Everyone is having a hard time now, between gas being outrageous to utilities going through the roof and groceries are unbelievable as well, but they show no remorse or responsibility for any issues they have or make for their customers. I will be with them another month or two while the moving process begins and I plan on keeping a daily log of meter usage and what we use in my 2 bedroom apartment. I will keep you updated on the mess I have to deal with in that time and if I actually get my deposit back upon departure. Maybe we can start taking bets on if I do or not. I really do appreciate the responses letting us know we aren't alone. I hope our ordeal has let others know they aren't alone as well.
lowgo

Trinity, TX

#18 Jan 24, 2012
Angry wrote:
Before the new digital meters, I always either put my meter reading on the bill where it gave you the option to add the information or I called it in. Out of the blue we had our electricity turned off and when I went to the office to figure out what was going on they told me that I hadn't been providing my meter readings and my bills had all been estimates. I suppose they randomly send out someone to check the meters and what they were estimating compared to what the meter said was way off...to the tune of almost 900.00 I owed off. Needless to say they didn't keep the bills that I had turned in with my meter readings on them nor can anyone ever remember speaking with anyone of course and as embarrassing as it is to admit this we had to live without electricity for quite a while. Not a week or two...a long time. I didn't have 900.00 to pay them, they wouldn't allow us to make payments along with our monthly bills to get caught up even though it was their fault, and I was told I made too much to get any assistance at the time. So, myself who was a cancer patient at the time and my spouse who is also ill tried to make due best as possible without electricity like we were the Ingalls on the prarie. That was the first trouble we had with them years ago and literally after I finally saved up enough money to get our electric back it's been every month to every other month issue after issue. Everyone is having a hard time now, between gas being outrageous to utilities going through the roof and groceries are unbelievable as well, but they show no remorse or responsibility for any issues they have or make for their customers. I will be with them another month or two while the moving process begins and I plan on keeping a daily log of meter usage and what we use in my 2 bedroom apartment. I will keep you updated on the mess I have to deal with in that time and if I actually get my deposit back upon departure. Maybe we can start taking bets on if I do or not. I really do appreciate the responses letting us know we aren't alone. I hope our ordeal has let others know they aren't alone as well.
SOunds like you were trying to save a little money by putting less than what you should have on the bill and after awhile such low amounts drew their attention.I bet if you had put on the bill the correct amount you wouldn't have owed 900 or anything for that matter.It shouldn't be used as a loan to yourself.
double negative

Elizabethtown, KY

#19 Jan 24, 2012
Sounds like a lot of people don't have a clue about how to read a bill.
LowerBill

Clarkson, KY

#20 Apr 13, 2012
I know this goes against all of the above but the bill I just got was over $100 lower than the previous one. I attribute it to the warmer weather and less use of electric heat and air. You don't see posts like this one, so I thought I would be different. Anyone else out there get a lower bill this month?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr realigios freedom 163,802
TPX warning to Seahag has been violated! 20 hr Viper 1
Zija is a Scam (Feb '11) Wed AMO 1,254
Josh mahan haha Wed Love me hate me 1
Ink spill at Emerald Isle Marina- CLOSED! Wed Walter 2
Schoolteachers with Racist Spouses Wed Gummy 10
Road Change of Name May 23 MADD as hell 1

Campbellsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Campbellsville Mortgages