How do you sign up for toys for tots?

Posted in the Campbellsville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jen

Brownsville, KY

#1 Nov 17, 2008
Can someone please tell me more about it?
REAL

AOL

#2 Nov 17, 2008
I'm pretty sure that u should contact the rescue or fire dept and speak to someone there...my neighbor was in need a couple years ago and i believe that is what she did...
info

Cullowhee, NC

#3 Nov 17, 2008
Toys for TOTS ride
11/22/2008
Toys for TOTS The Green County Southern Cruizers will be sponsoring a Toys for TOTS ride on November 22nd, 2008, sign in begins at 11am CT at the IGA parking lot in Greensburg; registration fee is $10 per person or a $10 toy, all proceeds raised will go to the children of Green County. For anyone who may not be able to attend and would like to donate a toy, you may drop it off at the City of Greensburg. The Southern Cruizers would like to invite everyone out for this big event for the children of Greensburg & Green County.
me also

Hawesville, KY

#4 Nov 17, 2008
Jen wrote:
I'd like to know too.
Real

AOL

#5 Nov 17, 2008
i thought u were asking how to receive toys from Toys for Tots..if that nis what u meant contact the rescus or fire dept in the county u reside, they will have all the information for you.
Jen

Lexington, KY

#6 Nov 17, 2008
Thank you your information was helpful, and for everyone else needing the info they said registration will be posted in the CKNJ this week or next.
Amy

Buffalo, TX

#7 Nov 17, 2008
Call the Crisis Center or Call the Rescue Squad for Toys for Tots. Don't forget the Fire Dept. does the Toys for Kids and all you would have to do is contact them.
vic

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 Nov 17, 2008
Amy wrote:
Call the Crisis Center or Call the Rescue Squad for Toys for Tots. Don't forget the Fire Dept. does the Toys for Kids and all you would have to do is contact them.
Or get a JOB.
Die Frau

Campbellsville, KY

#9 Nov 17, 2008
Jen wrote:
The counselor at your kids school can help you. Hopefully its not too late. You can get clothes, toys etc.
Die Frau

Campbellsville, KY

#10 Nov 17, 2008
vic wrote:
<quoted text>Or get a JOB.
You know what that is very mean. Times are hard right now and the jobs are few and far between. Maybe you should help. Again that is soooooo mean
Info

Cullowhee, NC

#11 Nov 17, 2008
You know people do have jobs, and most of them around here only pay minimum wage. Not only that but the factory's have been laying people off. Look at what wilbert's and MMUS did. How many people got laid off from their jobs there, so what are they suppose to do for the holidays.
concerned_poet

Lexington, KY

#12 Nov 17, 2008
I'm glad that we have Toys for Tots around here. I do not use it but I think it's wonderful that people who want to do something for someone else have a way to do that. I have friends that work at Wilbert and they are going to have to wait for Tax time for Christmas for their kids. It's a wonder what a lot of people are going to do this year. With the economy the way it is, people are really having to learn different ways to do things. God bless everyone who is struggling, I hope you all find a way through this mess.
truth

Campbellsville, KY

#13 Nov 17, 2008
sell your computor and get off the internet.That bill will save you some money. I work to get my stuff and yeah may need to cut back some. Let me ask this are you on food stamps too?
interagency

Franklin, TN

#14 Nov 17, 2008
I was recently at a meeting about the holiday helpline and this is the info that we received. You will need to wait until the phone numbers are published in the local paper and on the radio station. The helpline will open Dec 1 and go through the 5th and possibily the hours are 10-6. This year they are planning to have more phone lines and longer hours so hopefully everyone that needs assistance will get their name on the list. No walk ins will be accepted and no one that did not get their name on the list during the week the helpline is open will be served. So watch for those numbers and call early. You will only be served by one agency. You cannot be on the list at school, resuce, fire and angle tree all at the same time. This cuts down on duplication of services. That's why everyone needing help is supposed to call the helpline only.
curious

Elizabethtown, KY

#15 Nov 17, 2008
vic wrote:
Why don't you have a little compassion. Lots of people that have jobs need help too. Besides, why should kids have to suffer. Why is it everytime somebody needs help on here, people got to show their a**es
brendahaskins

Blacklick, OH

#16 Nov 18, 2008
well this time iam in need of toys for my angelof grand children i have four beautiful grand daughts there age are seven ,four ,three ,two year old. well if some one to help please email at haskins [email protected] merry christmas,happy new year
here you go

Hodgenville, KY

#17 Nov 18, 2008
No disrepect intended here..I get lots of my Xmas gifts for my kids at the Consigment shops..They are lightly used but everything works fine on them.
If the older kids ask for someting I try to get them one thing they realy want and the rest I get a consigment.My 2 and 3 yr old want know the difference in a used toy and brand new one.It be broke in a week anyway
Between us we have 5 kids to get toys/clothes for.I work 40-50 hrs a wk. He works 2 jobs total of 50-60hrs a wk.But with 5 kids it take lots of food and we bought a house so most of our maoney in food ,clothing and shelter.
If if you have jobs money don't go very far.I consider my self very practical and watch every penny...I get my clothes at consigment and anything else I can find I need.

Lots of times I find new toys at consigment that kids got for gifts they all ready had one so their parent sold the other.
I hunt for stuff all year and put it in the attic.
Put in a pretty box on birthdays and Xmas and they don't seem to care.
Our 10-12 yr old will get something that he really want and the others will take anything they don't really care yet.
if they ask for a Barbie doll etc I will get as near as i can to it.
When we were growing up we got lots of hand me downs and I can't say that I suffered on bit from it.
Mom always got us one good gift and the rest was clothes that she made.
It was the Love and Care that we received the rest of the year that really mattered.
But yes kids do want what they want.
I wish you Luck but don't beat your self up if they don't get everything they ask for.
Recycle old stuff good for the enviroment.Go green
good job

Elizabethtown, KY

#18 Nov 18, 2008
here you go wrote:
No disrepect intended here..I get lots of my Xmas gifts for my kids at the Consigment shops..They are lightly used but everything works fine on them.
If the older kids ask for someting I try to get them one thing they realy want and the rest I get a consigment.My 2 and 3 yr old want know the difference in a used toy and brand new one.It be broke in a week anyway
Between us we have 5 kids to get toys/clothes for.I work 40-50 hrs a wk. He works 2 jobs total of 50-60hrs a wk.But with 5 kids it take lots of food and we bought a house so most of our maoney in food ,clothing and shelter.
If if you have jobs money don't go very far.I consider my self very practical and watch every penny...I get my clothes at consigment and anything else I can find I need.
Lots of times I find new toys at consigment that kids got for gifts they all ready had one so their parent sold the other.
I hunt for stuff all year and put it in the attic.
Put in a pretty box on birthdays and Xmas and they don't seem to care.
Our 10-12 yr old will get something that he really want and the others will take anything they don't really care yet.
if they ask for a Barbie doll etc I will get as near as i can to it.
When we were growing up we got lots of hand me downs and I can't say that I suffered on bit from it.
Mom always got us one good gift and the rest was clothes that she made.
It was the Love and Care that we received the rest of the year that really mattered.
But yes kids do want what they want.
I wish you Luck but don't beat your self up if they don't get everything they ask for.
Recycle old stuff good for the enviroment.Go green
This is how it's done. You plan ahead & do for yourself. GOOD FOR YOU!!!
WOW

AOL

#19 Nov 18, 2008
it really is hard times for a lot of ppl maybe everyone could pull 2gether and help each other rather than bash someone for asking for help...u have no idea what their circumstances may be or what they go through..what the hell ever happen to compassion?
Angel

Elizabethtown, KY

#20 Nov 18, 2008
vic wrote:
Some people have disabilities and can not "get a job."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Paul 163,879
HWY 55 and Long Valley road,............ 4 hr Mannsville Mafia 1
Who got shot last night 6 hr Jody 3
Cute girl at long john silvers 7 hr Teresa 5
Melvin the Goose ransom note,........ 10 hr Mannsville Mafia 3
Schoolteachers with Racist Spouses 13 hr Bona 11
point pleasant (Mar '13) 13 hr Bona 5

Campbellsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance