Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated Jan 28, 2012
Bad Boy

Leitchfield, KY

#1 Jun 4, 2008
Amoung the worst is Officer Ben Riggs.. I know several people he will harass and bother just because they fit a certain criteria, example, crummy car, cheap clothes, any one Black. My buddy was pulled over by him once for "no left turn signal" hah.. he was then asked to step out of the car (he had a very clean car inside and out) he took a field sobriety test followed by a Breathlyzer.. he passed the breathlyzer 0.0bac but Officer Ben Riggs Said he failed the field test so he would have to go to the hospital draw blood and spend a night in jail. The next day he got out of jail and in the following two weeks Ben riggs saw him out driving and stopped him twice. Harassing him, asking him where he had been or was going. He even crossed the road from Subway to Godfathers and Riggs Pulled up to him and made him empty his pockets and do another field test. I've heard several complaints about him from others but when Tim Coppages underage son was caught driving WITHOUT a license, Ben Riggs looked the other way and told him to get home.. He just holds everyone to there own standard..

Tell me if you have heard of any of the Police in town that are crooked.. besides Brian Pickard.
dls

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 May 9, 2011
tey are all bad
Good Boy

United States

#3 May 9, 2011
Ben Riggs is a outstanding police officer as well as a good person. Its people like you that call bad cops because they do their job. If they were to slack off on their job then their would be alot more crime and drugs in our are than their already is. Your comment about Tim Coppage is also false I know Tim and his son Jordan and he has never been pulled over without a license so get your facts straight before you start running your mouth and if you were a law abiding citizen then you wouldnt have anything to say about any of our police officers
Idiots

Elizabethtown, KY

#4 May 9, 2011
How exactly is he doing his job by harassing the same kid multiple times? Seems the cop was bitter he was wrong the first time. If the story is true and not fabricated, then that's pitiful but I'm not surprised. People are stupid to think cops in small towns don't play favorites and harass the "weird looking people"
dvm

Vine Grove, KY

#5 May 9, 2011
some good some bad just like any other job,get over it
Hottie

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 May 11, 2011
Bad Boy wrote:
Amoung the worst is Officer Ben Riggs.. I know several people he will harass and bother just because they fit a certain criteria, example, crummy car, cheap clothes, any one Black. My buddy was pulled over by him once for "no left turn signal" hah.. he was then asked to step out of the car (he had a very clean car inside and out) he took a field sobriety test followed by a Breathlyzer.. he passed the breathlyzer 0.0bac but Officer Ben Riggs Said he failed the field test so he would have to go to the hospital draw blood and spend a night in jail. The next day he got out of jail and in the following two weeks Ben riggs saw him out driving and stopped him twice. Harassing him, asking him where he had been or was going. He even crossed the road from Subway to Godfathers and Riggs Pulled up to him and made him empty his pockets and do another field test. I've heard several complaints about him from others but when Tim Coppages underage son was caught driving WITHOUT a license, Ben Riggs looked the other way and told him to get home.. He just holds everyone to there own standard..
Tell me if you have heard of any of the Police in town that are crooked.. besides Brian Pickard.
Well he likes to beat on people too once they are cuffed i would turn his ass in if i was ur friend i dont know what good it would do but its worth a try anyway i mean they wouldnt do anything for me but they judge me so there ya go i wish u lots of luck with it i know he is crooked as they come!!
pissed off

Campbellsville, KY

#7 May 11, 2011
ben sucks
Just me

Elizabethtown, KY

#8 May 12, 2011
They're all crooked because they can be. Every one of them plays favorites in one situation or another and most of them would screw any girl that's willing to open her legs, whether she's underage or not. Nothing will ever change because that's just the way cops are, it's not just the cville ones.
free

Elizabethtown, KY

#9 May 12, 2011
You ever heard of politics?? It's who you know and blow!!.....
LMS

Elizabethtown, KY

#10 May 26, 2011
dls wrote:
tey are all bad
To you, yes I am sure they are.
LMS

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 May 26, 2011
Good Boy wrote:
Ben Riggs is a outstanding police officer as well as a good person. Its people like you that call bad cops because they do their job. If they were to slack off on their job then their would be alot more crime and drugs in our are than their already is. Your comment about Tim Coppage is also false I know Tim and his son Jordan and he has never been pulled over without a license so get your facts straight before you start running your mouth and if you were a law abiding citizen then you wouldnt have anything to say about any of our police officers
I work in Lebanon, some of my family works in Danville and E-town and everyone talks about the Campbellsville police dept.and if you think that there is not more corruption in this town than others, you are kidding yourself. It's been documented. I have a teenage son and he has been harassed endlessly as has his friends.
No kidding

Harrodsburg, KY

#12 Jan 28, 2012
LMS wrote:
<quoted text>I work in Lebanon, some of my family works in Danville and E-town and everyone talks about the Campbellsville police dept.and if you think that there is not more corruption in this town than others, you are kidding yourself. It's been documented. I have a teenage son and he has been harassed endlessly as has his friends.
Campbellsville is a joke!
Kim

White House, TN

#13 Jan 28, 2012
Yea, officer Riggs had alot of fun harassing me for yrs until I moved across town. He stopped me walking once and gave me a breathalyzer. When I passed, he cuffed me anyway and said I had to go to the hospital to be blood tested anyway. When I said that was bull***, he slammed me against the car already cuffed and smacked my head into the door putting me in the back.(I'm 5'1"- 110lbs)When my blood test at the hospital came back to my own prescriptions, he was furious. After that he pulled me over three time in two weeks until I finally threatened to turn him in. Nice huh?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#14 Jan 28, 2012
Check out this video...
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/...
This cop actually did face disciplinary actions but truth is, it's hard to dispute the word of someone who's the utmost authority in doing the right thing. Sad:( YouTube has MANY crooked cops videos! I would suggest everyone carry a video camera of some sort. They don't like it when u record them and most all I've seen try to bully the video-er into giving up their cameras!
Hmmmm

Elizabethtown, KY

#15 Jan 28, 2012
I'm curious as heck why in the world you wouldn't have filed a complaint the very FIRST time you were harassed? It sure wouldn't take a second time for me and certainly not a third time!! Geesh! Policemen are not some sort of infallible, nor perfect being. They're just people, like everyone else. Some can take that badge to degrees it should never go.
If they are in the wrong or stopping you without cause, especially repeatedly, by all means, report them.
That way, the chief will have to look seriously at the officer when the next person reports him. Officers can lose their jobs for that sort of nonsense.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#16 Jan 28, 2012
Hmmmm wrote:
I'm curious as heck why in the world you wouldn't have filed a complaint the very FIRST time you were harassed? It sure wouldn't take a second time for me and certainly not a third time!! Geesh! Policemen are not some sort of infallible, nor perfect being. They're just people, like everyone else. Some can take that badge to degrees it should never go.
If they are in the wrong or stopping you without cause, especially repeatedly, by all means, report them.
That way, the chief will have to look seriously at the officer when the next person reports him. Officers can lose their jobs for that sort of nonsense.
Report them to whom? Ever tried to file a complaint on an officer to an officer? They don't keep blank forms at the PD window. Not like u can walk up and take one and drop it back off anonymously. If u ever get as far as filing a complaint...u WILL pay...just saying :)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why MOD 38 min LMS 1
Why LMS? 39 min LMS 2
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 48 min Buzz Brain 1,455
Friday Early Release BS 1 hr LMS 7
Homeless ...Need a place to Live 1 hr LMS 2
Firefighter Training Center 1 hr LMS 2
We Love You Karma 1 hr LMS 106
Police Office shoots cow. It is Black 1 hr LMS 37
Zija is a Scam (Feb '11) Aug 25 LMS 1,136
•••