amazon.com Importing jobs to Campbell...

amazon.com Importing jobs to Campbellsville while ignoring local help

Posted in the Campbellsville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
X amazon worker

AOL

#1 Nov 30, 2010
Is it just me, or does anyone else find the idea of Amazon.com , bringing in people from all over the country to work for them, kinda crappy? There are people here in Campbellsville who need jobs and Amazon goes elsewhere to get help.(That really sucks Amazon). If you have ever worked for amazon.com in the past, and you have been terminated for any reason, then you are no longer allowed to work for amazon for life! For example,(and I'm not talking about myself here) If you had low numbers in scanning, absent too many times because of the kids, maybe had a disagreement at work with someone, horseplay, etc. and were terminated, You are no longer allowed to work for amazon.com . For LIFE! Even if it was YEARS ago. This came from the the Amazon.com HR dept. in Campbellsville KY.
If you are a felon and try to get hired on at staff management and it has not been 7 years since your crime, forget it your not hireable.
If something minor happened years ago at amazon and you were terminated, then I think they should consider rehiring that person. I know back in the day, Amazon went through a period when they would basically fire you for nothing. Get a pissed of area manager and your terminated because they had a bad day. Boom! No longer eligible to work at amazon for life.
I have been told that amazon may consider letting people with absentee history work for amazon through staff mgnt. But anyone else? Sorry about your luck. SOL!
I have a feeling, that bringing in all of this help from out of state instead of hiring locally, was a big factor in Brenda Allen not getting re-elected. If you give big companies, incentives to come to Campbellsville, tax breaks, etc. and then not help the people who elected you, then you shouldn't be representing us.
I think that if someone can do something about this they should. I really don't know who that person or entity would be. But Amazon.com is giving the Local unemployed Campbellsville people the shaft!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#2 Nov 30, 2010
Look around, 80% of cville don't want to work. 10% are criminals, the remaining 10% are the only good hard-working people (which I am hoping you are one of those good 10%).
truth

Grapeland, TX

#3 Nov 30, 2010
Amazon is not a local company. How many facilities does Amazon have worldwide?
You and several others have screwed up. Their policy is zero tolerance. Screw up, hit the road.

This policy comes from Amazon and had absolutely nothing to do with Brenda Allen. Brenda could not change their policy nor can Tony.

There are PLENTY of other companies that won't let you back once you are terminated. Tough luck. Next time, be a better employee.
wooooooo

Lebanon, KY

#4 Nov 30, 2010
truth wrote:
Amazon is not a local company. How many facilities does Amazon have worldwide?
You and several others have screwed up. Their policy is zero tolerance. Screw up, hit the road.
This policy comes from Amazon and had absolutely nothing to do with Brenda Allen. Brenda could not change their policy nor can Tony.
There are PLENTY of other companies that won't let you back once you are terminated. Tough luck. Next time, be a better employee.
go play with your Mr.cook u idiot,. make them pay back the tax breaks they got.
truth

Grapeland, TX

#5 Dec 1, 2010
wooooooo wrote:
<quoted text> go play with your Mr.cook u idiot,. make them pay back the tax breaks they got.
What does Mr. Cook have to do with anything? Have you some sort of problem?

Why should they have to pay back tax breaks? Take away any of the tax breaks given to any company in Kentucky and you will find them in Tennessee or somewhere else. Kentucky lures businesses into the state by the use of tax breaks. No tax breaks, no jobs.

You must have been fired from Amazon.
hahaha

Elizabethtown, KY

#6 Dec 1, 2010
Looks like the Amazon campers are making more money than the regular employees. According to a news report, http://www.campbellsville.com/wp/... they are making around $15 an hour. Sounds like if anyone wants a seasonal job they should go buy a camper rather than trying to go through Staff Management.
wooooooo

Lebanon, KY

#7 Dec 1, 2010
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
What does Mr. Cook have to do with anything? Have you some sort of problem?
Why should they have to pay back tax breaks? Take away any of the tax breaks given to any company in Kentucky and you will find them in Tennessee or somewhere else. Kentucky lures businesses into the state by the use of tax breaks. No tax breaks, no jobs.
You must have been fired from Amazon.
the taxes your so-called local monkey squad give them, and the money put out by your local leader's for the camp ground, to pad their Own pocket. its time to impeach all remaining official in the elected officers here in cville and Taylor county. and have a special election to replace them.

Now i bet they wish they had vote all of them out. the start now for the next election
wooooooo

Lebanon, KY

#8 Dec 1, 2010
hahaha wrote:
Looks like the Amazon campers are making more money than the regular employees. According to a news report, http://www.campbellsville.com/wp/... they are making around $15 an hour. Sounds like if anyone wants a seasonal job they should go buy a camper rather than trying to go through Staff Management.
you notice hey did not interview the people that have live here all their live. WHY? because they would get a differnt point of view
JohnDoe

Henderson, KY

#9 Dec 10, 2010
What can Amazon do if people in Campbellsville are too lazy to work?
Human Compassion

Means, KY

#10 Dec 11, 2010
JohnDoe wrote:
What can Amazon do if people in Campbellsville are too lazy to work?
Try looking at each employee differently.We all have different circumstances going on in our lives that we are sometimes not in control of.Point out,use all personal time,sick days,FMLA and vacation?One can go through all these in a short time span when a child is ill,a parent is ill or a spouse is ill,or you yourself become ill.Some people never miss for years ,then all of a sudden they're hit with one bombshell after another.All these happening in one year ,it gets used up very quickly.Amazon makes no acceptions on hardships such as these.Fruit of The Loom was compassionate towards people and their families when they were in Campbellsville.Everyone was like a big family.Amazon has a long way to go ,to ever treat their employees like they did.CEO'S and big wigs is what closed Fruit.Amazon is willing to budget big money for the Campers and Temps every year,but their full-time workers can bearly scrape by on what they get payed.Yet they have all this money to give to strangers every year.The message is:"WE NEED THEM".Not one time have they put themselves out there for one full-time person and said"WE NEED YOU".What does this tell you?Why support a Company who treats their employees less than others?Do any of you realize Amazon requires their employees to put their Christmas on hold till after you the customer have had your Christmas?We are so tired after the 55 ,60 hour weeks that all we do is sleep during the little time we are allotted off.We work very hard to give customers a great Christmas,while we sacrifice our families Christmas.We have to work,we have no other choices available to us.Amazon is the "BIG DOG".Their saying to their employees is"IF YOU CANNOT RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS ,THEN LAY ON THE PORCH".Thats all we do on our off days ,no family time,too tired,no going out ,too tired.None of you who order from Amazon know the sacrifices the employees go through.The office people and big wigs get off.They're not busting their butts for your Christmas ,the people on the work floor are doing that.Remember that everytime you order at Christmas.The Picker,Packer,Shipper,Loader and Trucker are sacrificing for you.Amazon could do a lot better by their employees.Treating us like humans ,instead of like race-horses would be a start.Amem and Amen
Amazon Customer

Elizabethtown, KY

#11 Dec 12, 2010
Remember, every time you order from Amazon, you are providing work for someone.
Human Compassion

Means, KY

#12 Dec 12, 2010
Amazon Customer wrote:
Remember, every time you order from Amazon, you are providing work for someone.
This is noted.Yes,work ,but no compassion or decent wage for their employees.The G.M.,OPs Managers,AMs and Office Personell and Campers and Staff M. get all the incentives.While our Christmas is put on hold til Jan.with our families.Life at Amazon is just that"A Life Sentence".When there is no other jobs around ,[and they know this]you tend to treat full timers like they can take you or leave you.But,they "NEED" THE TEMPS AND CAMPERS".You ,they don't need so much.Re-read the sacrifices employees make just for the shopper,yet we are never given the respect for all that work.Very little pay and bearly scraping by ,while you enjoy your Christmas with your family ,have you ever given thanks to God one time for those of us who make all these sacrifices for your Christmas.I'd say you never think of us after you've gotten what we worked hard to get to you.Shoppers are sometimes so self-absorbed with their ownselves and needs ,they seldom think of those picking,packing and shipping their orders.Do you?
long time zonie

Greensburg, KY

#13 Dec 13, 2010
Human Compassion wrote:
<quoted text>Try looking at each employee differently.We all have different circumstances going on in our lives that we are sometimes not in control of.Point out,use all personal time,sick days,FMLA and vacation?One can go through all these in a short time span when a child is ill,a parent is ill or a spouse is ill,or you yourself become ill.Some people never miss for years ,then all of a sudden they're hit with one bombshell after another.All these happening in one year ,it gets used up very quickly.Amazon makes no acceptions on hardships such as these.Fruit of The Loom was compassionate towards people and their families when they were in Campbellsville.Everyone was like a big family.Amazon has a long way to go ,to ever treat their employees like they did.CEO'S and big wigs is what closed Fruit.Amazon is willing to budget big money for the Campers and Temps every year,but their full-time workers can bearly scrape by on what they get payed.Yet they have all this money to give to strangers every year.The message is:"WE NEED THEM".Not one time have they put themselves out there for one full-time person and said"WE NEED YOU".What does this tell you?Why support a Company who treats their employees less than others?Do any of you realize Amazon requires their employees to put their Christmas on hold till after you the customer have had your Christmas?We are so tired after the 55 ,60 hour weeks that all we do is sleep during the little time we are allotted off.We work very hard to give customers a great Christmas,while we sacrifice our families Christmas.We have to work,we have no other choices available to us.Amazon is the "BIG DOG".Their saying to their employees is"IF YOU CANNOT RUN WITH THE BIG DOGS ,THEN LAY ON THE PORCH".Thats all we do on our off days ,no family time,too tired,no going out ,too tired.None of you who order from Amazon know the sacrifices the employees go through.The office people and big wigs get off.They're not busting their butts for your Christmas ,the people on the work floor are doing that.Remember that everytime you order at Christmas.The Picker,Packer,Shipper,Loader and Trucker are sacrificing for you.Amazon could do a lot better by their employees.Treating us like humans ,instead of like race-horses would be a start.Amem and Amen
You sound very hurt with Amazon I hope everything get better for you.
With that said I want to say how graeful I am to Amazon.I been in SDF1 since they opened the doors in 1999.For the first six years I never missed a day other then what was allowed.In the last two years I had to be off sick alot.I took leaves and got FMLA.SDF1 has been very good to me and my family.I was thinking about quiting because I hate to miss work so much but my AM and Ops ask me to stay if I could but they repect my decision if I felt like I needed to quit.I stayed for now but my health going downhill fast so I want be able to hang on long.
Like I said I been htere for a long time and anytime I need to be off I never had a problem of course I just miss for sickness and family death.
I work hard when I am there and even though I am in bad health I can get the goal for my job.I stay on task and don't play around or talk so it not hard for me to reach goal.
As far as Christmas and holidays for the first five years we pretty well work them all but the last three years we got off all the major holidays.
I feel like the wages are pretty fair since we got between 4-5 dollars for VCP last month and fulltime zonies gets insurance that you would have to pay 5-6 hundred a month for if you didn't have any.
I just hope I can work a few more years.It has its ups and downs but any where you work will have it draw backs.
If you are in good health be glad and make the best out of that that you can.
Human Compassion

Means, KY

#14 Dec 13, 2010
long time zonie wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound very hurt with Amazon I hope everything get better for you.
With that said I want to say how graeful I am to Amazon.I been in SDF1 since they opened the doors in 1999.For the first six years I never missed a day other then what was allowed.In the last two years I had to be off sick alot.I took leaves and got FMLA.SDF1 has been very good to me and my family.I was thinking about quiting because I hate to miss work so much but my AM and Ops ask me to stay if I could but they repect my decision if I felt like I needed to quit.I stayed for now but my health going downhill fast so I want be able to hang on long.
Like I said I been htere for a long time and anytime I need to be off I never had a problem of course I just miss for sickness and family death.
I work hard when I am there and even though I am in bad health I can get the goal for my job.I stay on task and don't play around or talk so it not hard for me to reach goal.
As far as Christmas and holidays for the first five years we pretty well work them all but the last three years we got off all the major holidays.
I feel like the wages are pretty fair since we got between 4-5 dollars for VCP last month and fulltime zonies gets insurance that you would have to pay 5-6 hundred a month for if you didn't have any.
I just hope I can work a few more years.It has its ups and downs but any where you work will have it draw backs.
If you are in good health be glad and make the best out of that that you can.
The whole point of my comment,was the fact that I myself am ill,have been ill,family members are ill.I would not have mentioned how fast one can use up whats available to them otherwise.I've never been one to miss work ,I've always worked hard on my many jobs.If they ask you to not quit,how nice of them.Most do not get that courtesy offer.Depends greatly on who you are and who you know.Majority they could care less about,unless you are in a Leadership position,sometimes that helps.I've always loved my work at Amazon and the people I work closely with.Amazon needs to restructure and consider each person on an individual basis.Then and only then will they truly be a company worthy of the committed people they've overlooked and ignored all these years.Most people who have been with Amazon for years and years,their bodies are giving out on them.Their feet,ankles,legs,knees,arms,el bows,hands,hip joints,shoulder joints and stress levels during peak are pushed to the limit.Good luck to you and your health situations.Amazon does not rehire if you get sick and have to quit.Another rule that is very uncompassionate towards those who have worked hard for them.When a hardship hits,you never see it coming.When many hit you get caught up in a whirlwind and cannot regain your balance.Com passion reaches down and gives you a hand to pull you up, before you go over the edge.Too many times people do not realize the person or persons they work beside of are on their last leg.Some simply just don't want to involve themselves or take the time to help them get back up.Suicide is so prevalent during the holidays because no one pays attention,no one cares enough to notice the very people they say they know and care about.
not lazy

Greensburg, KY

#15 Dec 14, 2010
JohnDoe wrote:
What can Amazon do if people in Campbellsville are too lazy to work?
we are not lazy we just will not work for a company that treats ther people like crap and amazon sure dose that john douch
not lazy

Greensburg, KY

#16 Dec 14, 2010
and dave r is a prick
creach

Elizabethtown, KY

#17 Dec 14, 2010
Human Compassion wrote:
<quoted text>This is noted.Yes,work ,but no compassion or decent wage for their employees.The G.M.,OPs Managers,AMs and Office Personell and Campers and Staff M. get all the incentives.While our Christmas is put on hold til Jan.with our families.Life at Amazon is just that"A Life Sentence".When there is no other jobs around ,[and they know this]you tend to treat full timers like they can take you or leave you.But,they "NEED" THE TEMPS AND CAMPERS".You ,they don't need so much.Re-read the sacrifices employees make just for the shopper,yet we are never given the respect for all that work.Very little pay and bearly scraping by ,while you enjoy your Christmas with your family ,have you ever given thanks to God one time for those of us who make all these sacrifices for your Christmas.I'd say you never think of us after you've gotten what we worked hard to get to you.Shoppers are sometimes so self-absorbed with their ownselves and needs ,they seldom think of those picking,packing and shipping their orders.Do you?
I am supposed to think about the pickers, packers and shippers when I am doing my shopping? I appreciate what everyone does for a living and know that it takes all levels of employment to make businesses run but you are really wallowing in self-pity if you think everyone is self-absorbed when they don't think specifically of the job you may be doing while they are shopping for gifts for friends and loved ones. Who is the one who is a bit self absorbed in that scenerio?
Human Compassion

Means, KY

#18 Dec 14, 2010
creach wrote:
<quoted text>
I am supposed to think about the pickers, packers and shippers when I am doing my shopping? I appreciate what everyone does for a living and know that it takes all levels of employment to make businesses run but you are really wallowing in self-pity if you think everyone is self-absorbed when they don't think specifically of the job you may be doing while they are shopping for gifts for friends and loved ones. Who is the one who is a bit self absorbed in that scenerio?
Are you feeling any guilt over my missing yet another Christmas with my little ones?No ,I'd say not.Just as I said .No one is thinking of those who put their lives on hold just so they can have a nice Christmas.Human Compassion? I'd say you have no clue about that.Being the self-absorbed ,all about me ,never thinking of who gets your orders to you on time.Yea,you described yourself perfectly.You have a nice Christmas on Christmas Day.I'll have mine after you get yours.No self-pity here.Only for my family having to sacrifice for people such as yourself.Enjoy all your self absorbed thoughts as well,absorb them into yourself.
Mike

Columbia, KY

#19 Dec 14, 2010
Just shut the plant down! I am sure one day there will be a class action against Amazon and I wonder how many from Campbellsville will jump on that situation!!!
Right

Means, KY

#20 Dec 15, 2010
Mike wrote:
Just shut the plant down! I am sure one day there will be a class action against Amazon and I wonder how many from Campbellsville will jump on that situation!!!
Bunches ,I'd say.Breaks cut in half,not enough break space or bathrooms for those 1300 more that are brought in for over a month.They settled with one guy they wrongfully fired a year or so back.Hear through the grapevine theres more to come.Tablets of info on incidents over a period of 2 years has surfaced.Rumor that someone overdosed in Amazons parking lot has surfaced.Thats being looked into.Allowing an employee to leave in a distraught mind after being raked over the coals ,is at best contributing to that persons state of mind .What does this say about how concerned they are about people who work for them?A stomach pump later ,followed by evaluations before going home.I'm wondering if they even gave this person a second thought.Did they call,did any of the co-workers call to check?I'm again guessing "NO".Forget attending a funeral.It is one of the most dead feeling bunch anyone has ever worked with.One would be in the ground before a sliver of care was extended.Worked there for way too many years.You really get the message loud and clear, just who really cares about what your going through,when not one person checks on your progress.Its only a work relationship.Thats it.No thought of anyone otherwise.Cold as the dead.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 41 min ChromiuMan 174,791
David Salyers (Sep '15) Thu JUST SAYIN 4
Police Chase and then Shooting Thu wonder 4
Where do the college girls party? Thu Slut banger 3
Phillips Agriculture (Dec '09) Thu Sotrue 42
murikami pay?? Apr 18 curious 1
College Guys Apr 18 Asking 1

Campbellsville Jobs

Personal Finance

Campbellsville Mortgages