First Prev
of 4
Next Last
CallingAllInvest igators

Campbellsville, KY

#1 Sep 27, 2010
http://www.lcni5.com/cgi-bin/c2.cgi...

Alright, someone name the other person not named in the article that also committed an offense but CKNJ played favorites with and did not name. Is it a family member of someone who works at the news journal?

Someone, Anyone?

Commence arguments!
question

Elizabethtown, KY

#2 Sep 27, 2010
over money now what if it was a one of your kids brother or sister then what would they do?
what

Santa Clara, CA

#3 Sep 28, 2010
Huh? Did your post make amy sense at all? If you don't know who it is, then move on I say and quit wasting our time.
the HONEST truth

Campbellsville, KY

#4 Sep 28, 2010
Benningfield is only acting on this because it is election time and people have been critical of his staff.
You will see all kinds of strange sights at election time.
From what I saw in the paper, this didn't amount to an ethics violation anyway. The prisoner was not at the Taylor County Jail. Nothing reported in the paper constituted violation of ethics.

Concerned Citizen

Greenville, KY

#5 Sep 28, 2010
There has been many good people fired or have resigned from the Taylor Co. Detention Center since it has opened. A turnover this large, and the fact that most of those that left were the experienced people is a direct result of a lack of supervision and management. Any one that knows anything about Quality Control will verify this. I also know that an employee under felony indictment with the Federal Government is not working but is receiving full salary. How can this be good for the budget?
Is the Jailer really doing the wonderful job that some people think he is?
answer me this

Clarkson, KY

#6 Sep 28, 2010
If so many people have been fired, obviously like any other job, it's because they haven't followed the rules and guidelines of their specified job. Just like the current ones fired, due to dating inmates or at least favoring one specific. The should have posted the employee guidelines in the paper along with what they did say about the employee getting fired. If I had a family member in jail I wouldn't want him or her being favored more over another person. Just as vice versa. There's more going on with some of the jail employees and the inmates than what you think. Benningfield has EVERY right to fire someone that's not following protocol. That's any job. Think of it if you were in his shoes.
truth

Campbellsville, KY

#7 Sep 28, 2010
answer me this wrote:
If so many people have been fired, obviously like any other job, it's because they haven't followed the rules and guidelines of their specified job. Just like the current ones fired, due to dating inmates or at least favoring one specific. The should have posted the employee guidelines in the paper along with what they did say about the employee getting fired. If I had a family member in jail I wouldn't want him or her being favored more over another person. Just as vice versa. There's more going on with some of the jail employees and the inmates than what you think. Benningfield has EVERY right to fire someone that's not following protocol. That's any job. Think of it if you were in his shoes.
It is called Policy and Procedures.
It appears that this imate was transferred to the Adair County Jail. If there was a relationship between the staff and the inmate this was the proper thing to do. They must be transferred to a different facility if the inmate is the friend or relative of a staff member. That appears to have been according to policy.
If there have been that many fired from the jail, why didn't these firings make front page? Why did it become front page news during election time.
Which policies were violated.
Protocol is not reason for firing. Laws are.
what

Santa Clara, CA

#8 Sep 28, 2010
I say we vote out Rick and let Hack have his go at it. I believe he would clean out this place and give us a jail to be proud of. Vote Hack Marcum in November!
who cares

Clarkson, KY

#9 Sep 28, 2010
Who cares if it's election time. As you say, Policy and Procedures were not followed. If she or any body does this with one inmate, more than likely it would happen again with a different one. Get rid of the problem BEFORE it happens again.
truth

Campbellsville, KY

#10 Sep 28, 2010
Does what? You say IT, I say what did she do? If the inmate is in another jail, her contact with the inmate was not against policy.
Concerned Citizen

Greenville, KY

#11 Sep 28, 2010
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
It is called Policy and Procedures.
It appears that this imate was transferred to the Adair County Jail. If there was a relationship between the staff and the inmate this was the proper thing to do. They must be transferred to a different facility if the inmate is the friend or relative of a staff member. That appears to have been according to policy.
If there have been that many fired from the jail, why didn't these firings make front page? Why did it become front page news during election time.
Which policies were violated.
Protocol is not reason for firing. Laws are.
The Gribbins lady did her job well but was fired for an altercation with another staff even though the other staff was also at fault. How does that follow policy and procedure. She proved her case and received unemployment benifits. Makes you wonder if anyone there even knows their Policy and Procedure.
informed 5

Greenville, KY

#12 Sep 28, 2010
who cares wrote:
Who cares if it's election time. As you say, Policy and Procedures were not followed. If she or any body does this with one inmate, more than likely it would happen again with a different one. Get rid of the problem BEFORE it happens again.
Exactly, if they do it once it will happen again. That's why I'm concerned about his employee dealing with state inmates. She was fired from a previous job for this and I heard she is doing it again. I know what she did cause she was married to my cousin. he kicked her a** out. c'mon Benningfield open your eyes. we do need Hack to clean this place up. I think he will cause there are some he don't want. He a good man. Let's give him a chance.
the whole stroy or not

Elizabethtown, KY

#13 Sep 28, 2010
Concerned Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
The Gribbins lady did her job well but was fired for an altercation with another staff even though the other staff was also at fault. How does that follow policy and procedure. She proved her case and received unemployment benifits. Makes you wonder if anyone there even knows their Policy and Procedure.
she was having a relationship with Johnnie Reardon an inmate at the time. that's why she lost her job. not only that but it was also known by the animal control officer that was the work release supervisor of the prisoner and he would even make arrangements for them to have time together. at least this is the story that has been passed along the way. not saying it to be true, just what was told.
read

Campbellsville, KY

#14 Sep 28, 2010
truth wrote:
Does what? You say IT, I say what did she do? If the inmate is in another jail, her contact with the inmate was not against policy.
If you read the paper it you would read:

The information states that the employee, Patsy Bryant, sent money to the inmate, which Benningfield says is a violation of jail staff ethics codes.

The inmate had been housed at the Taylor County jail before being transferred to Adair County, Benningfield said.

~He was housed in the TAYLOR Co detention Center BEFORE sent to Adair Co. He was obviously sent to Adair to stop this from continuing to happen. But she continued anyway while he was in Adair Co.
wired

Greenville, KY

#16 Sep 28, 2010
read wrote:
<quoted text>If you read the paper it you would read:
The information states that the employee, Patsy Bryant, sent money to the inmate, which Benningfield says is a violation of jail staff ethics codes.
The inmate had been housed at the Taylor County jail before being transferred to Adair County, Benningfield said.
~He was housed in the TAYLOR Co detention Center BEFORE sent to Adair Co. He was obviously sent to Adair to stop this from continuing to happen. But she continued anyway while he was in Adair Co.
If this is the reason the inmate was transferred, shouldn't she have been fired then instead of waiting to see if it continued. That's where I believe Benningfield knows nothing about ethics or policy and procedure. Course Benningfield can't take care of his own problems so how can he run a jail. Someone posted he is never at the jail. Yes his wife has left him and he will probably never have another one. she is not living at the house. His neighbor admitted this. what is this? his fourth or fifth one. lets vote Hack and give him the chance he deserves.
i know who

Elizabethtown, KY

#17 Sep 28, 2010
CallingAllInvestigators wrote:
http://www.lcni5.com/cgi-bin/c 2.cgi?085+article+News+2010092 7104208085085002
Alright, someone name the other person not named in the article that also committed an offense but CKNJ played favorites with and did not name. Is it a family member of someone who works at the news journal?
Someone, Anyone?
Commence arguments!
jon jon hawkins....jon hawkins...jon jon hawkins....jon hawkins....
CallingAllInvest igators

Campbellsville, KY

#18 Sep 28, 2010
Jon Hawkins is reportedly the other person who was let go at the jail. He should have been fired and his name printed in the CKNJ News Journal. Report all the news if they're going to report any. I for one am glad he was fired. Score one for Campbellsville. Another good day in the ville.
you give it a go

Campbellsville, KY

#19 Sep 28, 2010
Hey wired! Why didn't you put your name in the basket to take over Benningfield's job? Unless you actually work at the jail or were there when it happened you have absolutely NO clue as to what went down. Everyone knows that any paper never gets the full or complete true story of the situation or both sides. It was stated that Patsy wouldn't return the call to comment.
correct

Greenville, KY

#20 Sep 28, 2010
you give it a go wrote:
Hey wired! Why didn't you put your name in the basket to take over Benningfield's job? Unless you actually work at the jail or were there when it happened you have absolutely NO clue as to what went down. Everyone knows that any paper never gets the full or complete true story of the situation or both sides. It was stated that Patsy wouldn't return the call to comment.
I'm not taking up for wired, but, I think he is right. If that's the reason the inmate was transferred, why wait to see if it continued? The violation had already occurred. As for the newspaper not giving the whole story, the story came from Benningfield. It's kind of funny that he refused to give info until the paper sent an Open Records Request. He probably didn't even know what it was.
ImALongWaysAwayB utHearMe

Santa Clara, CA

#21 Sep 28, 2010
Rick is a joke and if he was any kind of a decent employer he would have fired this woman and jon hawkins a long time ago.We need a new jailer and Hack is it.Vote Hack in November!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
happy days 33 min Virginia Rebel 29
Campbellsville drama queens (Jun '14) 37 min Virginia Rebel 43
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 47 min Mike Duquette 133,234
How to keep your cooter from smelling like tuna... 55 min LMS 13
Chs affairs 1 hr LMS 3
staff management w2 (Jan '10) 1 hr blessed03 37
Campbellsville wankstas 1 hr LMS 3
Great subjects on here lately 1 hr PH-D 11
Campbellsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Campbellsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]