Kentucky High School Football - Owen County edged by Trimble Co...

Full story: MaxPreps 25
In Thursday's league game, the visiting Trimble County Raiders football team scored a close 8-6 win over the Owen County Rebels. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
geman941

Finchville, KY

#1 Nov 20, 2006
owen county team schold get better players or they will falter like they always do
KlhMmB

Owenton, KY

#2 Sep 25, 2007
geman941 wrote:
owen county team schold get better players or they will falter like they always do
Thats not very nice....we are a hard working team
wuv-v

Walton, KY

#3 Oct 5, 2007
walton verona smoked em in football
onurown

Evarts, KY

#4 Oct 13, 2007
wuv-v wrote:
walton verona smoked em in football
its been years since Owen Co. had a really good team. Actually it is a shame, the kids really want to "be there" and any young man that wants the chance to support his school and be "on a team" should have the opportunity feel good about it. Most of the kids that have the desire to sign up and show up have some desire to play hard and make the difference even if that means stand on the side lines and make the team look better/bigger. The kids do this for self satisfaction and self-esteme. Now the coach that is in it for the money is a different story. It takes a wise man who has a combination of high self estem himself, pride in his work as a coach, and pride in the kids that paricipate, wisdom on how to deal with the public and seasoned experience in the game..oh and of course the need for the money too. when you have a winning team, you notice you end up naming something in honor of that coach...hence Patterson field.
All of this together kids and coach, does not mean a thing if the majority of the parents are not intrested in their school as a whole. If the general public of that county has made a habit of thinking that only the "click" participates in school activities, this only insures that only the "click" will show up to participate and the coach will have only the choice of using those students.
Hats off to the shcools such as Williamstown Independent whos band has pulled of state champions and had the support of not only the band parents but the support of the entire school and the whole city of Williamstown celebrated.
I'd encourage city officials to "start" the old band wagon and rally for their schools.
tmc08

Owenton, KY

#5 Oct 18, 2007
i play for owen co. and its not really the community. its the players, you dont need support to win football games you need heart and pride. our senior class has let our team down this year and not being committed is a big problem. players dont show for practice and expect to get to play on friday nights when they dont know what they are doin. which turns the parents against the coaches because their kid isn't on the field. that is the reason owen co. dont have a winning program
good old girl

Ashburn, VA

#6 Oct 24, 2007
My grandson plays football for Owen County. Those guys really try, but there is something missing. I don't knoe much about football, but I know my grandson plays hard and gives it all he's got. Don't bad mouth those guys because you don't know them. There is a reason for the poor plays. It could be the coach, and just like tmco8 said the players don't have enough commitment.
tmc08

Owenton, KY

#7 Nov 9, 2007
yeah we give it all we got...who is your grandson good old girl..but we aint out to win anymore we go out to play the game we love to play and have fun..its hard learnin a whole new offense and defense and new calls for everything..it dont happen in one year its gonna take time
TCmanager

Bedford, KY

#8 May 28, 2008
I am a manager for the TC Raider football team. I am really proud of my boys. They played very well that year. I can't wait to see how they turn out this year.
ladieman88

Carrollton, KY

#9 Aug 25, 2008
our team is the best and we are good
ladieman88

Carrollton, KY

#10 Aug 25, 2008
i play for trimble county
OCREB

Mountain View, CA

#11 Nov 1, 2008
Don't be dogging our team ok? At least we get out there and try our best. If it means losing, well so be it! It shouldn't matter okay? So stop runnin your mouths about shiz you don't know nothin about.

Since: Mar 09

owenton

#12 Mar 25, 2009
parents let the coaches do there job and we might have a winning season in owen county for 2009/2010
WEBSTER82

Louisville, KY

#13 May 16, 2009
my name is Trent Webster i am a fresh man at owen county and i play on the owen county foot ball team and we work our asses off all year long and you say we need betta players you will not find betta players ther is not a player on the team that will not put his life on the line for the win. like my boy sawyer his was hurt alot but would nava come out of the game so shut up and learn foot ball.
WEBSTER82

Louisville, KY

#14 May 16, 2009
geman941 wrote:
you are a dumb ass i will see you on the feildsun

Since: May 09

Cincinnati, OH

#15 May 31, 2009
The best question: who do we play for homecoming?

owenton

#16 Jun 11, 2009
owen county is playin east jessamine for home comin...it is gonna be a great game for both teams

owenton

#17 Jun 11, 2009
o ya #44 is gonna get run all over at the homecoming game
Susan B Anthony

Carrollton, KY

#18 May 13, 2010
It's the leadership. Change the leadership, and you're children will be football stars.
lmao

Louisville, KY

#19 Jul 1, 2010
go raiders! kick a** owen co sux
okay

Louisville, KY

#20 Jul 8, 2010
WEBSTER82 wrote:
my name is Trent Webster i am a fresh man at owen county and i play on the owen county foot ball team and we work our asses off all year long and you say we need betta players you will not find betta players ther is not a player on the team that will not put his life on the line for the win. like my boy sawyer his was hurt alot but would nava come out of the game so shut up and learn foot ball.
You sure do not have any respect for authority. Perhaps if you did better in school especially writing you could do better in football.

Go Rebels!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbellsburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Obama Zombies 155,436
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr Truth 7,184
Bobby Maines 3 hr Boyd 10
Tobacco festival 2014 3 hr haha 11
Rodney Hunt (Jun '11) 4 hr haha 25
walmart 4 hr Curtis 2
Anita Howard 9 hr cwh 2

Campbellsburg Jobs

Campbellsburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Campbellsburg News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Campbellsburg

Personal Finance