First Prev
of 5
Next Last
wanna know

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Jan 12, 2009
I would like to know what kind of a place this school is. I know its a catholic school,but I`d like to know a little more details.Is there a dress code,good teachers ect. Any imformation at all would be greatly appreciated.
oh hell

Fort Pierce, FL

#2 Jan 13, 2009
wanna know wrote:
I would like to know what kind of a place this school is. I know its a catholic school,but I`d like to know a little more details.Is there a dress code,good teachers ect. Any imformation at all would be greatly appreciated.
it is a very good school, the people there are very nice and helpful, the food is real good the place is very clean and there has been alot of smart kids come from there
Elis mom

Qulin, MO

#3 Jan 16, 2009
My son goes to St.Teresa's School and by far is one of the best school's around. The staff would love to meet with you and show you around. There is not really a dress code just common sense for the most part. WONDERFUL,WONDERFUL staff,We love it!!!!!!Not your average catholic school for sure.
yeah

United States

#4 Jan 16, 2009
I hear nuns teach the school. I also hear there more advanced. Is this true?
Julia Gulia

Havre, MT

#5 Jan 16, 2009
Hey "Yeah" is that you Kylie?
yeah

United States

#6 Jan 16, 2009
nope.
cce

Poplar Bluff, MO

#7 Jan 16, 2009
No nuns do not teach at the school.
bfh

Qulin, MO

#8 Jan 16, 2009
as a former student frome st. teresa i would definately not reccommend it! 1. it keeps ur children away from being interactive with children thier own age. 2. some teaches ahem ( diana Mittlestadt) care ore about her pom pai nails then teaching her students. 3. going to church is pressured against ur child no matter if u want to or not. 4. if u send ur kid here be prepared for whining and dissapointment!!!
lets see

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Jan 20, 2009
My youngest is currenty attending St. Teresa's School and has for a couple of years. We have other children that have went though the public school system and I wish I had it all to do over again. All of our children would have attended St. Teresa's. The education these children get in the classrooms is beyond anything a public school can offer. The classroom sizes are small so there is more one on one interaction between student and teacher. My child is very bright and is always challeged there, the teachers have time for their students. The children attend Mass on every friday morning and do have a religion class. If you are not Catholic, dont worry! We are General Baptist and Father Glenn and Mrs Kuper teach in a way that all religions are understood. The children at St. Teresa's are taught morals, values, to treat others kindly, self-worth, respect for themselves as well as other, ect. The teachers and staff at this school work with these children in such a patient way, it is amazing to see the interaction between them! We, as parents, want the best for our children and most try to raise their children well but so many times the outside infulences our children recieve are not always good! The parents whos lives are upside down infect their children and in a public school enviroment these bad infulences reach your child. My prayers go out to the teachers in the public school system because each day they go to work they must be worried about some of the children in their classrooms. The tuition at St. Teresa's is reasonable, there is no price to high when considering your childs education, morals and influences! The children are not taught by nuns anymore, that use to be the case years ago but is not so anymore. The dress code is not one that most couldn't follow. There is also an after school program the children can attend if needed. I believe all children have to be picked up no later than 5:30. The kids are served a snack and there is teachers on staff that will help your children with any homework or upcoming tests. There is also a big brother/big sister program in the school where each child from pre-K to second grade will have an older student there for them. This allows the younger students to have someone to look up to and allows the olders students to learn responsiblity for someone other than themselves. God Bless the students and staff at this school. We are so thankful for them and will never regret our decision to seek an education for our child outside of the public school system! You can call the school anytime during school hours and set up a time to visit. I believe truely, you will see and feel what I do as a parent once you have entered those doors!
Great Job

Milwaukee, WI

#10 Jan 20, 2009
lets see wrote:
My youngest is currenty attending St. Teresa's School and has for a couple of years. We have other children that have went though the public school system and I wish I had it all to do over again. All of our children would have attended St. Teresa's. The education these children get in the classrooms is beyond anything a public school can offer. The classroom sizes are small so there is more one on one interaction between student and teacher. My child is very bright and is always challeged there, the teachers have time for their students. The children attend Mass on every friday morning and do have a religion class. If you are not Catholic, dont worry! We are General Baptist and Father Glenn and Mrs Kuper teach in a way that all religions are understood. The children at St. Teresa's are taught morals, values, to treat others kindly, self-worth, respect for themselves as well as other, ect. The teachers and staff at this school work with these children in such a patient way, it is amazing to see the interaction between them! We, as parents, want the best for our children and most try to raise their children well but so many times the outside infulences our children recieve are not always good! The parents whos lives are upside down infect their children and in a public school enviroment these bad infulences reach your child. My prayers go out to the teachers in the public school system because each day they go to work they must be worried about some of the children in their classrooms. The tuition at St. Teresa's is reasonable, there is no price to high when considering your childs education, morals and influences! The children are not taught by nuns anymore, that use to be the case years ago but is not so anymore. The dress code is not one that most couldn't follow. There is also an after school program the children can attend if needed. I believe all children have to be picked up no later than 5:30. The kids are served a snack and there is teachers on staff that will help your children with any homework or upcoming tests. There is also a big brother/big sister program in the school where each child from pre-K to second grade will have an older student there for them. This allows the younger students to have someone to look up to and allows the olders students to learn responsiblity for someone other than themselves. God Bless the students and staff at this school. We are so thankful for them and will never regret our decision to seek an education for our child outside of the public school system! You can call the school anytime during school hours and set up a time to visit. I believe truely, you will see and feel what I do as a parent once you have entered those doors!
Very nice! I couldn't have said it any better. 100% agree.

I'm not saying that Campbell Elementary is bad, just that the St. Teresa school is a better all around experience
wanna know

United States

#11 Jan 20, 2009
Thank you for such a wonderful comment. I appreciate your input very much and I`m glad you took the time to answer my question in such detail. I have a alot more insight now. So,your telling me that they are not just focusing on the catholic religion? Thats great to know. Im also baptist.
Former STS Student

Sikeston, MO

#12 Jan 20, 2009
I went to St. Teresa from Pre-K through 8th grade. I put me ahead when I started at Campbell. The history book they use for the 9th grade, at Glennonville it was used in the 7th and 8th. The teachers really work with you until you understand and know how to do it. I am Catholic but most of my classmates were not. Glennonville just teaches you about the Catholic faith without forcing it on anyone. You go to church 30 mins a week, which isnt too much to ask of anyone. It instills good morals and teaches the students how to be respectful to their teachers. I highly recomend it to anyone!
Grinder

Dexter, MO

#13 Jan 20, 2009
Honestly, unless you want your child is a Bader or a Kerperien or a Deken, etc...don't send them there. The people don't like new-comers, and they don't easily accept outsiders. They think they are better than just about everyone. I don't think they treat others right. They think that school is only for that little community and noone else. They are very materialistic people, very judgemental and they look at you like you are an alien if you attend their church or their school. The priest is wonderful, and they have a good church, but you have to be "accepted" by all of the Glennonville people. HA, most people could care less what they think, but that's how they see things.
oh hell

Fort Pierce, FL

#14 Jan 21, 2009
Grinder wrote:
Honestly, unless you want your child is a Bader or a Kerperien or a Deken, etc...don't send them there. The people don't like new-comers, and they don't easily accept outsiders. They think they are better than just about everyone. I don't think they treat others right. They think that school is only for that little community and noone else. They are very materialistic people, very judgemental and they look at you like you are an alien if you attend their church or their school. The priest is wonderful, and they have a good church, but you have to be "accepted" by all of the Glennonville people. HA, most people could care less what they think, but that's how they see things.
that is not true the baders are some of the best people around, and so are the dekens, kerperiens,weidenbenners, they are all good people and would just about bend over backwards to help you.
parent

Qulin, MO

#15 Jan 21, 2009
Diana Mittelstadt is a great teacher. She really looks out for the best interest of the students. They don't always appreciate that so that is probably why one of them is griping on here. She enforces the dress code and does what Mrs. Kuper tells her to do. She even went and got an additional teaching certificate so she could teach more subjects. She is better qualified than any teacher at St. Teresa. People who are writing crap on here about her - shame on you.
wth

Qulin, MO

#16 Jan 21, 2009
I agree with parent. I hope she doesn't read the crap that people are posting on here. She couldn't care less about her nails. Get a life, people.
Judy Kerperien

Columbia, MO

#17 Jan 21, 2009
I am a Kerperien by marriage. All three of my children went to St Teresa. They were taught at school and home to include all people. The Baders and the Dekens are two of the best families I know. They do and would lend a helping hand to many. Excepting new people in our community and school is just a way of life for us. If you (grinder) have had a specific problem with any Kerperien,, I would love to discuss it with you and try to see where the problem was. I always use my full name on this site so people can speak directly to me.
New Kid in Town

Jefferson City, MO

#18 Jan 21, 2009
bfh wrote:
as a former student frome st. teresa i would definately not reccommend it! 1. it keeps ur children away from being interactive with children thier own age. 2. some teaches ahem ( diana Mittlestadt) care ore about her pom pai nails then teaching her students. 3. going to church is pressured against ur child no matter if u want to or not. 4. if u send ur kid here be prepared for whining and dissapointment!!!
Sounds like sour grapes. What you couldn't handle having to listen and pay attention. Couldn't get along with anybody. That school is probably the only reason you can spell and do any kind of other school work.. Sure can't spell and as far as the teachers, See if you can do all they are required to do and only make the kind of money they make. If there is any whining and dissappointment it should be with you and your failure to thrive in a loving and caring atmosphere. Go back to your public school and be in crowded class rooms and pathetic food.
ex Glennonvillian

Jefferson City, MO

#19 Jan 21, 2009
Grinder wrote:
Honestly, unless you want your child is a Bader or a Kerperien or a Deken, etc...don't send them there. The people don't like new-comers, and they don't easily accept outsiders. They think they are better than just about everyone. I don't think they treat others right. They think that school is only for that little community and noone else. They are very materialistic people, very judgemental and they look at you like you are an alien if you attend their church or their school. The priest is wonderful, and they have a good church, but you have to be "accepted" by all of the Glennonville people. HA, most people could care less what they think, but that's how they see things.
You are so wrong about the community accepting anyone. I have heard that and I have been involved in one way or the other for 53 years. I was not raised in this communitee but have been there at least 6 to 7 times a year. Lived there for about 8 years and wish to return if the surrounding area could support more people living in the area. Your right the majority of people who live there are the people you spoke of but there is probably 50 more names of the members of the community. You are the one placing these names on the pedestal not them. Sounds like you have an ax to grind.
you got it

Saint Charles, MO

#20 Jan 21, 2009
Grinder wrote:
Honestly, unless you want your child is a Bader or a Kerperien or a Deken, etc...don't send them there. The people don't like new-comers, and they don't easily accept outsiders. They think they are better than just about everyone. I don't think they treat others right. They think that school is only for that little community and noone else. They are very materialistic people, very judgemental and they look at you like you are an alien if you attend their church or their school. The priest is wonderful, and they have a good church, but you have to be "accepted" by all of the Glennonville people. HA, most people could care less what they think, but that's how they see things.
You got that right. My niece went to that school and she would tell me about a girl from one of those families who would either get high or drink on the bus to school ... and no one said anything to her because of her family. I attended ONE of my niece's Christmas programs the whole time she was there because the one time I did go I felt I was getting more attention than the children on stage. Very uncomfortable. The only nice person I met was the Father, he was a very pleasant man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Love of your Life (Apr '14) 8 hr careful 58
coal haulers daughter 12 hr local 2
Township 14 hr Fix it 44
Missy (melissa) Duff (Jan '11) 15 hr farty 9
Billy bevel@ 17 hr Macie Bevel 5
who is snitch & can't trust 21 hr Sick of drama queens 3
who is Derek rice Mon Chuck 2
Campbell Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Campbell People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]