Concerned

Catlin, IL

#1 Sep 23, 2008
I feel bad for the family that lost there house. I feel that if the city had a full time fire department like they had in the past maybe the loss would not have been so severe. I wish the city would reconsider having a full time Fire Department. I know the Mayor does not feel that in a necessity. But maybe the counsil could vote it back in. They actually make the decisions for the city not the Mayor. If the city pays one employee $7.50 and hour to stay at the fire department and be available in the time of need that would not bank rupt the City and would be benificial. The volunteer approach obviously does not work. If the city has a full time fire department the insurance rates would decrease for all buisness and home owners. Shouldn't the city be able to vote and decide if a full time fire department is needed?
melanie

Catlin, IL

#2 Sep 28, 2008
the fire dept did a wonderful job and was very quick on getting there. the fire was not anyone's fault. i was very happy to see that there was alot of firefighters there and i would like to thank everyone of them for helping and doing such a wonderful job. my mom and dad and jimmy would like to thank them as well. the police dept and the fire dept and medic one, we thank you and love each one of you for your quick and wonderful response. if it wasn't for them we could have lost alot more than just the house. my parents and uncle was there and i am very thankful that they all cared enough to show up. so please do not say anything bad about any of them, they did a wonderful job and did everything they could to save the house. thank you again,
shonda and gerry and jimmy say thank you from the bottoms of the heart as well.

melanie
Concerned wrote:
I feel bad for the family that lost there house. I feel that if the city had a full time fire department like they had in the past maybe the loss would not have been so severe. I wish the city would reconsider having a full time Fire Department. I know the Mayor does not feel that in a necessity. But maybe the counsil could vote it back in. They actually make the decisions for the city not the Mayor. If the city pays one employee $7.50 and hour to stay at the fire department and be available in the time of need that would not bank rupt the City and would be benificial. The volunteer approach obviously does not work. If the city has a full time fire department the insurance rates would decrease for all buisness and home owners. Shouldn't the city be able to vote and decide if a full time fire department is needed?

“Don't wish for it- work for it”

Since: Sep 08

Kennett, MO

#3 Sep 28, 2008
melanie wrote:
the fire dept did a wonderful job and was very quick on getting there. the fire was not anyone's fault. i was very happy to see that there was alot of firefighters there and i would like to thank everyone of them for helping and doing such a wonderful job. my mom and dad and jimmy would like to thank them as well. the police dept and the fire dept and medic one, we thank you and love each one of you for your quick and wonderful response. if it wasn't for them we could have lost alot more than just the house. my parents and uncle was there and i am very thankful that they all cared enough to show up. so please do not say anything bad about any of them, they did a wonderful job and did everything they could to save the house. thank you again,
shonda and gerry and jimmy say thank you from the bottoms of the heart as well.
melanie
<quoted text>
Sorry about your home - but happy no one was hurt.
=)
Stuff can be replaced, you can't.
shonda

Catlin, IL

#4 Sep 28, 2008
thank you so much we think the same thing.

GOD BLESS YOU
help

Piggott, AR

#5 Sep 28, 2008
if u need n e help with cleanin or something just put a help wanted on here and I for one will be in your front yard ready to help
shonda

Catlin, IL

#6 Sep 28, 2008
thank you so much i all ways will remember that. you are so special and for that i will always. be grateful

thank you

GOD BLESS PEOPLE LIKE YOU.

SHONDA
help

Piggott, AR

#7 Sep 28, 2008
ne time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Campbell Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
another one bites the dust!!! 2 hr wants results 13
shooting 10 hr cracker 2
Laziest do nothings at work 11 hr Yesthatsright 4
Child support payments (Jun '16) 11 hr Yesthatsright 15
gary crowley,mayor of campbell? 21 hr Question 80
vondy's.best darn food i ever ate. Mar 24 just wondering 3
best place to eat in Campbell Mar 24 fosho 4

Campbell Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance