The Uvalde Eagle

United States

#21 Jan 3, 2013
I am going to tell you what happened earlier to day. A business owner said she did not know the La Voz had shut down. That she did not find out untill today when she spoke to the sales rep. Customers were not informed of the demise of the La Voz. It brings me to wonder how many customers out there still don't know. I knew almost, more less, two months ago. I only told one person,and that person told the sales rep. Of the la Voz what I said.. she got very angery and said I was a Liar.(?). Whoes the liar now?
This I must say,and that is, I use to do sales ads for the La Voz and write articles too. for about 9mo. in 2011. glad I worked there. Marina, The Uvalde Eagle.
truth

Uvalde, TX

#22 Jan 3, 2013
The Uvalde Eagle wrote:
I only told one person,and that person told the sales rep. Of the la Voz what I said.. she got very angery and said I was a Liar.(?). Whoes the liar now?
This I must say,and that is, I use to do sales ads for the La Voz and write articles too. for about 9mo. in 2011. glad I worked there. Marina, The Uvalde Eagle.
From what I understand, the newspaper only decided to shut down last month. Before that, there was still a possibility they would stay open, so she wasn't lying at the time.
The Uvalde Eagle

United States

#23 Jan 3, 2013
NoGood wrote:
Read it only once. It was badly written with incorrect information. News reporters should verify their news before publishing it. This is the reason I never read it again. It is invalid news.
If the Uvalde Eagle was so bad and you read it only once, why have you bothered to put yourself in the picture by making a comment. The Uvalde Eagle, L(marina)garcia.
The Uvalde Eagle

United States

#24 Jan 3, 2013
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I understand, the newspaper only decided to shut down last month. Before that, there was still a possibility they would stay open, so she wasn't lying at the time.
I was told by louie, and Norma told customers around town That the la Voz was shutting down, I heard this right before the end of the Nov. elections.Owner Juan Sanchez stoped putting his name as owner of the La Voz, I guess he was too ashamed to claim it, or was it as louie said, that La Voz was threatened with a law suit. Scared, Juan Sanchez(louie told me) skipped town and had not paid his employees. I got that comment directly from Louie, editor of the La Voz. And still I publicly said Nothing. Now, where is the truth in all this? and besides who even cares? The Uvalde Eagle, Marina
Panuch

United States

#25 Jan 3, 2013
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
by "they" do you mean everyone there or just the owner?
Was the La Voz owner a racist or a victim of the arrogance and stupidity that are plaguing this community for decades. Just think how many highly educated people have left this community? They were black, brown, and white. They must have a good understanding of what is going on in this community in the public, in the close door meetings and in the paper. One thing for sure that has not changed in this community is the same group arrogant and stupid people imposing their arrogant and stupid ways and practices to rest of other people in the community. If the La Voz owner has posted some happy white faces on the front page of the paper, do you think people would believe that the owner is less racist than the other owner ,in the orher side of the town , for posting happy brown face on their paper?
LOUIE

Uvalde, TX

#26 Jan 3, 2013
Since my name has been mentioned, I'll speak up now.

The main reason the newspaper shut down was because it wasn't making money. Plain and simple as that. While other reasons did exist at the time, the newspaper could have continued despite them. However, with no money coming in from our advertisers, what little hope of the newspaper staying alive died by the start of December.

Marina's correct. Now that the newspaper is gone, it doesn't really matter what the reasons were, it's a done deal. The Leader-News called me this afternoon and I'll tell Topix the same thing I told them. Times are hard. The newspaper didn't have enough money to keep going because we lost 40% of our advertisers, even though Norma and I tried our best to keep it going.

I'm grateful to our sponsors and readers that supported us, but it takes money to run a newspaper, or any business for that matter. Like all things, it had to end. Now that it's done, there's nothing left to say.
LOUIE

Uvalde, TX

#27 Jan 3, 2013
The Uvalde Eagle wrote:
Owner Juan Sanchez stoped putting his name as owner of the La Voz
Just so everyone will know, he didn't decide to do that, I did. When someone stops working at a newspaper, even though they still own it, you take their name off of the staff box.

Also, I'd like to on the record as saying that while Marina's paper is flawed, at least she tries. That's the important thing. I hate that topix makes it so easy to criticize people. There's enough negativity in the world without adding to it. We're all supposed to try to make our world better, not tear each other down.
The Uvalde Eagle

United States

#28 Jan 4, 2013
LOUIE wrote:
Since my name has been mentioned, I'll speak up now.
The main reason the newspaper shut down was because it wasn't making money. Plain and simple as that. While other reasons did exist at the time, the newspaper could have continued despite them. However, with no money coming in from our advertisers, what little hope of the newspaper staying alive died by the start of December.
Marina's correct. Now that the newspaper is gone, it doesn't really matter what the reasons were, it's a done deal. The Leader-News called me this afternoon and I'll tell Topix the same thing I told them. Times are hard. The newspaper didn't have enough money to keep going because we lost 40% of our advertisers, even though Norma and I tried our best to keep it going.
I'm grateful to our sponsors and readers that supported us, but it takes money to run a newspaper, or any business for that matter. Like all things, it had to end. Now that it's done, there's nothing left to say.
I love a courages man, one that does not hide in the shadows. It's a shame to see something as important as a news paper, go down like a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. When Juan Sanchez walked out on the La voz and on the employees that depended on him, and ran away leaving the staff to look after themselves and his news paper. I saw the definition of a real coward. He reminded me of the men that use to abandoned their wives and children when there was no support coming in from anywhere. Well, what's done is done.
Panuch

United States

#29 Jan 4, 2013
The Uvalde Eagle wrote:
<quoted text> I love a courages man, one that does not hide in the shadows. It's a shame to see something as important as a news paper, go down like a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. When Juan Sanchez walked out on the La voz and on the employees that depended on him, and ran away leaving the staff to look after themselves and his news paper. I saw the definition of a real coward. He reminded me of the men that use to abandoned their wives and children when there was no support coming in from anywhere. Well, what's done is done.
May be the Owner has given up fighting because of no support from anywhere in the community. La Voz was one important local media for people see the other side and the true picture of Uvalde and most importantly another place to express their frustration about the arrogance and stupidity that are plaguing this community, for decades , publicly.
The Uvalde Eagle

United States

#30 Jan 4, 2013
Panuch wrote:
<quoted text>
May be the Owner has given up fighting because of no support from anywhere in the community. La Voz was one important local media for people see the other side and the true picture of Uvalde and most importantly another place to express their frustration about the arrogance and stupidity that are plaguing this community, for decades , publicly.
As speaking for the owner, of the la Voz which is not your place to do, you end up contridicting yourself and the La Voz by saying , first that there was no support from the community, then say it was an important local media.. if it was so necessary why then did it fail. That you showed the other side and true picture of Uvalde, that may have been true and then again maybe not, because the La Voz bombarded the UISD way too much in fact that is what The la voz was mostly about, the school. The la Voz did this while the owner juan sanchez worked for the school system. Then practicaly wore Judge Mitchell out, who is an important member of this community and has done Great things for Uvalde Co. and it's Citizens of uvalde, and who happens to have a trememdous following. Not once did the La voz owner juan Sanchez approche judge Mitchell and ask him about the articles that the La Voz was writting about him. And yet J. Mitchell never retailiated, or rebuttled. Time after time the La voz wrote negatividly about Judge Mitchell. I guess Juan Sanchez got exposed to too much chemicals while working in the feilds. The Uvalde Eagle, marina.

Since: Feb 12

Uvalde, TX

#31 Jan 4, 2013
Panuch wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you REALLY want to" see the other side and true picture"...or see the arrogance and stupidity that is plaguing this town"??.....well if you do go hang out at the county jail or the welfare office or public housing, then you will see first hand in what is bringing this once great town down.

Uvalde, TX

#32 Jan 4, 2013
The Uvalde Eagle wrote:
<quoted text> I love a courages man, one that does not hide in the shadows. It's a shame to see something as important as a news paper, go down like a one legged man in a butt kicking contest. When Juan Sanchez walked out on the La voz and on the employees that depended on him, and ran away leaving the staff to look after themselves and his news paper. I saw the definition of a real coward. He reminded me of the men that use to abandoned their wives and children when there was no support coming in from anywhere. Well, what's done is done.
I sure hope you get some basic English lessons on correct grammar, and learn to spell and use basic words correctly. Especially if you are intending on running a "newspaper".
Panuch

United States

#33 Jan 4, 2013
The Uvalde Eagle wrote:
<quoted text> As speaking for the owner, of the la Voz which is not your place to do, you end up contridicting yourself and the La Voz by saying , first that there was no support from the community, then say it was an important local media.. if it was so necessary why then did it fail. That you showed the other side and true picture of Uvalde, that may have been true and then again maybe not, because the La Voz bombarded the UISD way too much in fact that is what The la voz was mostly about, the school. The la Voz did this while the owner juan sanchez worked for the school system. Then practicaly wore Judge Mitchell out, who is an important member of this community and has done Great things for Uvalde Co. and it's Citizens of uvalde, and who happens to have a trememdous following. Not once did the La voz owner juan Sanchez approche judge Mitchell and ask him about the articles that the La Voz was writting about him. And yet J. Mitchell never retailiated, or rebuttled. Time after time the La voz wrote negatividly about Judge Mitchell. I guess Juan Sanchez got exposed to too much chemicals while working in the feilds. The Uvalde Eagle, marina.
Your version of The Uvalde Eagle is like the little sister of ULN.
The Uvalde Eagle

United States

#34 Jan 4, 2013
Gringo Law wrote:
<quoted text>
I sure hope you get some basic English lessons on correct grammar, and learn to spell and use basic words correctly. Especially if you are intending on running a "newspaper".
First of all I was not born speaking english as you were. Even having been born here, in the U.S. I did not speak english until after having failed the first grade because I could not speak english. But, as you can see when I get knocked down, or fall down, I don't stay down. Also Don't concern yourself Mr. gringo law, it is not necessay or expected of you to try and decipher the Uvalde Eagle, I'm certain you would find that most dificult to do. Thank you for you comments. The Uvalde Eagle..Marina

Uvalde, TX

#35 Jan 4, 2013
The Uvalde Eagle wrote:
<quoted text> First of all I was not born speaking english as you were. Even having been born here, in the U.S. I did not speak english until after having failed the first grade because I could not speak english. But, as you can see when I get knocked down, or fall down, I don't stay down. Also Don't concern yourself Mr. gringo law, it is not necessay or expected of you to try and decipher the Uvalde Eagle, I'm certain you would find that most dificult to do. Thank you for you comments. The Uvalde Eagle..Marina
****** It's NECESSARY,DIFFICULT,and YOUR "(comments)"

Now not speaking English until the 1st grade is your parents fault. I've no idea how old you are, but I have to assume that you are at least 18. That gives you plenty of time to learn at least 3rd grade words,and spell 4th grade words correctly. That nakes it YOUR fault now for not learning proper English.
truth

Uvalde, TX

#36 Jan 4, 2013
Gringo Law wrote:
<quoted text>
****** It's NECESSARY,DIFFICULT,and YOUR "(comments)"
Now not speaking English until the 1st grade is your parents fault. I've no idea how old you are, but I have to assume that you are at least 18. That gives you plenty of time to learn at least 3rd grade words,and spell 4th grade words correctly. That nakes it YOUR fault now for not learning proper English.
And it's your fault for not still knowing how to use a spacebar after all this time.

Uvalde, TX

#37 Jan 4, 2013
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And it's your fault for not still knowing how to use a spacebar after all this time.
Think about it truth, it's ," still not knowing", and not,"not still knowing". DUMBASS.
The Uvalde Eagle

United States

#38 Jan 4, 2013
truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Keep your comments worth reading, if not get off my forum. The Uvalde Eagle, Marina

Uvalde, TX

#39 Jan 4, 2013
The Uvalde Eagle wrote:
<quoted text> Keep your comments worth reading, if not get off my forum. The Uvalde Eagle, Marina
Ok, ill meet you soon, ill look for you in the im broke and bankrupt section of life. No problem.
getforreal

United States

#40 Jan 4, 2013
Wow, talk about issues. Sure everyone has an opinion but when you go out on a limb and try to put another point of view it there you get attacked from every direction.I give la voz a whole hell of a lot of credit for bringing important topics to light, even if they were one sided it is one of the last freedoms we have left.I am sorry that la voz went under but in this town its a miracle it lasted as long as it did.we need a real newspaper that has the balls to print what matters.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camp Wood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fat girl alert Thu NO Games 8
Who are the biggest pot heads in CW? (Jun '13) Thu NO Games 5
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Wed 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
bbw Wed Beto 4
Any single men ? (Apr '14) Dec 17 Connie 8
Sifuentes Family (May '13) Dec 8 trick 10
whos the baby daddy Dec 8 trick 2
Camp Wood Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Camp Wood People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Camp Wood News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Camp Wood

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:58 pm PST

Bleacher Report12:58PM
Will the Philadelphia Eagles Miss the Playoffs?
NBC Sports 1:01 PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:10 PM
DeAndre Hopkins questionable after sitting out third straight practice
NBC Sports 3:16 PM
DeMarco Murray is determined to play
NBC Sports 4:14 PM
Ryan Mallett wants to be the Texans' QB next season