Murder in Camp Wood
Just curious

Oxnard, CA

#1 May 24, 2010
Does anyone have an update on the trial of Fred Ritchie who was accused of shooting Ricky Williams, his wife's lover? I'm just wondering whether he's going to get a stiff sentence or if the judge is going to be more lenient and consider this a crime of passion. Any thoughts or updates?
local

Camp Wood, TX

#2 May 24, 2010
My thoughts are that I hope they give him a stiff sentence. No matter the circumstances, no one has the right to take another persons life unless it is self defense and this clearly was not the case. But..I do not know how things are going. There was an article you can look up in the Leakey Star online.
its about time

Camp Wood, TX

#3 May 25, 2010
the trial is over all thats left is the sentencing he was found guilty
Facts are facts

Los Angeles, CA

#4 May 26, 2010
Seems to me like the jury heard the facts and made a good decision. 15 years with the possibility of parole in 7. Excellent outcome.
u wish u knew

Camp Wood, TX

#5 May 27, 2010
Excellent outcome?! 15 yrs isn't near enough for someone who committed cold blooded murder! Seems a small price to pay for taking someone elses LIFE! But ultimately Fred will pay because God doesn't take lightly to someone making a decision that was HIS to make!
u wish u knew

Camp Wood, TX

#6 May 27, 2010
By the way "facts are facts": would u still think it was an "excellent outcome" had it been Rick that murdered Fred? Had things been the other way around, would u feel the same? I doubt it.
texas

United States

#7 May 27, 2010
15 years forget that he need to be in prison for life nobody deserves to die like that anybody who murders someone should be in prison for life they kan suffer and there and deal with it that's wut they get he will get wut he deserves in prison
karmasabiatch

Camp Wood, TX

#8 May 28, 2010
Fred will pay for his sins. He took the life of another person because he was a coward and could not stand like a real man. Being the p*ssy that he is, he likely wont make it 7 years in prison to come up for parole, even if he does..he wont get parole. He will spend the entire 15 years in prison. He will suffer greatly while in prison while his wife is boning someone else and his kids are calling someone else daddy! If he lives through prison, when he is released he will always be looking over his shoulders wondering if today is the day he will REALLY pay!
Facts are facts

Oxnard, CA

#9 Jun 3, 2010
Wow, Karma! You know a lot for being ignorant. Good people do bad things and bad things happen to good people. But the truth here is that Fred's wife is the reason behind all that's gone on in your small town. She couldn't keep her legs together and focus on her own man and children so she set out for someone else's husband. SHE is the reason that Fred is behind bars and Ricky is underground. If anyone should be hated and have her life shortened it should be her. But all of you who are working so hard to defend a dead man should keep in mind that though it's NEVER ok to kill someone, it's also not ok to cheat on your wife. And from what I understand, NOT JUST ONCE. This was a recurring theme for Mr. Williams. Fred WILL live through prison and whether it be 7 years or 15 years he'll make it out and start his life over. Though I don't know him personally, I did know who Ricky was and like my name states, facts are facts. If the judge and jury would have heard different facts they would have sentenced him a lot stronger than they did. The proof is in the puddin'!
big red

Mountain Home, TX

#10 Jun 19, 2010
Well in my opinion fred should have gotten way more then 15 yrs with parole in 7 because he did shot a man on main street! and yes his wife was cheating on him with rick but if fred really loved his wife and kids he would have just got a divorce like a normal person rick and michelle where getting one he had already moved out of his home and freds wife was planing to do the same!! fred is not a stable person and should not be able to keep on living his life rick made mistakes yes he cheated on his wife that doesn't mean he deserved to die his sin was not worse then freds!!! Fred killed someone in cold blood and and he just got 15 yrs. i woud rather say rick deserved 15yrs then death believe in an eye for an eye fred too should be dead. its not like he did it for his children because he will probably never see his wife and kids again and rick wife and kids will never see him again all because of what fred did not rick and freds wife rick and miranda had a choice not to cheat but they were not doing to hurt anyone else but fred chose murder. sooo really who was wrong!!!
kitty

Camp Wood, TX

#11 Jul 19, 2010
all this hate isnt what rick was about.he was an awesome person and loved the children and his friends.he always had a smile for anyone who needed one...i loved rick as a friend and he is forever missed and will never be forgotten...rip my friend
The salgado

Redlands, CA

#12 Dec 6, 2015
karmasabiatch wrote:
Fred will pay for his sins. He took the life of another person because he was a coward and could not stand like a real man. Being the p*ssy that he is, he likely wont make it 7 years in prison to come up for parole, even if he does..he wont get parole. He will spend the entire 15 years in prison. He will suffer greatly while in prison while his wife is boning someone else and his kids are calling someone else daddy! If he lives through prison, when he is released he will always be looking over his shoulders wondering if today is the day he will REALLY pay!
Wow he is the punk .huh seems to me someone talking so tuff and still signs karmasabitch. Hide behind that name yeah that's tuff. Fred made a wrong decision yes. But when your family is at stake and it crumbling and this wannabe gangster is trying to punk you. He snapped. Loud cloud
hmm

Camp Wood, TX

#13 Dec 20, 2015
Lol wanna be gangster??? You obviously didn't know Rick... Must be a friend of Fred's. Why are you bringing up a 5 year old topic?? Just go away
In the shadow

Austin, TX

#14 Dec 28, 2015
I knew both men and like the rest of us, they both had their good attributes and their issues. Rick was a womanizer and he's not alone in this department so we should not judge him. He loved his family but he had a problem with women. Fred was highly insecure and was a person of principle to a fault. He too loved his family dearly. I was at the hearing. I heard the evidence that was provided. The evidence is what resulted in Fred receiving such a minor sentence for such a bad crime. Fred was absolutely responsible for the act and should be held accountable but he was helped by a certain person who repeatedly provoked his emotions with continuous phones calls. It drove him to a dark place. Not making excuses for him but one can almost understand how anger can drive us if we are not careful. I agree with the previous writer, this is an old topic that is painful for many people especially the families. May Ricky rest in peace and may Fred live his with purpose. God watch over the families that were broken. Bless them with grace and courage to forgive and find peace.
Simone says

Norman, OK

#15 Mar 27, 2016
How are the families in this situation doing? Just curious to know if they have had to deal with backlash.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camp Wood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
John terrazas 10 min Amanda 2
Fo & Mojica 27 min Crazy 10
queen bees in lock down 47 min Blow me 6
Jennifer Alvarez 1 hr Panthers 15
pilad ybarra new 1 hr noonesperfectstop... 1
Christina c deletes again!! 1 hr Jackie 7
Alyssa valenzuela 1 hr coworker 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Camp Wood Mortgages