napoli's italian resturant

Posted in the Camp Wood Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Customer

San Antonio, TX

#1 Nov 26, 2012
Does anyone know their phone number? I've been trying to reach them for almost a week now. I ate there about a week ago with my husband and noticed on my bank account they charged me 3 times for $39.26. I live outta town otherwise I would drive over there. If anyone could help me, that'd be great!

Thanks!
Xavier G

United States

#5 Feb 10, 2013
Been eating at Napoli's uvalde for about 2 or 3 months, food is fantastic but the service has gone down hill! Ordered an first and brought salad before, food came out wrong, ordered Cesar salad got a side house salad! due to lack of service, this will be the last time we eat at this restaurant!
The Uvalde Eagle

United States

#6 Feb 11, 2013
speaking from personal experienced, I went there three times, on the tird time the serving were sparse, the bread was burnt at the bottom, and the salad had big clumps of ice I pick out and through over my shoulder. Two ladies sitting at the next table ordered spagetti and the waiter said they had no spagetti. It was barely 12;noon and the restaurant had just opened it doors for lunch.I can see why their parking lot is not busy like when they first opened. Marina, The Uvalde Eagle

“Try it once, twice and 3 times”

Since: Oct 08

Tree City until I travel

#7 Feb 12, 2013
The Uvalde Eagle wrote:
speaking from personal experienced, I went there three times, on the tird time the serving were sparse, the bread was burnt at the bottom, and the salad had big clumps of ice I pick out and through over my shoulder. Two ladies sitting at the next table ordered spagetti and the waiter said they had no spagetti. It was barely 12;noon and the restaurant had just opened it doors for lunch.I can see why their parking lot is not busy like when they first opened. Marina, The Uvalde Eagle
I'm personally a dedicated local who tries to support all new businesses, especially the food scene. The first time it was a home run. The second time I tipped the cooks because the wait staff wad nowhere to be found. The third time was just ridiculous with bad food, moody staff, and dirty plates. I refuse to even take out from that place. I had such high hopes. They lost my business
The Uvalde Eagle

United States

#8 Feb 12, 2013
The owner said they were not Italian, they were closer to greece, and you know what they say about Greeks. As for service you get better service at wendy's or whataburger, or the Jalisco's restaurants. They really apreciate a person's business. Marina, the Uvalde Eagle
Excuse Me

Carrizo Springs, TX

#9 Feb 12, 2013
The Uvalde Eagle wrote:
The owner said they were not Italian, they were closer to greece, and you know what they say about Greeks. As for service you get better service at wendy's or whataburger, or the Jalisco's restaurants. They really apreciate a person's business. Marina, the Uvalde Eagle
No, what do they say about Greeks? Please tell us.
The owners are Albanian, and while they are bordered on the south by Greece, they are only 45 miles from Italy across the Strait of Otranto.

Tree City until I travel

#10 Feb 12, 2013
On my first visit I think the very friendly bald manager said they were from Albania, definitely not Italian, lol. It really breaks my heart how great this place was upon first opening. Pardon my language but all it took was a few "c" "u" next Thursday waitresses to poop it all up. Good thing I'm an awesome cook :)

Tree City until I travel

#11 Feb 12, 2013
Excuse Me wrote:
<quoted text>
The owners are Albanian, and while they are bordered on the south by Greece, they are only 45 miles from Italy across the Strait of Otranto.
The waitresses should pay the cooks because they are always cooking on point except when the food is cold due to lazy wait staff. Them poor under paid cooks need a raise.
Excuse Me

Carrizo Springs, TX

#12 Feb 12, 2013
Woof_Grrrr wrote:
<quoted text> The waitresses should pay the cooks because they are always cooking on point except when the food is cold due to lazy wait staff. Them poor under paid cooks need a raise.
I agree. It's sad that a business can't thrive in Uvalde because of the crappy pool of employees they have to choose from. The bald manager ends up doing it all, and you can tell he is just overworked and tired.
I will keep visiting Napoli's because I love Italian food and they have never screwed up my order. The owner being from Albania makes no difference to me.
true

Uvalde, TX

#13 Feb 12, 2013
I like Napoli's, but I wouldn't exactly call it Italian food. I can get the same or better from HEB. I blame the location - it's easier to go somewhere else.

Tree City until I travel

#14 Feb 13, 2013
Excuse Me wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. It's sad that a business can't thrive in Uvalde because of the crappy pool of employees they have to choose from. The bald manager ends up doing it all, and you can tell he is just overworked and tired.
I will keep visiting Napoli's because I love Italian food and they have never screwed up my order. The owner being from Albania makes no difference to me.
This is true what say about the manager. He's like a one man working crew. Maybe I'll eat there again...just have it be a take out order. I can make every thing they have there myself but sometimes its nice to not have to do the cooking or the dishes
The Uvalde Eagle

United States

#15 Feb 14, 2013
Excuse Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuuuusmeee! Does being 45 miles from Italy make a person Italian?... which is what I said They are "not" Italian. Besides I don't care since I don't go there. Marina, The Uvalde Eagle
2madrina

San Antonio, TX

#16 Feb 14, 2013
The Uvalde Eagle wrote:
<quoted text> Excuuuusmeee! Does being 45 miles from Italy make a person Italian?... which is what I said They are "not" Italian. Besides I don't care since I don't go there. Marina, The Uvalde Eagle
NOW NOW marana, aren't we the food critic!!!!!! LMAO LMAO

Tree City until I travel

#17 Feb 14, 2013
2madrina wrote:
<quoted text>
NOW NOW marana, aren't we the food critic!!!!!! LMAO LMAO
that's what this town needs and I feel I'm the fair one to do it.
Excuse Me

Carrizo Springs, TX

#18 Feb 14, 2013
The Uvalde Eagle wrote:
<quoted text> Excuuuusmeee! Does being 45 miles from Italy make a person Italian?... which is what I said They are "not" Italian. Besides I don't care since I don't go there. Marina, The Uvalde Eagle
I didn't say they were Italian either, I was merely pointing out that Albania is just about as close to Italy as it is to Greece. You wanted to imply that since they were close to Greece, there was something that made them inferior to Italians. You implied something negative about Grecian people. So is it ok to promote stereotypes as the truth as long as it doesn't hurt the majority? How about phrasing your statement with another ethnic group: "they are from close to Mexico, and you know what they say about Mexicans"...Doesn't sound nice, does it?
Excuse Me

Carrizo Springs, TX

#19 Feb 14, 2013
Woof_Grrrr wrote:
<quoted text> that's what this town needs and I feel I'm the fair one to do it.
Yes, you seem to be fair and honest in your evaluations! Would like to see your opinions on some other places in town.
Never again

United States

#20 Feb 18, 2013
Ugh the good was gross! Nothing was homemade I had chkn parmesan and it was a frozen chkn pitty for 11 bucks!

Tree City until I travel

#21 Feb 19, 2013
Never again wrote:
Ugh the good was gross! Nothing was homemade I had chkn parmesan and it was a frozen chkn pitty for 11 bucks!
wow that is a disappointment. I had the chicken marsala and it was great. I guess their standards are dropping :(
Stormtrooper

San Antonio, TX

#22 Mar 1, 2013
Never again wrote:
I highly doubt it was a cold frozen patty on a plate...restaurants don't have time to make everything from scratch unless you don't mind waiting an hour for your food. So ya the patties might be from a restaurant depot or something but the sauce is homemade as well as many other dishes. And frankly most restaurants purchase a few items from big restaurant suppliers.Also 11 dollars is cheap when speaking in terms of Italian food! Just think about how much all the wines cost that they use in their dishes.
Yummy

United States

#23 Mar 2, 2013
Shrimp scampi is yummy!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camp Wood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jasmine Sanchez 15 min jajajajaja 8
Martha Zamora la ex de juan 20 min Sobrina 12
melissa wanna be dls 40 min This is kassy 25
Tina ortega y la prima becca Garcia 54 min What goes around 1
Melissa Sambrano 1 hr Yup 8
rey villa 1 hr citizen 5
Danielle Ybarra ???? 1 hr Pat 18
Camp Wood Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web