Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Judged:

Why doesn't cottonwood have a place for bmx bike riders to ride? They need a place like the skatepark. If they try to ride the skatepark they are arrested. There are over one million bmx bike riders in the US, all of them ride the exact same terrain as skateboarders. Why can't cottonwood stop treating these kids who are causing no harm to anybody like criminals? Cities like Prescott and flagstaff have skateparks that allow bikes. Why won't cottonwood help give their bmx riding kids a safe place to hang out and ride? They are forced to ride on the dangerous streets.
Savataba

Camp Verde, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2010

Judged:

You ever have to deal with these kids? Let me weave a story...

I remember one time I was at riverfront park with a bunch of friends doing our own thing. A bunch of kids on bikes where zipping around having fun. However, when we moved our activities into the circle of trees they immediately grouped up and came over to harass us that they were "there" first and we should leave so they could ride their bikes in that little area. We told them to buzz off as we would be done in 20-30 minutes and during that time they could ride their bikes where ever they wanted. They weren't to happy about that and started making threats. Not a single one of these kids were over 16 and yet they felt it was their right to lord over anyone they wished. We told them if they had such an issue they should call law enforcement, otherwise they could buzz off. 30 minutes later when we left that spot they followed us. It wasn't about where they wanted to ride there bikes, but rather harassing adults.

The reason they are treated like criminals is because they act like criminals. Why should the city reward criminals? Now I can agree there are few venues around this city that cater towards a kid and there should be more available. However, rewarding anything to brats will make these brats learn.

If you really want something then form a plan and go for it. Gather support from level headed kids in the area, hold fund raisers, present your case to the city council. And when 3 or 4 kids decide to vandalize your hard work, then you might see things from a different point of view.
Mean Wood

Cottonwood, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2010

Judged:

Rick Cain wrote:
Why doesn't cottonwood have a place for bmx bike riders to ride? They need a place like the skatepark. If they try to ride the skatepark they are arrested. There are over one million bmx bike riders in the US, all of them ride the exact same terrain as skateboarders. Why can't cottonwood stop treating these kids who are causing no harm to anybody like criminals? Cities like Prescott and flagstaff have skateparks that allow bikes. Why won't cottonwood help give their bmx riding kids a safe place to hang out and ride? They are forced to ride on the dangerous streets.
Because Cottonwood is MEAN .....ruled by dysfunctional Old Town bullies who never grew up.
dudley

Cottonwood, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2010

Judged:

we should turn the mago garden into a bmx track!!!!
Rick Cain

Richardson, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2010

Judged:

Savataba wrote:
You ever have to deal with these kids? Let me weave a story...
I remember one time I was at riverfront park with a bunch of friends doing our own thing. A bunch of kids on bikes where zipping around having fun. However, when we moved our activities into the circle of trees they immediately grouped up and came over to harass us that they were "there" first and we should leave so they could ride their bikes in that little area. We told them to buzz off as we would be done in 20-30 minutes and during that time they could ride their bikes where ever they wanted. They weren't to happy about that and started making threats. Not a single one of these kids were over 16 and yet they felt it was their right to lord over anyone they wished. We told them if they had such an issue they should call law enforcement, otherwise they could buzz off. 30 minutes later when we left that spot they followed us. It wasn't about where they wanted to ride there bikes, but rather harassing adults.
The reason they are treated like criminals is because they act like criminals. Why should the city reward criminals? Now I can agree there are few venues around this city that cater towards a kid and there should be more available. However, rewarding anything to brats will make these brats learn.
If you really want something then form a plan and go for it. Gather support from level headed kids in the area, hold fund raisers, present your case to the city council. And when 3 or 4 kids decide to vandalize your hard work, then you might see things from a different point of view.
Sure teenagers are going to be little pains sometimes, especially if they are bored. Had those kids not been kicked out of the PUBLIC skatepark 100 yards away they would have been well out of your hair and out of trouble. A kid who is bored and has nowere to go is bound to get into trouble or worse, killed by a motorist or violence.
Savataba

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

Rick Cain wrote:
A kid who is bored and has nowere to go is bound to get into trouble or worse, killed by a motorist or violence.
Even if the kids are given something to do they still cause trouble and/or violence.
iche lee

New River, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 22, 2010

Judged:

take your kids to some dhan yoga and stfu
revolutionllc

Cottonwood, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2011

Judged:

I just moved to Cottonwood and thought it was a really cool place for bikes. When we first got to town, I saw the cool park and kids on bikes and skateboards having a good time and getting along. So today, I picked up my new Shonky from the bike shop and headed for the park. The cops followed me there and sat behind me and watched as I read the sign that forbids bikes in the park and directs bike riders to a non-existent BMX track. I asked some skaters there what the deal with bikes was and they said don't let the cops see you. Since they decided to park and watch me, I headed into town to the junior high to jump some steps. Well, the cops showed up there after ten minutes and were all lurky and weird. I'm a 33 year old novice rider and couldn't cause damage to anything if I tried. It reminds me of all the crap the cops used to give me when I skated back in the day. Anyway, I live here now. Things WILL be changing even if I have to run for city council. Vote rEVolution!!!
brian

Phoenix, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 30, 2013

Savataba wrote:
<quoted text>
Even if the kids are given something to do they still cause trouble and/or violence.
Now i dont think this is fair. I bmx and have never been in trouble with the police. I know almost every person that rides bmx in cottonwood and most people wouldnt do something like that. Just because a few kids did that doesnt mean were criminals.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Camp Verde Discussions

Search the Camp Verde Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Jennifer N. Norris 1987 - 2010 (Sep '10) Jul 27 Jens Friend 6
Considering relocating to Sedona..what's it lik... (Dec '08) Jul 20 Trixie 228
At nudist resorts, clothing takes a holiday Jul 16 Nudistfriendfinder 1
AZ AZ Hunting Amendment, Proposition 109 (Oct '10) Jul 15 GeorgeKennerly 93
Moving (Nov '11) Jul 14 Gerold 2
AZ Who do you support for Corporation Commissioner... (Oct '10) Jun 29 Silly times 53
Electra Jung - Con Artist Jun '14 J Smith 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Camp Verde Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Camp Verde People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE