Biden: Economic collapse robbed McCai...

Biden: Economic collapse robbed McCain of victory in 2008

There are 52 comments on the CBS News story from Apr 27, 2013, titled Biden: Economic collapse robbed McCain of victory in 2008. In it, CBS News reports that:

Vice President Joe Biden and Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., shake hands after their conversation at the McCain Institute for International Leadership's 2013 Sedona Forum April 26, 2013, at the Enchantment Resort in Sedona, Ariz.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#21 Apr 28, 2013
bottlecap wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to disagree here-----Romney was a solid candidate who ran a strong campaign; a B+ campaign. He made mistakes, no doubt, but look at what he was up against, irrespective of Barack's campaign.
1) Hurricane Sandy, where the nation rallied behind the victims and criticism of any President in times of CRISIS is impossible.
2) Hurricane Isaac during the Republican convention, sucking up valuable air time.
3) The CORPORATE FASCIST MSM covering up Obama's failed Presidency and nit-picking the Romney campaign.
4) Todd Akin's comments and his incredible self-centered decision
to stay in the race.
5) Murdock's comments in Indiana made things worse.
Yes B+-------He made stratigic errors in my opinion, BUT the above five obstacles were TOTALLY out of his control.
It's simply amazing how creatively you can distort reality. Romney is a pigheaded, insincere boor who ran a disasterous campaign. He took every position on every issue, refused to reveal his tax records, and of course, buried himself by finally being honest with his corporate bigwigs when he thought no one else was listening.
Mitt Romney's biggest obstacle was Mitt Romney.
I think you should put the cap back on the bottle, bottlecap.
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#22 Apr 28, 2013
serfs up wrote:
<quoted text> But it will be your vengeance, us getting even with real pain administered, and then the real vengeance. Its a beautiful thing. Da fools who don't heed the warnings for false personal gains are the last to know when the snake starts eating its own.
I

Paranoid much. Come on, boy, lighten up and enjoy life.

You only get one shot (NRA will like that word) at life.
Shinichiro Takizawa

Sendai, Japan

#23 Apr 29, 2013
Dow must be lowered!
Dow must be $3,000.
The S&P Composite Index of 500 (the S&P 500 index) must be lower to 300.
The S&P 500 index must be 300.

If we consider these-years, high-prices of Dow and the S&P 500 index have only bad-effects!
You are to blame!
You are violating PATRIOT-Act!
I strongly believe that I am doing good for our America!

If you want to raise Dow and the S&P 500 index,
the U.S. must be the largest-creditor-nation in the world ever in world-history!

the U.S. must have huge-trade-surplus and huge-current-account-surplus!

the U.S. must have Universal-Health-Care-system!

the U.S. must decrease the gap between the rich and the poor only in the U.S.!

the U.S. must decrease the gap between the rich and the poor only among Americans!

the U.S. must be the world's factory!

the U.S. and American-companies must monopolize all the markets all over the world!

the U.S. must fill the world with Made-in-U.S.A.-products!

the U.S. must revive Heavy-Industry and Manufacturing-Industry only in the U.S. now!

the U.S. must revive Labor-Unions only in the U.S. now!

The U.S. needs Labor-Unions!
The U.S. needs Heavy-Industry and Manufacturing-Industry only in the U.S.!

the U.S. must withdraw her American-Forces from Japan, from South-Korea, from Singapore, from Europe, from Asia, from Pakistan, and from Afghanistan!

the U.S. must withdraw her American-Forces from all the wars in which the U.S. now involves now now now.
Of course, the U.S. must win these wars now now now!

Chechen Independence war, South Ossetia war, Tibetan Independence war, Xinjiang (Uyghur) Independence war,
Asian war, Sino-Indian war, Indo-Pakistani war, Sino-Russia border conflict, Sino-Vietnamese war,
Japan-Russia war, Japan-China war, Japan-S.Korea war, Japan-N.Korea war, Korean war,
European war, Germany-Russia war, British-Russia war, Balkan war, Falklands war,
must be begun now now now!

The U.S. must not involve these wars!The U.S. must make weapons, ships, steel, airplane, PCs, cars, and home-electric-appliances in the U.S.,
and the U.S. must export those weapons, ships, steel, airplanes, PCs, cars, and home-electric-appliances from the U.S. to the world!

The jobless-rate of the U.S. must be 2%!
The minimum-wage of Americans must be $70,000!
The U.S. must have 5-Trillion-dollar-current-acco unt-surplus per year and 5-Trillion-dollar-trade-surplu s per year!

Remember Pearl Harbor!

“Hillary, thirty years of lying”

Since: Nov 08

Paris

#24 Apr 29, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor repugs - now it is about hurricanes! LOLL>
They had a rotten candidate who even the repugs said "anybody but ROmney"
Oh yeah, homes are still being looted on the east coast due to repairs that are still not made do to funding. What happened to the teleprompter in chiefs little speech about cutting the red tape........oh yeah, that was twenty three campaign stops and speeches ago.

Paris

#25 Apr 29, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>I
Paranoid much. Come on, boy, lighten up and enjoy life.
You only get one shot (NRA will like that word) at life.
If the media treated the NAACP like you do the NRA the out cry would be very loud.
Responsibility

Redwood City, CA

#27 Apr 29, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text> NRA
The NRA is all about selling guns (the more the merrier), filling you paranoid folks with fear of the boogyeman and black helicopters and continuing to make the world laugh at our gun culture and gun hugging violence.

Paris

#28 Apr 29, 2013
Virus alert, crapola is on the threads.

[email protected]

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#29 Apr 29, 2013
Bluebonnets-Thistle wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt lost because there are more people now trying to get something from the government rather than put into it....you know..like California.
Blue Blue Blue, It's been a while and I see you've gotten rid of your cat avatar pic. Now if only you could get rid of your desire to post false information, California pays more in federal taxes than they ever get in return which kinda makes your claim false as per the usual.

Good seeing you, how's your health? And where is trucknuts?

[email protected]

Since: Dec 07

Location hidden

#30 Apr 29, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>If the media treated the NAACP like you do the NRA the out cry would be very loud.
Jimmy you know that the NRA is for the owning and advancement of rights for firearms, while the NAACP is for the owning and advancement of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for people.

Are you really going to try to compare which one has a higher calling between an entity that exist to ensure people have the weapons to take life over that which exist to enhance it?

I think you are a smart enough person to figure this one out.

Paris

#31 Apr 29, 2013
Responsibility wrote:
<quoted text>
The NRA is all about selling guns (the more the merrier), filling you paranoid folks with fear of the boogyeman and black helicopters and continuing to make the world laugh at our gun culture and gun hugging violence.
Yes, Hitler, Lenin and Mao used the same argument. You loons like to use the black helicopters a lot. You might want to update the prefered mantra to be Drones since your president and his gay Director of home land security have said it's ok to kill US citizens with them.

Paris

#32 Apr 29, 2013
Dajokerman wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimmy you know that the NRA is for the owning and advancement of rights for firearms, while the NAACP is for the owning and advancement of life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness for people.
Are you really going to try to compare which one has a higher calling between an entity that exist to ensure people have the weapons to take life over that which exist to enhance it?
I think you are a smart enough person to figure this one out.
The NAACP is a racist organization that backs such groups as the New Black Panthers, Fairycon, and Jessie the Thief Jackson. Higher Calling.........I don't think so. With what the NAACP backs, is one more reason for the NRA's support of the 2nd amendment..........protection of our homes and businesses.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#33 Apr 29, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Oh yeah, homes are still being looted on the east coast due to repairs that are still not made do to funding. What happened to the teleprompter in chiefs little speech about cutting the red tape........oh yeah, that was twenty three campaign stops and speeches ago.
You stupid ass! Republicans BLOCKED releasing funds for Hurricane Sandy victims - meanwhile, those affected by Katrina had 65 billion in funds released just 10 days after that hurricane hit you idiot! Congress did not hold that up dipshit - or have you conveniently forgotten already?

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/02/16...

"Earlier, New York Rep. Pete King said his Republican colleagues had exposed a bias against the blue states of the Northeast and that anyone from the area who donates money to them “should have his head examined.”

Paris

#35 Apr 29, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
You stupid ass! Republicans BLOCKED releasing funds for Hurricane Sandy victims - meanwhile, those affected by Katrina had 65 billion in funds released just 10 days after that hurricane hit you idiot! Congress did not hold that up dipshit - or have you conveniently forgotten already?
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/01/02/16...
"Earlier, New York Rep. Pete King said his Republican colleagues had exposed a bias against the blue states of the Northeast and that anyone from the area who donates money to them “should have his head examined.”
Well the typical response from the peanut gallery. Picks a liberal propaganda piece and claims its factual. Why didn't the piece tell us that more than half the money was pork and not even ment for the cost. You lying loons are a hoot for sure.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#37 Apr 29, 2013
conservative crapola wrote:
<quoted text>
...from the fux and wnd parrot.
hahahahahahahahaha
It's just no use trying to make sense with that azzhole Dumbo. Stuck on stupid for life - and proud of it too!

Paris

#38 Apr 29, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just no use trying to make sense with that azzhole Dumbo. Stuck on stupid for life - and proud of it too!
Poor pookie couldn't come back with proof against me. Typical. You clowns really are low and slow informtion voters.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#41 Apr 29, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Poor pookie couldn't come back with proof against me. Typical. You clowns really are low and slow informtion voters.
You have proof - you just don't LIKE the proof.

I've offered sometimes upwards of 3 to 4 links - all verifiable - and you always come back with the same nonsense - yet the extremely few links you ever proffered have never worked.

The clown is the one who tries to rebut a link without a credible link of their own - that be you Dumbo.

Now go drink some anti freeze.

Hypoluxo Fl

#42 Apr 29, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Well the typical response from the peanut gallery. Picks a liberal propaganda piece and claims its factual. Why didn't the piece tell us that more than half the money was pork and not even ment for the cost. You lying loons are a hoot for sure.
DUMBOSPAM Alert DUMBOSPAM Alert DUMBOSPAM Alert DUMBOSPAM Alert

Hypoluxo Fl

#43 Apr 29, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, Hitler, Lenin and Mao used the same argument. You loons like to use the black helicopters a lot. You might want to update the prefered mantra to be Drones since your president and his gay Director of home land security have said it's ok to kill US citizens with them.

Hypoluxo Fl

#44 Apr 29, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>The NAACP is a racist organization that backs such groups as the New Black Panthers, Fairycon, and Jessie the Thief Jackson. Higher Calling.........I don't think so. With what the NAACP backs, is one more reason for the NRA's support of the 2nd amendment..........protection of our homes and businesses.

Paris

#45 Apr 29, 2013
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
You have proof - you just don't LIKE the proof.
I've offered sometimes upwards of 3 to 4 links - all verifiable - and you always come back with the same nonsense - yet the extremely few links you ever proffered have never worked.
The clown is the one who tries to rebut a link without a credible link of their own - that be you Dumbo.
Now go drink some anti freeze.
Oh good so you are going to post it, I mean since it is so easy to obtain?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camp Verde Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Red Haired Tweaker Roaming Verde Valley Fri Martha 42
Pulsic sucks (Oct '14) Aug 11 Youll Never Know 18
Considering relocating to Sedona..what's it lik... (Dec '08) Aug 10 Tucsons Next Mare 273
Sedona has the WORST Music Scene in Arizona! (Jul '13) Aug 8 Your Daddy 13
Review: Cornerstone Church (Nov '15) Aug 2 Richard 2
The Dome house and the occupants. Only One in D... Jul 22 joe smith 3
What Ever Happened to Steve DeVol? Jul '17 Hippie Chick 1

Camp Verde Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Camp Verde Mortgages