Police fatally shoot Marine in Califo...

Police fatally shoot Marine in California desert

There are 5 comments on the El Paso Times story from Nov 12, 2012, titled Police fatally shoot Marine in California desert. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

Police fatally shot a Camp Pendleton Marine who struck an officer with a car in a parking garage in Palm Springs, authorities said Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

June

Douglasville, GA

#1 Nov 13, 2012
Those bicycle police should have just radioed the real police then the car could have been stopped without anyone being killed.

I wonder if that is in the police handbook, to stop a car try climbing in the passenger window?
Anonymous

United States

#2 Nov 13, 2012
Yes, sometimes individuals are shot by police officers without good reason.

But usually it is thugs who get shot. And they deserve it. Good people can then feel safer because those thugs are no longer walking the streets.

Personally, I wish the police would shoot more thugs.Then our large cities would be safer.
June

Douglasville, GA

#3 Nov 13, 2012
I read about a lot of police shootings with cars, seems they are always about to get run over when they do it, seems like if that were true you would still get run over, or will a bullet stop a car?
PATRIOT

United States

#4 Nov 13, 2012
June wrote:
I read about a lot of police shootings with cars, seems they are always about to get run over when they do it, seems like if that were true you would still get run over, or will a bullet stop a car?
You are right about that. That's what they are taught to say. How about "I was in fear of my life" coming from a cop after a shooting or beating. But If I try to use that same "fear for my life" excuse, well you know what happens there-indictment, trial, conviction, and off to prison.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#5 Nov 13, 2012
Anonymous wrote:
Yes, sometimes individuals are shot by police officers without good reason.
But usually it is thugs who get shot. And they deserve it. Good people can then feel safer because those thugs are no longer walking the streets.
Personally, I wish the police would shoot more thugs.Then our large cities would be safer.
Problem is that a lot of those policemen can't tell the difference between a thug and a law abiding citizen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camp Pendleton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OC Surf Soccer tryouts 22 hr thesoccerguy 1
2003 Chevy Trailblazer-CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AND R... (Dec '11) Tue Danny 307
Corinne Hogg and her VA disability - What's wro... (Sep '15) Nov 17 Annonymous 18
News 1 Fatally Shot, 1 Wounded In San Juan Capistrano (Aug '06) Nov '17 Mr Hoodlum 165
News Is compassion giving way to anger over homeless... Nov '17 Little Mary Sunshine 2
Review: Final Strike Martial Arts (Jul '16) Oct '17 Giallorenzo 93
Fidelity Oct '17 Anonymous 1

Camp Pendleton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Camp Pendleton Mortgages