Marines accused of sham marriages...

Marines accused of sham marriages...

There are 24 comments on the KNUS-AM Aurora story from Jul 2, 2011, titled Marines accused of sham marriages.... In it, KNUS-AM Aurora reports that:

Three Southern California Marine corporals are facing charges of defrauding the government for entering into sham marriages for financial gain, the military said Saturday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KNUS-AM Aurora.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

Seminole, FL

#22 Jul 3, 2011
errrr.... I'd expect the military operates under out of the norm rules regarding housing stipends.
writewingproxycontin wrote:
I think that would be difficult to prove any intent to defraud by these marriages, unless there were some explicit, incriminating statement.(I didn't load the article.)
People have empty marriages all the time. There's no legal requirements on where couples must live or how often they must have sex or whether they will have children or whether they so much as like one another.

“The Buybull is innerrrent.”

Since: Jun 08

Silver Spring, MD

#23 Jul 3, 2011
We know military courts or military proceedings offer much less of a safeguarding of rights, but a conviction on this matter should require an ability to prove intent, which absent some sort of specific utterance from someone, can be difficult.

“Take Topix Back From Trolls”

Since: Dec 08

Seminole, FL

#24 Jul 3, 2011
Agreed but I don't know any in lust, I have a truck to move, Lesbians who can't or don't yadda, yadda, yadda regardless of circumstance.

If nothing but to brag on circumstance.

In that they're no better than the bois.
Ron

Summersville, WV

#25 Nov 29, 2011
They could be trying to kill each other instead:
Link:
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/camp-pendleto...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camp Pendleton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Final Strike Martial Arts Dec 2 Yhoover16 26
Looking for s good Church on Sunday? Nov 30 Sandi McGuire 1
2003 Chevy Trailblazer-CHECK ENGINE LIGHT AND R... (Dec '11) Nov 29 Josh 292
Donovan Kearns Nov 19 barstowmule 4
50 homes under threat as brush fire erupts on A... Nov 13 openmind693 1
News Anti-Trump protest in MacArthur Park among a do... Nov 12 The Old Fooster 2
News Issa still leading, barely Nov 10 Go Blue Forever 1

Camp Pendleton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Camp Pendleton Mortgages