Remembering Veteran's Day

Remembering Veteran's Day

There are 11 comments on the Lake Elsinore Valley News story from Nov 18, 2011, titled Remembering Veteran's Day. In it, Lake Elsinore Valley News reports that:

Kris Brake, a Marine from Camp Pendleton, posts flags in the Field of Honor at Murrieta Town Square after the city's Veterans Day parade, Friday, Nov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lake Elsinore Valley News.

Jaem

Westminster, CA

#1 Nov 20, 2011
This article reminded me of how thankful we must be to our Veterans who have served our country. While to them, it is a job or a duty, to us back at home, it is keeping us safe and protection our freedom. I would personally like to say, "Thanks!" to all of our Veterans from EVERY war in America's past.

When thinking of all these men and women have done for our country, I very passionately feel as though these stories need to be told! Because of this, I would like to refer all Veterans to a service that writes your biography. Normally this is a service for elderly individuals who would like to pass down their stories and life lessons to their children, however, this article reminded me how important this is for our Veterans as well. Please, our future generations need your stories, email for more information: [email protected]

God bless America!!!
Thoughts

Redlands, CA

#2 Nov 22, 2011
I was in the service back in 1971, I'm glade that the general publics opinions have changed about the difference between goverment policies and the servicemens service to our County. I remember way back when I was in transit in the U.S. from one post to another, waiting or sleeping in airports trying to work my way to a military transport for deployment while people would come up and shout obscenities at us. It didn't matter if you were assigned to South East Asia or Europe we were all considered on the wrong side of the fence. Back then I had to travel alone using civilian transportation from the midwest to the West coast before getting to our MAC flights. I'm so glade the attitues towards servicemen have changed for the better even if you don't agree with goverment policies.
Proud American

Westminster, CA

#3 Nov 22, 2011
Yes, I totally agree that it is good that the public opinion has changed in this regard. Now, people are wise enough to differentiate (for the most part) between the leaders and the servicemembers who are simply following orders.

It sounds like you have some stories to tell! Have you thought about having Lasting Legacy Biography write your biography?
Thoughts wrote:
I was in the service back in 1971, I'm glade that the general publics opinions have changed about the difference between goverment policies and the servicemens service to our County. I remember way back when I was in transit in the U.S. from one post to another, waiting or sleeping in airports trying to work my way to a military transport for deployment while people would come up and shout obscenities at us. It didn't matter if you were assigned to South East Asia or Europe we were all considered on the wrong side of the fence. Back then I had to travel alone using civilian transportation from the midwest to the West coast before getting to our MAC flights. I'm so glade the attitues towards servicemen have changed for the better even if you don't agree with goverment policies.
Rattle Kattle

Casselberry, FL

#4 Nov 22, 2011
How many US invasions and bombings does it take before we realize...we are TERRORISTS ourselves?

USA GO HOME.......the war is just a waste this country cannot afford.
Thoughts

Redlands, CA

#5 Nov 23, 2011
Rattle Kattle wrote:
How many US invasions and bombings does it take before we realize...we are TERRORISTS ourselves?
USA GO HOME.......the war is just a waste this country cannot afford.
Amazing how the subject of this post has made a left turn into something else so quickly....
Rattle Kattle

Casselberry, FL

#6 Nov 23, 2011
Thoughts wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing how the subject of this post has made a left turn into something else so quickly....
Our military is invading, attacking or occupying how many countries right now?

To call our veterans heroes is ridiculous...they do not guard our country.

Our troops get vacations, the best weapons, pay and medical care, and retirement.

Then they want parades as well? They are overpaid invaders that have not accomplished anyting in the mideast except DEATH, DEBT and DESTRUCTION.

Hopefully thye will be thrown out of all nations they occupy and then guard THIS Nation for a change.

The USA has very few heroes and is a terrorist nation itself.

Jaem

Westminster, CA

#7 Nov 23, 2011
The point is not whether or not you agree with foreign wars, but rather an appreciation for those who have served who are READY and WILLING if there is a need to directly protect our country. Members of the military don't decide how much they will make or their benefits and therefore to hold them accountable would be rather rediculous. There is no point in arguing whether or not the current wars we are in are justified because it is obvious that you have your mind made up and you definitely have a right to your opinion.

I do want to stress my appreciation for the troops whether they feel it is deserved or not. To stress my initial point, we need to record the legacies of these men and women. Each joined for their own reason, but whatever it is, our country depends on them.

God bless America!
Rattle Kattle wrote:
<quoted text>
Our military is invading, attacking or occupying how many countries right now?
To call our veterans heroes is ridiculous...they do not guard our country.
Our troops get vacations, the best weapons, pay and medical care, and retirement.
Then they want parades as well? They are overpaid invaders that have not accomplished anyting in the mideast except DEATH, DEBT and DESTRUCTION.
Hopefully thye will be thrown out of all nations they occupy and then guard THIS Nation for a change.
The USA has very few heroes and is a terrorist nation itself.
Rattle Kattle

Casselberry, FL

#8 Nov 23, 2011
Jaem wrote:
The point is not whether or not you agree with foreign wars, but rather an appreciation for those who have served who are READY and WILLING if there is a need to directly protect our country. Members of the military don't decide how much they will make or their benefits and therefore to hold them accountable would be rather rediculous. There is no point in arguing whether or not the current wars we are in are justified because it is obvious that you have your mind made up and you definitely have a right to your opinion.
I do want to stress my appreciation for the troops whether they feel it is deserved or not. To stress my initial point, we need to record the legacies of these men and women. Each joined for their own reason, but whatever it is, our country depends on them.
God bless America!
<quoted text>
God DOES NOT BLESS AMerica....GREED does.

our troops are no better than their bloody orders.....

Did it ever occur to your dumb azz that they are hurting us more than helping us.

The USA is a sick nation living on credit and lies...we are high tech terrorists ourselves.

Time is not on our side.....our evil revengeful nation will eat its own rotten heart
Jaem

Westminster, CA

#9 Nov 24, 2011
Well, you have interesting thoughts. There is one thing that I can agree with you and that our country is living on credit which definitely should not be the case. Perhaps this would be a good place to end the conversation.

There are many other countries out there, perhaps if you haven't done so, you can search for one that meets your ideals and standards. Best wishes in your search!
Rattle Kattle wrote:
<quoted text>
God DOES NOT BLESS AMerica....GREED does.
our troops are no better than their bloody orders.....
Did it ever occur to your dumb azz that they are hurting us more than helping us.
The USA is a sick nation living on credit and lies...we are high tech terrorists ourselves.
Time is not on our side.....our evil revengeful nation will eat its own rotten heart
Thoughts

Redlands, CA

#10 Nov 24, 2011
As I remember I went where I was instructed to go. I spent half my time in the U.S. defending what I was ordered to defend and when I got my deployment orders to go overseas I went. Back then there was a draft and unless you wanted to go to Canada or jail you did your service as a US or RA. I happen to enjoy being here as a citizen, if doing my time is what it cost...so be it...I did my time. Maybe everyone should do time and see what it's really like outside of the U.S. away from the comforts of what most people have come to enjoy. Maybe then you'll appreciate Veterans Day for what it is....
And by the way at that time I was an Spec. 4 and the pay was so low that I couldn't affort very much, any medical care I got was on post and it was what it was, our cook had hepetitus so we ate a lot of dried noodles, c-rations and dried beef. You do give up a lot of comforts when your in the service away from the (world).....And we do guard in and out of Country. At this point I agree with Jaem, this post has gotten way away from what it originated from. Doesn't do any good to continue.
Rattle Kattle

Casselberry, FL

#11 Nov 24, 2011
Thoughts wrote:
As I remember I went where I was instructed to go. I spent half my time in the U.S. defending what I was ordered to defend and when I got my deployment orders to go overseas I went. Back then there was a draft and unless you wanted to go to Canada or jail you did your service as a US or RA. I happen to enjoy being here as a citizen, if doing my time is what it cost...so be it...I did my time. Maybe everyone should do time and see what it's really like outside of the U.S. away from the comforts of what most people have come to enjoy. Maybe then you'll appreciate Veterans Day for what it is....
And by the way at that time I was an Spec. 4 and the pay was so low that I couldn't affort very much, any medical care I got was on post and it was what it was, our cook had hepetitus so we ate a lot of dried noodles, c-rations and dried beef. You do give up a lot of comforts when your in the service away from the (world).....And we do guard in and out of Country. At this point I agree with Jaem, this post has gotten way away from what it originated from. Doesn't do any good to continue.
Who will our nation bomb NEXT? Who will we INVADE next?

We have evolved into an evil nation.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camp Pendleton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Final Strike Martial Arts (Jul '16) 19 hr Thomas Servantes 91
Experienced e-Bay seller, hot pre-Holiday market! 23 hr twinmommyhjw 1
Ambulance and fire department in Oceanside harbor? Oct 7 Anonymous 1
MilitiaMan 4 Rolling Stone Sep 30 MilitiaMan 1
News "Massage Parlors" Used For Prostitution (Mar '07) Sep 27 Dave 364
Maylette Sep 26 Pointoutdafake 1
News District officials are calling the facility the... Sep 24 marg 1

Camp Pendleton Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance