El Camino president says no to raise

Full story: Daily Breeze 28
Dr. Thomas Fallo , President of El Camino College, reacts during a lighter moment at Monday's Board of Trustee's meeting where he acted to withdraw the action concerning his pay raise. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
V Littlejohn Bkfd CA

Bakersfield, CA

#21 Mar 18, 2009
As an El Camino alumni, I am OUTRAGED that the Board and Dr. Fallo had the audacity to even consider this raise, ESPECIALLY during this economic crisis. I sooo agree with El Co Alumni - Dr. Fallo is a slime ball who is only looking out for his ego and the Board members that supported this raise should never be re-elected. Shame on you people! You are supposed to be educated!
i agree

Glendora, CA

#22 Mar 18, 2009
So people are riding buses and trains to get to college, at least they are going.
Current Employee at ECC

Gardena, CA

#23 Mar 18, 2009
The caption to the photo is wrong. People were not applauding Fallo for taking the pay raise of the agenda. Instead, people were applauding the small victory that was won over an administrator that has no interest in education. He should do some research and find out what a college president is supposed to be and do. The college is very divided and the trust in our leaders is non-existent. How can a college properly function when its leader and main representative in the community is only thinking about himself and not the students. The college would be nothing without the student body and the people behind the scenes.

Fallo, what do you think the enrollment rates will be like in the future when the message you are sending is that the college is not interested in the educational growth of the students. You are a coward and a punk for the bad publicity you are sending to the Torrance community. We are already known for the sexual assault cases but now we have to worry about you manipulating the board. You belong in a regular company where student success is not a priority!
Irate Taxpayer

Moorpark, CA

#24 Mar 18, 2009
This clown already is paid more than the president of CSUDH and CSUDH is a real college not some glorified extension high school:

http://www.sfgate.com/webdb/csupay/...
Just a thought

Gardena, CA

#25 Mar 18, 2009
From how I understand it, the last large increase President Fallo received was when he was up for the chancellors position for the Ventura Community College District - a 3 campus district. The raise at that time was to bring him up to equal or at least meet what the Ventura position was offering.

If that is the case isn't he pretty much already making a salary comparable to a multi-campus district? If his entire rational is that the current offer was to compensate him for his additional work at Compton, I would say technically he is already getting that.

This increase in pay will come up again, probably over summer. Please community keep your eyes and ears open for round 2.
Obama Ayers et al

Maywood, CA

#26 Mar 18, 2009
Current Employee at ECC wrote:
The caption to the photo is wrong. People were not applauding Fallo for taking the pay raise of the agenda. Instead, people were applauding the small victory that was won over an administrator that has no interest in education. He should do some research and find out what a college president is supposed to be and do. The college is very divided and the trust in our leaders is non-existent. How can a college properly function when its leader and main representative in the community is only thinking about himself and not the students. The college would be nothing without the student body and the people behind the scenes.
Fallo, what do you think the enrollment rates will be like in the future when the message you are sending is that the college is not interested in the educational growth of the students. You are a coward and a punk for the bad publicity you are sending to the Torrance community. We are already known for the sexual assault cases but now we have to worry about you manipulating the board. You belong in a regular company where student success is not a priority!
You as an employee of El Camino would have more insight than anyone here in this blog. I used to go to El Camino and it was considered one of the best community colleges in the SB. It was so good that contemplations to convert the school as a university was once on the table.
Are you kidding me

San Bernardino, CA

#27 Mar 19, 2009
Hey Barbara - is that you again?
ECC wrote:
Why all the complaints about a raise? Fallo has a doctorate and obviously put in the time for his education to get where he is at. ECC is a well respected Community College and to take on a Compton CC is a huge task.
People like Fallo deserve whatever pay they can receive. This is only scrutinized because it has to be public information. Unlike the corp execs at AIG who we don't see all their raises.
If you are complaining that he is making too much, you are probably making less than $50k, but all of you had the opportunity to make more. The outrage is more jealousy than an injustice.
formerly really

San Pedro, CA

#28 Mar 19, 2009
Francisco wrote:
<quoted text>Too many people from outside of Torrance and its surroung cities (actually touch Torrance) are going to El Camino are driving the godd name of El Camino to the ground. If you sit at the bus stops outside of the school, you will see huge amount of students riding to the bus, where many are even transfering to the train. Its on thing busing students in, but now having students riding the train to get to school is crazy.
By the way, the students that live in Torrance and its touching cities have a higher success rate of graduating at El Camino than people from other cities.
Why are you assuming that the students who ride the bus or train are from out of town? The further away you live the harder it is to get anywhere on public transit. Your long distance students are probably in cars.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camino Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Placerville police arrest man for child molesta... Jan 13 Reason 6
moving to placerville?? Jan 11 xsf 4
12-Hour Standoff In Placerville Ends After Fire Jan 7 Fahim Mohammed X 2
Review: Brookside Dental - Phuong-Lien Ngo DDS (Oct '10) Dec '14 Satisfied 3
Review: Automotive Excellence Auto (May '09) Dec '14 Realistic 7
Teddy Bear Stuffed With Baby's Ashes Comforts G... (Jun '06) Nov '14 Wolftracks 17
Artist Thomas Kinkade died suddenly of natural ... (Apr '12) Oct '14 Karen Ettien 23
Camino Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Camino People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:10 pm PST