Independence sought for Compton College

Independence sought for Compton College

There are 4 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Oct 24, 2010, titled Independence sought for Compton College. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

When El Camino College near Torrance rescued Compton College from total shutdown due to rampant fraud four years ago, many in the Compton community were grateful.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

Clearasday

Camarillo, CA

#2 Oct 25, 2010
I see a third-rate politicians creating a problem so they can appear to "fix" it. Unfortunately there were inadequate checks and balances at the old college and the jackals dug in. The article states this was the first time in the history of the state for a takeover of a community college. It takes time to right a ship. Could it be that some of the former administrators relate to a culture where corruption in the norm? Is this really a new power grab and attempt to return to the past practice?
bg stine

Long Beach, CA

#3 Oct 25, 2010
If Compton College doesn't like it let them go under. If Camino had not stepped in there would not be ANY Compton College. Then these same people would be yelling they need a community college.

They had less then 2,000 students before ECC came along. Does that justify a college of their own? Let them drive to ECC or Cerritos. Better yet drive to LACC.

It is now over 6,000 students. The Compton activist group has put the word "junior" back in Junior College.
Compton Student

Torrance, CA

#4 Oct 26, 2010
Sound like all this is is an attempt at misinformation and corruption trying to weed its way back into the college. It's people like this that got the campus into this mess in the first place. With out El Camino's help our campus would be huge parking lot. I am proud that my diploma is going to say El Camino College and not Compton.
Nick Adolfo

Redlands, CA

#6 Nov 8, 2010
Are these people who are whining the same people who allowed the situation to occur in the first place? If so, then this is very biased reporting.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camino Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gold Country picnic inspiration from Rustic For... Sep 29 Charley 1
News What you need to know for Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2017 Sep 26 Charley 1
Why do Harleys always appeal to the white trash... (Aug '11) Sep 18 Matt 14
Booming sounds Sep '17 Townie 2
Fire Warning for El Dorado County starting Sep... Sep '17 Charley 1
News At EID: Water rate hikes OK'd (Jan '17) Jun '17 Bob 3
News CHP rescues dirt bike rider who fell down ravin... Jun '17 Charle Savnik 1

Camino Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance