Budget cuts leave El Camino College w...

Budget cuts leave El Camino College with fewer classes for more...

There are 57 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Sep 3, 2009, titled Budget cuts leave El Camino College with fewer classes for more.... In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Students line up to enter a crowded bookstore on the ECC campus. This semester enrollment is estimated 27,500 students, an increase of 10 percent from last semester.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Andrew

Camarillo, CA

#50 Sep 6, 2009
Jake wrote:
Drove out Redondo Beach Blvd yesterday .... nice to see the NEW multi level parking structure complete with electonic signage on how many spaces are available on each level - then a 12% class cut???
What's going on here? Places to park but no classes?!!!!!
GOSH! More places to park but less classes! That's LOL!
What a JERKKKK

Chino Hills, CA

#51 Sep 6, 2009
I am an American wrote:
IF YOU WANT AN EDUCATION, GO TO UCLA AND USC. HOW DO YOU GET THERE. LET SEE...1. YOUR PARENTS SHOULD HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT YOUR EDUCATION BEFORE THEY HAD YOU.(IF WE HAVE A BABY, CAN WE AFFORD FOR THEM TO GO TO SCHOOL...NAAAAA..WILL SEND THEM TO EL CAMINO COLLEGE AND LET THE GOVERMENT PAY THEIR WAY)...STOP BLAMING THE SYSTEM AND START BLAMING YOUR STUPID PARENTS FOR NOT THINKING AHEAD. THE GOVERMENT IS NOT YOUR KEEPER, YOUR PARENTS ARE. PARENTS IF YOU ARE GOING TO SEND YOUR KID TO SCHOOL, MAKE SURE THEY HAVE A GOOD CAR AND YOU HAVE THE MONEY FOR THEIR EDUCATION. OR MAKE SURE THEY HAVE A JOB TO PAY FOR PART OF THEIR EDUCATION AND YOU PAY THE REST. UCLA AND USC HAS ALL SORTS OF OPENINGS..BUT YOU HAVE TO BE SMART AND HAVE MONEY. SO FOR ALL YOU STUPID KIDS GOING TO EL CAMINO COLLEGE, BLAME YOUR PARENTS.
im sorry your a douche and your probably not liked by any one..
have a sad and miserable life
dump people

San Marcos, CA

#52 Sep 6, 2009
I am an American wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so freggingg stupid...they are funded by the goverment when kids get aid from the goverment...again, kids who's parents did not think ahead...stupid parents having kids and then having the goverment pay their kids education. 90 percent of the kids never pay the goverment back....or parents who go back to school on the goverment, because they spent their early lives parting and having kids...the truth hurts to all the dead beat parents who expect the goverment to pay their kids education...
This is not true. Yes, government loans provide additional subsidies to students, but don't think that you're "paying" for your kids education just because you didn't borrow to send them to college. Paying the tuition and fees at UCLA covers less than 20% of the costs of attendance. Like it or not, by going there your kid is a leech that has 80% of his education paid for by unwilling taxpayers. What a welfare queen.
R-Smart

United States

#53 Sep 6, 2009
Jr. Colleges are a major necessity here in America. As a parent, you should be thrilled to know that your child wants to get an education past high school. Any educational institution should be an asset to our country, it is just that some are more affordable than others. Fighting over which one is best is irrelevant and unproductive. Pay the damn fees, get an education and get on with your life. Don't worry about the other guy.
I am an American

Norwalk, CA

#54 Sep 6, 2009
R-Smart wrote:
Jr. Colleges are a major necessity here in America. As a parent, you should be thrilled to know that your child wants to get an education past high school. Any educational institution should be an asset to our country, it is just that some are more affordable than others. Fighting over which one is best is irrelevant and unproductive. Pay the damn fees, get an education and get on with your life. Don't worry about the other guy.
ANOTHER STUPD PARENT..BE PROUD YOU KID WANTS AN EDUCATION ON THE BACK OF AMERICAN TAX PAYERS, BECAUSE YOU AS A PARENT WERE TO STUPID TO THINK AHEAD, INSTEAD YOU WANTED TO PARTY AND HAVE KIDS..BUT THE BURDEN ON OUR UNITED STATES, SEND YOUR KID THE SERVICE AND HAVE HIM OR HER EARN THEIER RIGHT TO HAVE THE GOVERMENT PAY. STUPID PARENTS JUST BECAUSE YOU PARTY AND HAD KIDS WE TRUE THINKING AMERICANS HAVE TO PAY FOR YOUR BACK SEAT ROUMPS.
Hmmm

Redmond, WA

#55 Sep 8, 2009
I am an American wrote:
<quoted text>
ANOTHER STUPD PARENT..BE PROUD YOU KID WANTS AN EDUCATION ON THE BACK OF AMERICAN TAX PAYERS, BECAUSE YOU AS A PARENT WERE TO STUPID TO THINK AHEAD, INSTEAD YOU WANTED TO PARTY AND HAVE KIDS..BUT THE BURDEN ON OUR UNITED STATES, SEND YOUR KID THE SERVICE AND HAVE HIM OR HER EARN THEIER RIGHT TO HAVE THE GOVERMENT PAY. STUPID PARENTS JUST BECAUSE YOU PARTY AND HAD KIDS WE TRUE THINKING AMERICANS HAVE TO PAY FOR YOUR BACK SEAT ROUMPS.
I'm all for "Free Speech" but we need to draw the line with this guy. You are very annoying (not because you have a different viewpoint, but your obvious lack of education, lack of grammar and spelling ability, and most of all, lack of respect for the rest of the posters on here.) These parents are doing their best to make sure their children receive an education. Unfortunately this is something your parents did not do. Or..perhaps they did and you resisted or you knew you could not achieve. Find something better to do with your time. Hey! I know..start by locating the Caps Lock key. middle row..far left...yes...that's it.. Very good!
Huh

Los Angeles, CA

#56 Sep 8, 2009
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text> I'm all for "Free Speech" but we need to draw the line with this guy. You are very annoying (not because you have a different viewpoint, but your obvious lack of education, lack of grammar and spelling ability, and most of all, lack of respect for the rest of the posters on here.)....
I wrote a retort to him which got me put on the moderators screening list. I equated his screeds to braying; I again pointed out his achievement of reproduction; I marveled at the wonders of evolutionary whimsy which blessed him with more intelligent offspring. Yet my posts are screened - and often deleted - on my home computer and his are not <scratching head>

I'm the first to point out life need not be fair, but most things are logical, except moderation on this board.

I won't blow anymore hot air into this troll's sails.
Hmmmm

Redmond, WA

#57 Sep 8, 2009
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I wrote a retort to him which got me put on the moderators screening list. I equated his screeds to braying; I again pointed out his achievement of reproduction; I marveled at the wonders of evolutionary whimsy which blessed him with more intelligent offspring. Yet my posts are screened - and often deleted - on my home computer and his are not <scratching head>
I'm the first to point out life need not be fair, but most things are logical, except moderation on this board.
I won't blow anymore hot air into this troll's sails.
I am amazed at some of the c**p that finds its way on these posts. I suppose the DB loves these folks; prompts others to post their rebuttals, increasing the number of hits, increasing the potential for greater advertising revenues. On the other hand, someone like yourself trys to speak their mind, in an educated and eloquant fashion, and you get chastised. Go figure.
Hmmmm

Redmond, WA

#58 Sep 8, 2009
typing too fast for my own good. Let's try: Tries (instead of trys) and eloquent (in lieu of eloquant).
Voted NO on Y and Z

Los Angeles, CA

#59 Sep 8, 2009
If people/students are worried about the reduction in the classes, charge more per unit so there is sufficent funds to offer more classes.

The day of free rides are over ....

Here We Go Again

La Canada Flintridge, CA

#60 Sep 9, 2009
Hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text> I am amazed at some of the c**p that finds its way on these posts. I suppose the DB loves these folks; prompts others to post their rebuttals, increasing the number of hits, increasing the potential for greater advertising revenues. On the other hand, someone like yourself trys to speak their mind, in an educated and eloquant fashion, and you get chastised. Go figure.
Yes, and your president told your kids yestereday to "watch what you write on your facebook, it is there forever" - which is really directed at parents, oh, and Sarah Palin, who can get more done by typing a couple of sentences, than anybody else in government right now.
Here We Go Again

La Canada Flintridge, CA

#61 Sep 9, 2009
Voted NO on Y and Z wrote:
If people/students are worried about the reduction in the classes, charge more per unit so there is sufficent funds to offer more classes.
ah, the concept of free market capitalism (which Michael Moore says is EVIL...I guess he forgets what system is getting his stupid movie sold) However, this doesn't mix well with government subsidized institutions...it's too bad they can't weed out the kids who are there just to waste time...I wish the DB or others would do some investigational journalism (oxymoron) about the drop rates at ECC, etc. so the public knows more about how many taxpayer dollars are being wasted
I am an American

Riverside, CA

#62 Sep 9, 2009
Voted NO on Y and Z wrote:
I agree the free rides ar over. And people I work for a living and do not expect a free ride on the goverments back to make a living or give my son an education at UCLA. Just because you were a dead beat parent and deceided to makes kids instead of thinking of the future and how you were going to educate them. You want to give them an education on the back of our goverment because you feel the goverment owes you (typical welfare parent)..Send them to the service and have them earn their right for a free education...Dead beat Parents you people stick together...THE TRUTH HURSTS...A JC COLLEGE IS FOR DUMB, POOR KIDS WHO'S PARENTS WHERE TO STUPID TO THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE IF THEY HAD KIDS...PARENTS YOU PEOPLE ARE DEAD BEATS...AND THE TRUTH HURTS...SEND YOU KIDS TO THE SERVICE AND HAVE THEM EARN THEIR WAY...
Hmmm

Redmond, WA

#63 Sep 9, 2009
I am an American wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree the free rides ar over. And people I work for a living and do not expect a free ride on the goverments back to make a living or give my son an education at UCLA. Just because you were a dead beat parent and deceided to makes kids instead of thinking of the future and how you were going to educate them. You want to give them an education on the back of our goverment because you feel the goverment owes you (typical welfare parent)..Send them to the service and have them earn their right for a free education...Dead beat Parents you people stick together...THE TRUTH HURSTS...A JC COLLEGE IS FOR DUMB, POOR KIDS WHO'S PARENTS WHERE TO STUPID TO THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE IF THEY HAD KIDS...PARENTS YOU PEOPLE ARE DEAD BEATS...AND THE TRUTH HURTS...SEND YOU KIDS TO THE SERVICE AND HAVE THEM EARN THEIR WAY...
Boy, for a moment, I thought he had actually learned how to turn off his caps lock. Thought there was hope for him yet. Of course, even if he turns his caps lock off, there is no spell check (of course he would have to figure out where that button was..)What a miserable life this person has. I feel sorry for him and his family. Perhaps the UCLA student will land a good job on the east coast so that he doesnt have to be so close to home.
Huh

Los Angeles, CA

#64 Sep 9, 2009
Hmmm wrote:
<quoted text>Boy, for a moment, I thought he had actually learned how to turn off his caps lock. Thought there was hope for him yet. Of course, even if he turns his caps lock off, there is no spell check (of course he would have to figure out where that button was..)What a miserable life this person has. I feel sorry for him and his family. Perhaps the UCLA student will land a good job on the east coast so that he doesnt have to be so close to home.
It's too easy to pick on people for their spelling or grammar. This donkey presents a rich target for its stubborn refusal to believe the obvious; for its toddler-like repetition of its argument; for its bullying nature; for its reliance on insults; etc...

It's like arguing with a two-year old. At least the two-year old can't vote. Unfortunately, the Donkey can.

The Donkey is going to be heartbroken when its son comes home and reveals that UCLA is cutting services to make ends meet, too. Oops, should wasted its money on USC. Or PDCC!
dump people

San Marcos, CA

#65 Sep 9, 2009
UCLA students are welfare queens. they pay nothing compared to what taxpayers pay for those classes.
I am an American

Diamond Bar, CA

#66 Sep 12, 2009
I am a stupid moron. I can't think of a more intelligent way to get my point across, so I repeat the same thing over and over.

I am a moron.
I am a moron.
I am a moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camino Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Marcos Breton: Obama critic in Placerville offe... (Jul '08) Mon WellArmed 24
Review: Brookside Dental - Phuong-Lien Ngo DDS (Oct '10) May 9 Jerry Kramer 4
Nood Senior Dancing In Park at Night Apr '16 Mollusca 1
trapped in pollock, desperately need black (Jun '15) Apr '16 Anonymous 4
News El Dorado County official upset by low-flying p... (Nov '07) Mar '16 Col Rathbone CSA 38
News Oakland's costly gamble with spiking its minimu... Feb '16 WTF? 1
See Something, Say Something to Law Enforcement Feb '16 Knows 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Camino Mortgages