Cesar Chavez Day to be marked in the ...

Cesar Chavez Day to be marked in the Southland

There are 35 comments on the LA Daily News story from Mar 31, 2010, titled Cesar Chavez Day to be marked in the Southland. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Hundreds turn out during the 17th Annual Cesar E. Chavez March for Justice and Cultural Arts Festival that started with a rally at Brand Park in Mission Hills and ended at Ritchie Valens Park in Pacoima CA.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Escape CA

United States

#24 Apr 2, 2010
Brien Comerford wrote:
I consider Cesar Chavez to be the Catholic Gandhi. He nonviolently fought on behalf of overworked and underpaid farm workers and migrants who toiled in lethally dangerous working conditions.
You're a brainwashed raza fool. His thugs used violence and threats of violence. In the Imperial Valley, arson was a favorite tool.
ChileanGrapes

Malibu, CA

#25 Apr 2, 2010
Where are my Grapes? Last time I went to the store, they were $7 a pound! None from California because the Mexicans won't pick them, so we import them instead. Get rid of all the Mexican farmworkers and we can import ALL of our produce...at a very high price. But then, you don't like immigrant labor to keep your food prices lower, do you Dave Smith? Americans eat an average of 79 pounds of Bananas every Year, NONE grown in the US, but some very, very rich Jewish BILLIONAIRE Americans own entire plantations with names like Chiquita and Dole in various Countries in South America. Ah, the American way. Castigate one individual for trying to bring a living wage to the underclass. Be careful what side of the fence you sit on, poor farmworkers or Billionaire Jews...interesting dichotomy if you dislike them both...as MOST Americans will attest.
Escape CA

United States

#26 Apr 2, 2010
Never needed illegal mexicans in the midwest during the last 175 years... did and do fine without them. Lots of the farm labor went to high school kids needing work.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#28 Apr 2, 2010
Escape CA wrote:
Never needed illegal mexicans in the midwest during the last 175 years... did and do fine without them. Lots of the farm labor went to high school kids needing work.
HMMM...if that is the case why did we bring Mexican Migrant workers to come work in our fields as "braceros"?
in addition we are the ones that provided transportation to these Migrant workers, our high school kids were not working in the fields they were getting trained to go fight wars for uncle Sam...sad but true.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#29 Apr 2, 2010
Bureaucratic Mess wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that spelling errors and typos should be overlooked because we're usually writing for fun and while doing other things. But how about using a stinking period once in a while?
Oh, all those people back then "needed" labor union, huh? I wonder how many of them now regret those labor unions closing down their employers because the unions bankrupted them or forced them to move overseas?
The supposed contributions to American labor law by unions are highly debatable. I and many others argue they've done far more good than harm. But even if they did good in the past, that has nothing to do with the clear harm they're causing today in government.
I totally agree, my husband works for Teamsters Union and while I appricate the great benifits that they provide for my family, on the contrary I work in Human Resouces and know all the BS they get away with...what can I say...

“America & LEGAL Americans 1st”

Since: Aug 08

Chatsworth

#30 Apr 2, 2010
breezybee wrote:
<quoted text>
HMMM...if that is the case why did we bring Mexican Migrant workers to come work in our fields as "braceros"?
in addition we are the ones that provided transportation to these Migrant workers, our high school kids were not working in the fields they were getting trained to go fight wars for uncle Sam...sad but true.
Instead of hiring illegal aliens to work in the fields we could also send all the welfare freaks out to get the exercise and make the money.

Since: Dec 09

Location hidden

#31 Apr 2, 2010
West Valley Dave Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of hiring illegal aliens to work in the fields we could also send all the welfare freaks out to get the exercise and make the money.
YES WE SHOULD!!!...But they will only find excuses not to go.And I also think we should have all the unemployed who are recieving unemployment go do some Jury Duty!!! instead of asking the few people who are employed to take time off work.

“America & LEGAL Americans 1st”

Since: Aug 08

Chatsworth

#32 Apr 2, 2010
breezybee wrote:
<quoted text>
YES WE SHOULD!!!...But they will only find excuses not to go.And I also think we should have all the unemployed who are recieving unemployment go do some Jury Duty!!! instead of asking the few people who are employed to take time off work.
No work, no welfare.
yea

Van Nuys, CA

#33 Apr 2, 2010
Mark wrote:
Now ICE knows where the illegals will be today...time to do a round-up and deport.
If the native american had ICE when european came to this land you wouldn't be here.
yea

Van Nuys, CA

#34 Apr 2, 2010
West Valley Dave Smith wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of hiring illegal aliens to work in the fields we could also send all the welfare freaks out to get the exercise and make the money.
How about send all the republicans, and tea party ( beer party members ) to pick on the fields what they eat. If they would do that they would't be overweight and the new health reform would be more affordable.
Bureaucratic Mess

Glendale, CA

#35 Apr 2, 2010
yea wrote:
<quoted text> If the native american had ICE when european came to this land you wouldn't be here.
But they didn't and the land is now ours. Nanananananana
yea

Van Nuys, CA

#36 Apr 2, 2010
Ours? with the money we owe china it now has a new owner. Thanks to the republicans, Bush borrowed the money to fund the Irak war, bailouts.
Bureaucratic Mess

Glendale, CA

#37 Apr 2, 2010
yea wrote:
Ours? with the money we owe china it now has a new owner. Thanks to the republicans, Bush borrowed the money to fund the Irak war, bailouts.
And your Dear Leader just made it wayyyyy worse. libloon. Obama has more than doubled the national debt of all 43 previous presidents (including Dubya) COMBINED!

Are you next going to change the subject to manmade global warming? Don't go there, librat, ClimateGate has been exposed to be a socialist fraud to be used as an excuse to weaken the USA and allow governments to take more control over the people ... and many now say we're in an extended cooking trend.

It must suck to be a liberal today when everyone is figuring out how dumb and evil you all are.

“America & LEGAL Americans 1st”

Since: Aug 08

Chatsworth

#38 Apr 2, 2010
yea wrote:
<quoted text>How about send all the republicans, and tea party ( beer party members ) to pick on the fields what they eat. If they would do that they would't be overweight and the new health reform would be more affordable.
You should watch out. Your stupidity is showing. You and your liberal friends just might be doing that if Obummer Hood has his way and drives this country into socialist bankruptcy. And if you think Obamacare is going to make health care more affordable you need a labotomy. But you will have to wait in line because medical service is going to be rationed.
gottawonder

Downey, CA

#39 Apr 3, 2010
yea wrote:
<quoted text> If the native american had ICE when european came to this land you wouldn't be here.
ICE hasn't been doing its job well enough lately, they probably wouldn't have done much back then either... lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camino Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
fire in Georgetown 15 hr Shirley 1
News Placerville police arrest man for child molesta... (Nov '14) Jul 29 Mountaingrown 8
News Investigation continues into double shooting (Jul '08) Jul 20 In-Law 127
trapped in pollock, desperately need black Jun '15 h addict 1
Women helping women Jun '15 Starter 4
Love & Relationships May '15 Say no to cults 5
News Upper Placerville Flooded with Pedestrian traff... (Sep '13) May '15 laugh 5
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Camino Mortgages