Marin healthcare exec could receive $...

Marin healthcare exec could receive $856,560 in annual compensa...

There are 23 comments on the Marin Independent Journal story from Jan 5, 2009, titled Marin healthcare exec could receive $856,560 in annual compensa.... In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

Lee Domanico, the Marin Healthcare District's executive director, could receive total compensation of $856,560 a year each of the next two years if he is awarded the maximum bonuses possible in a proposed ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nerduchi

San Rafael, CA

#1 Jan 5, 2009
Gee he only makes $428 per hour! That's just what your average person needs to earn in order to live in Marin these days. Anything less and you better get your tent unpacked........

“Avoid Taxes, Don't Work !”

Since: Jul 08

San Jose, CA

#2 Jan 5, 2009
No wonder we the once middle class can't afford health insurance. And they needed a consultant ?
Crabtree

Mountain View, CA

#3 Jan 6, 2009
I go out of Marin for most of my healthcare. This place has incredibly greedy healthcare providers who know little about medicine and we are paying this Bozo how much? His Swiss bank account must be getting low.
Robin

San Francisco, CA

#4 Jan 6, 2009
I stayed at Marin General recently and it is a disgraceful Third World facility.

No amount of pay will change that so they should pay the bare min. until they build something new.
Death N Taxes

United States

#5 Jan 6, 2009
Are you kidding me?? When is the public sector going to start compensating people like the private sector?---bloated pensions, health care benefits....wow, I got in the wrong line of work!
david

San Jose, CA

#6 Jan 6, 2009
just don't understand what makes some jobs worth so much $$$$.Why is it so difficult to run a hospital and what are his "secrets" if his special worthiness is this valuable perhaps he should write a book and let us all know how he does what he does.Health care is so broken and expensive we need all the help available. Part of his job requirements should be to pass on his magic....
Gabriel

Knutsford, UK

#7 Jan 6, 2009
Ok, ok......I will do it for 600k. but not a penny less!
little dano

Fairfax, CA

#8 Jan 6, 2009
disgusting! Why do hospitals charge me $500 for a basic blood test. When
I had insurance, they charged my insurance company $75.00? Same test-
same hospital-same crooks. I heard it was because of collective bargaining.
Well. I'm actually embarrassed I once looked up to this profession. We need
to legalize most drugs and order our own tests. If i am expected to work
and pay taxes, why can't i prevent a blood vessel in my brain from exploding,
or save my kidneys with $5.00 blood pressure medication?
Or buy some xanax, if i'm experiencing a full blown panic attack?

For all you people who have good insurance now-one day you might not.
by the way, when you become eligible for medicare, try to find a doctor who will
see you in Marin. You will end up being treated like a medi-cal patient-well
almost.(basil excluded)
little dano

Fairfax, CA

#9 Jan 6, 2009
david wrote:
just don't understand what makes some jobs worth so much $$$$.Why is it so difficult to run a hospital and what are his "secrets" if his special worthiness is this valuable perhaps he should write a book and let us all know how he does what he does.Health care is so broken and expensive we need all the help available. Part of his job requirements should be to pass on his magic....
I agree. I know running a hospital is difficult, but if they didn't piss off the public-many people would leave their estates to them.

Look at the amount of money people have left
Saint Jude,s children hospital?
Literati Furiosa

San Rafael, CA

#10 Jan 6, 2009
A half a million here, a half a million there, pretty soon
we'll be able to afford a real hospital - one that gets a
seismic upgrade. It's only been what?- 20 years since
Loma Prieta? Fortunately, we have real pros running
the hospital.
Jane

Santa Clara, CA

#12 Jan 6, 2009
Sutter hasn't even given the one year I'm out of here notice. When does this guy's salary start? You would never think health care was such a money making business!!
Crabtree

San Jose, CA

#13 Jan 6, 2009
Sutter that is another big rip off they charge way more for MRI's in Novato then if you get one in Greebrae but they have their "reasons" why if you ask but it all boils down to greed.

Try getting diagnosed for a chronic illness when you have insurance in this county. I went to a CFS expert or so he claimed when I had good insurance and he would not even order a EBV test for me. He diagnosed me with a chronic persistent cold. Have you ever had a cold for over 16 years? I am so glad I paid extra to see a Marin "expert". They wait until you are too sick to work and have no insurance left before you can get diagnosed for anything chronic and then you still need to go out of the county to do it. Pitiful!
Misfit

United States

#14 Jan 6, 2009
Domanico's magic will not work at Marin General Hospital. The culture there is too cemented in stone. The physicians are in control, won't comply, the staff will NOT accept change and the Management has no vision. That's just how it has been and will always be at MGH.

San Jose, CA

#15 Jan 6, 2009
My understanding is this is the illegal alien central hospital as Kaiser turns them away.
Marin RN

United States

#16 Jan 6, 2009
Utterly shameful. Complete lack of fiscal integrity. Complete disregard for the welfare and well-being of average citizens in our fine county. This is a perfect example of the unabashed excess and greed that has driven the quality of healthcare in America into the gutter. Disgusting.
Crabtree

San Francisco, CA

#17 Jan 7, 2009
I really wish the Marin IJ would ban people like Homey Says who just come here to make discriminatory remarks. What difference does it make what country someone comes from if they are in need of healthcare or emergency care? You sure don't mind having people from other countries mow your lawn or scrub your toilet for you and if you can pay them the cheaply you feel happy.

San Jose, CA

#18 Jan 7, 2009
Crabtree wrote:
I really wish the Marin IJ would ban people like Homey Says who just come here to make discriminatory remarks. What difference does it make what country someone comes from if they are in need of healthcare or emergency care? You sure don't mind having people from other countries mow your lawn or scrub your toilet for you and if you can pay them the cheaply you feel happy.
The landlord hires the gardener and he is a hispanic legal citizen. Nice guy. We do not hire maids. We do our own work. Now as to my opinion about those here illegally, including Ireland, that's my choice. I know too many people without skills who are competing for the same jobs.

“Taste great in milk!”

Since: Aug 08

#19 Jan 7, 2009
Crabtree wrote:
I suppose next You're going to tell Us that We don't know how to cook.
Try the "burgers will go un flipped" one, or My favourite.."food will rot in the fields/lettuce will be $10 a head" line.
I need a good laugh.
alfa wolf

San Rafael, CA

#20 Jan 7, 2009
Crabtree wrote:
Yeah, I do mind it. Alot. I scrub my own toilets, wash my own cars, tend to my own landscaping, make my own runs to the Dumps when necessary - all without benefit of any illegal stepping foot onto my property. I won't do business with illegals or any company that employs them.
Mark Dennis

Sunnyvale, CA

#21 Jan 7, 2009
While it is disgusting that Mr. Domanico would receive such extreme compensation, I also would like to point out the ridiculous compensation of Mr. Bradley, one of the most incompetent & selfish CEOs MGH has ever had. Much of the criticism of Sutter Health/MGH has been overblown by the MIJ, but not nearly enough coverage has been focused on Mr. Bradley himself. Once done, hopefully Mr. Bradley would at least feel a little shame at his behavior.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camino Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Marcos Breton: Obama critic in Placerville offe... (Jul '08) May 30 WellArmed 24
Review: Brookside Dental - Phuong-Lien Ngo DDS (Oct '10) May '16 Jerry Kramer 4
Nood Senior Dancing In Park at Night Apr '16 Mollusca 1
trapped in pollock, desperately need black (Jun '15) Apr '16 Anonymous 4
News El Dorado County official upset by low-flying p... (Nov '07) Mar '16 Col Rathbone CSA 38
News Oakland's costly gamble with spiking its minimu... Feb '16 WTF? 1
See Something, Say Something to Law Enforcement Feb '16 Knows 2

Camino Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Camino Mortgages