Mosquito Fire Dept. totally incompetant

Mosquito Fire Dept. totally incompetant

Posted in the Camino Forum

1 800 No Illegals

United States

#1 Jun 18, 2009
Ive lived in the mosquito area( Placerville Ca.) for twenty years. It is a small community in the foothills and forest. El Dorado county has a law that bans ALL Fireworks at all times in any place. The reason is quite simple. This area is a tinder box, just waiting to explode. Even safe and sane fireworks are banned in the city. The county always has had a decent fireworks show in the city, at the fairgrounds, done safely.

I was driving home, and someone had plastered signs all over the bridge, like its an advertisement board, stating that there would be a FIREWORKS show at finnon lake, and cost was $10.
I immediately was inflamed. What stupid idiot would grant a permit for fireworks to be used in a very dangerously dry area? I called the El Dorado county Fire Dept. and was dismissed as " ranting and raving" and that they dont issue permits for that juristiction, and i was to call the local fire dept. which is the Mosquito Fire Dept.
I called there and complained as well, only to be told that they dont issue the permits for that, i would have to call the county fire dept... Which i already did. Just more bullsh&t run around. No one wants to own up or take responsability.
Then the woman who answered the call gave me some cheesy excuse as to why they needed a fireworks show up here in the hills, and that going to town for the safe fireworks show was "inconvenient" for her and her little kids.
I am apalled that the incompetant Mosquito Fire Dept. would even consider such a stupid request.
Example of their incompetancy, goes back a few years to when a association worker waited until august to mow the common area and hit a rock and started a fire. He simply ran like a big pus%%. When the fire dept finally did show up, it was way over their experience levels and training, and they were rendered useless. CDF was called in and the Real fireman came in and saved a good portion of the community.
This double standard crap has got to go, and the liberals from the bay who think that everything caters to them are the ones who have caused these problems. Newcomers who think they have to change everything. Go back to your stupid city, if you want to see fireworks.
I urge anyone who lives in this county who reads this to call and complain, before the 4th of july fireworks show at finnon lake goes awry and burns down the community or forest.
1 800 Im Stupid

Grass Valley, CA

#2 Jun 18, 2009
It appears someone from the foothills has finally hit the rock with a mower. Indeed, all the problems that occur in Mosquito and surrounding areas are caused by bay area liberal.
Why, I was recently conversing with a ultra conservative friend about the firebug employed at the Diamond Springs fire station, discussing how only a liberal Fireman wannabe could infiltrate the conservative enclave of he-man conservative firemen club, only to turn out to be an arsonist-gun runner. He was a newcomer to boot, right?
We then switched conversation about the Presba, murderers. More liberal newcomers disturbing the conservative peaceful lifestyle. I have to say, I'm mad as hell with these liberals
Finally, before I explode, I have to mention the event that took place in Shingle Springs, a while ago, no, not the one regarding the suspected rapist. The one involving the Sheriff deputies that sued the woman whose son killed his father, subsequently, her son also died. She lost a son and a husband. I have to scratch my head on that one. Was the son the liberal, or the Deputies that sued a grieving mother and widow, liberals?
I don't know, what I do know is we foothillians, need to stand our ground, and prevent the liberals from degrading our wonderfully, peaceful and conservative lifestyle, before it goes up in flames, drugs and crime!
Tazone

Fair Oaks, CA

#3 Jun 19, 2009
1 800 No Illegals wrote:
Ive lived in the mosquito area( Placerville Ca.) for twenty years. It is a small community in the foothills and forest. El Dorado county has a law that bans ALL Fireworks at all times in any place. The reason is quite simple. This area is a tinder box, just waiting to explode. Even safe and sane fireworks are banned in the city. The county always has had a decent fireworks show in the city, at the fairgrounds, done safely.
I was driving home, and someone had plastered signs all over the bridge, like its an advertisement board, stating that there would be a FIREWORKS show at finnon lake, and cost was $10.
I immediately was inflamed. What stupid idiot would grant a permit for fireworks to be used in a very dangerously dry area? I called the El Dorado county Fire Dept. and was dismissed as " ranting and raving" and that they dont issue permits for that juristiction, and i was to call the local fire dept. which is the Mosquito Fire Dept.
I called there and complained as well, only to be told that they dont issue the permits for that, i would have to call the county fire dept... Which i already did. Just more bullsh&t run around. No one wants to own up or take responsability.
Then the woman who answered the call gave me some cheesy excuse as to why they needed a fireworks show up here in the hills, and that going to town for the safe fireworks show was "inconvenient" for her and her little kids.
I am apalled that the incompetant Mosquito Fire Dept. would even consider such a stupid request.
Example of their incompetancy, goes back a few years to when a association worker waited until august to mow the common area and hit a rock and started a fire. He simply ran like a big pus%%. When the fire dept finally did show up, it was way over their experience levels and training, and they were rendered useless. CDF was called in and the Real fireman came in and saved a good portion of the community.
This double standard crap has got to go, and the liberals from the bay who think that everything caters to them are the ones who have caused these problems. Newcomers who think they have to change everything. Go back to your stupid city, if you want to see fireworks.
I urge anyone who lives in this county who reads this to call and complain, before the 4th of july fireworks show at finnon lake goes awry and burns down the community or forest.
It's funny how your post has no proof of any political affiliations held by these people who have so enraged you yet you still rant and rave.It's no wonder that they dismissed you as a total nut.
42 year resident El Do Co

Gardena, CA

#5 Jun 19, 2009
Obviously higher the elevation; lower the IQ.
Joe BFNL

Los Banos, CA

#8 Jun 21, 2009
1-800 what ever = total wackjob! Hate filled twisted nutcase. MFD are good people. You are a liar and do not have any friends, let alone any at DFD. The arsonist is from a longtime local family.
1-800-Im-Stupid

Grass Valley, CA

#9 Jun 21, 2009
Joe BFNL wrote:
1-800 what ever = total wackjob! Hate filled twisted nutcase. MFD are good people. You are a liar and do not have any friends, let alone any at DFD. The arsonist is from a longtime local family.
Obviously, you missed the facetiousness of my post.
1 800 No Illegals

United States

#10 Jun 21, 2009
1 800 Im Stupid wrote:
It appears someone from the foothills has finally hit the rock with a mower. Indeed, all the problems that occur in Mosquito and surrounding areas are caused by bay area liberal.
Why, I was recently conversing with a ultra conservative friend about the firebug employed at the Diamond Springs fire station, discussing how only a liberal Fireman wannabe could infiltrate the conservative enclave of he-man conservative firemen club, only to turn out to be an arsonist-gun runner. He was a newcomer to boot, right?
We then switched conversation about the Presba, murderers. More liberal newcomers disturbing the conservative peaceful lifestyle. I have to say, I'm mad as hell with these liberals
Finally, before I explode, I have to mention the event that took place in Shingle Springs, a while ago, no, not the one regarding the suspected rapist. The one involving the Sheriff deputies that sued the woman whose son killed his father, subsequently, her son also died. She lost a son and a husband. I have to scratch my head on that one. Was the son the liberal, or the Deputies that sued a grieving mother and widow, liberals?
I don't know, what I do know is we foothillians, need to stand our ground, and prevent the liberals from degrading our wonderfully, peaceful and conservative lifestyle, before it goes up in flames, drugs and crime!
Your post is completely irrealavant. Shut up dumbass.

every liberal i know is a pathetic wussy. You are one. Liberals always want to do what feels good, not what is right. Common sense is something liberals just dont posses. And by the way, no im not a bush supporter, and he was as much as a liberal as you. so you can keep your sarchasm, and when osama obama your hero causes the end of the western civilization , dont bother asking any survivalist for help, all youll get is a bullet.(from those guns you want banned)
1-800-YOU ARE STUPID

Grass Valley, CA

#11 Jun 21, 2009
1 800 No Illegals wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post is completely irrealavant. Shut up dumbass.
every liberal i know is a pathetic wussy. You are one. Liberals always want to do what feels good, not what is right. Common sense is something liberals just dont posses. And by the way, no im not a bush supporter, and he was as much as a liberal as you. so you can keep your sarchasm, and when osama obama your hero causes the end of the western civilization , dont bother asking any survivalist for help, all youll get is a bullet.(from those guns you want banned)
Of course you didn't support bush. you probably didn't understand his doctrine. He spoke in words above your level of comprehension. The man was articulate as all get out.

There is a difference between being a liberal, a conservative and a raving idiot. When the raving idiots form a political party, there is now doubt, you will be their spokeswoman.

By the way, have you noticed there is a spell checker available when posting?

Hey, I'm just trying to help you make your posts more intelligible, so that you don't come across as a hillbilly.

Also, please note I have refrained from calling you names. I suppose given your limited vocabulary (the very reason G.W. was over your head), words of insult dominate your daily use of the English language. Perhaps you should consider taking a remedial English language course to get back on track with your sixth grade education. I'm more than certain, there will be a whole slew of illegals there willing to help you pass the class.
goldminer

Folsom, CA

#13 Feb 15, 2012
The Mosquito Fire Protection District granted a fireworks permit to the MVFA to use Safe and Sane fireworks to be used off of a raft anchored 40 yards from shore on Finnon Lake. Safe and Sane fireworks are not the "burst in the air" kind that was referenced at the fairgounds. I think this person "KINDA" over-reacted without facts. Dismissed as a nut - Good Call from all involved
Appalled citizen

United States

#14 Dec 12, 2012
How bout do a really interesting story about the present fire chief not having appropriate schooling or certs to be the fire chief!!!! This information came out at the districts election debate, and the acting board members aknoledged this!!! If this were any other district, this would be all over the news. WHY has this continued to go on and leave the citizens of swansburrow at risk??
nanny2015

North Highlands, CA

#15 Nov 14, 2013
You should get you faxs straight and well as your comments. We are allowed to have fireworks up here that are safe and sane unlike you. We did them out in the lake at Finnon and about the fire. My husband was on the crew who fought the fire and they had a good handle on it and did not wait till it was so far gone. You need to move back to the bay area where you came from.
1 800 No Illegals wrote:
nanny2015

North Highlands, CA

#16 Nov 14, 2013
Who else wanted the job, no one get your faxs straight you need to leave our community and go some where else.
Appalled citizen wrote:
How bout do a really interesting story about the present fire chief not having appropriate schooling or certs to be the fire chief!!!! This information came out at the districts election debate, and the acting board members aknoledged this!!! If this were any other district, this would be all over the news. WHY has this continued to go on and leave the citizens of swansburrow at risk??
Johnny2267

United States

#17 Feb 3, 2014
Nanny2015 you get your "facts" straight, everyone new the "EX" fire chief had no business being there, the "facts" are there, all you have to do is walk away from your keyboard and ask for yourself about the incompetents and lack of professionalism the Board of directors allowed to continue to take place in this community.

And plenty of REAL fire chiefs would take that job as the fire chief of mosquito if the board did not discriminate against outsiders that applied for the job as fire chief.

It's people like you that close there eyes when real problems are at hand, and would rather throw your own feces at those that point out the real problems!
Shelly Hobbs

United States

#18 Feb 4, 2014
I'm new to the neighborhood and new to this forum, but my question is this.

Is there a way we can vote out the board that oversees the fire department? Seems to me these men and women are the ones to blame for bringing in the old fire chief that use to preside at the fire house and put the community at risk.

Will they be held accountable for there actions?

Seems like there are to many close friends in this town that run the place (ie airport association board, homeowners association, mosquito volunteer association board and last but not least the mosquito fire protection board) all of them are friends and or neighbors and there opposite spouse may search on a board that the other is not , some of those I hear are married and serving on the same board at one point and time at the same time.

Does this not become a conflict of interest?

Who holds these people accountable?
Irritated

Somerset, CA

#19 Apr 17, 2014
I find it very interesting that most if not all of the folks listed on this post do not even live in Swansboro (nor know how to spell it). I would think that if you don't live here, or did not get involved in the community while living here then you should keep your mouth shut. I do agree that changes need to be made, but bad mouthing the fire department is not the way to do it. I am not sure if you folks realize that the station is primarily a "volunteer department" meaning that the folks coming out to help the community do so without any PAY!! Something a lot of you probably have never or would never consider. Also, do you really understand what is required to be a fire chief? Are you yourself a fire chief or ex chief?

I think it is great when folks point their fingers and complain but want nothing to do with their own community. They just want to stand back and watch..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camino Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News At EID: Water rate hikes OK'd 2 hr Bob 3
News CHP rescues dirt bike rider who fell down ravin... 6 hr Charle Savnik 1
Review: BOWENS CUSTOM CABINETS (Jan '16) May 29 Folsom law office 5
News Menlo Park: Teen wellness center opens doors Apr '17 Humanspirit 1
News Adventures abound in Gold Country Mar '17 Any time 1
Poll Who is El Dorado's worst ? (Aug '08) Feb '17 Gotchills 30
News Placerville's Webb to retire (Jul '09) Jan '17 10 pin 17

Camino Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance