barron co probation officers on a pow...

barron co probation officers on a power trip

Posted in the Cameron Forum

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Feb 11, 2013
It seems Barron co probation system is out of control. One of the PO's is a Barron Co. police officer or if she no longer is, her husband is, which should be a conflict of interest. They are all on a power trip and seem to have personal issues or baggage. I know they lie about instructions or directions given to their probationers. How you are treated by your PO seems to have more to do with what your name is and who you know.
What issues have you seen?

Minneapolis, MN

#2 Feb 13, 2013
I have seen Barron county pos' lying to probationers about how things work and what they need to do for their situations. It seems like they don't want offenders to succeed by giving them false info and not letting them try to move on and better their lives. I understand that offenders made bad choices and that's why they are in trouble but they are not giving them resources to change. They get mad when you can't make it to see then cause you have no car license or a job, but figure you can make it to your dealers house. Of course you can cause your hanging out with users. But if your trying to change you won't be talking to them people. Why don't they help offenders find jobs? Go back to school? It would be easier to track them if they had something to. Even judge babler sees Barron's corrupt ways and that they system isn't working. Barron county is the worst county for repeat offenders. I wonder why?

Rice Lake, WI

#3 Feb 19, 2013
There is one PO that don't do nothing, she knows her probationers drink and do drugs and drive like this, they hang out at bars and instead of having to do her job she lets them slide with a slap on the hands instead of doing anything about it. She don't help them but just enables them. It's really sad that they with sooner or later kill someone or themselves and if so I blame her for not doing her job!!!
fed up

Rochester, MN

#4 Feb 22, 2013
From what I have seen the probationers seem to run the probation office. Judges let probationers leave it up to the probation officers when the offender reports to jail. At least in Rusk County even if the probationers are doing their time in Barron County. Shouldn't it be go directly to jail. do not pass go. do not collect $200. The system is breaking down and there will be consequences with people getting hurt. However the judical system doesn't seem to care blaming it on shortages of manpower. High risk offenders are out on probation who should be in prison rather than doing jail and probation time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cameron Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
snitches (Apr '11) Nov 21 Snitch Ditcher 37
Horny girls Nov 21 Jon 1
Review: Barron County Developmental Disabilitie... Sep '15 jonathan heller 3
Election Who do you support for State Senate in Wisconsi... (Oct '10) Jul '15 Phil Late ist 12
News Barron County Courthouse News--Dec. 6 (Jan '08) Jul '15 charlie 23
News Assaulted teenager (Dec '07) Jun '15 Lori 114
teacher grabs student by neck (Jun '09) May '14 drturi 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cameron Mortgages