Bad gas at Marathon
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
moral majority

United States

#1 Mar 18, 2010
A man bought gas at Marathon last night. His truck didn't even make it through town. He had to push it off the road, a tow truck took it to Peppers and the diagnosis was bad gas. Marathon owner states that he can't pay to fix the truck because then he would have to fix everyone else's. The remedy is "DON'T BUY GAS AT MARATHON". If you have had trouble at Marathon please post.
kaptin krunch

Jackson, TN

#2 Mar 20, 2010
I had some bad gas at Exxon, but I think it was some refried beans.
carla

United States

#3 Mar 22, 2010
where is marathon, you talking bout murphy's.
Disapointed In IL

Grayslake, IL

#4 May 11, 2010
Received bad gas and had the same problem with Marathon all the way up here in the suburbs of Chicago. Put gas in the car and then the engine started have "seizures". My fiance almost got in an accident on her way to work it was so bad. Gas station wouldn't do anything. Gas was so bad the dealership told me they thought it was the corn/flex fueled named E85. Filed a complaint with Marathon Corp. and with the Better Business Bureau. We'll see if anything happens, doubt it. Never buying gas from there ever again.....awful
Really

Humboldt, TN

#5 May 11, 2010
This is the second time, in a fairly short period of time (probably a couple of Months), that someone has posted that they got "bad gas" at"MARATHON". GOOD TO KNOW, THANKS!

"MARATHON" is the station that used to be Exxon, located at the intersection of 641 S. & HWY. 70 W., in Camden.

Exxon moved & is now located in Scot Market, on W. Main St., in Camden, next to the "turn-in" to the E.W. James supermarket parking lot. No complaints about Exxon gas, as far as I know.
luke emt

South Whitley, IN

#6 Apr 20, 2011
So my wife and I both bought gas at a marathon just up the road from our house. I didn't make it half a mile and my car died (as I'm driving down a busy highway). So I had to have it towed to my normal dealer. This morning I went to start my wifes car so we could go to the dealership and get some stuff out of my car her car blew a bunch of white smoke the check engine light came on and was ideling super rough. So it is also now in the shop getting the fuel tested. Thanks for nothing marathon.
Chicago Marathon

Normal, IL

#7 Apr 27, 2011
Yep same here. Filled up at a Marathon in Chicago Saturday evening. Sunday morning I went to start my car and it was shaking and idling way too high or way too low. Had it towed to dealer and they said there is s thick substance mixed in with the gas. Possibly E85? Anybody experience this and have any luck getting compensated by them. Have to flush the whole system.
Richard Petty

Knoxville, TN

#8 Apr 27, 2011
Chicago Marathon wrote:
Yep same here. Filled up at a Marathon in Chicago Saturday evening. Sunday morning I went to start my car and it was shaking and idling way too high or way too low. Had it towed to dealer and they said there is s thick substance mixed in with the gas. Possibly E85? Anybody experience this and have any luck getting compensated by them. Have to flush the whole system.
"Marathon gas is good; it has STP additive in it."
Cumbie

United States

#9 Apr 27, 2011
I filled up at a marathon in Florence sc last weekend and the gas was bad my truck now has over heated blew the radiator hose and fried the thermostat. Plus the fuelpump is screwed thanks marathon.
rvin boles

Rocky Mount, VA

#10 May 14, 2011
I got gas for my trimer in a new can came home put the recamended oil in it mixed it well put it in trimer it would only run at idle speed. went and bought a new one it did the samething. marathon is the only place in rural retreat va. that sells none ethenowel gas.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#11 May 14, 2011
rvin boles wrote:
I got gas for my trimer in a new can came home put the recamended oil in it mixed it well put it in trimer it would only run at idle speed. went and bought a new one it did the samething. marathon is the only place in rural retreat va. that sells none ethenowel gas.
Somebody needs to call the Marathon Corporate Office & tell them how badly they are screwing up....or NOT & just let them go bankrupt! Oh heck, just call, the Gov't. will bail them out, anyway, with OUR Tax Dollars!
Madmaniac

Albion, MI

#12 Jul 22, 2013
My car started running bad after I filled up at Marathon so I went back and got 1 gallon of gas and tried to run it in my chainsaw.
Chainsaw wont run over idle without stalling out.
Good news is that now I know what the problem is for sure.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#13 Jul 22, 2013
Madmaniac wrote:
My car started running bad after I filled up at Marathon so I went back and got 1 gallon of gas and tried to run it in my chainsaw.
Chainsaw wont run over idle without stalling out.
Good news is that now I know what the problem is for sure.
It may be water in the gas...try adding a gasoline treatment additive like STP...or even try adding some Rubbing Alcohol to the gas.
I hope it doesn't damage your car OR your chainsaw.:(
tom

Germany

#14 Jul 22, 2013
i farts a lot whens i get gas.
Clare Marathon - MI

Macomb, MI

#15 Mar 4, 2014
Bad Gas, filled up my 2011 Chevy Silverado there on Feb 2, 2014 on our way back home. Short while later, the check engine light came on! Hard starts, runs rough, tried 'Heet' water remover, fuel injector cleaner... to no avail. Off to the dealer it goes!

Thanks for having who knows what kind of crap in your gas... hey, these folks are passing through. Who Cares!

Bad Gas - CLARE Marathon - CLARE Michigan - BAD GAS!!!
Joe

Tallahassee, FL

#16 Mar 4, 2014
I can't pass gas I might chit myself in Walmart again.
chevy

Ann Arbor, MI

#17 Mar 14, 2014
I got bad gas from Marathon Oil in Dundee Michigan... they are not helping me. Mine was a Chevy too. I guess we should file a complaint with BBB! Let me know what happens to you! Mine was in Feb too.
Clare Marathon - MI wrote:
Bad Gas, filled up my 2011 Chevy Silverado there on Feb 2, 2014 on our way back home. Short while later, the check engine light came on! Hard starts, runs rough, tried 'Heet' water remover, fuel injector cleaner... to no avail. Off to the dealer it goes!
Thanks for having who knows what kind of crap in your gas... hey, these folks are passing through. Who Cares!
Bad Gas - CLARE Marathon - CLARE Michigan - BAD GAS!!!
Harry

Greenville, SC

#18 Mar 20, 2014
Wow the same happened to me here in Greenville SC I am amazed marathon keeps getting away with this.
gasgoneup

Little Rock, AR

#19 Mar 24, 2014
They are out at the interstate to. Wonder if that was bad also
Joe

Manassas, VA

#20 Mar 25, 2014
Need to stop buying their gas! Go somewhere else!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Big Sandy High School Closing 2 hr WTSenior 5
Volleyball Thu huh 2
has anyone seen the kessler boys. Thu old friend 4
Pockets. Amber Thu Quickdraw 16
who knows Misty Culp Thu personaly no her 5
Review: 4 TS Chinese Restaurant May 27 Mr Forrest Gump 4
Job Posting May 25 tphifer 3
More from around the web

Camden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE