anyone know about a bad wreck on 641 ...

anyone know about a bad wreck on 641 today

Posted in the Camden Forum

Joe B

Paris, TN

#1 Jul 14, 2012
???
Joe B

Paris, TN

#2 Jul 14, 2012
anyone know about a bad wreck on 641 today
Reader

Camden, TN

#3 Jul 15, 2012
I know it was at the 3mile marker. 2 vehicles head on . 1 elderly gentlemen is deceased.The driver of the 2nd vehicle was in pretty bad shape.He was lucky that 2 EMT's were passing by and were doing everything they could for him.The ambulance took him to the Paris ER with lights and siern going. I have been praying he makes it.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#4 Jul 15, 2012
This was on the WMUF website today.

Paris, Tenn.-A 65-year-old Mansfield man was killed and a Paris man is in critical condition at Vanderbilt Medical Center.following a two-vehicle accident on Hwy. 641 S Saturday afternoon.

Roger E. Baker, 65, Mansfield, was killed in the accident. Listed in critical condition this morning is Jerry Moody, 41, Paris.

According to the Tennessee Highway Patrol, Baker was southbound in his 2009 Ford Ranger pickup when he crossed the center-line and ran head-on into the 2008 Ford SUV driven by Moody. The accident happened some six miles outside of Paris near the former Halfway Point Market.
Reader

Camden, TN

#5 Jul 15, 2012
Thanks Aggravated. It has been weighing pretty heavy on my mind since yesterday.I showed up right after it happened. One of the worst accident sites I have at. WMUF website ??? do you have a link ??

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#6 Jul 15, 2012
Reader wrote:
Thanks Aggravated. It has been weighing pretty heavy on my mind since yesterday.I showed up right after it happened. One of the worst accident sites I have at. WMUF website ??? do you have a link ??
My brother came upon the wreck too and told me it appeared to be a real bad one. He was detoured. That website is www.wmufradio.com which is a Paris radio station and a little about the wreck was on WBBJ channel 7 website too.
Murfreesboro Girl

Forrest City, AR

#7 Dec 19, 2014
I just moved here from Nashville Tn my mother lives here. I to was going down 641 at the time of the crash the police man that had the road blocked off told me they was waiting on life flight he said it was bad. As I was made to go another way I prayed to God please let them be ok. The next day I went back down that road 641 an seen a man in a truck on the side of the road at the very place it happen. He looked sad. I later learned that two kids died one 18 an one 17 they both went to Camden High school I was also told the boy an girl was married last week. That makes me so sad . My heart an prayers go out to there family's my you find peace that they are in a better place than us an we will see them again some day soon but there memorie will live on in your hearts forever
Bless you Jennifer Lee
Murfreesboro Girl

Forrest City, AR

#8 Dec 19, 2014
Aggravated2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My brother came upon the wreck too and told me it appeared to be a real bad one. He was detoured. That website is www.wmufradio.com which is a Paris radio station and a little about the wreck was on WBBJ channel 7 website too.
Here is another link to the story
http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/One-dead-aft...
Also I found this the girl Jennifer died there an the boy on the way to Vanderbilt in life flight
The other driver is alive I understand
I was told the cpl that was killed was married last week I've cryed all morning it's so sad
I lost my 85 yr old grandmother last week in Murfreesboro Tn Warren Baxter please keep me in your prayers as well. God bless you all .
Two Camden Central High School seniors were killed about 5 p.m. Wednesday in a head-on collision on U.S. Highway 641 near Holladay.
James Hipple, 17, from Big Sandy, and his passenger Jennifer Morgan, 18, from Holladay, were killed. Both attended Camden High.
According to a report from the Tennessee Highway Patrol, Hipple was driving southbound on U.S. Highway 641 in Holladay when his pickup truck crossed the center line and struck another pickup driven by Curtis Lumley, from Hollow Rock.
Lumley was taken to Jackson-Madison County General Hospital. His condition was not known Thursday. All three accident victims were wearing seat belts, the report said.
"While I can't tell you anything about our students, we did lose two fine students who were seniors in our school yesterday," Shawn McDowell, assistant principal of Camden Central, said Thursday.
"First thing, we ask that the focus of the community is to keep the thoughts and prayers with the students and families."
Cherbear2000

United States

#9 Dec 28, 2014
The wreck around 5pm on December 17 on 641 @mile marker 3 infancy was my son James Hipple and his fiancÚ Jennifer Morgan. There are no words for what happened. The driver of the other vechicle is sound ok physically I spoke with him on the phone and he luckily on fractured his heel. As I have heard many rumors I will set a few things straight that I know for sure and have been verified by witnesses. As we still do not know what cause my son to drive into on coming traffic we do know for a fact that he WAS NOT DRINKING,ON DRUGS, SPEEDING OR TEXTING OR TALKING ON THE PHONE.
I can't begin to express my appreciation of the men and the women that tried to save my son at the scene. From my understanding he had no chance. But please know it's ok. He went alongside the love of his life and would not have wanted it any other way. I loved my boy with all of my heart but I know he's not suffering and he is with Jennifer and she will take care of him. Thank you guys for your thoughts and prayers. And if you take anything from this tragic accident just remember accidents happen and lives are taken in an instant. No matter how mad you are and how late your running always remember to tell your loved ones you love them.
Murfreesboro Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is another link to the story
http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/One-dead-aft...
Also I found this the girl Jennifer died there an the boy on the way to Vanderbilt in life flight
The other driver is alive I understand
I was told the cpl that was killed was married last week I've cryed all morning it's so sad
I lost my 85 yr old grandmother last week in Murfreesboro Tn Warren Baxter please keep me in your prayers as well. God bless you all .
Two Camden Central High School seniors were killed about 5 p.m. Wednesday in a head-on collision on U.S. Highway 641 near Holladay.
James Hipple, 17, from Big Sandy, and his passenger Jennifer Morgan, 18, from Holladay, were killed. Both attended Camden High.
According to a report from the Tennessee Highway Patrol, Hipple was driving southbound on U.S. Highway 641 in Holladay when his pickup truck crossed the center line and struck another pickup driven by Curtis Lumley, from Hollow Rock.
Lumley was taken to Jackson-Madison County General Hospital. His condition was not known Thursday. All three accident victims were wearing seat belts, the report said.
"While I can't tell you anything about our students, we did lose two fine students who were seniors in our school yesterday," Shawn McDowell, assistant principal of Camden Central, said Thursday.
"First thing, we ask that the focus of the community is to keep the thoughts and prayers with the students and families."
quashneb

Camden, TN

#10 Feb 13, 2015
Cherbear2000 wrote:
<quoted text>The wreck around 5pm on December 17 on 641 @mile marker 3 infancy was my son James Hipple and his fianc├ę Jennifer Morgan. There are no words for what happened. The driver of the other vechicle is sound ok physically I spoke with him on the phone and he luckily on fractured his heel. As I have heard many rumors I will set a few things straight that I know for sure and have been verified by witnesses. As we still do not know what cause my son to drive into on coming traffic we do know for a fact that he WAS NOT DRINKING,ON DRUGS, SPEEDING OR TEXTING OR TALKING ON THE PHONE.
I can't begin to express my appreciation of the men and the women that tried to save my son at the scene. From my understanding he had no chance. But please know it's ok. He went alongside the love of his life and would not have wanted it any other way. I loved my boy with all of my heart but I know he's not suffering and he is with Jennifer and she will take care of him. Thank you guys for your thoughts and prayers. And if you take anything from this tragic accident just remember accidents happen and lives are taken in an instant. No matter how mad you are and how late your running always remember to tell your loved ones you love them.
I am so sorry for your loss and hope that losing your son becomes just a little less painful everyday for you.
Cherbear2000

United States

#11 Feb 25, 2015
quashneb wrote:
<quoted text>
I am so sorry for your loss and hope that losing your son becomes just a little less painful everyday for you.
Knowing my son is with Jen the love of his life whom also passed away with him, helps ease some pain. But I miss them so dang much. Thank you for your thoughts
Wonda fesmire

United States

#12 Aug 15, 2016
Does anyone know Leslie Hicks
Wonda fesmire

United States

#13 Aug 15, 2016
Does anyone know Mary Hicks
Readbetweentheli nes

Cordova, TN

#14 Feb 1, 2017
Wonda fesmire wrote:
Does anyone know Mary Hicks
Sure do. Liar, backstabber, thief, Wolf in sheep's clothing. Very manipulative and acts like some kinda saint. She taught both her daughter and granddaughters quite well too. Since they all been in trouble, I'm sure she's proud.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Firewood for sale 12 min A cold SOB 1
Beth Douglas (Apr '17) 19 min A CONCERNED friend 54
Cougar sighting?? 25 min A Hrm Crk Fan 3
RIP Willy Butch catfish place 2 hr Carol Borchert 2
deputy chris owens 13 hr A Patriot 3
What do yall know about Shaye Dodson? 14 hr Anon 1
Should men punish their wives? (Jun '13) Jan 13 ladyWilliamson2 49

Camden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance