The state of the county.

Posted in the Camden Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Really now

Humboldt, TN

#1 Feb 25, 2013
I moved here over 20 years ago to be with family and raise my children in a small town. There have been people who have tried to make it a better place and those who have shook it every way but legal to get rich. What I have learned is most here are full of hate and discontent. They destroy and take more than they have ever given. Yes they know their neighbors but mostly so they have something to gossip about. Politicians and business men are the first to say "look what I have done for you" but are covering so much corruption I'm surprised they don't burst into flames when they walk into church on Sunday. Nothings going to change if we as citizens don't start helping ourselves and each other. No one should go hungry or be harassed to the point they lose it. Did any of you know that in 2012 a woman froze to death in her cabin and it took 3 days for anyone to find her or that in 2011 a driver for a local company was crushed to death by garbage in Nashville as he was waiting for his truck to be loaded to drag that mess to our dump? It never made the news here but I can lay odds just about anywhere in town someone is willing to pass the time gossiping about who is doing what to whom. Just for this year how about trying some love and compassion. Grow a garden, help feed a person you never met just because you can. Mow your neighbors yard when you mow yours, smile, say something nice, give a little extra when tipping, something. Create a true recycling program, a youth center, or go visiting all those shut ins you keep forgetting about. You don't have to change the world just your corner. Times are rough. For me and mine we are doing what we can for ourselves and for others. Join us.
Impressed

Omaha, NE

#2 Feb 25, 2013
Really now wrote:
I moved here over 20 years ago to be with family and raise my children in a small town. There have been people who have tried to make it a better place and those who have shook it every way but legal to get rich. What I have learned is most here are full of hate and discontent. They destroy and take more than they have ever given. Yes they know their neighbors but mostly so they have something to gossip about. Politicians and business men are the first to say "look what I have done for you" but are covering so much corruption I'm surprised they don't burst into flames when they walk into church on Sunday. Nothings going to change if we as citizens don't start helping ourselves and each other. No one should go hungry or be harassed to the point they lose it. Did any of you know that in 2012 a woman froze to death in her cabin and it took 3 days for anyone to find her or that in 2011 a driver for a local company was crushed to death by garbage in Nashville as he was waiting for his truck to be loaded to drag that mess to our dump? It never made the news here but I can lay odds just about anywhere in town someone is willing to pass the time gossiping about who is doing what to whom. Just for this year how about trying some love and compassion. Grow a garden, help feed a person you never met just because you can. Mow your neighbors yard when you mow yours, smile, say something nice, give a little extra when tipping, something. Create a true recycling program, a youth center, or go visiting all those shut ins you keep forgetting about. You don't have to change the world just your corner. Times are rough. For me and mine we are doing what we can for ourselves and for others. Join us.
This is the best post I have read to date on this forum. You are correct Sir in stating that we need to care for each other, respect each other, and lead a life worth living. A man is judged not only by the fiends he made, but by the friends he left behind. A good life to you Sir!
Really now

Humboldt, TN

#3 Feb 27, 2013
Thank you. I feel it is time for change. Since I have posted this and invited others to join us, this was the only reply. So very sad. We will just keep trying.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#4 Feb 27, 2013
Really now wrote:
All nice words to live by certainly. Can you give the readers a brief listing of your accrediations to the community in this 20 year time span? Sometimes, just sometimes, it's easier to find fault with others than it is to turn the mirror on ourselves. Your contributions?

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#5 Feb 27, 2013
If, in spite of the corruption, you are happy living in Benton County, I applaud you for the ability to see past it. If you can't stand the corruption and it is affecting your happiness, get out. Move. I did and I have never been happier. Life is too short to be miserable, so pack up and go somewhere you can pursue happiness. You will not regret it.
-
-

Why do I say move instead of staying and fighting? The corruption, power trips, etc. is supported by far too many who are dependent on the government... teachers, sanitation, highway dept., TDOT, police, electric company, water dept, TVA, Human Services office, bus drivers, farm services office, all those courthouse employees... Look at them...how many votes does EACH GOVT EMPLOYEE HAVE INFLUENCE ON? When considering their families and friends, probably a dozen each.
-
-

Folks, when you look at the number of people who are TOO CHICKEN SHIT TO VOTE AGAINST THOSE THEY BELIEVE CONTROL THEIR PAYCHECK and the votes tied to them, you can't beat those numbers. They want government to remain large and continue to grow larger. They are too scared and dumb to find work in a competitive free enterprise system. YOU CANNOT OVERCOME THEIR NUMBERS.
-
-

You especially cannot overcome their numbers when it is so deeply bred into the culture...a handful of family trees populated this county and over the generations they have been conditioned to think alike. Even many of the ones who despise one another still think and vote alike.
-
-

Best solution is to get the hell out of the county. It's like a bunch of freakin' inbred hillbilly hicks who sponge off the taxpayers and it ain't going to change any time soon....probably never.
-
-

Would you try to move a mountain with a teaspoon? Think about it.

Location hidden

#6 Feb 27, 2013
Kezdelek Zavar wrote:
If, in spite of the corruption, you are happy living in Benton County, I applaud you for the ability to see past it. If you can't stand the corruption and it is affecting your happiness, get out. Move. I did and I have never been happier. Life is too short to be miserable, so pack up and go somewhere you can pursue happiness. You will not regret it.
-
-

Why do I say move instead of staying and fighting? The corruption, power trips, etc. is supported by far too many who are dependent on the government... teachers, sanitation, highway dept., TDOT, police, electric company, water dept, TVA, Human Services office, bus drivers, farm services office, all those courthouse employees... Look at them...how many votes does EACH GOVT EMPLOYEE HAVE INFLUENCE ON? When considering their families and friends, probably a dozen each.
-
-

Folks, when you look at the number of people who are TOO CHICKEN SHIT TO VOTE AGAINST THOSE THEY BELIEVE CONTROL THEIR PAYCHECK and the votes tied to them, you can't beat those numbers. They want government to remain large and continue to grow larger. They are too scared and dumb to find work in a competitive free enterprise system. YOU CANNOT OVERCOME THEIR NUMBERS.
-
-

You especially cannot overcome their numbers when it is so deeply bred into the culture...a handful of family trees populated this county and over the generations they have been conditioned to think alike. Even many of the ones who despise one another still think and vote alike.
-
-

Best solution is to get the hell out of the county. It's like a bunch of freakin' inbred hillbilly hicks who sponge off the taxpayers and it ain't going to change any time soon....probably never.
-
-

Would you try to move a mountain with a teaspoon? Think about it.
Now that's a great post. Best today.

Location hidden

#7 Feb 27, 2013
If only it was that easy for some of us. But, time changes everything, so all hope is not lost for some of us.
Now, hope for the County is pretty much gone, I would say.

Location hidden

#8 Feb 27, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
If only it was that easy for some of us. But, time changes everything, so all hope is not lost for some of us.
Now, hope for the County is pretty much gone, I would say.
As it is for you at your age. Such is life and we will all move on. Most likely had trash such as your kind not moved into this town and raped it of every free benefit it wouldn't be in the shape it is today. Your kind is ruining America as we know it. To lazy to work but knows all the loop holes for every free service available both local, state and federal. You are a shame and are what's ruined this once great country.

Location hidden

#9 Feb 27, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
As it is for you at your age. Such is life and we will all move on. Most likely had trash such as your kind not moved into this town and raped it of every free benefit it wouldn't be in the shape it is today. Your kind is ruining America as we know it. To lazy to work but knows all the loop holes for every free service available both local, state and federal. You are a shame and are what's ruined this once great country.
Well, you're wrong again, as usual. Never gotten a free thing in my Life, but if it makes you feel better about your Life of sponging off the Gov't., instead of working, then go right ahead with those accusations...you will, anyway!
It's kinda telling that you and your other Personaes are on here 24/7 and you're not ld enough to Retire, so it's pretty obvious that you're not working and haven't been since I've been on here!
So...tell me again, who's really made a Life of getting "hand-outs" from the Gov't???
And I've also noticed that none of the Names that cause all of the trouble, ever mention anything about working or having a job, except to occasionally say they are leaving to go to work, but they're back on here in about 4 hours after being on here all night. So, I guess their idea of "work" is sleeping about 4 hours, after trolling all day and night!
You really are stupid and you accuse everybody else of doing exactly what you, yourself, are guilty of...and you're so obvious about it. Yet, you think Nobody can easily figure it out! Most people on here are not as dumb as you are...and they certainly don't have as much to hide. But, you couldn't hide your face, much less anything else. You just sit around all day and think up ways to try and get attention because you're so irrelevant that Nobody gives you any ...and you have made a Lifetime of doing absolutely NOTHING, while living off my Taxes and every other working Person's! Bunch of Taxpayer-Supported Deadbeats! Talk about "biting the hand that feeds you"...that's what you do everyday on here!

Location hidden

#10 Feb 27, 2013
...not old enough...

Location hidden

#11 Feb 27, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>Well, you're wrong again, as usual. Never gotten a free thing in my Life, but if it makes you feel better about your Life of sponging off the Gov't., instead of working, then go right ahead with those accusations...you will, anyway!
It's kinda telling that you and your other Personaes are on here 24/7 and you're not ld enough to Retire, so it's pretty obvious that you're not working and haven't been since I've been on here!
So...tell me again, who's really made a Life of getting "hand-outs" from the Gov't???
And I've also noticed that none of the Names that cause all of the trouble, ever mention anything about working or having a job, except to occasionally say they are leaving to go to work, but they're back on here in about 4 hours after being on here all night. So, I guess their idea of "work" is sleeping about 4 hours, after trolling all day and night!
You really are stupid and you accuse everybody else of doing exactly what you, yourself, are guilty of...and you're so obvious about it. Yet, you think Nobody can easily figure it out! Most people on here are not as dumb as you are...and they certainly don't have as much to hide. But, you couldn't hide your face, much less anything else. You just sit around all day and think up ways to try and get attention because you're so irrelevant that Nobody gives you any ...and you have made a Lifetime of doing absolutely NOTHING, while living off my Taxes and every other working Person's! Bunch of Taxpayer-Supported Deadbeats! Talk about "biting the hand that feeds you"...that's what you do everyday on here!
Darling not everyone has to wait until he or she is to old to enjoy life to retire. Had you lead a better life and made better choices perhaps you wouldn't be in the situation you are today. I'm sorry your life is a mess but it's what you made it honey.

I'm told a very different story about your finances than what you are telling but I can assure you I probably know as much about them, or lack of them, as you do.

That's all...

Location hidden

#12 Feb 27, 2013
And just what "situation" would that be?

Location hidden

#13 Feb 27, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
And just what "situation" would that be?
I think you are already aware of that answer my dear.

Location hidden

#14 Feb 27, 2013
Really Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you are already aware of that answer my dear.
I know my situation, but you don't...you just want to pretend that you do, when in actually, you're just guessing and you couldn't be more wrong in what you've posted.
And you know something else, it just about makes me sick , when you use those terms of endearment while spewing your Lies and hate-filled venom. It's enough to make a Person hate terms of endearment from somebody who means it...and that a real pity!

You are one Mentally Sick Poster! You bring involuntary visions into my head of a coiled Rattlesnake, filled with poison and ready to strike!

Location hidden

#15 Feb 27, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>I know my situation, but you don't...you just want to pretend that you do, when in actually, you're just guessing and you couldn't be more wrong in what you've posted.
And you know something else, it just about makes me sick , when you use those terms of endearment while spewing your Lies and hate-filled venom. It's enough to make a Person hate terms of endearment from somebody who means it...and that a real pity!

You are one Mentally Sick Poster! You bring involuntary visions into my head of a coiled Rattlesnake, filled with poison and ready to strike!
Darling why are you so bitter tonight? You can let go of the fact you were once again proven wrong. Im letting it go babe and I think you should as well. Cheer up! Life's good. Don't be so bitter.
Really now

Jackson, TN

#17 Feb 28, 2013
What have we done? Ok we make regular donations of food to various food banks, shut in neighbors or anyone we find needing a bit of help. Helped raise money for the school band, sports team and anything else our child has been in or asked to help with. We plant a community garden and the five families on our road can come and help and take what they need. We recycle, reuse and try reduce the family foot print on the land. We mentor several teenagers learning to farm, buy local whenever possible and the list goes on. Our child never receives birthday or Christmas gifts because she started requesting any money spent on them be deposited in a special bank account to help a class mate, had a parent die unexpectedly, get a college education since she knows we will take care of hers. We don't just preach it we live it. I wasn't attempting to find fault with others. I was asking others to join us in trying something positive for the community. My family is happy here because home is where your heart is. No matter where you live there is hateful people, corruptions what have you. It's really your choice if you let it control you.
Now since it seems that a few of you have nothing to do with your time but high jack threads and spew hate and discontent there's a green house that needs some attention, compost needs moved to the garden areas, animals that need fed, a recycling project that some of us are attempting to put together to earn money for college funds for the kids and a few of the neighbors need some help around the house because they are older and can't do for themselves. Seems the preacher was right. Idle hands are the devil's workshop and some have horns on here.

Location hidden

#18 Feb 28, 2013
Really now wrote:
What have we done? Ok we make regular donations of food to various food banks, shut in neighbors or anyone we find needing a bit of help. Helped raise money for the school band, sports team and anything else our child has been in or asked to help with. We plant a community garden and the five families on our road can come and help and take what they need. We recycle, reuse and try reduce the family foot print on the land. We mentor several teenagers learning to farm, buy local whenever possible and the list goes on. Our child never receives birthday or Christmas gifts because she started requesting any money spent on them be deposited in a special bank account to help a class mate, had a parent die unexpectedly, get a college education since she knows we will take care of hers. We don't just preach it we live it. I wasn't attempting to find fault with others. I was asking others to join us in trying something positive for the community. My family is happy here because home is where your heart is. No matter where you live there is hateful people, corruptions what have you. It's really your choice if you let it control you.
Now since it seems that a few of you have nothing to do with your time but high jack threads and spew hate and discontent there's a green house that needs some attention, compost needs moved to the garden areas, animals that need fed, a recycling project that some of us are attempting to put together to earn money for college funds for the kids and a few of the neighbors need some help around the house because they are older and can't do for themselves. Seems the preacher was right. Idle hands are the devil's workshop and some have horns on here.
Your contributions are impressive dear although I did see one little flaw. Everything you listed benefitted you and your family thru the use of others. There was ONE genuine contribution that you listed which was the unselfish kindness of your daughter. She gives freely and accepts nothing in return. That my close minded friend, is what real giving is all about. So while you are attending your local church perhaps you can take the message from there that giving to ones community shouldn't be for self gain, self gratification and self love. Those who live in glass houses should avoid casting stones.

That's all...
Moral majority

United States

#19 Feb 28, 2013
Why must some attempt to take good suggestions and turn them into something evil. God teaches us to pray for those who do us harm..my prayer list is long. If all those so despise living in Benton then I see Hollowell's rents U-Haul trucks and trailers. I don't think there is a fence around Benton County keeping anyone here that wishes not live here. So get to stepping all of you Benton County haters. There are bad things here just like all other areas. Work on your own little area to improve it and keep all your filthy minded posts to your self. This could be a helpful venue for posters to voice positive opinions and ideas. Enough with all the negativity.
Really now

Jackson, TN

#20 Feb 28, 2013
Maybe I missed something. I don't recall any of what I listed benefiting me or my family. I do the work in the garden, pay for the seed and people have it for the picking. My child is neither in band nor plays sports but we help the school, the kids we mentor actually get paid out of our pocket for the farming work they do and are being taught to be self reliant, buying local helps local business owners so what am I missing? We have never used the food banks, never been on public assistance or taken help without paying for it. I help my elderly neighbors out, drive them to appointments and it's my time and gas. They never pay for it. We give and ask nothing in return. All I asked is for people to do something no matter how big or small to do something positive. The only flaw I see here is you seem to be itching for a fight and I'm not biting. You can help and be happy or you can sit all day and spread the hate. That's your issue not mine. As for my daughter, she was taught to be selfless by her father and I. So either you aren't reading what I'm actually saying or you are not understanding the point. I will say your annoying habit of calling people "dear" really does add to the popular stero type that southerners are morons but then again..... Oh and my preacher has read the thread. He's not as nice as I am. His comment was your pitiful, hateful and people like you are the real problem in Benton Co. So if you can not add something positive I'm sure there are other threads that can benefit from your strange views.

Enough said.

Location hidden

#21 Feb 28, 2013
Really now wrote:
Maybe I missed something. I don't recall any of what I listed benefiting me or my family. I do the work in the garden, pay for the seed and people have it for the picking. My child is neither in band nor plays sports but we help the school, the kids we mentor actually get paid out of our pocket for the farming work they do and are being taught to be self reliant, buying local helps local business owners so what am I missing? We have never used the food banks, never been on public assistance or taken help without paying for it. I help my elderly neighbors out, drive them to appointments and it's my time and gas. They never pay for it. We give and ask nothing in return. All I asked is for people to do something no matter how big or small to do something positive. The only flaw I see here is you seem to be itching for a fight and I'm not biting. You can help and be happy or you can sit all day and spread the hate. That's your issue not mine. As for my daughter, she was taught to be selfless by her father and I. So either you aren't reading what I'm actually saying or you are not understanding the point. I will say your annoying habit of calling people "dear" really does add to the popular stero type that southerners are morons but then again..... Oh and my preacher has read the thread. He's not as nice as I am. His comment was your pitiful, hateful and people like you are the real problem in Benton Co. So if you can not add something positive I'm sure there are other threads that can benefit from your strange views.

Enough said.
See how the story changes when it's brought to your attention. I hope the ones working in those gardens hold you to this last post. I hope you realize your children are attending public school and therefore it's YOUR responsibility as a parent to support all programs in the school just as other parents support the activities your children are in. I'm gonna call bull shit on the paying of the students unless you have proof that's the case because your first post indicated differently. As for your preacher please know that his/her opinion is nothing less than that to me as I would question his/her ability as a preacher given he/she has followers as self serving as you. So you and your preacher become angry and bitter if you wish but it's only because you were praising yourself and putting down others in the process. As a matter of fact: Go to hell!

That's all...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~~ Your Husband is What ~~ 6 min Snoopy 1
Dollar general 17 hr SpeeDevil 9
Crystl Dalton Fri Phillip 1
Cynthia Prince (Feb '17) Fri IDFWU 7
Julie Mulligan? Thu trezvant city worker 3
House beside church Thu trezvant city worker 2
Why is she in jail Thu Just me 7

Camden Jobs

Personal Finance

Camden Mortgages