James Yeager: Knowledgable expert or...

James Yeager: Knowledgable expert or delusional sociopath?

Posted in the Camden Forum

First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1 Dec 31, 2012
Yeager is becoming an internet legend with all his videos on YouTube proclaiming all his expertise and knowledge in the field of tactical shooting and combat experience? He claims to have an IQ equal to that of Einstein and says his reputation in the community is spotless. He says he has never lost a fight and also posted a video on YouTube (which he has removed) stating that he will "break your back" if you call him a coward. He's been called out on many occasions and has always responded the same way, he blocks the person calling his bluff and resorts to cursing the people who disagree with him, mainly citing that the person challenging him has a uh, problem with his genitalia size.

What I'm asking for is for people with FIRST HAND knowledge of Yeager's personality and experience to come forth and comment on him, citing your personal experiences with the guy.

I'll be the first to start by saying that I've had several run-ins with him and none of them were anything but a total letdown. He's loudmouthed, arrogant, and has a mind so narrow that his scratch pads are only a half inch wide. The words "rude, crude, and obnoxious" come to mind, along with "semi-knowledgable". My opinion only.

Please, local people only should respond. It's important that you have in-person, first hand experience with him so that my "opinion poll" will be as unbiased as possible.
Bro Otis Winston Huges

Johnson City, TN

#2 Dec 31, 2012
dont know much about yeager but when he played army on tv a queer beat him on every challenge....and when they hauled his ass out in a van he kept talking about how good he did...i almost felt sorry for him when he couldnt chip away a concrete wall with a sledgehammer after the queer did it easily. oh and the queer out shot him too.
ok and

Dallas, TX

#3 Dec 31, 2012
And that queer would of beat U 2, & he would of out shot U!
not a queer

United States

#4 Dec 31, 2012
The best answer I can give is if you don't like James Yeager then don't socialize with him or talk about him.
xingchent

Dublin, Ireland

#5 Dec 31, 2012
ok and wrote:
And that queer would of beat U 2, & he would of out shot U!
you think?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#6 Dec 31, 2012
ThePJChief wrote:
Yeager is becoming an internet legend with all his videos on YouTube proclaiming all his expertise and knowledge in the field of tactical shooting and combat experience? He claims to have an IQ equal to that of Einstein and says his reputation in the community is spotless. He says he has never lost a fight and also posted a video on YouTube (which he has removed) stating that he will "break your back" if you call him a coward. He's been called out on many occasions and has always responded the same way, he blocks the person calling his bluff and resorts to cursing the people who disagree with him, mainly citing that the person challenging him has a uh, problem with his genitalia size.
What I'm asking for is for people with FIRST HAND knowledge of

Yeager's personality and experience to come forth and comment on him, citing your personal experiences with the guy.
I'll be the first to start by saying that I've had several run-ins with him and none of them were anything but a total letdown. He's loudmouthed, arrogant, and has a mind so narrow that his scratch pads are only a half inch wide. The words "rude, crude, and obnoxious" come to mind, along with "semi-knowledgable". My opinion only.
Please, local people only should respond. It's important that you have in-person, first hand experience with him so that my "opinion poll" will be as unbiased as possible.
I Totally agree after having met this guy. Good Analysis.

Since: Jul 10

The Zulu Tribe

#7 Dec 31, 2012
sally where did you meet him?

Location hidden

#8 Dec 31, 2012
I'd like to reiterate that I'm looking for statements from people that know him or have first hand experience with him. I do not require advice about how to handle my personal dealings with him. I'm seeking unbiased people with first hand knowledge who will either sing his praises, remain neutral, or mercilessly assassinate his character. If you don't have a dog in this race, I'm asking for you to please refrain from making irrelevant comments.

Thank You.

The Zulu Tribe

#9 Dec 31, 2012
ThePJChief wrote:
I'd like to reiterate that I'm looking for statements from people that know him or have first hand experience with him. I do not require advice about how to handle my personal dealings with him. I'm seeking unbiased people with first hand knowledge who will either sing his praises, remain neutral, or mercilessly assassinate his character. If you don't have a dog in this race, I'm asking for you to please refrain from making irrelevant comments.
Thank You.
Why?

Location hidden

#10 Dec 31, 2012
zimbobway wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
It's more personal than clicking a "yes" or "no" on a poll. It gives people a chance to state their opinion. Why am I doing this? Fact finding mission. A lot of his "expertise" has already been discredited as being his over-inflated opinion of basic training courses that anyone could take. His lack of safety protocol during his training courses has already become legend and there is a growing concern that he may indeed be a sociopath in full bloom or at the least suffering from major PTSD. Can you honestly say you want a heavily armed guy like this anywhere near the school or schools that your children are in if he's unbalanced and NOT seeking help? We do NOT need another Newtown, shooting people.

The Zulu Tribe

#11 Dec 31, 2012
Are you saying this guy is a danger much like the gunman that murdered those children in Newton Conn.?

Location hidden

#12 Dec 31, 2012
zimbobway wrote:
Are you saying this guy is a danger much like the gunman that murdered those children in Newton Conn.?
I'm saying that it's possible. Learn to recognize the personality traits of a sociopath as well as learn to recognize the signs/symptoms of a person suffering with PTSD. The general consensus among knowledgable people is that the shooting incident he was involved in while in Iraq where a number of his teammates were killed in an ambush has left him psychologically scarred. Yet, he's also the "tough guy" type who would fail to realize that he has been traumatized and would not seek help to deal with his issues. Potentially a ticking time-bomb. This is not a campaign to assassinate his character but to assess whether or not some means of intervention needs to take place. After all, he trains a lot of folks in shooting techniques, self-defense, use of deadly force and does, in-fact, train them in a very unsafe manner (example: placing a cameraman downrange during live-fire exercises by novice students).

The Zulu Tribe

#13 Dec 31, 2012
Are you trained in the field of psychology to make such assumptions?

The Zulu Tribe

#14 Dec 31, 2012
why don't you report your concerns to some real authority if you are so concerned?
Why go on a trash talk forum?
If you had valid concern for the schools and kids you would be a man about it and go to the proper authorities.

Location hidden

#15 Dec 31, 2012
zimbobway wrote:
Are you trained in the field of psychology to make such assumptions?
I have 28 years experience as a USAF Pararescue Jumper and I've seen more than enough PTSD during my career to know the signs and symptoms, so definitely "yes", I'm qualified. I also know what I don't know and have consulted several counselors as well as two separate psychiatrists to review my data as well as make preliminary evaluations based on his displayed behavior such as vocal and body language as seen in his many videos and most especially, his written comments to persons who both respond both positively as well as negatively to any material he posts. I'm now looking for information directly from people who have had face-to-face dealings with him.

This is the last question I will answer from you. Thank you for your concern as to my intentions and qualifications. I have answered all that I intend to. Have a good day.

The Zulu Tribe

#16 Dec 31, 2012
You willy-nilly picked the guy from the internet and went to several counselors as well as two separate psychiatrists to review your data?
Are these counselors and psychiatrists people you have weekly appointments with and are any of their names on bottles in your medicine chest? Sure sounds like it to me.

The Zulu Tribe

#17 Dec 31, 2012
WOW! Just Google hum and look!
James Yeager is a member of the National Rifle Association (NRA)– Life Member, the Southern States Police Benevolent Association, the Tennessee Tactical Police and Paramedic Association (TTPPA) and is a member of I.L.E.E.T.A.

• TN P.O.S.T. Certified to Instruct Less Lethal Munitions #00040S - inactive

• TN P.O.S.T. Certified to Instruct Firearms #00041S

• TN P.O.S.T. Certified to Instruct Chemical Weapons #00042S

• TN P.O.S.T. Certified to Instruct Expandable Baton #00043S

• TN P.O.S.T. Certified Police Officer and K-9 handler #97276
* Louisiana State Police Firearms Instructor Number #0259

* F.B.I. Certified Firearms Instructor

* TN Department of Safety Certified Firearms Instructor

* FAA certified to instruct Law Enforcement “Flying Armed” courses

* A.L.S. Master Instructor (Less Lethal, Flashbangs, Chemical Weapons)

* Expandable Baton Instructor – Monadanock

* Bushmaster Certified Patrol Rifle/Carbine Instructor

* Aerosol O.C. Instructor – Fox Labs International

* Armor Holding - Gas Mask Instructor

* Armor Holdings - Pyrotechnic Munitions Instructor

* Armor Holdings - Distraction Device Instructor

* Armor Holdings – Chemical Weapons Instructor

* Armor Holdings - Less Lethal Munitions Instructor

* NRA Certified Handgun Instructor #11973397

* NRA Personal Protection Instructor #11973397

* Glock Certified Armorer

* Rangemaster Handgun Instructor Development

* Knife Defense Instructor

* Over 200 hours of DSS training for EP/PSD/BG

* Scientific Combat Method American Combat Masters 20 hour

* S.D.S.I. Tactical Rifle Course 16hours

* Tactical Knife Instruction- American Combat Masters 20 hour

* Black Water Lodge 32 hour Tactical Police and Military Shotgun Course

* Completed various 40 hour Officer Survival schools

* Attended Snipercraft 40 hour

* OPS - Advanced Low Light Shooting Instructor Course 40 hour

* OPS - Advanced Tactical Handgun Instructor Course 40 hour

* OPS - Handgun Instructor Course 40 hour

* OPS - Patrol Rifle Instructor Course 40 hour

* OPS -Shotgun Instructor Course 40 hour

* Jim Crews - Tactical Handgun 20 hour

* Halo Group - Advanced Tactical Handgun 18 hour

* Rangemaster - High Risk Personnel 16 hour

* Rangemaster - Crisis Response Team Training 80 hour

* S.W.A.T. UTM / Chief Tom Long 40 hour

* D.E.A.- Clandestine Lab Investigations 40 hour

* Criminal Investigation School UTM 40 hour

* Patrol Interdiction 40 hour

* Basic SWAT-Jackson SWAT Team 40 hour

* John Farnam Advanced Tactical Handgun Instructor Course 20 hour

* Military Counter Drug SRT course 48 Hour

* SWAT by Smyrna S.T.O.R.M. Team 40 hour

* 40 hours in-service 1996-through present

* Active Shooter Instructor Course / TTPPA 24 hrs

* 40 Hr Police Sniper School by Smyrna S.T.O.R.M.

James Yeager a certified expert witness in TN for firearms, tactical training and use of force.

He is certified by POST which is the Police Officers Standards and Training, the TBI, and the FBI.
You need more validation?
Businessman

Dallas, TX

#18 Dec 31, 2012
Sounds like the PJ is near retirement and looking to start a training school. He is trying to get rid of the competition.
Businessman

Dallas, TX

#19 Dec 31, 2012
If anyone really wants to know stop by Tactical Response at 162 West Main. Speak with him or his many employees. You could also talk to one or more of the 4,000+ people he trained in 2012. That group included SEALsSF, PJs and Delta operators.

The Zulu Tribe

#20 Dec 31, 2012
Businessman wrote:
Sounds like the PJ is near retirement and looking to start a training school. He is trying to get rid of the competition.
He should list his credentials and qualifications then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 20
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ethan turner Dustin bell 5 hr Praying 1
City employees driving city vehicles. 12 hr Jason 21
Paige kelly 17 hr Uncle ben 13
Bigfoot sightings (Jun '15) Fri Tootie Green 77
Electric Rates (Jun '12) Aug 26 john 9
Mrs. McClure at Briarwood (Jan '16) Aug 26 ThaTruth 9
Calling all..... Aug 26 ThaTruth 2

Camden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance