His Time Is Up

Paris, TN

#1 Jul 6, 2013
Man Sues Camden Police for More than Half a Million Dollars
By Cyndi Lundeberg
By [email protected]

Story Created: May 14, 2013 at 10:31 PM CDT

Story Updated: May 14, 2013 at 11:01 PM CDT
CAMDEN, Tenn.- A battle 10 years in the making is brewing in Benton County. On one side, Camden Police who said they arrested a drug dealer and confiscated what he bought with the money he made. On the other side, Larry Ross who said he is the victim of bad police work.

"As far as his life, it destroyed him. His health is gone, he can no long work to try to make a living," Terry Leonard Ross' attorney said.

According to court documents, after months of surveilling Ross, Camden Police got a drug warrant and searched his home and confiscated more than $628,000 as well as drug paraphernalia.

During a 2006 hearing a financial expert witness for the state testified that Ross could not have generated that kind of money from his personal business. Ross attributed his large sums of cash in part to his grandfather.

"He worked himself to death and he saved every dime, and the government took it away from him. They destroyed this mans life," Leonard said.

During the 2006 trial, a Memphis judge ruled in favor of Ross saying even if the state had proven he was a major drug dealer they failed to prove the money, 41 guns, house boat and several cars were purchased with drug money.

"We've got the best judicial system in the world. It's not perfect and sometimes bad things happen to good folks," Leonard said.

He also said while Ross will never get back all he's lost he hopes this case can serve as an example not just in Benton County but nationwide.

"I think we got a good police department and excellent sheriff's department. But as in any profession you're gonna have a bad apple or two."

The Camden Police Department was advised by their lawyers not want to comment on the upcoming negotiations with Ross. Ross and his attorney are expected to begin meeting with Camden Police in the coming month to determine if a settlement can be reached. If not, Ross is seeking damages for nearly a decade of attorney fees as well as material items lost.
http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Man-Sues-Cam...

Ken Beal AKA Robo Cop ran for Sheriff based on this arrest and how he ceased all of that money for the city of Camden. Now he is costing city tax payers legal fees and $500,000.00 of taxpayer money. HE took credit for the entire thing when it happened, now its time to hold him responsible for the ENTIRE thing!
Word on the street from city hall is that there is ANOTHER lawsuit about to be filed against Ken Beal and the City of Camden. Remember the $800,000.00 settlement against the city of Camden AND Ken Beal for pepper spraying a 12 year old girl while she was sitting in a van? His Time Is Up!!
His Time Is Up

Paris, TN

#2 Jul 6, 2013
Isn't it strange how this never made the local paper?
His Time Is Up

Paris, TN

#3 Jul 6, 2013
People like you (WHO JUDGE THIS THREAD NEGATIVELY) who just stick their head in the sand and pretend nothing's wrong ...are the very reason that we're in the mess that we're in!
Sound familiar?
His Time Is Up

Paris, TN

#4 Jul 6, 2013
SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
People like you who just stick their head in the sand and pretend nothing's wrong and there's nothing that can be done about it, if there is something wrong...are the very reason that we're in the mess that we're in!
I wonder who posted all of the cowardly Judge-its...hummm...
So sad

Memphis, TN

#5 Jul 6, 2013
It sounds like someone is happy about problems Benton county. Only the devil can win when others suffer. Sad situation and the devil is the only winner.
His Time Is Up

Paris, TN

#6 Jul 6, 2013
It sounds like it's time for Ken Beal to answer for years of irresponsible behavior that he has gotten away with. What law abiding taxpaying citizen wouldn't want some rouge loose cannon to answer the piper?
The only Devil is the one who caused the problem.
BCAlien

United States

#7 Jul 6, 2013
The "devil" appears to wear uniforms a lot (when their not running for public office)

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#8 Jul 6, 2013
So sad wrote:
It sounds like someone is happy about problems Benton county. Only the devil can win when others suffer. Sad situation and the devil is the only winner.
No, just one Person who isn't from here, but has done everything possible to cause trouble for the ones who are.

Don't pay any attention to that Person, they are IRRELEVANT and Everybody knows it, NOW!

They're nothing but a Troublemaker, just trying to get attention because Everybody here just ignores them, NOW...and they can't stand to be ignored. Oh well...'Tuff, is all I can say!

Like I said, they are TOTALLY IRRELEVANT!

Location hidden

#9 Jul 6, 2013
His Time Is Up wrote:
It sounds like it's time for Ken Beal to answer for years of irresponsible behavior that he has gotten away with. What law abiding taxpaying citizen wouldn't want some rouge loose cannon to answer the piper?
The only Devil is the one who caused the problem.
The FACT that he "jacked you up", justifiably, for terrorizing his Wife wouldn't have anything to do with your "vendetta", would it, now would it, Sue baby?
His Time Is Up

Paris, TN

#10 Jul 6, 2013
No one has ever "jacked me up", and I'm not Mr. Ross. So blame your "vendetta" theory on someone else Miss Cooper. On the contrary, the justifiable and very RELEVANT lawsuit filed against Ken Beal happens to be the 4th one in just one and a half years.
Speaking of his wife, since you mentioned her, she has cost county taxpayers a small fortune in lawsuits over the past two years. Lawsuits she has lost, and now needs to repay the taxpayers for insurance, legal fees, and if at all possible punitive damages.
As expected from you, an attempt to twist yet another important issue from the real issue, on to something you better prefer, hate and personal attacks against someone whom is not the subject.
nice try, no cigar.
His Time Is Up

Paris, TN

#11 Jul 6, 2013
I would be interested in hearing about whom, and how Ken Beal "jacked up" and exactly how that person "terrorized" Ken Beals wife, but since anything you put on topix is dismissed as false, lies, rumor, and baseless accusation, I will save us all the drama of your pointless comments.
Have a wonderful evening Miss Cooper.=o)
His Time Is Up

Paris, TN

#12 Jul 6, 2013
He certainly "jacked up" that 12 year old girl, didn't he?
reader

United States

#13 Jul 6, 2013
His Time Is Up wrote:
Isn't it strange how this never made the local paper?
Funny how Linda cooper constantly bitches about things like this not being published in the local newspaper but for some weird reason didn't want this news published. What happened to Linda wanting to know about things costing money in Camden? She must be a Beal Badge Bunny.

Location hidden

#14 Jul 6, 2013
reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how Linda cooper constantly bitches about things like this not being published in the local newspaper but for some weird reason didn't want this news published. What happened to Linda wanting to know about things costing money in Camden? She must be a Beal Badge Bunny.
It WAS published in the paper...even I read that paper, but either you didn't or you're lying. I opt for the latter choice, when it comes to you.
And BTW, the Cop you're Libeling was not mentioned, it was another Cop that was mentioned in the Article.
Why don't you just shut the He*l up and do something worthwhile, for a change, like...pay your Debt To Society!

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#15 Jul 6, 2013
His Time Is Up wrote:
Man Sues Camden Police for More than Half a Million Dollars
By Cyndi Lundeberg
By [email protected]
Story Created: May 14, 2013 at 10:31 PM CDT
Story Updated: May 14, 2013 at 11:01 PM CDT
CAMDEN, Tenn.- A battle 10 years in the making is brewing in Benton County. On one side, Camden Police who said they arrested a drug dealer and confiscated what he bought with the money he made. On the other side, Larry Ross who said he is the victim of bad police work.
"As far as his life, it destroyed him. His health is gone, he can no long work to try to make a living," Terry Leonard Ross' attorney said.
According to court documents, after months of surveilling Ross, Camden Police got a drug warrant and searched his home and confiscated more than $628,000 as well as drug paraphernalia.
During a 2006 hearing a financial expert witness for the state testified that Ross could not have generated that kind of money from his personal business. Ross attributed his large sums of cash in part to his grandfather.
"He worked himself to death and he saved every dime, and the government took it away from him. They destroyed this mans life," Leonard said.
During the 2006 trial, a Memphis judge ruled in favor of Ross saying even if the state had proven he was a major drug dealer they failed to prove the money, 41 guns, house boat and several cars were purchased with drug money.
"We've got the best judicial system in the world. It's not perfect and sometimes bad things happen to good folks," Leonard said.
He also said while Ross will never get back all he's lost he hopes this case can serve as an example not just in Benton County but nationwide.
"I think we got a good police department and excellent sheriff's department. But as in any profession you're gonna have a bad apple or two."
The Camden Police Department was advised by their lawyers not want to comment on the upcoming negotiations with Ross. Ross and his attorney are expected to begin meeting with Camden Police in the coming month to determine if a settlement can be reached. If not, Ross is seeking damages for nearly a decade of attorney fees as well as material items lost.
http://www.wbbjtv.com/news/local/Man-Sues-Cam...
Ken Beal AKA Robo Cop ran for Sheriff based on this arrest and how he ceased all of that money for the city of Camden. Now he is costing city tax payers legal fees and $500,000.00 of taxpayer money. HE took credit for the entire thing when it happened, now its time to hold him responsible for the ENTIRE thing!
Word on the street from city hall is that there is ANOTHER lawsuit about to be filed against Ken Beal and the City of Camden. Remember the $800,000.00 settlement against the city of Camden AND Ken Beal for pepper spraying a 12 year old girl while she was sitting in a van? His Time Is Up!!
I find this extremely interesting is there any updated information about it?

Location hidden

#16 Jul 6, 2013
I find it odd that just about the only Posters on here, besides Myself, are all the same Person...and then, you chime in! Very interesting, indeed!
reader

United States

#17 Jul 6, 2013
Sassy to the rescue! LOL!
I bet Kenny boy appreciates it even though he was the one that took credit for the whole thing when he ran for sheriff .
reader

United States

#18 Jul 6, 2013
so who was the cop the news paper said it was about?
reader

United States

#19 Jul 6, 2013
I'm gay and strung out on drugs.

Location hidden

#20 Jul 6, 2013
reader wrote:
I'm gay and strung out on drugs.
No kidding...I would have never guessed! <s>

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Coach meeks 4 hr Old coach B 3
Jonathon Briley (Jun '15) 5 hr Paris 8
Secret lovers? 6 hr Pony express 1
Jamie Roundtree and Tabitha Mayfield has TWIN G... 8 hr shell shell 5
Husband went behind my back for divorce 10 hr Tea Party Tea Party 3
Bust Sat Sad world 3
Cwag Fri cwag 28
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Camden Mortgages