Should state mandate immunizations? N...

Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

There are 9772 comments on the Chattanoogan.com story from May 4, 2011, titled Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July. In it, Chattanoogan.com reports that:

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chattanoogan.com.

Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#6588 Nov 6, 2012
doodooman wrote:
I think modern medicine should be working on a stupidity vaccine. It would pay to put in the drinking water in d'burg, that is the immunization we should concentrate on. Well i'm off to take a dump you goofballs have a swell day.
So many snappy come-backs, so few characters I can use. Let me just say, "Out of the mouths of babes."
Really still debating

Columbia, TN

#6589 Nov 6, 2012
In response to "what tha",, actually children do die from chicken pox. They usually have other Heath conditions, but a healthy child can get pneumonia from chicken pox and die.
I took care of a beautiful healthy 18 mo who died from streptococcal pneumonia meningitis, this was before the vaccine was available. I bet her poor parents wish a vaccine had been available.
I can't believe the misconceptions about vaccines that still exist out there. I don't care if you vaccinate your kids, I can vaccinate mine, but for the kids who are too young or have illnesses that prevent them from being vaccinated you are risking their health. Not that people like that care about others.
My children have had every vaccine recommended by the AAP, and never had a problem, nor did any of the hundreds of kids i have vaccinated over the years. Due to our legislation tn actually has one of the highest rates of vaccination in the country, but leave it to the uneducated and we can be at the bottom like we are for obesity.
Hey

Tullahoma, TN

#6590 Nov 6, 2012
Really still debating wrote:
In response to "what tha",, actually children do die from chicken pox. They usually have other Heath conditions, but a healthy child can get pneumonia from chicken pox and die.
I took care of a beautiful healthy 18 mo who died from streptococcal pneumonia meningitis, this was before the vaccine was available. I bet her poor parents wish a vaccine had been available.
I can't believe the misconceptions about vaccines that still exist out there. I don't care if you vaccinate your kids, I can vaccinate mine, but for the kids who are too young or have illnesses that prevent them from being vaccinated you are risking their health. Not that people like that care about others.
My children have had every vaccine recommended by the AAP, and never had a problem, nor did any of the hundreds of kids i have vaccinated over the years. Due to our legislation tn actually has one of the highest rates of vaccination in the country, but leave it to the uneducated and we can be at the bottom like we are for obesity.
You can't believe the misconceptions about vaccines?
You don't have a problem with cancer cells in the vaccines acknowleged by the Merck scientist?
How about Bayers Aids contaminated drug that killed thousands?
Or perhaps Billy Gates and his help to the children of India that has given them 47,000 paralized kids?
How about the Hep jab dumped on the gays infecting them with aids?
Maybe Mercks Mumps vaccine fraud?
Oh...and you remember our beloved Raggety Anne doll,YES? a tribute from a father to his dead daughter from the small pox shot?
I could go on but I think you got the drift.YES?
Really still debating

Columbia, TN

#6591 Nov 6, 2012
You sound delusional. Obviously you aren't looking at the scientific facts. I remember now why I quit trying.
Tim

Gallatin, TN

#6596 Nov 7, 2012
hillbilly wrote:
<quoted text>if your child attends school yes they are mandatory,no way around it,,also the courts have ruled in several cases not getting the shots is child neglect.
Actually as a child I my parents were told by doctors that I should not have any immunization shots due to having a case of Guillain-Barre syndrome at the age of 9.....I never had any immunization since the age of 9..every year before school started my parents had to get a certified letter from my doctor stating why i couldn't take any immunization shots...now at the age of 44 i have never had any serious illness or any surgeries & i dont get sick very often & I have only missed 1 day of work in the last 7 yrs......so I don't think it should be mandated.
Really still debating

Columbia, TN

#6597 Nov 7, 2012
The most important, more common illnesses are vaccinated for prior to 9. After 9 you now get dTap, meningococcal, and HPV and flu. If you are 44 all you would have been given after 9 was a tetanus booster. The others weren't available or recommended at that time.

“Unknown”

Since: Sep 12

Kingsport

#6598 Nov 7, 2012
Aristocles son of Ariston wrote:
<quoted text>
EXACTLY right! give your parental right to the government and when the U.N takes over "THEY" decide for you! Ever play checkers? think ahead of the game!
Beautifully said man, the only dilemma is that most americans only relate to what specifically touches THEIR lives. They will refuse to look at government mandates as, silly games and forceful manipulation, cause they have became so weak, that they only thing they will stand up against, is people trying to actually save their own damn country.

Take Care
not sure

Johnson City, TN

#6599 Nov 8, 2012
Its so scary to me!!
Geeze

Sparta, TN

#6600 Nov 8, 2012
mom wrote:
<quoted text>
It is NOT mandatory to enter public school. Parents may sign a waiver. Every drug has side effects. Personally I prefer to vaccinate my kids. I had mumps as a child before they gave the vaccine. I almost died. That alone is reason enough.
It's kinda funny that you mention the mumps vaccine. Well, not "haha" funny but still....

http://www.pharmalot.com/2012/06/merck-overst...
absolutely

Cookeville, TN

#6602 Nov 9, 2012
Top Mod 8 wrote:
Should the state should mandate immunizations for your children? Do you feel they are safe for all children. Do they cause other health issues like autism? Should the state also pay for them as well if they are requiring them?
yeas they should
dogeatdog

Cookeville, TN

#6603 Nov 9, 2012
Top Mod 8 wrote:
Should the state should mandate immunizations for your children? Do you feel they are safe for all children. Do they cause other health issues like autism? Should the state also pay for them as well if they are requiring them?
all kids need their shots to prevent the spread of any disease
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#6604 Nov 9, 2012
Really still debating wrote:
You sound delusional. Obviously you aren't looking at the scientific facts. I remember now why I quit trying.

This is taken from early in his 30 minute speech for TED. Delusional is not a word I'd use, but if you like here's the link to the whole speech.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

I'm not sure how many folks on this thread can do the actual calculation, but the Carbon content of the air is about 375 parts per million {375ppm}. That is to say less than 4 ten thousandths of one percent. If you took those 375 parts out of a million, you'd have 999,625 parts left. The percentage is ridiculously small, but listen to all the doom and gloom attached to it.

Here's the funny part. They call us delusional, but ignore the number of farms Monsanto has stolen from families, tell us we don't need to label foods so we know if those foods have been genetically modified, and try to tell us that the government is our final authority. I prefer to think that government serves by the consent of the governed, not the other way around.
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#6605 Nov 9, 2012
dogeatdog wrote:
<quoted text>all kids need their shots to prevent the spread of any disease
Maybe they do, maybe they don't. Would it be safe for me to assume that you are willing to grant the government ultimate authority over your own children?
sdg

Chatsworth, GA

#6606 Nov 9, 2012
Cfgh
Done my homework

Oak Ridge, TN

#6607 Nov 10, 2012
Round and round we go, but for me this gets down to two central issues.
1) Are our children really ours, or are they "Wards of the State" left with us as a convenience for the government?

2) If they are not "Wards of the State" then it becomes a question of Parental Rights, and our willingness to allow the state to usurp those rights.

I guess for some addressing these can be a bit frightening, maybe like standing on a 4 foot drop looking at a 6 foot leap to get to the other side. When I first started looking into this I was already pissed because of something I'd seen and something I'd heard on the local news in Dallas/Ft. Worth {I was living there at the time}.

I saw a Church {can't recall the name, but it was not unlike Mt. Pisgah} barricaded by Police and National Guard troops {put that in your "separation of church and state" and smoke it}. The Police and troops were there to confiscate the children that lived on the Church grounds and attended school at the Church. The Church had full enrollment documentation on each and every child.

The controversy was over teacher accreditation and licensing. The church itself hired those it felt were gifted to teach, but to satisfy the educational system in Texas each child had to submit to testing at their grade level. Every child exceeded the requirements of their grade level, some by several grades {this was brought out in the same news cast cited below}.

That evening the Attorney General of Texas stated on the local news that those children were "Wards of the State" and as such he'd ordered the Police and National Guard to barricade the Church until the children were found and surrendered to the authorities. When asked what gave the government the right to go after these children like this, he flatly stated that all children were "Wards of the State" and as such the parents were only allowed to retain custody as a convenience to the state. Yeppers, he actually did say that.

I came home to Tennessee a few years later and found that Tennessee was farther down the road to tyranny than Texas. When I found out why, it made me sick, but this is one of those cases where you can't be told the truth, you must be shown. Sadly, even then many won't be able to see it because they don't know how to see it. Want an example of what I mean? Put a toothpick against a mirror, any mirror, in your house and see if the toothpick touches its reflection. The point here is that until you see, you can't see.
The Truth

Morristown, TN

#6608 Nov 11, 2012
Top Mod 8 wrote:
The global elite want to take all of your freedom away. They are made of the rich and powerful evil central bankers which control the money supply of the entire planet. Why do you think Bill Gates is in favor of population control?
TRUTH IS RIGHT

United States

#6609 Nov 11, 2012
The Truth wrote:
<quoted text> The global elite want to take all of your freedom away. They are made of the rich and powerful evil central bankers which control the money supply of the entire planet. Why do you think Bill Gates is in favor of population control?
Please keep up the good posting. im not trying to be hateful to you. you are one of the only people that KNOW the truth.

PLEASE POST AS MUCH AS YOU CAN ABOUT MONSANTO!!!!
The Truth

Morristown, TN

#6610 Nov 11, 2012
TRUTH IS RIGHT wrote:
<quoted text>
Please keep up the good posting. im not trying to be hateful to you. you are one of the only people that KNOW the truth.
This evil corporation is the maker of the toxic poison aspartame that turns into formaldehyde once in the human body producing migraines, seizures,and Parkinson's just to name a few. They also genetically engineer seed so after harvest the seeds become sterile and will not reproduce as God intended. Farmers will be at their mercy to buy seed which can lead to famine!
KnightLord

Oak Ridge, TN

#6611 Nov 11, 2012
TRUTH IS RIGHT wrote:
<quoted text>
?

If you can grab it, this might be a good one to keep in your private collection.
KnightLord

Oak Ridge, TN

#6612 Nov 11, 2012
A friend of mine in the UK passed away about a year ago of pancreatic cancer. He'd been studying MONSANTO for years, and had tons of documentation about their doings. Some of the pollutants that they put into the environment border on science fiction to hear about until you see the actual studies and reports.

Were I to share just a bit of what I've learned, they wouldn't just ban the posts from the registered "KnightLord" nickname {which TOPIX has done}, they would track down my IP and I'm sure the result would be dire considering "Sneak and Peak" {if you know what that is, I need say no more}.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fiddlers Jambore Money Problems 21 hr agree 4
Brad Essary Mon big momma 20
Community Growth Sun Dinty Moore 6
Will Clayton Sun Omg 4
Opinions on Bubba French? Sun BrokeBack 6
My money (Dec '12) Sun VA out of the bag 66
Theresa Hester Sat visitor 6

Camden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance