Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July

There are 9608 comments on the Chattanoogan.com story from May 4, 2011, titled Should state mandate immunizations? New requirements effective in July. In it, Chattanoogan.com reports that:

Immunizations are one of the most efficient and cost-effective ways to protect children against childhood diseases and Tennessee law requires documented immunizations.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chattanoogan.com.

Geeze

Lexington, TN

#6168 Jul 7, 2012
DeDominicis wrote:
<quoted text>Because the shots harm fewer people than the diseases the side effects may cause or be, i believe that the injections should be mandated by the federal government. If you dont take the injections you may only work at or attend a private community to live out your life in and only enjoy special visitation time in "the real world" with a federal clique that will insure that you stay away from those of us with scruples.
The people of Finland might disagree with you.

http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/cidrap/content/infl...

"When investigators explored the clinical picture of the 54 children with narcolepsy in 2010, they found that 50 had received the pandemic vaccine before symptom onset, which started abruptly."

50 out of 54 cases tied directly to the vaccine, that's not so rare, now is it?

“John Averitt is a molester.”

Since: Nov 08

Cookeville

#6169 Jul 7, 2012
Seems like the vaccinations to prevent the spread of diseases to more good than harm to people.

Cookeville

#6170 Jul 7, 2012
Geeze wrote:
<quoted text>
The people of Finland might disagree with you.
http://www.cidrap.umn.edu/cidrap/content/infl...
"When investigators explored the clinical picture of the 54 children with narcolepsy in 2010, they found that 50 had received the pandemic vaccine before symptom onset, which started abruptly."
50 out of 54 cases tied directly to the vaccine, that's not so rare, now is it?
i'm not going to follow your narc link. It's quite obvious to the vast majority of thinkers that Tb,polio etc are about as bad as anything and those things should be prevented and most avenues should be closed to those not on the wagon so to speak.
Geeze

Lexington, TN

#6171 Jul 7, 2012
DeDominicis wrote:
<quoted text>i'm not going to follow your narc link. It's quite obvious to the vast majority of thinkers that Tb,polio etc are about as bad as anything and those things should be prevented and most avenues should be closed to those not on the wagon so to speak.
Narc link. It's the CDC.
Wow

Lexington, TN

#6172 Jul 7, 2012
Why wouldn't you trust drug makers? they would never commit fraud...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-21677...

Or be convicted of criminal offenses...

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/2012/April/12-c...

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news...

Or have ghost writers twist data for them...

http://www.pharmalot.com/2012/06/ghosts-in-th...

They would NEVER use children in the foster system to experiment on, forcing them to take drugs against their will....

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php...

They have the public interest at heart, really... they do.

Jackson, TN

#6173 Jul 7, 2012
Sorry, I posted on the wrong thread
mandate

Sparta, TN

#6174 Jul 8, 2012
Stray Dog wrote:
No.
Yes
meb

Sparta, TN

#6175 Jul 8, 2012
Stray Dog wrote:
No.
Yes
Wow

Lexington, TN

#6176 Jul 8, 2012
Opinion wrote:
I am not real sure where most of you are from, but in West Tennessee, the Carroll County Board of Education has made it a requirement for ALL students attending schools within the district to have so many types if vaccines; chicken pox, polio, etc. It has been this way for as long as I have gone to school there.
Waiver forms for personal or religious exemptions are freely available. Forced medical treatment is an assault and a violation of the 1st & 14th amendment to the Constitution.

TENNESSEE CODE ANNOTATED
Title 49 Education
Chapter 6 Elementary and Secondary Education
Part 50 Immunization of School Children
49-6-5001. General provisions.

(b)(1) It is the responsibility of the parents or guardian of children to have their children immunized, as required by subsection (a).

(2) In the absence of an epidemic or immediate threat of an epidemic, this section shall not apply to any child whose parent or guardian files with school authorities a signed, written statement that the immunization and other preventive measures conflict with the parent's or guardian's religious tenets and practices, affirmed under the penalties of perjury.

(c)(1) No children shall be permitted to attend any public school, nursery school, kindergarten, preschool or child care facility until proof of immunization is given the admissions officer of the school, nursery school, kindergarten, preschool or child care facility except as provided in subsection (b).

(2) No child shall be denied admission to any school or school facility if the child has not been immunized due to medical reasons if the child has a written statement from the child's doctor excusing the child from the immunization.

As you can plainly see, both religious & medical exemptions are recognized by the state of Tennessee.

If someone in Carroll County told you otherwise, they are PRESCRIBING medical treatment without a license to do so & face criminal charges for impersonating a medical practitioner.

Get them to write it down, then take it to a lawyer, you'll be a millionaire & the poor soul who thought they could circumvent the law will be in prison.
beano

Henning, TN

#6177 Jul 8, 2012
no
I know

Cookeville, TN

#6178 Jul 9, 2012
dont you know wrote:
your child does not have to have them. You can elect not to have them.
Yes Yes
WTH

Manchester, TN

#6179 Jul 9, 2012
DeDominicis wrote:
<quoted text>Because the shots harm fewer people than the diseases the side effects may cause or be, i believe that the injections should be mandated by the federal government. If you dont take the injections you may only work at or attend a private community to live out your life in and only enjoy special visitation time in "the real world" with a federal clique that will insure that you stay away from those of us with scruples.
Scruples??????????
Ha Ha Ha Ha
Merck in trouble for vaccine fraud.
http://www.naturalnews.com/036417_Glaxo_Merck...
Visitation in the real world?
Ha Ha Ha Ha
Fools.. We told ya so.
Reject the inject.
Ha Ha Ha Ha

Cookeville

#6180 Jul 9, 2012
Geeze wrote:
<quoted text>
Narc link. It's the CDC.
If these shots didnt save more lives than they take they wouldnt be offered. i dont think stating that a few have been killed or crippled because of CERTAIN vaccinations calls for anything but the removal and re-assesment of that PARTICULAR shot.
momzy3

Madison, WI

#6182 Jul 11, 2012
Make informed choices before vaccinating. This link is a wonderful resource that gives you the facts about vaccines good and bad. http://www.nvic.org/
To say they are all beneficial is not true and to say they are all bad for everyone is also not true. Please especially read about Gardisil. It is being forcefully pushed and has never even completed the mandatory trials. Merck stands to make loads and people are being VERY injured by it.
parent

United States

#6183 Jul 12, 2012
Wow wrote:
<quoted text>
Waiver forms for personal or religious exemptions are freely available. Forced medical treatment is an assault and a violation of the 1st & 14th amendment to the Constitution.
TENNESSEE CODE ANNOTATED
Title 49 Education
Chapter 6 Elementary and Secondary Education
Part 50 Immunization of School Children
49-6-5001. General provisions.
(b)(1) It is the responsibility of the parents or guardian of children to have their children immunized, as required by subsection (a).
(2) In the absence of an epidemic or immediate threat of an epidemic, this section shall not apply to any child whose parent or guardian files with school authorities a signed, written statement that the immunization and other preventive measures conflict with the parent's or guardian's religious tenets and practices, affirmed under the penalties of perjury.
(c)(1) No children shall be permitted to attend any public school, nursery school, kindergarten, preschool or child care facility until proof of immunization is given the admissions officer of the school, nursery school, kindergarten, preschool or child care facility except as provided in subsection (b).
(2) No child shall be denied admission to any school or school facility if the child has not been immunized due to medical reasons if the child has a written statement from the child's doctor excusing the child from the immunization.
As you can plainly see, both religious & medical exemptions are recognized by the state of Tennessee.
If someone in Carroll County told you otherwise, they are PRESCRIBING medical treatment without a license to do so & face criminal charges for impersonating a medical practitioner.
Get them to write it down, then take it to a lawyer, you'll be a millionaire & the poor soul who thought they could circumvent the law will be in prison.
were do i get the waiver forms? plz thks
Right

Knoxville, TN

#6185 Jul 12, 2012
What a NUT!
Again

Pikeville, TN

#6187 Jul 12, 2012
Right wrote:
What a NUT!
he's not a nut he seems more. "Well Informed!"
Wow

Lexington, TN

#6188 Jul 12, 2012
parent wrote:
<quoted text>
were do i get the waiver forms? plz thks
Available Exemptions
Medical & Religious
TITLE 37. JUVENILES
CHAPTER 10. MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
PART 4. CHILDHOOD IMMUNIZATIONS
Tenn Code Ann 37-10-402 (2002)
37-10-402. Conflict with religious tenets and practices of parent
You can get this form from any public health dept. it is green, I do believe.
The medical exemption would come from your doctor, if you, or a family member has had an adverse event post vaccine, make sure it is documented as such & obtain a medical waiver.
Some health food stores have forms citing the state statute along with the other information regarding constitutional law, these will shut the mouth on any school principal who possesses even 3 brain cells.
momzy3

Madison, WI

#6189 Jul 12, 2012
Hometown wrote:
Blah blah Danger, we know how you like to fuss and argue. I'm sure you will be able to explain to be how having children who contract these diseases wouldnt allow for faster mutations of these diseases ( the natural process after all) which will weaken the defenses of the children receiving the shots. Having a great uncle crippled by Polio I guess gives me a different perspective....after all, an immunization has all but elimated that deadly disease here in America.
Having a child injured by vaccine gives you a very different perspective as well.
momzy3

Madison, WI

#6190 Jul 12, 2012
lol funny wrote:
<quoted text>
Other children that are so sick they can't get their shots.. leukemia, cancers, etc and yes even my kids w/ their shots. Some shots don't prevent illness just makes it so its not as bad ie chicken pox. We use to get small pox shots they stopped giving them because nobody was getting them anymore.. a few kids come back from other countries back to the states and had them. Those children could of killed hundreds if they didn't catch it right away. If you don't want to get your children shots that is fine w/ me just don't send them to school with the other kids.
Children who have been vaccinated with certain vaccinations must stay away from those with compromised immune systems for a certain length of time because they will expose that person. Maybe after vaccinations they should stay home during that period.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hillbilly town (Dec '13) 8 hr backwards 20
Jobs? 12 hr NEWGUY 1
Britney Hatley (Jan '14) 16 hr mel 3
Dude, Where's My Privilege? The Myth of Straigh... (Oct '14) 18 hr backwards 9
wow! awesome! (Apr '11) Sun suemebutthead 12
Good looking guy named Siler Sat Ms Sassy 42
Volleyball Fri jump 1
More from around the web

Camden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE