14-year-old girl killed, 2 hurt in joyride

A 14-year-old girl has been killed and two other 14-year-old girls injured in what authorities say was a joyride in Kershaw County. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JD MB

Myrtle Beach, SC

#1 Jul 22, 2008
Yet ANOTHER case of "Girls Gone Wild". I guess the days of "being a lady" are just about over. Sad.
jeri angus

Hilton Head Island, SC

#2 Jul 22, 2008
What a horrific accident, nakes someone really wonder where parents are. Here are three innocent children that will never get a chane in life
partee

Laurinburg, NC

#3 Jul 22, 2008
The accident occurred at 3:30 in the morning? Why weren't they home and in bed asleep? This is so sad for all three families! Kids aren't kids anymore.....they are out of control!
New To MB

United States

#8 Jul 22, 2008
Dumb Blondes wrote:
Well thats what you get for being retarded, I bet the girls were probably blondes too, I can't see a brunette doing something this stupid.
That's the dumbest thing I've heard on here yet!
small town sc

United States

#10 Jul 22, 2008
This is an awful thing for all of the children and the parents involved but people say where were the parents? My guess is that they were sleeping come on have you not had kids? When you put them in at night you never think you need to hire a guard to watch while you sleep?? What could the parents have done sleep with the car keys in their mouth. People are so quick to judge others do you have a armed guard watch children while you sleep my guess is these parents had to get up and go to a job to supply the needs of these children. I know I sure do!!! How many children do this and never get caught ?
Larry

Fayetteville, NC

#11 Jul 22, 2008
You do not have to sleep with keys in your mouth or hire armed guards while sleeping to prevent this. HIDE, repeat, HIDE your keys. Most kids would never take their parents car but there are a few that will. I'm sure dear old mom would know if their kid would. As for the father, I assume these are fatherless kids.

Do you know where your kids are?
New To MB

United States

#12 Jul 22, 2008
small town sc wrote:
This is an awful thing for all of the children and the parents involved but people say where were the parents? My guess is that they were sleeping come on have you not had kids? When you put them in at night you never think you need to hire a guard to watch while you sleep?? What could the parents have done sleep with the car keys in their mouth. People are so quick to judge others do you have a armed guard watch children while you sleep my guess is these parents had to get up and go to a job to supply the needs of these children. I know I sure do!!! How many children do this and never get caught ?
AMEN!
nmbgidge

Florence, SC

#13 Jul 22, 2008
I think the point of "where were the parents" is not directed toward this one particular night. I think it means you should raise your children in a manner that frowns on disobedience. It can be done... no matter what pack they run around with. If your parents have taught you well, you just won't do it. If your parents let you get away with the small stuff, sooner or later you will get away with the big stuff. Unfortunately, someone didn't get away with anything. If you don't know your teen children are sneaking out in the middle of the night... You are not listening

I have a 14 yr old... He knows the hair on his scalp is not even his until he is 18. He asks permission to use the phone, watch television, even to go into the fridge... He also knows if he pulled some stunt like stealing his parents keys-he would not see the light of day until his 18th birthday...

I don't think you have to sleep with your keys in your mouth... but, obviously these children did not think the consequences would be severe enough. I think that is the real problem. ACCOUNTABILITY & RESPONSIBILITY.
FEMALE

Myrtle Beach, SC

#14 Jul 22, 2008
Holy Mother of PEARL. What a statement. "being a lady?" If it were 2 boys, it would be boys being boys? Ignoranus. WOMEN ARE PEOPLE TOO, AND WE LIKE TO HAVE FUN AND IT'S HORRIBLE LOSS IN LIFE, NOT A LOSS OF SOME FANTASY OF 1920'S IDEAS OF HOW LADIES SHOULD ACT. I THINK WOMEN HAVE BEEN DOING ALOT MORE OF WHAT THEY WANT TO THAN YOU THINK FOR A LONG TIME NOW. EVEN THE ONES THAT KEEP UP APPEARANCES. GOON
JD MB wrote:
Yet ANOTHER case of "Girls Gone Wild". I guess the days of "being a lady" are just about over. Sad.
Larry

Fayetteville, NC

#15 Jul 22, 2008
FEMALE: That statment was coming from someone that would also tell you that girls get pregnant boys don't.
FEMALE

Myrtle Beach, SC

#16 Jul 22, 2008
I have a mental picture and it's making me sick.

Probably has enjoyed ladies not being ladies at some point as well. What a diseased baboon. His poor wife, if he managed to ensnare one.
ass u me

Black Mountain, NC

#17 Jul 22, 2008
Larry wrote:
You do not have to sleep with keys in your mouth or hire armed guards while sleeping to prevent this. HIDE, repeat, HIDE your keys. Most kids would never take their parents car but there are a few that will. I'm sure dear old mom would know if their kid would. As for the father, I assume these are fatherless kids.
Well you know what they say about assuming...

What information from the news article gave you the slightest indication that these kids are/were fatherless.

For the record, that would be impossible.
small town sc

United States

#18 Jul 22, 2008
I agree that they should be accountable if the are able this one child will not be afforded that luxury, as for knowing what teens do people wake up!!! These people are slick you might fool your self that you know everything but I seriously doubt it , Just for the record I have reared 4 the oldest 35 the youngest is now 16, Now I have a nicety alot of people do not 4 dogs in the house but there was an instance back last winter where the bogs woke me up at 3 am and when I got myself together there was another child at my house now this one had a license but do you think his mom knew he was out at 3, No I am sure not she was asleep got to go to the job to feed the child as for fathers my childs father is in the home but they are sneaky little creatures and they do get over sometimes, I even know children who have said they pushed the car out of the yard so the parent would not wake with the motor starting in any event give these parents a break for gosh sakes I would like to think they were in their bed where these 3 should have been!! You get 2 or more of these children together and they try to impress each other , I do not doubt what kids will do, A neighbor phoned me once and ask if my children were digging a great big hole in the yard I said I don't think so but let me look and see, they weren't my mom said I should have gotten upset and told her that they would not do that, I said why would I do that I might have opened the door and fell in the hole. As for the comments about these being female let me assure you have had 2 of each and boys and girls alike get into mischief, They are just children please think about your own life as a child and that of your own children before you are so cruel. I never took the car but looking back to childhood I did some pretty dangerous things did any of you???? WE night all look at this instance and say except for the grace of GOD there go I
Old Jim 70

Conway, SC

#19 Jul 22, 2008
It is an awful shame that a kid is dead, and others injured. Small town is right. There are few kids that don't have that false sense of invincibility. It is usually by luck that we survive our teens.
Dave

Columbia, SC

#20 Jul 22, 2008
What about the parents that give their kids golf carts to ride on public streets? What happens when they pull out in front of a car? Do the parents blame the driver of the car? Most Would.
Larry wrote:
small town sc

United States

#21 Jul 22, 2008
Larry wrote:
To answer your question I know where my kids are now but at 3am I will most likely be asleep You know they make cribs for infants and toddlers so they can't get up in the night this works till the child learns he can climb!!!! As for dear old mom yes she can be surprised!!! Dd you ever just surprise the daylights out of your parents or were you a model child? I have known many many children and a good portion of them will shock your pants off. No I do not hide my keys can't say I know anyone who does. but you know what I bet 2 of these children were sleeping over their parent did not even have the luxury of thinking hide the keys, anyway if you have a device s bed of some sort that will keep these kids in bed till we wake up I bet we could all use one you could become rich off of that project
Uncle John

United States

#22 Jul 22, 2008
Dave wrote:
What about the parents that give their kids golf carts to ride on public streets? What happens when they pull out in front of a car? Do the parents blame the driver of the car? Most Would.
<quoted text>
Worse, some buy them motor cycles or heaven forbid mopeds!
Schools no longer educate as there is no disipline at home and if attempted at school the lawyers come in droves. Kids have no responsibility or accountability any longer.
fact not fiction

Murrells Inlet, SC

#23 Jul 22, 2008
One case of poor judgement and a life is taken. The other two will never be the same. My prayers are for the girls and their family.
New To MB wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN!
Mother of three

Florence, SC

#24 Jul 24, 2008
I was at work on monday and I heard the news about the girls and I just sat there thinking what would I do if that happened to my kids.You try to raise your kids and teach them right from wrong and they normaly know right from wrong.You can only do so much nobody is promised tomorrow,teenagers have a mid of their own that everything is for fun.My kids are 23,18.16,I been through this already with one and now the oter two have their license,and everytime they leave my driveway I worry and hope to god that I don't get a call that they are injured or dead,I stay awake until they walk i the door.You can't be wth them every waking minute,everybody has a different opinion about htis and those people who posted those stupid and disrespectful coments,you wouldn't be thinking osr saying that if it had been you that got the call the families of those girls got that night so don't be ignorent and have some respect or were you not taught any better.My prayers are with the families of these kids.
Mother of three

Florence, SC

#25 Jul 24, 2008
I was at work monday when this came on the news and I sat and thought hat if it were my kids.I went through this when my first child got her license,and now I have two more teenage drivers.i worry everytime they leave this house about what could happen.I lye awake util they are back home,you can't be there every minute of their lives,all you can do is teach them rigt frm wrong and most of them know right from wrong.but when they are teenagers fun is all that matters.We are never promised anothe rday on this earth.This was just something that should not of happened,it wouldn't be fair to blame the parents I know I can't take the blam for some of the things my kids have done.Just love your kids and try to protect them is all we can do.And for those stupid people who posted those disrespectful comments,you would not be thinking that way if it were you who got the call the fanilies of those kids got that night,or do you just have no human compassion.My prayers are with the families.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone know where conman Terry Wellham is in jail> 37 min tracker 1
Brother & Sister Have 4 Kids:Want Incest Legalized (Mar '08) 23 hr xxx12345 219
Somebody Throat Punch Lindsey Graham Already Mon American 1
R.E.M. Lead Singer Admits He's Gay (Mar '08) Nov 22 lelelelelel 49
Debate: Gay Marriage - Lugoff, SC (Aug '10) Nov 22 Jimmy Segars 60
Kizi4game.com - Free Games Online For You (Nov '13) Nov 22 kolomi 23
Lexington Poker Ring: Where "The Tape" Came From (Aug '12) Nov 19 congthu 84
Camden Dating
Find my Match

Camden People Search