Convicted Sex Offender Registers With...

Convicted Sex Offender Registers With Daycare Address

There are 58 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Mar 4, 2008, titled Convicted Sex Offender Registers With Daycare Address. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

Lisa Glenn is stunned after discovering a registered sex offender may be living just one hundred yards from her home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Listen up

Columbia, SC

#45 Mar 5, 2008
Lisa you should be grateful that you don't have to send your kids to daycare unlike all of us working parents. God blessed you. I know that being a stay at home mom is a job too and but I hate it when stay at home mothers try to seem like they are better than all of us mothers that actually have to work for a living. I was fortunate enough to stay at home with my son the first 3 years and now he is in preschool, but I would have never pushed my opinion on someone that had to work or chooses to stay home. And I am glad that Lisa has that choice to not work, but don’t make it seem like we are making the choice for our kids to go to daycare so easily. On that note, I think that stay at home mothers have to much time on their hands and thankfully Mrs. Glenn had plenty of time to be checking every sex offender’s home address and checking out the location. Maybe DSS should be writing her a paycheck because they obliviously don't have anyone to fill that position. Also Lisa, I don’t know why you were worried in the first place considering you "Keep an eye on your children.” And “make sure they're safe at all times," your kids have nothing to worry about. Right?
And for all those who think they will be with your kids 24/7 for the next 18 years, get back to me on that and tell me how that worked out for you.
Mary in West Columbia

North Myrtle Beach, SC

#46 Mar 5, 2008
Come on people, this man is VERY WELL KNOWN BY THE PERSON WHO OWNS THIS DAYCARE. DON'T BE FOOLED! SO WHERE IS HE NOW? HE WAS LIVING THERE, THE PELION ADDRESS IS ONLY HIS EX WIFE...WHEN IS THE LAW GOING TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS MAN, AND NOW About this woman who KNOWS THIS MAN 'VERY WELL'!?????
Mary in West Columbia

North Myrtle Beach, SC

#47 Mar 5, 2008
The Deal wrote:
First, is he a danger to children? A minor could mean and 17 year, 51 week old person. Second, how old was he when he commited these sex crimes? Was he one or two years older than his victim? Third, did she know him? Who knows. There are some really stupid people, not to mention naive people. There is just too many unanswered questions.
That sounds like sex offender talk...
BELIEVE ME, EVERYONE KNOWS MR JACKSON, INCLUDING THIS WOMAN AT THE DAYCARE..THERE IS MUCH MORE TO THAT RELATIONSHIP. THIS MAN NEEDS TO BE BEHIND BARS. AND THIS WOMAN WHO ALLOWED HIM AROUND THOSE CHILDREN NEEDS TO BE BEHIND BARS ALSO. SHAME ON LEXINGTON COUNTY FOR LETTING THIS MAN STAY ON THE STREETS. HE IS A DANGER TO CHILDREN AND THAT IS A PROVEN FACT....ONE THAT KEISHA'S PLAYHOUSE KNEW EXTREMELY WELL!!
PPLEASSE

West Columbia, SC

#48 Mar 5, 2008
Fed-up wrote:
This man registers with an address that he doesn't live at, which means he gave false information to his parole officer if he's on parole. If he isn't on parole then he falsified a State registry document. Why isn't he in jail on that alone? These states need to get a grip on these sexual predators if they are going to let them back into the free world.
Exactly!! Some people worrying about the wrong thing in this post. My thought is that he was free to roam and do as he please(no pun intended/ because that's exactly what he did with a minor).

“Custom Handcarved Decoys”

Since: Mar 08

Kingstree, SC

#49 Mar 5, 2008
I say commite a sex crime, you get your privates cut out or get em stitched up... Something that will set a example... It works in other countries with hands if caught stealing... One hand to eat and one hand to whipe.. Only one hand and your in a mess...
Resident of Gaston

North Myrtle Beach, SC

#50 Mar 5, 2008
Ronnie Jackson has a son who was once with my sister, Its not the fact that hes a sex offender, But that it was his own child, If hes capable of this with own offspring, why not with anyone elses child, And his daughter was no where near being seventeen, like ive seen others inquire about. She was very much underage, And he was convicted, Miss Keisha Porterfield aka Keisha Jacobs was well aware of the things going on in her home, She was aware of his status as a sex offender, I know her personally and she can say what she wants now that the tables have turned, I just cant see the justice in DSS letting this woman watch others children when she obviously doesnt think before she acts. I just dont know what our state is thinking, i bet if a investigation of her home was executed, alot of peoples children would be alot better off!
concerned parent

Sumter, SC

#51 Mar 5, 2008
how takesha didn't know when her cousins daughter was taken from the home cause he was dating her mother.And an incident occurred involving this man and takesha cousin(sharrain)that he touched her inappropriately. he lives with takesha cause thats where her cousin glenda poterfeild(sharrain's mother) lives and its because of the state checks these people are receiving that they can live in this home.follow-up!!!
concerned parent

Sumter, SC

#52 Mar 5, 2008
GASTON GIRL wrote:
I can understand their concern. But I know Lisa Glenn, and she is only trying to get some attention, she is an idiot.
it doesn't matter about ms. glenn would you want a sex offender living in a day care where your child is being kept.
Mary in West Columbia

North Myrtle Beach, SC

#53 Mar 5, 2008
IS OUR SYSTEM REALLY THIS MESSED UP? IF JUST THE PUBLIC CAN COME UP WITH ALL THIS ON MR.JACKSON, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE LEGAL SYSTEM? SEEMS LIKE THE PEOPLE, WHO PAY THE SALARIES OF THE OFFICIALS, ARE REALLY HAVING TO DO 'THEIR WORK' FOR THEM....hmmmmm....
concerned parent

Sumter, SC

#54 Mar 5, 2008
the state who gave her that license to provide care to other peoples kids needs to step up and take it from her but keep in mind takesha has children of her own living here with this man. IF SHE PUT HER OWN KIDS IN HARMS WAY, WHAT YOU THINK SHE CARED ABOUT OTHER PEOPLES KIDS "NOTHING" ALL ABOUT THAT MONEY CAUSE I KNOW HE WASN'T LIVING THERE FOR FREE!!!
SC Girl

Sumter, SC

#55 Mar 5, 2008
I know I feel much safer in Gaston knowing Mrs. Lisa Glenn is on the case!! Maybe she should take the place of the Gaston P.D. If her child is not in the Daycare, then maybe she should mind her own business...
GASTON GIRL

Sumter, SC

#56 Mar 5, 2008
concerned parent wrote:
<quoted text>it doesn't matter about ms. glenn would you want a sex offender living in a day care where your child is being kept.
I think if you go back and read the article, you will see that Mrs. Glenn's child DOES NOT go to the Day Care. She was just trying to get some attention on TV, I know her, and I know how she is. All of her comments were actually pretty useless... ""Keep an eye on your children. Make sure they're safe at all times,". Come on, don't we all do our best to make sure that happens? I don't need some idiot to tell me that.
West Columbia

North Myrtle Beach, SC

#57 Mar 5, 2008
I think one thing Miss Gaston Girl is failing to realize is.....She might not care about this situation because she doesnt have a child who attends this day care, BUT FOR THOSE WHO DO....This was actually doing the neighborhood a favor...Wouldnt you want to be informed of something like this IF YOUR CHILD HAD BEEN ATTENDING? Or are you a parent who could care less?? If you have children and love your children you want to know that the people you trust your children with ARE PEOPLE YOU CAN TRUST....So who really cares that this woman didnt as you say....Mind her own business...Maybe she was thinking more along the lines of caring for children...And their well-being....I mean...if the mans been convicted...How can you say anything like your defending? What is up with this situation?

“Bacon, You know you want some”

Since: Feb 08

W. Cola, SC

#58 Mar 5, 2008
Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh, blacks never say blacks do not molest kids... unlike us... it is you and all the other racist that is posting to this particular story, and this forum keep claiming blacks only commit crimes.
This character 1134 don't count because it's a pervert that have nothing better to do than write numbers on his balls and post them on a public forum don't count because it's still trying to find self.
Although I don't believe in stats... I'll use one of yours anyway... 1 out 20 is not that bad.
Justice, you don't count either because you are black. Maybe God will bless you with vitiligo and wash away all that blackness so that you can experience the care-free lifestyle that whites enjoy. Until then, enjoy your AIDS.
Concerned Mother

Manning, SC

#59 Mar 5, 2008
I have a child under the age of 10 years old, and I live on that road. I'm shocked that the county police and dss didn't check up on that the way that they should have. Not just that, I'm concerned that people like that could just live anywhere they want to...sickening...

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#60 Mar 6, 2008
Concerned Mother wrote:
I have a child under the age of 10 years old, and I live on that road. I'm shocked that the county police and dss didn't check up on that the way that they should have. Not just that, I'm concerned that people like that could just live anywhere they want to...sickening...
My concern would be the day care owner not asking why he needed her address. Don't ask, don't tell policy is dangerous.
GASTON GIRL

Peak, SC

#61 Mar 6, 2008
No where in this artice does it say that the neighbor "Mrs. Glenn" discovered all by herself that this man had registered with the daycare address. Who discovered this? I don't see any where that says it was the nosey neighbor, but if it was, then "hats off" to her. I too have a child, but I know that my child is not around a registered sex offender. Why? Because I checked this out BEFORE my child was sent off to childcare, and I know everyone that my child come in contact with. Not only is this the responsibility of the Child Care Provider, but the responsibility of the Parents. My child goes no-place that I am not aware of the people that are around, and what kind of people they are. We have to look out for our children and stop trying to push that job off on other people. Check these things out BEFORE you allow people to be around your children. It's not that hard, it common sense. In the world we live in today, you can't be too careful.
Pretty

United States

#62 Jan 7, 2013
Ben wrote:
Stupidity is not race selective...:)
Amen!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dent teachers having sex Thu HERBERT D 2
News Will smart-looking glasses do the trick for Ric... (Jun '15) Jun 27 VorenusI 3
News Resident runs throughout Aiken County for ALS a... (Aug '15) Jun 27 Mrs Laney Riley 55
traffic Jun 26 Toomuchtraffic 1
News What Is It With SC Sheriffs? (Jul '12) Jun 23 Anonymous 4
News Accident Slows Traffic on Garners Ferry Road (Mar '08) Jun 22 Tammy 22
camden Jun 4 rosie 1

Camden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Camden Mortgages