Police: Camden Teen Shot, Killed Duri...

Police: Camden Teen Shot, Killed During "Gang-Related" Incident

There are 217 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Dec 8, 2007, titled Police: Camden Teen Shot, Killed During "Gang-Related" Incident. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

A Camden teen is dead and two other teens are in jail after a gang-related shooting in Camden Friday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Cheraw, SC

#232 Dec 16, 2007
Native of Camden wrote:
It upsets me to see an innocent kid killed due to the ignorant actions of children playing and pretending to be in gangs. They don't understand until things like this occur that it is a serious matter. My heart goes out to the mother of the victim and even the mothers of the children related in this crime because although mothers only want the best for their children, in times like this you can only pray that justice is prevailed. I hope that for others this is a wake up call. We have to help our children understand the severity of gangs... and it's never to early to start. Parents MUST wake up and realize that the world is a harsh place to live in and that we as parents must take our responsibilites seriously. The bible says "Train up a child in the way they shall go and when they are older they will not depart from it;" therefore, it's training time... we must instill the fear of God in our children and train them up to live right by Christ. Like the Katrina incident in New Orleans this is our wake up call in Camden,SC... time to take a stand b/c we have to get these "gang bangers" off our streets. Now, my prayer is that those involved are punished for this crime... it's serious, a life has been taken!
Who says they are pretending??

Cheraw, SC

#233 Dec 16, 2007
Tonia wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying Mike asked to get shot?
Also I guess you never made a bad choice. Some of us are lucky to not face the consisquences of that bad choice
Yes I have made bad choices and that is why I can say that ALL choices carry consequences, good or bad. It seems to have been someone else's bad choice that got him killed. The best choice is to stay away from situations that can get you in trouble if it is at all possible. Right now a lot of people are suffering because of someone's choice to kill another.

Camden, SC

#234 Dec 18, 2007
For Tw GW,
why would something like that come out your mouth, the black person so happens to be someone's child and friend. That so called black person in Mike and he is dead and for you to say something like dat aint even funny. People need to learn to look pass the colors and look at the bigger problems. Not why blacks are killing black but why are people killing people
camden person

Rion, SC

#235 Dec 21, 2007
glad to see that most of them aren't able to bond out. way to go, judge!
for the two who can get out, there are a lot of angry friends and family out there. it may have been safer to stay in jail.

Camden, SC

#236 Dec 23, 2007
I don't feel comfortable with any of them being out at all. I can only hope things settle down after Christmas. But I hear there are more warrants.

All of this is just so very sad.
Shalace Rose

Camden, SC

#237 Jan 11, 2008
Jenna, I love you girl and you knew that we was ALL close to him. And I want to thank you and our whole team for sticking together during that time. muwahh kisses XoXo
Nicole Jamison

Camden, SC

#238 Feb 7, 2008
Justin Miller wrote:
R.I.P Michael Smith
I Just wanted to say that michael u did not deserve to die this early and that u are in a betta place now and we all will miss u and u will always be in our hearts foreva. Love U Michael
Rest In Peace
wesley gunter

Columbia, SC

#239 Jun 4, 2008
i miss you mike i wish you was still here to see your 18 birthday miss you
shannon paige

Bartow, FL

#240 Feb 5, 2010
its sad that your gone to not see you no more in school hurts me so bad im goin to miss you mike
jc old friend

Park Forest, IL

#241 Aug 14, 2010
i remember wen he used 2 give us free candy bars @ IGA & he was my brothers best friend. i wish we culd cherish our moments 2gether a little longer. RIP mike!!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#242 Aug 14, 2010
kids need parents. you know, the ones that actually keep their kids at home and let them go when the time is right not when the time is convenient.

United States

#243 Sep 10, 2010
Nope sorry just the Travelocity Gnome.
Stating the obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you...when you're young you think your parents are being mean when they set boundaries -- it's only when you've grown up that you see the "why" behind everything.
And yes, they're coming...in 5,4,3,2,1,...

United States

#244 Sep 11, 2010
Its the blacks that cry racism the loudest.
MaxAcceleration wrote:
Wow....did you read what you typed? This may be a case of "Do what I say and not what I do".......
"your people";
"your president";
"You know I'm just really sick of all these white people making racist comments on this site";
Remove the word 'white' and I would agree with you.
This site is a reflection of our society (unfortunately) and given the fact that we can't get along on a message board gives no hope for changing the culture in the immediate future.
<quoted text>

United States

#245 Sep 11, 2010
Ohio has since allowed the crips and bloodshed to take over and all non blacks have no rights. Crack is legal and so is rape murder and killing whites. Northern blacks have no clue that southern blacks fought under the Battle Flag. All they care about is destroying life. I have not seen a Confederate Flag since 2006. I have been shot raped etc because I'm the wrong color and gender!
MaxAcceleration wrote:
If feel I should automatically disagree with you (but I am not sure why). LOL
I grew up in the rural south, but married a yankee (I know, I know, but that's a different topic altogether). During my first trip up north to Ohio, I was astounded at the number of confederate flags I saw. I have not experienced any 'racism'(10+ years ago) other than people wanting me to "talk so more" so they can say, "You ain't from around here are ya?".
I do agree that racism exists in many different forms in many locations with many people falling victim, but it is certainly the focus of conversation on this forum.
I also agree that people act much differently behind a computer screen when they feel they are anonymous (although not really). That's why people should take it for what it is....a public forum.
It is too bad that this topic has overtaken the real purpose......to acknowledge that this is a tragic event. There are 2 families that have been forever changed by the squeeze of a trigger.
<quoted text>

United States

#246 Sep 11, 2010
Are you the Commissioner of New Jersey?
JerseyPrincess wrote:
<quoted text> I am royalty. Police are below me.

United States

#247 Sep 11, 2010
You are right!
Zelda wrote:
You guys are so stupid and ignorant! I know both of these boys and it is so messed up for both of these boys and their families...... Mike didn't deserve to die, no one does in this fashion. I hate that for his family and everyone involved. I just don't understand how people can make all of these comments about him being such a good boy. He had a gun, he was in a gang, he was in the middle of a gang fight wit gangsters, and he hung out wit gangers (crips to be exact?). Does that mean that Mike deserves to die? Nope? Does that mean you shouldn't love him and embrace his memory? Nope? I'm just pointing out the fact that he was just a bad as the rest of the people involved. Just like Mike died it could have been Markelle, Dexter, or anyone else that got shot by Mike.
The guy you all are calling racist and all that, is right. You may read about the white kids shooting up school and all that, but you dont hear about them killing people over stupid, fake ass gang stuff. U wouldn't hear of them carrying a gun to their parties or nothing. THey go to the party and get drunk and then get a DUI on the way home. But usually no one dies. I feel so bad for mike and markelle's parents. This should be a lesson learned for every person in camden!!! Take care of your kids and make them fly straight, no matter the cause.

New Haven, CT

#248 Jul 19, 2016
TM GW wrote:
<quoted text>

Yeah right... Know my place. Another black male is dead and all his friends are on here with the typical "he ain't like that", "RIP", blah blah blah.

So typical in their world it doesn't even evoke a real response. Another tragedy - a black man taken away by another before they had time to "Keep it real" in life...
Good one so true

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump vs Clinton 2016 16 hr MAGA2016 1
DEA at econolodge 16 hr Unknown 1
University of South Carolina 22 hr LAWEST100 7
News Statement from Eastover Mayor Christopher Campbell (Apr '07) Sun DONE 13
Japanese EVERYTHING!! Sun Edgar Newborn12 2
Kyoto Collection Sun Edgar Newborn12 3
Japanese Food Sun Edgar Newborn12 5

Camden Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance