Police: Camden Teen Shot, Killed Duri...

Police: Camden Teen Shot, Killed During "Gang-Related" Incident

There are 216 comments on the WLTX Columbia story from Dec 8, 2007, titled Police: Camden Teen Shot, Killed During "Gang-Related" Incident. In it, WLTX Columbia reports that:

A Camden teen is dead and two other teens are in jail after a gang-related shooting in Camden Friday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WLTX Columbia.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Ralph Strickland

Hartsville, SC

#1 Dec 8, 2007
Sad. I feel bad for the parents who let him stay out that late.
Janice

Gilbert, SC

#2 Dec 8, 2007
Thoughts and pryers. What is this world coming too? All this young people killng one another.

Since: Jun 07

Orangeburg, SC

#3 Dec 8, 2007
Another tragic case that is making headlines......children killing children.

I guess I need to thank my parents again for being "parents" instead of "friends" when I was growing up.

Prayers for the families involves........here comes the race trolls.
Janice

Gilbert, SC

#4 Dec 8, 2007
*prayers*
Terribly Sad

AOL

#5 Dec 8, 2007
I heard so many cop cars, ambulances and helicopters last night. I wondered what it was! I am sad to learn a child was killed last night. Just terrible!

“Speak your mind.”

Since: Aug 07

Toccoa, GA

#6 Dec 8, 2007
MaxAcceleration wrote:
Another tragic case that is making headlines......children killing children.
I guess I need to thank my parents again for being "parents" instead of "friends" when I was growing up.
Prayers for the families involves........here comes the race trolls.
I agree with you...when you're young you think your parents are being mean when they set boundaries -- it's only when you've grown up that you see the "why" behind everything.

And yes, they're coming...in 5,4,3,2,1,...
Justin Miller

Camden, SC

#7 Dec 8, 2007
R.I.P Michael Smith
camden

Pine Hill, AL

#8 Dec 8, 2007
this is so sad .is this Ed Reids son?
Kristen

White House, TN

#9 Dec 8, 2007
There was an away basketball game at North Central Friday night. I was told by a teacher today that they heard "whisperings" about somebody was "about to get shot", but they thought it was at NC and left the game.
fou

Camden, SC

#10 Dec 8, 2007
wow
hello McFly

Florence, SC

#11 Dec 8, 2007
WLTX will not deliberately:
Reference the names of gangs
Show gang signs on air
Show the colors associated with gangs
Talk to active gang members

what about not mentioning the names of gang members arrested they get "points" for this. the story would have had the same point if it said
"Camden Police Chief Floyd says 17-year-old Michael Smith died from a gunshot wound to the chest. An eighteen-year-old who is thought to be a member of a gang is being charged with murder, and another posible member is being charged as an accessory."
Peach Iced Tea

Davis Station, SC

#12 Dec 8, 2007
Parents and school officials, can we NOW begin to work together to deal with the very obvious GANG PROBLEM that EXISTS with our students (regardless of color of skin or clothing)?? It is here in Kershaw County, and it will not go away by turning our noses up to it, or by turning a blind eye to it. Please let's join together with Law Enforcement, parents, and those school officials that are TRYING to take back our schools and our streets...and LET'S RAISE OUR CHILDREN INSTEAD OF LETTING THE TV'S AND RADIOS/MP3 PLAYERS DO IT!
Flash

Irmo, SC

#13 Dec 8, 2007
Need to stop with the d a m n gangs. People are dying over nothing.
keya

Maxton, NC

#14 Dec 8, 2007
camden wrote:
this is so sad .is this Ed Reids son?
yes it is
cierra

Decatur, GA

#15 Dec 8, 2007
RIP MIKE SMITH WE WILL MISS YOU. AND TO HIS MOTHER I'M VERY SORRY ABOUT YOU LOST I WILL DO EVERYTHING I CAN YOU HELP YOU I KNOW ITS HARD BUT WITH GOD PRAYERS WE WILL MAKE IT THROUGH.
jay

Camden, SC

#17 Dec 8, 2007
man i know mike, he went to my school. He was not like that. Tis is messed up what happend to him
A Camden High Student

United States

#18 Dec 8, 2007
Mike was a cool dude. I still can't believe that he is gone, I jus saw him. I believe all the people involved should be arrest. Mike didn't deserve to die, he had his whole life ahead of him. To his Mother and Family members I'm very sorry for your last.
R.I.P Mike
Childhood friend

Decatur, GA

#19 Dec 8, 2007
We played when we was younger and he always knew how to keep a smile on your face. R.I.P to my dude MIKE and my heart goes out to his family
big dog

United States

#21 Dec 8, 2007
They need to just go ahead and execute the one that pulled the trigger and not even give him a fair trial.........he didn't give his victim a fair chance.
Concerned Parent

Camden, SC

#22 Dec 8, 2007
Let us all pray for both families involved. In a since both mothers are loosing a son. One in death and one to prison.
To Michael's mom, I can't imagine what you are going through. My prayers will be with you. I didn't know your son well, but my child knew him pretty well. I have only heard good things about him. May God lighten your heart. Remember he puts no more on us than we can bare.
To Markell's family, my prayers are with you too. That's your son and it is only right that you stand by him and help him through this tragedy. I've watched Markell grow up from a child to a young man and it really hurts me to know that he could have done something like this. I know God will help you all through this and you know me and my family will be there for you and your family. We love you.
RIP Mike!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How to make a Blackberry Smash cocktail Mon Elisabeth 2
News So How Did "The Sopranos" End? (Jun '07) Apr 29 Jelly Belly Popcorn 32
News Tommy Pope to resign (Sep '06) Apr 28 SheCoop 48
News Calvin H. Irwin Jr. (Apr '08) Apr 26 Tom Gaudiello 4
new to elgin.. (Aug '15) Apr 26 Zeke the Pinhead 2
holy temple church of the lord jesus christ of ... (Mar '13) Apr 25 Alonzo 1,389
News Minister Facing Charges Involving Teens (Feb '08) Apr 21 Apostle60 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Camden Mortgages