SC man charged in hit-and-run that ki...

SC man charged in hit-and-run that killed biker

There are 9 comments on the Myrtle Beach Online story from Jul 24, 2009, titled SC man charged in hit-and-run that killed biker. In it, Myrtle Beach Online reports that:

A South Carolina man has been arrested in a hit-and-run that killed a man on a bicycle.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Myrtle Beach Online.

joey boots

Goose Creek, SC

#1 Jul 24, 2009
First off...wtf is a 60 yr old doing on a bike, the guy reported to the cops he thought he killed a deer, so how the hell is that leaving the scene, he reported the incident, so screw em.
Bubbles

Saint Cloud, FL

#2 Jul 24, 2009
Damn bikers will learn to keep their yankee a-- at home!
NIGHTSHIFT

Summerville, SC

#4 Jul 24, 2009
Many people ride bicycles in order to get good exercise. Should they pass an ordinance banning exercise? Maybe Mayor Rhoads can get his next job down in the Mt. Unpleasant Summerville area. I think Joey boy has a lot to learn or just maybe some day he will end up along the road or on the wrong side of the law at best.
Hit and run is where you leave the scene of an accident and fail to report it or try to cover it up. One could also be charged with obstruction of justice if they give the police false information in order to trick them. The associated press said that a man had been arrested in a hit-and-run that killed a man but does not necessarily say that he was charged with hit and run. They say that he has been charged with leaving the scene of a collision involving death. A death did occur and the man did leave the scene. So that is correct and if you have an incident in public you should protect your self from leaving the scene charges by stopping right there and calling the police. You should not move until police arrive, unless of course you are guilty or have something to hide or you have way to much money and think it would be cool, to be charged with leaving the scene and if you leave the scene and paint your car then you are probably not so innocent. Are you people that stupid or do you just like to say stupid things just to make southerners look bad? Lets hope that one of these days Horry County and other Counties will do something to diminish some of are dangers, like mopeds, golf carts and pedestrians on the streets. They could build more bicycle lanes and bicycle paths. They could teach the really stupid people not to walk in the road or with their backs to the traffic and train people not to jay walk. Explain to them that a cross walk is the only place that you are supposed to cross a street and that it is not there for you to step out in front of cars. The other day some cop at a cross walk, yelled out, cross walk sir, to a car that was going down the street. It is not the car that needs to be aware of the cross walk. It is the pedestrian that needs to stop at the crosswalk and wait until it is clear to cross unless there is a walk donít walk light that clearly say walk, or a stop light, stop sign or some one legally directing traffic. Only stupid pedestrians put their safety in to the hands of other, and as far as bicycles go, it is not a very safe world and so far local governments are doing very little to make it any safer.
My prayers will go out to the friends and family of the man who died. This is tragic so if you must post your comments, then try to say something nice and supportive.
joey boots

Goose Creek, SC

#5 Jul 25, 2009
Dude, he went an reported it, he thought he hit a dear you friggin hillbilly. The cops are the idiots for even charging the guy, he wasnt hiding anything, it clearly states he went to the police station and reported the incident...period...nuff said.
RJS

Dunlap, TN

#6 Jul 25, 2009
joey boots wrote:
Dude, he went an reported it, he thought he hit a dear you friggin hillbilly. The cops are the idiots for even charging the guy, he wasnt hiding anything, it clearly states he went to the police station and reported the incident...period...nuff said.
"Authorities say Kentrus tried to hide evidence by painting the car".

obviously, you missed this part of the story, slick
joey boots

Goose Creek, SC

#7 Jul 25, 2009
No i saw that, and if my car got wrecked i would try and repair it too nutjob.

And what part of he reported the incident dont you get?

Since: Jul 09

Saint Stephen, SC

#8 Jul 30, 2009
HOW MANY PEOPLE YOU KNOW GO TO THE POLICE ST. WHEN THEY HIT A DEER
jhjh

Belfry, KY

#9 Aug 1, 2009
Billy Joe Todd wrote:
<quoted text>
this biker ain't no yankee. if you can't tell the difference in a man on a bike and a deer, you need to turn in your license
Amen, he wants to know what a 60 yo was doing on a bike.. The driver of the car must have been 110 yo. That is stupid..
scv

United States

#10 Jan 28, 2010
joey boots wrote:
No i saw that, and if my car got wrecked i would try and repair it too nutjob.
And what part of he reported the incident dont you get?
"Yeah", because he knew he was GULTY and was trying to hide the evidence!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
holy temple church of the lord jesus christ of ... (Mar '13) 19 hr Shadow 538
Why I Support Trump Sun Trump or Sanders 35
new to elgin.. Aug 26 fun couple 1
News Resident runs throughout Aiken County for ALS a... Aug 25 Edgardo Dealez 10
News Photo shows black public safety officer helping... Aug 25 Of Course 35
The people are bullshit Aug 25 Effects of Racism 1
Why I Do not support Hillary Clinton Aug 24 Kron Calderon 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Camden Mortgages